Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting hand at Monster Stack

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Girls with their eyes closed are rarely bluffing.

Load Metric
    lol at asking for advice and then deleting it when it doesn't fit your agenda.

She pushed you off your hand on the river based on her read of how you play. It was her intention all along based on stack sizes and her donkmeter reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    lol at asking for advice and then deleting it when it doesn't fit your agenda.

She pushed you off your hand on the river based on her read of how you play. It was her intention all along based on stack sizes and her donkmeter reading.
    Your "advice" was just trolling, so I removed it.

The hand was way too early for her to have "donkmeter" reads on my play.

You also know nothing about my previous hands at that table, so again you're just trolling.

You are welcome to participate in strategy discussions here, even if you disagree with my play. However if your purpose here is mostly to troll, I will just kick you from this section of the site.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looks like Linglin is at it again

She is very aggro once she gets a big stack. I can see how she can run up chips quickly if she's running well.

When I faced her in this hand, she didn't have a big stack yet.

She also had no big cashes until this year's Monster Stack, where she finished 16th.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I had an interesting hand on Bovada tonight. It was only a $50 heads up SNG but I was put in a very tough spot.

That Linglin Zeng girl got 5th in the 3k tournament.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    I had an interesting hand on Bovada tonight. It was only a $50 heads up SNG but I was put in a very tough spot.

You got 900 in preflop (out of a 2k stack) when blinds were 10/20 with pocket threes?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

You got 900 in preflop (out of a 2k stack) when blinds were 10/20 with pocket threes?
    there must be an obvious explanation to this

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post

there must be an obvious explanation to this
    The only explanation I can come up with is that he wanted the 80 chips in the middle so badly that it was worth risking it all on the flop to get them.

I only posted it because Druff had that spot with 33 and it wasn't so clear cut what to do on the flop.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    No offense, but $50 hu sng level the standard of play there is mostly regulars who play them for a living.

It's cool if you just play recreationally and can afford to shoot off a handful of $50 buy-in games, but there's no way you can get half your stack in pre at first level with 3s

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    No offense, but $50 hu sng level the standard of play there is mostly regulars who play them for a living.

It's cool if you just play recreationally and can afford to shoot off a handful of $50 buy-in games, but there's no way you can get half your stack in pre at first level with 3s
    You guys both didn't read the hand right as to what happened because that is not what goes on preflop. I paused the re-player without even acting to what he does on the flop.

Load Metric

Showing how stupid you are again. He already explained it to you & you didn't even bother to read it.

There was 80 chips in the middle pre-flop or 40 from each player, & I'm pretty sure 40 wasn't half his stack, & the guy decided to go all-in when B&P flopped quads.

What's so hard to understand here?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    So I made a more conservative bet, leaving myself room to possibly fold.

Really interesting hand. Of your three options on the turn, I think the conservative bet you made was the worst line. Shove being the best and check being the second best option. I don't think we're doing a good job there using our soldiers. You get the sb to fold but with the ten on the turn you have him crushed anyway. What is he check raising the flop with? 99? I think she read the situation perfectly. She turned up the heat. So many hands put you in jail. The ace on the river is really interesting too. Because it really elimiminates Ace-Xd from your range. You could have 99 there since you have tt - yeah but you can't have a flush there.

Also, with you behind her yet to act she's going to call the turn check raise with a flush draw? Her hand feels like two pair or potato salad but it doesn't matter because a flush is not in your range at all.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    So I made a more conservative bet, leaving myself room to possibly fold.

Really interesting hand. Of your three options on the turn, I think the conservative bet you made was the worst line. Shove being the best and check being the second best option. I don't think we're doing a good job there using our soldiers. You get the sb to fold but with the ten on the turn you have him crushed anyway. What is he check raising the flop with? 99? I think she read the situation perfectly. She turned up the heat. So many hands put you in jail. The ace on the river is really interesting too. Because it really elimiminates Ace-Xd from your range. You could have 99 there since you have tt - yeah but you can't have a flush there.

Also, with you behind her yet to act she's going to call the turn check raise with a flush draw? Her hand feels like two pair or potato salad but it doesn't matter because a flush is not in your range at all.
    I understand what you're saying, but you're getting one detail very wrong.

There was no turn check raise.

The flop check-raiser suddenly backed off on the turn, going into check-quick fold mode.

So she also checked the turn, and then had to face the decision of what to do with my bet on the button.

I think going all in was the correct move on the turn for me here, but once I didn't, I think it was hard to call the river, given her play being somewhat indicative of the flush draw.

Thread Information