Load Metric
    breastworld>bugue state

c'mon gare

Load Metric
    not even tine believes that one bro

Load Metric
    simmer down, breastworld.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    lol at you nerds encouraging him on this

Load Metric
    also i literally called him breastworld on page 2 and it was that forgettable picturing tines carcass confused as he looks around to see tons of empty bugel wrappers is whats really good right now

Comments

sonatine: god you really did

herbertstemple: offset

Load Metric
    you can use bugue state I'll just think less of you

Load Metric
    so apparently 'movies' is a euphamism because hailey gross is actually taking time off from ww to write the video game 'the last of us II'.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    delores is basically in/out of fugue states, nothing from her perspective can be trusted except two things; 1) she almost certainly killed arnold and 2) the mib has been settling a deeply personal score with her for a long, long time, which ties into my belief that something delores does to his soon to be brother in law gets billy a board position in exchange for keeping quiet, and inspires him to torment delores in earnest.

What the fuck? He's in love with her. What would lead you to believe that? What about this guy makes you think he's the type that sacrifices love for a board seat. I certainly hope that doesn't happen. Billy to me is similar to the Lucifer storyline. Just instead of a God daring to love a human it's a human daring to love a robot. Also I do miss a lot and maybe it's in there but I haven't noticed where you get the part about the MIB hating her. Hell we don't even actually see him rape her. If anyone hates Dolores it would seem to be Ford who has her on a neverending murder witness/rape loop. Still no clue if I'm supposed to know why she can heal herself.

I wish they would have done more with the rogue madam being limitless in her world but I guess yeah it's more believable that she'd instantly want to escape. But it's extremely fucking lame to me that she's getting away with so much in like the most heavily surveilled world of all time. Pretty much if they don't say she's being monitored or set up it will be lame and if they do say she is it will still be lame I think.

Also is Bernarnold just finito now? Ford seems to not be above being petty. It seemed quite dramatic but what's stopping him from just going back to normal tomorrow. Obviously he'd be a tough guy to replace and a tough death to explain to the crew since I doubt even one of them knows he's a robot and that would be the third death of a major employee in like a weeks time.

You were pretty close. You didn't even take it far enough. He's a piece of work for sure.

Load Metric
    to be perfectly honest, i still dont quite get billy's transformation.

like i feel they had all the ingredients but just couldnt put together a proper narrative to make them click.

Load Metric
    I had to avoid all internet until I could watch this alone. (I was snowed in elsewhere) Nothing worse than being told what to think about shows like this. Even if my takes are like all wrong it's better than going in with some preconceived notions. It always ruins the experience with me.

The whole time I thought William was an upstanding gent like Lucifer. Turns out he's that piece of shit Jesus. Logan is Lucifer. But who knows which but fuck, if those two aren't both God's sons I'm a monkeys uncle. A simple lookup of the actor playing William could have told me what a faggot he was. For fucks sake he chooses to spell his stagename Jimmi. If you your name is James and you spell out your name as Jimmi you definitely wear a thong.

In the bible Noah releases one animal from his ark. It's the raven sent to find land. The raven never returns. I guess we are to believe that means Logan never returns... but shit is never that simple. He's basically groomed from episode one to be the prodigal/fuck up son when it shows what he's like. I don't understand if we are supposed to believe if Logan dies or simply goes mad. One of Billy's lines to him implies to him that this is it and the other line he says to him implies that he goes crazy. There is some line in the show about the outer limits leading to insanity as well. So the score is two to two. On the death side is the raven feather and him saying something like "you wanted the end of the rainboy here you go". On the other side there is something like "I think the board will want someone a little more stable." which implies insanity along with some line in the show saying the outer limits lead to insanity.

This show is so fucked. Everything has a double, triple, quadruple, quintuple, sextuple meaning. Every time you figure (or think you figure) something out it eventually leaves you you more confused than you were. Something I can identify with whole heartedly. Plus it doesn't help that there are at least 20 lines per show straight the fuck out of She Boon Pickens pms.

And nope. No Kanye shit in public on finale night. Maybe that Westworld Finale is next Sunday.

Load Metric

like i feel they had all the ingredients but just couldnt put together a proper narrative to make them click.
    It there is stuff you don't get how the fuck dead am I drawing???

I got some stuff right though. Like it only made sense that Maeve had to be being played but I still didn't want her to be. I'd watch a spinoff show of hers.

Load Metric
    The mythology of some cultures suggests that ravens weren't always black. In Ancient Greece, Apollo burned the feathers of a white raven as punishment. And get this: Apollo was born on the Greek island of Delos, which is indeed a very real place.

William claims to have been metaphorically "born" in the park. This indicates that either the feather is a sign of him punishing Logan for his transgressions, or a more subtle symbol of his own progression from white hat to black.

The Native American Sioux tribes also have a story about a white crow. Legend says that the crow would warn the buffalo of hunters, saving them from death. The humans caught the crow and turned its feathers black for its betrayal, and the crow promised to never aid the buffalo again.
    In Westworld, William is the crow, and Dolores is the buffalo; trading his white "feathers" (hat) for black is a way for him to signify an end to his attempts to help Dolores.

The indigenous North American Tlingit people have two very different raven characters in their folklore: one is the selfish, cunning trickster, and the other is the creator, who brings light to the world's darkness. It's not too hard to see how William and Logan reflected the polarity of these two avian deities.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post

It there is stuff you don't get how the fuck dead am I drawing???

I got some stuff right though. Like it only made sense that Maeve had to be being played but I still didn't want her to be. I'd watch a spinoff show of hers.
    I mean like I didn't even see the ingredients... other than the long pause between white and black hat at the very beginning. I did only watch each episode once. Maybe there is obvious stuff I totally missed or am forgetting. Just wanted to be clear that when I made previous post I did understand that you are looking at this from a perspective of finding errors and holes and me from a perspective of, "everything is perfect, what am I not getting."

Load Metric
    I just mean that traditionally in world building / narrative you string together events that influence the evolution of a character. Billy went from 'somethings wrong, Delores is self aware' to 'welp, I'm going to literally kill everything I find and become addicted to it' in virtually no time at all, arguably within literal minutes of watching his bff gut-stab her. I think thats rather artless and sloppy; the difference between me saying 'wow this show is really great' and saying 'ok so its good eye candy' is in the craftsmanship, and in this case I'm leaning towards the latter. A good writer will create transformative moments where the sum is greater than the parts, leading to a sense of surprise, not skepticism. I dont believe that bar was met here.

All the more so once I realized that sooooo much of the meat on these bones comes from someone taking a course in AI programming and just glibly rehashing the central themes regarding the morality of artificial consciousness.

Also, and very minor point here, the whole show dangles off The Origins of Consciousness and the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind by Julian Jaynes. Which, as much as I enjoyed when I read it in the late 80s, has been proven extremely and terribly wrong by people much, much smarter than us many times over.

Still and all, solid B, maybe even B+. And thats no small accomplishment given how esoteric the themes at bar are.

Load Metric
    I just mean that traditionally in world building / narrative you string together events that influence the evolution of a character. Billy went from 'somethings wrong, Delores is self aware' to 'welp, I'm going to literally kill everything I find and become addicted to it' in virtually no time at all, arguably within literal minutes of watching his bff gut-stab her. I think thats rather artless and sloppy; the difference between me saying 'wow this show is really great' and saying 'ok so its good eye candy' is in the craftsmanship, and in this case I'm leaning towards the latter. A good writer will create transformative moments where the sum is greater than the parts, leading to a sense of surprise, not skepticism. I dont believe that bar was met here.

All the more so once I realized that sooooo much of the meat on these bones comes from someone taking a course in AI programming and just glibly rehashing the central themes regarding the morality of artificial consciousness.

Also, and very minor point here, the whole show dangles off The Origins of Consciousness and the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind by Julian Jaynes. Which, as much as I enjoyed when I read it in the late 80s, has been proven extremely and terribly wrong by people much, much smarter than us many times over.

Still and all, solid B, maybe even B+. And thats no small accomplishment given how esoteric the themes at bar are.

The finale was great and awful, all at the same time. I'd give it 4 stars or a B+. I will say it was compelling all the way through the season and that nowadays is enough, though I am not that excited for another season as I don't see anything clever coming our way.

Comments

sonatine: well put

Load Metric

Comments

sonatine: had to be done

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

The finale was great and awful, all at the same time. I'd give it 4 stars or a B+. I will say it was compelling all the way through the season and that nowadays is enough, though I am not that excited for another season as I don't see anything clever coming our way.
    just finished it, was great, Ill even bump it to an A for taking on such an epic story and the actors were great. story got a bit repatative and a bit full of itself towards the end, but not much better on TV or movies these days.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

just finished it, was great, Ill even bump it to an A for taking on such an epic story and the actors were great. story got a bit repatative and a bit full of itself towards the end, but not much better on TV or movies these days.

yeah if we are grading on a scale here its a solid A.

Load Metric

season 2 is 10 eps... which is pretty short really. least of all considering that it likely wont air until *october of 2018*.

they juuuust started filming so zero chance they would have anything ready to air until spring/summer. problem is, hbo airs season finale of GoT in summer of 2018, and they like to finish strong in fall/winter with season premiers, so yeah it will probably be first week in october, 2018.

Comments

Tellafriend:

Load Metric
    Thandie I just can't quit you girl

Thread Information