Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: WESTWORLD

Load Metric
    when season 1 wraps, im going to go back and edit out 95% of all the scenes that dont take place in the park, and its going to be fucking amazing.

Comments

rum dick: this
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    shows good'ish, its not great.

its overhyped because between got blowing expectations through the roof and there is nothing and i mean nothing else to compete with it.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I definitely want to talk about black hat getting the ever loving shit kicked out of him, like how does that fit into this $40,000 a day experience?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    I definitely want to talk about black hat getting the ever loving shit kicked out of him, like how does that fit into this $40,000 a day experience?
    I'm curious why he enjoyed it.

Load Metric
    I thought it was clear from the repetitive narrative dialog that 'the farther you get out of town, the more dangerous it gets'. My assumption was that they were waaaaay out of town. That's why he got actually bludgeoned.

For me this ep really brought it back. Redeemed itself for the last 2 slogging entries. It gave me the miserable, uncomfortable feeling that something is going on beneath the surface and whatever it is, most likely cannot be dealt with in mortal terms. A lot of 'playing God' themes in this. I don't hate it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    I thought it was clear from the repetitive narrative dialog that 'the farther you get out of town, the more dangerous it gets'. My assumption was that they were waaaaay out of town. That's why he got actually bludgeoned.

For me this ep really brought it back. Redeemed itself for the last 2 slogging entries. It gave me the miserable, uncomfortable feeling that something is going on beneath the surface and whatever it is, most likely cannot be dealt with in mortal terms. A lot of 'playing God' themes in this. I don't hate it.

I think there's a difference between getting scuffed up and risking a shattered cheekbone/jaw at a minimum.

The one consistent dialog back on the base is 'the guests never get hurt' so what the fuck is going on here exactly.

Load Metric

I think there's a difference between getting scuffed up and risking a shattered cheekbone/jaw at a minimum.

The one consistent dialog back on the base is 'the guests never get hurt' so what the fuck is going on here exactly.

Guess i'm not reading that much into that plotline except its provision to get the blue dress to the center of the maze. Now that Hopkins shows up in the Saloon and stops time.. now that's something to ponder.

Load Metric

Guess i'm not reading that much into that plotline except its provision to get the blue dress to the center of the maze. Now that Hopkins shows up in the Saloon and stops time.. now that's something to ponder.

God when I try to somehow collapse all these tangents into one linear narrative, I get fucking vertigo, literally.

Load Metric

God when I try to somehow collapse all these tangents into one linear narrative, I get fucking vertigo, literally.
    Yeah but Thandie 2000's tits tho

Name:  01379258025d01aa81592834967b8dfb.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  129.2 KB

Comments

Kuntmissioner: Bill Bixby was god

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    half way through the first episode. shoulda went lighter on the edibles

Load Metric
    i feel like tonight was the first good episode.

and they still kinda managed to fuck it up.

still tho.

Load Metric
    I've recently binge watched the first 6 episodes. Thought it was great. Can't wait to see where this leads.

Load Metric
    Which is more compelling: Westworld or Boardwalk Empire?

Totally different shows, but both had me always wanting more, which is the point I think.

Load Metric
    i mean, up until last week, id say boardwalk. but after last weeks episode, this could go some realllllllly fucked up directions. its rough because of course boardwalk started strong and went to shit. westworld, honestly its showing a lot more potential. but obv its fantasy, boardwalk more or less actually happened. they cant have a secret robot supergod society infiltrate the world on boardwalk, for example.

Load Metric
    wow.....

Load Metric
    damn..

Load Metric
    season 2 signed.

probably wont air until 2018.

thanks trump.

Load Metric
    Tremendous. How deep does the rabbit hole go?

Load Metric
    fun fact: im actually really looking forward to tonights episode

Load Metric
    i legitimately love this show.

Thread Information