Thread: O.J.: Made in America

Platinum
    Load Metric

O.J.: Made in America

I saw on Reddit like everyone else that ESPN was streaming some new O.J. documentary for free. My first thought was who the fuck wants to go back and rehash that shit show. But i kept seeing all these great reviews and it's free so I went in for a peek.

I see it's a 5 part series w/ each part being over an hour long, wtf. We all know how this story ends and everything's been covered a million times. I figured I would maybe make it thru part 1 and move on.

I Just finished watching the fifth and final part. Two thumbs up! Brilliant! Masterpiece! Well done! You should go check it out.

Comments

Kuntmissioner: Agreed, it's excellent
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 06-20-2016 at 06:11 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    How did I miss this. One of OJ's lawyers was pissed off at the verdict, wtf.

Ok so OJ's found not guilty and released. His team of lawyers meet up with OJ's at his home to have a celebration drink. Robert Shapiro doesn't show up. As they are having their drink they see Shapiro pop up in a TV interview. He calls out Cochrane for "not only playing the race card but dealing it from the bottom of the deck." He also says he will never talk to fellow OJ lawyer F.Lee Bailey for as long as he lives. Just wow.

Final thoughts

Marcia Clark is a really good prosecutor, really good. She made all the right calls. She knew OJ was probably going to be found not guilty. Somehow she's better looking today than she was back then. Darden's glove antics and Fuhrmen's racism may of fucked up the case but i think it didn't matter. Not guilty was payback for Rodney King.

Fred Goldman and his family have been thru hell and back. Fred's such a fighter, respect.

Fellow PFA members know from the Micon deal that Nevada's criminal justice system is a bit suspect. OJ got played so fucking hard on that memorabilia heist. There was no personal things of OJ's, it was a bunch of shit. That judge that sentenced him to 30+ years waited til the day of the anniversary of the not guilty verdict. It was justice but it was also weird. There's no doubt anyone else would of got max 2 years, it's just weird.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 06-20-2016 at 11:51 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    I saw on Reddit like everyone else that ESPN was streaming some new O.J. documentary for free. My first thought was who the fuck wants to go back and rehash that shit show. But i kept seeing all these great reviews and it's free so I went in for a peek.

I see it's a 5 part series w/ each part being over an hour long, wtf. We all know how this story ends and everything's been covered a million times. I figured I would maybe make it thru part 1 and move on.

I Just finished watching the fifth and final part. Two thumbs up! Brilliant! Masterpiece! Well done! You should go check it out.
    I made the decision last night to back pocket this and binge watch. Not sure where it's at in the series.

Your post sums up what people are telling me.

The beautiful irony is you have to come from a place where, like you, you say, "not this shit again". Then you are hammered repeatedly with the GTFO stuff delivered by this piece.

This was THE most covered story ever. Yet, "How did I not know this?"

This is the one film that HAS to be marketed word of mouth. I saw the ad on tv. Dismissed it. There is no way to convince people to watch except word of mouth.

It's also true that there is a generation that was born after the trial. The power of ESPN's story will be lost on them. It will only be a curiousity for those kids.

I hear this piece is a great touchstone for our justice system. Both the prosecution and defense knew OJ was getting off. The jury was gonna stick it to LA, no matter what. This warms my heart.

Druff would benefit from a little history. ESPN can review the Micon trial too.

I'm down for this like the Bourne Movie. That's saying a lot.

Comments

Prodigal son: Sounds good

Load Metric
    it was fine and then they show you pictures of nicole and goldmans throats just ripped open and you see how dumb the jurors are and then the final hour is just how lol oj is in vegas and then -fin

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    it was fine and then they show you pictures of nicole and goldmans throats just ripped open and you see how dumb the jurors are and then the final hour is just how lol oj is in vegas and then -fin
    Yeah, I hear the Nicole stuff is some of the most gruesome stuff put on tv. But not gratuitous. It was a necessary reminder what this was about. It was easy to get sidetracked by the circus.

Comments

Prodigal son:

Load Metric
    the la jurors are hilarious though enjoy that especially the old black one

Load Metric
    Were the jurors portrayed as dumb or politically motivated?

I mean it's LA, so we expect the left side of the IQ bell curve

Comments

Prodigal son:

Load Metric
    also this should force everyone to rewatch the sopranos finale made in america cuz its still great and the episode before it is great

Load Metric
    lol they are just like what a cartoon character of what a retarded black juror would be and then you realize its real life

Load Metric
    ojs run against ucla though is a thing of god damn beauty to behold

Load Metric
    Oj and his agent staging papparazi photos and selling them for $150k was really something shadyJ couldve gotten behind.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

think a little of both...

the old lady juror said that the not guilty verdict was 'payback for Rodney king'...I was fucking floored by that statement...you could have put the GOAT prosecutor on that case and I still think he/she would be an underdog to win it with that juror pool...

the Nicole pictures from the murder...just wow...

agree with FPS, well done A+, must watch shit...if you are afraid of it being 'aaaaaaaaw not this shit again', it's really not...

Load Metric
    Also apparently he may be the father of khloe kardashian?

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    ojs run against ucla though is a thing of god damn beauty to behold

Just in case any of you were wondering, yes, gay sex is 60 years old.

Load Metric
    honestly yes this is a terrible website but you deserve better posters than late stage cuck rum dick and were sorry hes even here pfa

Load Metric
    Old man gay sex railing about the good old days when posters used to be good and his cats actually liked him.

Load Metric
    my 19 cats are super huge fans of me people literally ignore everything young cuck life says in regards to my cats

Load Metric
    Just admit the only reason your retarded cats even acknowledge your existence is because you bribe them with treats and they're bored senseless from being trapped in a tiny condo with moldy carpet.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

think a little of both...

the old lady juror said that the not guilty verdict was 'payback for Rodney king'...I was fucking floored by that statement...you could have put the GOAT prosecutor on that case and I still think he/she would be an underdog to win it with that juror pool...

the Nicole pictures from the murder...just wow...

agree with FPS, well done A+, must watch shit...if you are afraid of it being 'aaaaaaaaw not this shit again', it's really not...

Obama is right, race still is a big problem in this country. Just not always from his vantage.
    Our hegemony is waning and won't return.

Thread Information