Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: WESTWORLD

Load Metric
    It's certainly got a shot to be the best looking TV show ever. This show must cost a bunch.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    I was watching the first episode on demand, but honestly had to cut it off as the nudity and prostitution proved too much for me.
    They are robots, so its not really nudity and prostitution.

Saw the first episode, will watch the second as soon as someone posts it somewhere. Looks like a lot of twists and turns so have to pay attention.

Westworld was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid so I hope they don't fuck this up.

Load Metric
    I fell asleep 2x and didn't watch does anyone have a link for first episode please?

Load Metric
    Good stuff, well acted, well photographed.. but it feels a bit unfocused. A bit all over the place. And all the disparate elements are competing for attention and not getting enough because the stage isnt quite big enough for them all.

I think HBO might start airing 90 minute to 2 hour eps of new shows in the near future. Just from an artistic standpoint, it really does make sense.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    good stuff well acted when Sonatine looks in the mirror its called breastworld

Load Metric
    Right that does it.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    kid you know what it is

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Good stuff, well acted, well photographed.. but it feels a bit unfocused. A bit all over the place. And all the disparate elements are competing for attention and not getting enough because the stage isnt quite big enough for them all.

I think HBO might start airing 90 minute to 2 hour eps of new shows in the near future. Just from an artistic standpoint, it really does make sense.
    Got the feeling the show was rambling while watching the second show. Guess it will take a few episodes for the robots to become sentient and take over the world.

The old data isn't being completely wiped. Where have we heard that before? Really curious about the Ed Harris story line.

Evan Rachel Wood is one good looking bitch.

WOW, only has a 7.6 rating on IMDB. That's low for a show like this.
    Last edited by herbertstemple; 10-10-2016 at 09:38 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post

Got the feeling the show was rambling while watching the second show. Guess it will take a few episodes for the robots to become sentient and take over the world.

The old data isn't being completely wiped. Where have we heard that before? Really curious about the Ed Harris story line.

Evan Rachel Wood is one good looking bitch.

WOW, only has a 7.6 rating on IMDB. That's low for a show like this.

I think that score is appropriate. As a writing exercise, I sat down and made a list; one sentence about every plot line we were presented with in the first 90 minutes of the show. Strictly speaking, its a fucking mess.

Albeit a gorgeously filmed mess.

If they cant converge some of these plot lines in the next episode or two, we might not see season 2. HBO is getting real serious about nipping bad ideas in the bud since Luck-gate.

Load Metric
    To be fair Luck was a good show. Not good enough to withstand a PR hit for sending enough horses to the glue factory to supply my kids elementary school, but good none the less.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    To be fair Luck was a good show. Not good enough to withstand a PR hit for sending enough horses to the glue factory to supply my kids elementary school, but good none the less.

was it tho...?

because i remember constantly being embarrassed for dustin hoffman.

i liked the gambling scenes and the poker scenes and the long-term-LA-hotel-life scenes, i thought those were pretty much pitch perfect, but every scene with dustin hoffman just left me feeling like he doing an entirely different show than everyone else.
    Last edited by sonatine; 10-10-2016 at 08:20 PM.

Load Metric
    did somebody say breastworld and summon you

Load Metric
    literally a show about tines gigantic titties possibly ep'd by ronathan nolan

Load Metric

I think that score is appropriate. As a writing exercise, I sat down and made a list; one sentence about every plot line we were presented with in the first 90 minutes of the show. Strictly speaking, its a fucking mess.
    pls share said writing exercise

Load Metric
    - man in black wants maze
    - robots are remembering things, are not to be trusted
    - robots are infecting each other with some verbal meme
    - lechter is able to push updates to the robots with absolutely no peer review, and updates are flawed
    - giant corporation has competing departments
    - basquiat is messing with the robots
    - a guest is definitely going to get fucked up based on the assertion that guests cant get fucked up
    - multiple time lines may or may not be happening at once (hacker from house of cards is man in black 30 years ago?)
    - drake and rihanna split up again

thats literally all the plates this show keeps spinning in the air as of 90 minutes of airtime.

also yes i know that drake & rihanna arent on the show (YET) but its still important.

Comments

WillieMcFML: hopefully the 1st episode wasn't the high water mark

Load Metric
    young titty meat can you calm down please

Load Metric
    - man in black wants maze
    - robots are remembering things, are not to be trusted
    - robots are infecting each other with some verbal meme
    - lechter is able to push updates to the robots with absolutely no peer review, and updates are flawed
    - giant corporation has competing departments
    - basquiat is messing with the robots
    - a guest is definitely going to get fucked up based on the assertion that guests cant get fucked up
    - multiple time lines may or may not be happening at once (hacker from house of cards is man in black 30 years ago?)
    - drake and rihanna split up again

thats literally all the plates this show keeps spinning in the air as of 90 minutes of airtime.

also yes i know that drake & rihanna arent on the show (YET) but its still important.
    you left out the oracle's little protege who made the sunrise for neo

Comments

sonatine: 10 points gryffendor

Load Metric
    ....also, wouldn't hooker robots built for sex have gigantic out of proportion size tits? Maybe not knee knockers, but still big, big tits. These guys didn't think of every thing.

Load Metric
    ....also, wouldn't hooker robots built for sex have gigantic out of proportion size tits? Maybe not knee knockers, but still big, big tits. These guys didn't think of every thing.
    Right now, people from western countries fly half way around the world to have sex with prostitutes. They don't have to fly half way around the world to get ones with big titties.

Load Metric
    Ok so I watched the first 2 back to back. Glad I waited to watch it that way because it just left me hanging too much after the first one. Really hoping by the 4th ep that they get cohesive with the Disneyworld of storylines and sorting out who the fuck all the players are.

• Nods to Sir Hopkins for his best Eldon Tyrell impersonation. Joe Turkell would be proud.
    • So the British kid on the cliff was Anthony Hopkins' bot of himself as a kid?
    • I like how the staff is fucking on the down low, because they always are irl.
    • Opening montage is god.
    • Ed Harris for lifetime Emmy Award.
    • If anyone approaches you at a casting and says you'd be perfect as a background extra for Westworld, turn it the fuck down. Looks great on paper but they really seem to be putting the background scenery through the meat grinder.
    • Thandie Newton gets special praise for showing great chops when the director told her to do the scene again, 'with 20% more aggro this time'. (i'm guessing)
    • Evan Rachel Wood should be cast in bronze.
    • My favorite scene was Michael Wincott as Old Bill. The stutter movements were just soooo good.

Name:  oldbill1-700x525.jpg
Views: 1035
Size:  44.0 KB
    More on the FX of Old Bill: https://www.inverse.com/article/2163...eyond-a-glitch

Anyway, looking forward to this being a one season deal because it's way too much for the average joe. I don't think people are ready to answer these questions in their own minds yet.

Last edited by 4Dragons; 10-15-2016 at 01:34 PM. Reason: formatting and links, for the great unwashed

Thread Information