Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryQQQ View Post
    The Soviet Union lasted 69 years before it collapsed. The European Union is currently 58 years old. Just saying.

I'm a leave voter. I must admit I do have a regret. I lumped my money on leave at 4/1 two days before the referendum. I also backed leave getting over 46.5% of votes at 10/11 a week before that. Had I waited until the day of the vote I'd have got 7/1 on leave. Kicking myself.
    Must be nice living in cloud world.

EU is not a communist entity. Empty head.

Comments

big dick: empty head lolzzzz

MumblesBadly: Shhh! He prolly thinks Germany, with its free universities to qualifying candidates, is the reincarnation of the despised Honecker-lead East German regime because Angela Merkel was born and raised there before the wall came down.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryQQQ View Post
    The Soviet Union lasted 69 years before it collapsed.
    nice
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

FYP (Because wingnut conservatives in Texas actually often clamor these days about seceding from the US.)
    I would love for Texas to leave the USA.
    You may get your wish.

Brexit emboldens Texan campaign to 'Texit' from United States
    http://m.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Updat...-United-States

Bonus article showing how fucking nuts the conservos in Texas are:
    Texas high court sides with family who let kids skip schoolwork in wait of 'rapture'
    http://m.csmonitor.com/USA/Education...ait-of-rapture
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 06-28-2016 at 07:44 AM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    Markets on the uptick... you buy now and you're a sucker. There is more pain around the corner if I were a betting man.

But hey, what do I know... I thought brexit wasn't going to happen.
    So very standard it's almost boring. Took about as much thought to call this as scratching an itch. I still got a small buzz going short. What else you gonna do on a gap up?

Kindred spirit though.

new kids get hazed in your shop? Son brought a friend over who was offered a job with New England Life. Intern until he passes series 6 & 63.

Was peppering him with the current market. Fucking kid barely was aware of Brexit. No edge, no hunger. You wanted to hit him with the receiver of a corded phone. You know, so you could pull it back and hit him again.

Feels like the market is on the hunt for more bad news.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 06-28-2016 at 07:57 AM.

Load Metric
    Name:  Untitled28b0f.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  177.9 KB

Comments

sonatine: fucking hof.

ToasterOven: solid cover

Load Metric
    To Brexiters here: Are you aware of how important government funding of scientific research is to the long term economic vitality of a country? Well, if you don't, you'll likely realize it in the coming decades if the UK really leaves the EU due to this Brexit referendum.

(Good luck with that.)

Comments

Shizzmoney: great vid
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    To Brexiters here: Are you aware of how important government funding of scientific research is to the long term economic vitality of a country? Well, if you don't, you'll likely realize it in the coming decades if the UK really leaves the EU due to this Brexit referendum.

(Good luck with that.)
    The one thing i've learned about the EU from this is that there are feeder nations and eater nations in the EU. Britain is a feeder and I guess a number of those people who voted, didn't feels your feels.

Oh, and I already posted that clip on the last page fucktard.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Did you *really* post it? Try watching it first to see who created it (, fucktard).

Load Metric
    http://www.activistpost.com/2016/06/...rket-loss.html

Friday = biggest 24 hour stock market slaughter in human history.

Golfclaps.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    So, the UK is going to negotiate a new trade agreement with the US while the Republican candidate for president is against free trade with Canada. Good luck, chaps.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Golfclaps.
    Too many journalist make a living by focusing the story on certain details for maximum emotional effect. 'Cause on a percentage basis, Brexit Friday doesn't even come close to the 22% drop on Black Monday.

(And I was this close to telling my broker to buy these certain OOTM S&P put options on the previous Thursday. Even buying at the close of the next day (Friday) when the market dropped about 4%, those little puppies would have returned about 20-to-1 (2,000%) in less than a week.)

Name:  image.gif
Views: 303
Size:  710.3 KBName:  image.gif
Size:  710.3 KB

Load Metric
    shout out to slexit

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Golfclaps.
    Too many journalist make a living by focusing the story on certain details for maximum emotional effect. 'Cause on a percentage basis, Brexit Friday doesn't even come close to the 22% drop on Black Monday.

(And I was this close to telling my broker to buy these certain OOTM S&P put options on the previous Thursday. Even buying at the close of the next day (Friday) when the market dropped about 4%, those little puppies would have returned about 20-to-1 (2,000%) in less than a week.)

Name:  image.gif
Size:  710.3 KB

No one gives a fuck what you think or did or almost did or didnt do, unless it involves a noose in which case we are probably all for it.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Shitposting

big dick: the noose made me lol
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Load Metric

I guess after you vote against it, is the best time to find out exactly what the fuck it is.

LOL, UK!!!

Load Metric
    Markets on pt to open up again. What drives this market down?!?! I feel like I am in some sick version of the Twilight zone with the market shrugging off friday and the mumbles fuck making this site great again.

Btw MS/BAC on the watch list for fins today given the stress test... better hope they didn't submit some outrageous plan.

Load Metric
    Markets on pt to open up again. What drives this market down?!?! I feel like I am in some sick version of the Twilight zone with the market shrugging off friday and the mumbles fuck making this site great again.

Btw MS/BAC on the watch list for fins today given the stress test... better hope they didn't submit some outrageous plan.
    Because despite the media agenda this isn't an extinction level event. Nothing is going to change right away. And once the dust settles the businesses in the UK and Mainland are going to insist on making a deal to keep trade going. The whole of Europe can be as pissed as it wants....You think all the manufacturers in Germany are going to let them stop trading with the U.K. After they have foot the bill for Greece the last bunch of years? Fuck no.

Comments

BiffCo99: You're one of the few who have displayed some common sense in this thread.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Because despite the media agenda this isn't an extinction level event. Nothing is going to change right away. And once the dust settles the businesses in the UK and Mainland are going to insist on making a deal to keep trade going. The whole of Europe can be as pissed as it wants....You think all the manufacturers in Germany are going to let them stop trading with the U.K. After they have foot the bill for Greece the last bunch of years? Fuck no.
    I never implied extinction level, but to assume we continue to grind higher/tighter is just very short sited. What took place will have economic impacts globally. Also, prior to this the market is so overpriced to begin with...

But hey I could be wrong and we could close the yr with stocks at 2200, because what's stopping it at this point?

Load Metric
    From last week. Random thought and not a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Thoughts while driving around this morning.

10 year US treasuries are yielding 1.57%

A German treasury is -.15%

So with Yellen holding off on rates (which was a mortal lock anyway until post Hillary coronation) we gonna have one last blow off move?
    The irony of Brexit is that the world has just been handed another dose of negative rates.

The disaffected English middle class just caused the spread in the wealth affect to continue to widen.

How in the fuck are retirees surviving with these yields? Are they still taking risk? Cause that is going to be some epic shit next year.

I thought the surge in the sales of personal safes in Japan is a phenomenon that speaks volumes and might foretell something about the future. Japan has always foreshadowed action we later see.

They are giving out free chips and only one table is open.

Handicap knows we can be wronger longer than intellect and bankrolls allow.

Comments

Tellafriend: smarter than the average poster

Load Metric
    From last week. Random thought and not a call.

Thoughts while driving around this morning.

10 year US treasuries are yielding 1.57%

A German treasury is -.15%

So with Yellen holding off on rates (which was a mortal lock anyway until post Hillary coronation) we gonna have one last blow off move?

Handicap knows we can be wronger longer than intellect and bankrolls allow.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

I guess after you vote against it, is the best time to find out exactly what the fuck it is.

LOL, UK!!!

exactly moron, if u don't know what it is, u would of course think "ya why would we need to be in this, sounds like a scam" which it is I'm sure cuz basically it sounds to me like countries like England have to pay for everybody else and its an easy way for terrorists to scam in ur country as long as they can get into any other EU country. obviously leave and tell the other countries we can get back together if u help us crush ISIS.

Comments

TheXFactor: The Terrorists are already in the country.

Thread Information