Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    fwiw, the same person telling me remain was more or less a lock is now saying there is a contingency plan going into effect that would basically retract the vote.

again, they might still be drunk.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...illion-8281945

interesting.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I saw somewhere that people who voted to leave are now having regrets. One guy said he voted leave just because he thought there was zero chance of them actually leaving.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Saw the same. As their 'cousins' say downunder... "Fucking muppets!"

Henry: Hof

Platinum
    Load Metric
    If you're from the area can you share your experiences with the Muslims. thx

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    The people who hate the Muslims the most are the Sikhs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    fwiw, the same person telling me remain was more or less a lock is now saying there is a contingency plan going into effect that would basically retract the vote.

again, they might still be drunk.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...illion-8281945

interesting.
    You could basically just say no backsies since this was clearly played for keepsies, if there was more than few months since Nigel Farage said “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.” Obv he said that assuming the leave side would lose and he could go on being a happy-go-lucky populist cunt without any actual responsibilities.

Load Metric
    The vote was only an "advisory referendum". This means it is not legally binding and therefore all options remain open to the government.

However to go against the will of the people and just say "haha only joking" would be political suicide for the government, so they have to set course on Brexit.

Nothing is firm until a notification under Article 50 is given. You might have thought Article 50 is hundreds of pages of legal text. It isn't - it's 5 paragraphs - shown below.

Until notification is given, there's still the possibility that the EU come back with a big bunch of concessions; if they do, then a second referendum is likely (imo).

http://www.lisbon-treaty.org/wcm/the...rticle-50.html

Article 50

1. Any Member State may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements.

2. A Member State which decides to withdraw shall notify the European Council of its intention. In the light of the guidelines provided by the European Council, the Union shall negotiate and conclude an agreement with that State, setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal, taking account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union. That agreement shall be negotiated in accordance with Article 218(3) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. It shall be concluded on behalf of the Union by the Council, acting by a qualified majority, after obtaining the consent of the European Parliament.

3. The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in paragraph 2, unless the European Council, in agreement with the Member State concerned, unanimously decides to extend this period.

4. For the purposes of paragraphs 2 and 3, the member of the European Council or of the Council representing the withdrawing Member State shall not participate in the discussions of the European Council or Council or in decisions concerning it.

A qualified majority shall be defined in accordance with Article 238(3)(b) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.

5. If a State which has withdrawn from the Union asks to rejoin, its request shall be subject to the procedure referred to in Article 49.

Comments

sonatine: gotta love an advisory referendum that makes a tenth of a nations net worth evaporate
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Is this a knee jerk reaction to right wing fear mongering on immigration or are the Muslims fucking up the place. I imagine once you have a significant Muslim pop. and a few terror attacks there's never peace of mind.

It looks like they made a big mistake leaving the EU.

Are most of the immigrants black Muslims (afros n shit) or look like those guys that own most 711's etc?

Just wondering, I've never seen a Muslim IRL so I don't have a read on em.

Load Metric
    Born and raised in a multicultural city, went to school with muslims, friends with muslims, nothing but good things to say.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Good luck to tickle at 21 who knows everything

Hope you all done your brains in the market.

Love people like the Oxbridge northerner slagging off thick people who voted out.

I know loads of people on 6 figures who voted out.

Thank fuck it's a democracy
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Load Metric
    Is this a knee jerk reaction to right wing fear mongering on immigration or are the Muslims fucking up the place. I imagine once you have a significant Muslim pop. and a few terror attacks there's never peace of mind.

Are most of the immigrants black Muslims (afros n shit) or look like those guys that own most 711's etc?

It's not the Muslims it's the Eastern Europeans that are the "problem". Anyone from the EU can come to any country and immediately work without the need for a work permit.

The issue was there was nothing the UK government could do as it was a EU law that allowed this.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: lol u fucking liar
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by YUUP View Post

Love people like the Oxbridge northerner slagging off thick people who voted out.

This week has shown just how dangerous democracy is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post

Yes heaven for fucking sakes that the Government should actually listen to the fucking citizens who pay the taxes and who the fuckers are accountable to.. Yeah its called government accountability. Ya know the opposite to a fucking dictatorship.. Typical liberal bullshit. We know better as the government what the fuck is better for you then you do.. This is the canary in the Coalmine for Europe and their EU because countries are sick and tired of having Germany telling the rest what to do. EU did for Germany what Hitler couldn't which was political power over Europe.. Right wing in France is already making rumblings.. If France votes to Frexit its the death knell for the EU period.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

It's not the Muslims it's the Eastern Europeans that are the "problem". Anyone from the EU can come to any country and immediately work without the need for a work permit.

The issue was there was nothing the UK government could do as it was a EU law that allowed this.

not so different to Trump's closing the borders to Mexicans I think, and "It's not the Muslims" bull fucking shit, lol your not fooling anyone there.
    UK's exit from the EU will make them the some of the most hated people in Europe..... So enjoy that moniker.

tell me WHO is going to do the shitty jobs that the eastern euros do??? Ya none of you lazy fucks, you need them like the USA needs Mexicans. Seems like you all only know about numbers and not a fucking thing about the repercussions of you own stupid decisions. cheep help leaves and the cost of living will go through the roof, or garbage in the streets.... more than there already is.
    Truthfully i hope this goes full exit and the UK builds them selves a giant wall to hide behind.

your numbers only tell part of the story and in reality only the greedy bottom feeders care about them.

enjoy your new world.
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 06-25-2016 at 04:31 PM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric

Especially when the EU is talking about raising an army.

Load Metric
    Lol, roll d20, saving throw against democracy

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: lol redo

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Born and raised in a multicultural city, went to school with muslims, friends with muslims, nothing but good things to say.
    A non American Bernie supporter? There's one flaw with the Bernie left, they can't be trusted to tell the truth on issues involving race.

If there's a strong correlation between say a certain race and crime I want to know the truth. Some people claim there's a shitload of unreported black on white crime and black mob violence. I subbed to this dudes channel just to see if there's any merit to this claim. Let's just say he keeps my inbox full. Yea I know it's cherry picked out of the entire nation, he may be a racist etc. but i want the truth with no regard to political correctness. Anything less would be uncivilized.

That being said I hope your right about muslims and multi culturism as a whole, they're both here to stay. The search for truth goes on...

Last edited by FPS_Russia; 06-25-2016 at 07:15 PM.

Load Metric
    Governing by ballot initiative isn't very smart. Most people make a quick judgment and ignore or are ignorant of the big picture. I bet if they re-did this vote it wouldn't pass.

I don't know about you limeys but we have a perfectly fine system of government.

Load Metric

#Thistraindontstop

Comments

FPS_Russia: Holy shit, did The Donald seriously predict Brexit or was that quote after the vote was announced.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

Especially when the EU is talking about raising an army.
    The EU is talking about raising an army because of the combination of Obama's doctrine to spur the EU to bear more of the cost of their own defense (versus the US shouldering most of it) and Russia's renewed willingness to use military force to influence political outcomes in its neighbors (such as Ukraine).
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    Governing by ballot initiative isn't very smart. Most people make a quick judgment and ignore or are ignorant of the big picture. I bet if they re-did this vote it wouldn't pass.

I don't know about you limeys but we have a perfectly fine system of government.

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...l=1#post551180

already in progress.

no one who voted 'remain' is going to switch their vote to 'leave', and a fuckton++ of people who voted 'leave' are like 'oh shit wait this is nothing but soccer hooligans and olds and fuck what just happened'.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information