Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: WESTWORLD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

Guess i'm not reading that much into that plotline except its provision to get the blue dress to the center of the maze. Now that Hopkins shows up in the Saloon and stops time.. now that's something to ponder.

God when I try to somehow collapse all these tangents into one linear narrative, I get fucking vertigo, literally.
    Binge watched the first 9 episodes and I have the last one to go. I'm reading this thread for the first time and the above just about wraps up my thoughts.

Banned
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

God when I try to somehow collapse all these tangents into one linear narrative, I get fucking vertigo, literally.
    Binge watched the first 9 episodes and I have the last one to go. I'm reading this thread for the first time and the above just about wraps up my thoughts.

Lol i just powered through this show for 11 hours straight on tuesday myself.

The show actually correlates with alot of creation myths, mainly Babylonian.

Very Enki and Enlil ish imo.

It's a premise that has been around in shobiz since the terminator, very predictable thats why i never bothered watching.

What got me hooked was the attemp to make the robots conscious and how arnold went about it, made me question exactly what consciousness really is.

I'll watch next season, they've got my attention.

Comments

sonatine: youre basically a living breathing fedora
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    todge next time ur on tv can you blink twice then order 8 waffles to confirm how poor jewlips is

Load Metric
    Says the guy that dresses like he's poor...........you were dressing like a bum before kanye made it cool..

Load Metric
    Im willing to bet that he owns a few shirts with stains on them..

Load Metric
    COME AT ME BRO! DON'T MAKE ME PINCH THAT PTERODACTYL WING YOU CALL ARM FLAB!!!

Load Metric
    Really interesting ending and the show as a whole was good. You all more or less nails how sloppy and incoherent it got at times though.

I'm told season 2 is going to feature the samurai world next door.

Load Metric
    Really interesting ending and the show as a whole was good. You all more or less nails how sloppy and incoherent it got at times though.

im hearing a lot of weird shit about season 2. medieval, feudal japan particularly.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

im hearing a lot of weird shit about season 2. medieval, feudal japan particularly.
    If you rewatch the last episode they try and escape to the outside world through it.

The way the writing was in season 2 I'm a litte nervous it could go off the rails.

Load Metric
    yeah i remember the samurai stuff.

i share your concerns btw. there is some super loopy rumor mill shit about how anthony hopkins is also in season 2 which could be incredible (he uploaded himself into a godmode robot) or real fucking dumb (dream sequences).

also with all due to the creative elements behind the show, its important to me that they go through considerable pains to explain why the entire US military isnt stomping the shit out of this robot rebellion. like real fast. hopkinsbot could help there, i hope they stick the landing.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    For the first time since 1997 (Start of Oz) HBO is in danger of being without a true franchise hit show. I was kind of hoping WW could pick up the slack at the end of GOT based on what I had heard. I'm doubtful this show can pull it off but they will get another 3 months out of me for HBo to go if season two airs after GOT.

If they do go Samuri I wonder if they will have mostly Japanese actors for season 2.

Load Metric

i share your concerns btw. there is some super loopy rumor mill shit about how anthony hopkins is also in season 2 which could be incredible (he uploaded himself into a godmode robot) or real fucking dumb (dream sequences).

also with all due to the creative elements behind the show, its important to me that they go through considerable pains to explain why the entire US military isnt stomping the shit out of this robot rebellion. like real fast. hopkinsbot could help there, i hope they stick the landing.
    i always thought it was pretty obvious it wasn't really him that got got, but a robot version of himself that he made in the old lab

Comments

Tellafriend: this

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

i always thought it was pretty obvious it wasn't really him that got got, but a robot version of himself that he made in the old lab

at the time, i thought this was unlikely because it was such a hacky plot twist. but its super, super possible hbo was like, as daly mentioned, uhhhh we have _nothing_ on deck, throw money at hopkins until he says yes and claim it was a bot that died on stage.

because one of the reasons it seemed safe to assume it was hopkins up there is that he wasnt interested in continuing to participate in the show after season 1.

Load Metric
    Name:  Good+Will+Hunting+%u0025281997%29+Xvid+DVD+Rip%5B%28059320%2923-10-02%5D.JPG
Views: 166
Size:  25.2 KB

The wrong fucking shows.

Load Metric

im completely fine with hopkins being involved any way whatsoever as he is great but yeah seems likely to me that if he does indeed come back for s2 it will be have been the robot that got shot and not him

also dont think robot rebellion gets revealed to anyone outside the park, at least not at first, they prob gonna make robots of the people who got killed and pretend nothing happened

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post

im completely fine with hopkins being involved any way whatsoever as he is great but yeah seems likely to me that if he does indeed come back for s2 it will be have been the robot that got shot and not him

also dont think robot rebellion gets revealed to anyone outside the park, at least not at first, they prob gonna make robots of the people who got killed and pretend nothing happened

so they are going to explain that to the families of the people shot in the final sequence of s01 how pray tell?

not to mention there are at least two human employees that got clipped that no one seems to be raising alarms about.

Load Metric
    also i can totally see this show taking over from got as hbos top dog so long as they dont decide to go full samurai for s2 i dont see that working anywhere near as well

Load Metric
    obv the families arent supposed to know that the robot replacements are really robots lol

Load Metric
    its kinda dumb but could also work well if they do it right, i mean all the people who got killed were company employees so they should have enough data about them to pull it off

Thread Information