Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: WESTWORLD

Load Metric
    and now i dont.

im tired of all the 'big reveals' and time travel and non-realities, its fucking exhausting and keeps me from actually caring about anything thats happening.

next week is the season finale, i need a lot fewer loose ends in front of me when its over.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    so, my working theory....

timeline:

deloris murders billy's friend.

albert rushes to the scene to talk her down, deloris kills him too.

billy bodies deloris.

in exchange for not suing / covering it up, billy asks for and receives some ownership stake and permission to basically live in the park, chasing the maze, and becomes the man in black.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    My V chip is supposed to block me from this shit. Just 8 minutes in and I already know each episode will take me like four hours to watch.

Gonna try again. It will be a miracle if I get through episode one.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    so, my working theory....

timeline:

deloris murders billy's friend.

albert rushes to the scene to talk her down, deloris kills him too.

billy bodies deloris.

in exchange for not suing / covering it up, billy asks for and receives some ownership stake and permission to basically live in the park, chasing the maze, and becomes the man in black.
    seems plausible. i would hope that Dr. Ford or the man in black would tell him the maze is just hosts becoming self aware and finding Arnold.

Load Metric

Go see the 1973 movie that this new HBO T.V. series is based on if you haven't already.

https://discoverwestworld.com

Load Metric
    there was actually a very quick background shot of the original MIB in cold storage like 3 weeks ago.

twas cute.

Load Metric
    Just watched this week's episode. So great and awful at the same time. There is clearly a time gap
    Here beteeen the stories. Esp Billy and that other guy he's with and the man in blacks story. They are likely the same people Billy = man in black. Billy invests and saves early park. His wife Knows he's a diff person And offs herself. He is just mad bc he can't have Delores. He goes back in park late in life to figure shit out as man in black.

And they have how many years of this written moving forward?

Load Metric
    And why if the board was stealing info out of park would ford send benard to kill the girl who found out about it?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

Seriously where the fuck can this possibly go.. I can barely see another season based on whats at bar. Are they just going to make season 3 Spaceworld? Romeworld?

Load Metric
    How do you guys watch this and complain about dumb things? I made it to the point in the first episode where the black boy asks Marilyn Manson's ex if she's real. This is the most depressing mindfuck show ever created and I watched Stepford Wives and Dollhouse. Neither were this sick. I actually didn't hate Dollhouse. I will eventually trudge through this but it won't be enjoyable. I will need some real good food a box of Kleenix and at least a fatty or two in my bed to hug on.

The only plot type thing that I keep thinking about is who in the factory is real and who are dolls themselves.

Comments

herbertstemple: If you like depressing, try "Welcome to the Dollhouse". Entertaining, but my god will it bring you down.

Load Metric
    I just got through episode 3. So if you haven't made it that far don't read on unless you plan to never watch, which would be your best move. I can't read comments here past page one so it will be interesting to read once I'm finished.

It's not enjoyable at all but I feel I have to watch. Did Evan Rachel Would just pause time and get unshot? SO there is time travel too? It wasn't enough without time travel? Holy Jesus I swear they locked sheboon pickens away in 09 for like 9 years to write this shit. This show has like all my nightmares now that time pauses are also part of it. It just seems unnecessary that it's part of it when it seemed they worked so hard to make a believable storyline where the same "person" could die thousands of times without time travel.

Every scene I watch at the the Doll Factory all I think about is who is the doll/robot. I hope it's not Anthony Hopkins because for some reason that would be lame to me. I'm not sure how they'd do that. Maybe like Hopkins original partner is still alive and secretly runs everything. I'd hate something like that... Chances are it's the black guy Bernard. There seemed to be more to the scene where Hopkins tells Bernard about his ex partner that died. Perhaps Bernard is the doll version of Hopkins original partner. Him talking to his wife on the phone makes it sure look like he's real but that could have easily been orchestrated by Hopkins along with the death of his son being a planted backstory.

I have no clue what Ed Harris is tring to accomplish. Apparently he pays more than 40k a day or just gets his extreme leeway due to being a regular. He even says that he doesn't plan on leaving this time. If he needs to know so bad where the maze goes or whatever it is he wants to know it seems like he could hang his seemingly unlimited bankroll over the head of Anthony Hopkins just to be told whatever it is he wants to know. So maybe it's more than that. In that one scene the lady teases that one hot shot programmer about being smart enough to realize there is a deeper motivation but not smart enough to realize what it is. Maybe Ed Harris is employed by these people to figure something out for them... or even more crazy... maybe Ed Harris is a robot. Just a super special invincible robot. It just makes like zero sense to me for a human that knows he's in a game to be that motivated to find answers. But like a somehow self aware robot looking for answers makes all the sense in the world.

The show is so dark when Hopkins goes for a walk with that little boy part of me feared lil boy rape. Thank god they don't have to put that shit in there. Is the boy supposed to be a robot version of his son on grandson maybe?

I hate watching a show that makes me want to murder ever single character except Even Rachel Wood and her love interest feller. I'm sorry but if you are going to make dolls that lifelike I'm going to pick them over you every single time. They are innocent. You are not.

Comments

Tellafriend: several astute observations
    Last edited by Brittney Griner's Clit; 11-30-2016 at 05:45 AM.

Load Metric
    Just watched this week's episode. So great and awful at the same time. There is clearly a time gap
    Here beteeen the stories. Esp Billy and that other guy he's with and the man in blacks story. They are likely the same people Billy = man in black. Billy invests and saves early park. His wife Knows he's a diff person And offs herself. He is just mad bc he can't have Delores. He goes back in park late in life to figure shit out as man in black.

that cant happen unless Dr. Ford is a robot himself since he met with the man in black. plus, the man in black met with the new black chick in charge too which is in the present not the past. there are other things but i dont feel like listing them

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post

that cant happen unless Dr. Ford is a robot himself since he met with the man in black. plus, the man in black met with the new black chick in charge too which is in the present not the past. there are other things but i dont feel like listing them
    wait ive had about 6 glasses of whiskey that didnt make sense.

Load Metric

the popular theory is that billy becomes the man in black, based off some experience hes about to have in the final episode. so all the billy narratives are in the past, and the ford-meets-mib sequences are more or less the present.

its already established that billy and his soon to be brother in law are both employed by an org who owns a tremendous amount of equity in the park, both billy and mib are obsessed with delores, so on, so forth.

Load Metric

wait ive had about 6 glasses of whiskey that didnt make sense.
    Dr. Ford - the older version has met with the MIB - the older version. So, sure it could happen. Think about it, you haven't seen the old Dr. Ford in any of the old flashbacks with the hosts nor have you seen him with Billy and his friend. They are different stories at different times; but the same park.

Load Metric

the popular theory is that billy becomes the man in black, based off some experience hes about to have in the final episode. so all the billy narratives are in the past, and the ford-meets-mib sequences are more or less the present.

its already established that billy and his soon to be brother in law are both employed by an org who owns a tremendous amount of equity in the park, both billy and mib are obsessed with delores, so on, so forth.
    ok, so, the issues with the park started because of the update to the software at the beginning of the story line. this update is what's causing Delores to remember and find her way to arnold right? so are they making it to where this has happened before.

Load Metric
    What I am wondering is why the MIB says he's not leaving the park this time. What the hell does he think he's going to do instead?

Load Metric

ok, so, the issues with the park started because of the update to the software at the beginning of the story line. this update is what's causing Delores to remember and find her way to arnold right? so are they making it to where this has happened before.
    Arnold is dead. I think.

Load Metric

Arnold is dead. I think.
    yea he is but delores went to the church and met him (memory and or programming for when she made it there) im assuming in the present, but now that im thinking about it her outfit changed and it went from present to past so this might have happened before

Load Metric

Arnold is dead. I think.
    yea he is but delores went to the church and met him (memory and or programming for when she made it there) im assuming in the present, but now that im thinking about it her outfit changed and it went from present to past so this might have happened before
    But now that I'm thinking about it more didn't Delores go to the church in the same clothes she was wearing when she was with Billy. Then she came out wearing the same clothes and immediately met the man in black or was it the blue outfit

Thread Information