Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rio FAIL -- Air conditioner filters not changed regularly, hotel not ready for 115 degree day

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Rio FAIL -- Air conditioner filters not changed regularly, hotel not ready for 115 degree day

Today in Vegas, the high was 115 degrees. Even at 7pm there isn't much relief, as the high here occurs at 5pm.

Anyway, the Rio has a chronic problem with filter changing. I noticed this last year. They basically don't change the filters on the A/C until someone complains.

Today I came into my new room and it was hot. A/C was running full blast already.

Pretty likely the filter is long due for a change.

I called up to ask for maintenance, and of course I was told that they have "numerous requests" identical to mine, obviously because nobody's filter was changed on time.

They cannot give me a time frame when a maintenance man will come up -- not even a broad one. It can be anything from 30 minutes to 12 hours.

They don't seem to understand why failure to give a broad time frame (such as "between 4 and 8 hours from now") is ludicrous.

They are "looking into" whether they can give me a time frame.

Of course, they are acting like I am the unreasonable one here, and that the 115 degree weather somehow excuses their failure to change filters.

Last year when I needed the filter change, it came out looking like it had just been through the dust bowl.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Today in Vegas, the high was 115 degrees. Even at 7pm there isn't much relief, as the high here occurs at 5pm.

Anyway, the Rio has a chronic problem with filter changing. I noticed this last year. They basically don't change the filters on the A/C until someone complains.

Today I came into my new room and it was hot. A/C was running full blast already.

Pretty likely the filter is long due for a change.

I called up to ask for maintenance, and of course I was told that they have "numerous requests" identical to mine, obviously because nobody's filter was changed on time.

They cannot give me a time frame when a maintenance man will come up -- not even a broad one. It can be anything from 30 minutes to 12 hours.

They don't seem to understand why failure to give a broad time frame (such as "between 4 and 8 hours from now") is ludicrous.

They are "looking into" whether they can give me a time frame.

Of course, they are acting like I am the unreasonable one here, and that the 115 degree weather somehow excuses their failure to change filters.

Last year when I needed the filter change, it came out looking like it had just been through the dust bowl.

When is the last time vegas got nailed by a big sand storm? I would figure there would be a run on air filters like that very day.

Load Metric
    Just hit google and figure out how to remove the filter yourself.

West Coast rely on Spanish speaking help for all masculine chores.

East Coast a son might give his father a Leatherman for Father's Day

West Coast they give flowers.

Comments

Kuntmissioner: ROFL

jacosta24: Google how to remove a filter lol

Prodigal son: Offset

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't know about you, but I don't carry commercial-grade air filters with me when I travel.

Comments

Benford: LOLOLOL

Load Metric
    I don't know about you, but I don't carry commercial-grade air filters with me when I travel.
    Who is replacing it?

You think air blowing through a sickening dirty filter is better than no filter at all?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Who is replacing it?

You think air blowing through a sickening dirty filter is better than no filter at all?
    Druff probably couldn't change a light bulb if he had to, and you want him to take on the task of actually finding where a big huge filter is an manually removing it?? As if!

He would rather tweet and post about it so he can add another customer service fail notch on his belt.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Given all the dust in that thing, yes, even an old filter is better.

BTW, the guy actually came quickly after I prodded VIP Services pretty hard. Turns out it's not the filter, and they are working on it to figure out what's wrong.

I guess the previous guests in this room just tolerated it.

LOL Rio

Load Metric

BTW, the guy actually came quickly after I prodded VIP Services pretty hard. Turns out it's not the filter, and they are working on it to figure out what's wrong.

LOL Rio
    You tip him?

He might actually give a shit. It's a possibility, no? Or is this principle somehow.

Comments

Benford: Maintenance men break $20's into $5's upon request, no singles allowed

Prodigal son: Fact

Load Metric

LOL Rio
    You tip him?

He might actually give a shit. It's a possibility, no? Or is this principle somehow.

C'mon bro. Druff is not tipping the maintenance man.

Load Metric
    I'll coach him up, no charge.

Little empathy.

"Man, must be a tough day for you guys, huh?"

"I appreciate your helping me out. Here's $20. I want you to get a cold six pack on me when you get out tonight."

Guaranteed your problem is solved or he works the system for you.

Kid has 20 outstanding calls. Whether a call takes 20 minutes or forever matters not a wit to him.

Comments

Tellafriend: More wisdom

Prodigal son:

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Not a troll post.

One more hot day and Druff's going to be asking six figures. Druff since you angle shoot these corporations relentlessly I would prefer you reported the actual temperature and how long the ac's been running. Hot could mean anything, of course we all know what happened the last time Druff reported specific numbers.

Mr .4 mile

My message to the Rio.
    In the unlikely event that the ac isn't working right, let him sweat it out. These conservitards want to deny the rock solid science and the mountains of data on man made climate change. Then want to cry when the electrical grid is strained during an all time record heat wave. Fuck em, fuck em with a big rubber dick.

Jk it's too fucking hot. Take care of Druff or he'll own the Rio.

Comments

LarryLaffer: golden poast
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 06-20-2016 at 07:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It was a problem with the coils being clogged.

It has supposedly been fixed now.

Comments

Sanlmar: Legionnaires' disease Rep. Celebrate with a cigarette outside. Those 5 minutes outside may save your life

Load Metric
    I am enjoying this thread way too much.

Load Metric

LOL Rio
    You tip him?

why would you tip someone for fixing something that was broken? Do you tip the maintenance man if everything is working perfectly?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    While we are on tipping I have a small story from today. I walk outside and my tire was flat on the front left. I remove it and put on the spare (10 mins ftw, is this good time?).

I call local tire shop (Town Fair Tire) and ask if I can use a warranty at their location even though I didn't buy at this specific location. I didn't buy any insurance on the tires but they do cover them up to a certain amount of miles( I bought about 8 months ago) . He told me to bring it in

I arrive and he tries to look me up in the computer but for some reason he can't locate me so he creates a new account for me. I ask him if he needs me to pull a receipt and he tells me not to worry about it that he will take care of it. I'm kind of puzzled and I just take a seat

He goes outside and looks at the tire and he thinks this is just something that can be easily fixed like something with the rim or the wall or something minor and I won't need a new tire. Mechanic takes my keys and pulls around back.

15 minutes later he pulls out front and I am good to go. No charge. No looking me up in the system. Tire is back on and fixed ( I didn't even ask what the problem was) and he filled my spare with air.

I gave the mechanic $5 and the desk guy $5. I felt it was warranted in this situation. Do you agree?

Comments

John Stamos: def agree in tipping in this situation - china is GOD

4Dragons: yuuup

FPS_Russia: Yeah, well played.

Tellafriend: you should have given them at least a $20 spot.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    Not a troll post.

One more hot day and Druff's going to be asking six figures. Druff since you angle shoot these corporations relentlessly I would prefer you reported the actual temperature and how long the ac's been running. Hot could mean anything, of course we all know what happened the last time Druff reported specific numbers.

Mr .4 mile

My message to the Rio.
    In the unlikely event that the ac isn't working right, let him sweat it out. These conservitards want to deny the rock solid science and the mountains of data on man made climate change. Then want to cry when the electrical grid is strained during an all time record heat wave. Fuck em, fuck em with a big rubber dick.

Jk it's too fucking hot. Take care of Druff or he'll own the Rio.
    One more hot day and Druff would call it a modern day Holocaust. Instead of the gas chambers it would be excessive heat at the RIO.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    At least they don't stick you in a tent for ten hours of tournament poker anymore.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Seems like each year the pants are gettin hitched up a notch higher

edit: Forgot about the tests showing he may still be growing

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jalapeno poppers View Post
    Hey Druff,

The rooms at the Cosmo or Bellagio have wonderful AC units. Maybe you should spend a couple of dollars for your own comfort. Or is it that you just love to complain? I think we all know the answer.

Cosmo has best AC on strip. Surprisingly, Wynn AC not that good.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Commuting from Cosmo / Wynn / whatever to the Rio for events is strictly duck.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information