Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Chekhov from new Star Trek DD in freak accident

  1. #1

    Chekhov from new Star Trek DD in freak accident

    ‘Star Trek’ Actor Anton Yelchin Dies at 27

    https://www.yahoo.com/movies/star-tr...181121087.html

    Anton Yelchin, known for roles in “Star Trek” and “Alpha Dog,” died early Sunday morning in a freak accident, a spokeswoman confirmed to Variety. He was 27.

    “Actor Anton Yelchin was killed in a fatal traffic collision early this morning,” said a statement from his representative. “His family requests you respect their privacy at this time.”

    The LAPD said he was pinned by his own car at his Studio City home. Friends apparently became concerned when Yelchin did not show up for a band performance. They found him at his home pinned between his car and a brick mailbox pillar.

    “It appears he had exited his car and was behind it when the vehicle rolled down a steep driveway,” the LAPD said in a statement.

    Police reportedly told TMZ that the engine was still running when he was found, and that his car was in neutral. It’s not clear why he got out of his car with the engine running.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    424
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,035
    "freak accident"

    I'm guessing he pissed someone off back in the motherland.

  4. #4
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -9
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    8,106
    The Holiday Inn Express-lawyer in me wonders whether any part of the following is true:

    1) Since he was killed by his car when he was operating it carelessly, his estate can sue to collect damages under his auto insurance policy's liability coverage.

    2) Because his death is due to an accident that occurred on his residential property, his estate can sue to collect damages under his homeowner's/renter's insurance policy.

    Actual lawyers, please chime in. (TIA)
    _____________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    We have a horrible choice between a super-shady, self-serving, lying criminal (Hillary Clinton) and an emotionally-unbalanced, shoot-from-the-hip authoritarian who lacks the intellectual curiosity to even want to learn the complexities that come with running a major nation like the US (Donald Trump).

  5. #5
    Platinum ftpjesus's Avatar
    Reputation
    344
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    2,622
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    The Holiday Inn Express-lawyer in me wonders whether any part of the following is true:

    1) Since he was killed by his car when he was operating it carelessly, his estate can sue to collect damages under his auto insurance policy's liability coverage.

    2) Because his death is due to an accident that occurred on his residential property, his estate can sue to collect damages under his homeowner's/renter's insurance policy.

    Actual lawyers, please chime in. (TIA)
    Paging. Alvin Finkelstein.. Paging Alvin Finkelstein..

    I'm gonna take a small stab at this.. I doubt #1 is true.. Normally liability insurance with cars covers you for injuries you inflict upon others.. The normal only time you can collect for your own injuries on your own insurance is under the underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage you have (in most cases you should have it unless your insanely rich as state minimums don't cover shit for the most part)

    #2 on the other hand may very well be true but again it depends on how the policy is written. Again normally your insurance protects you against liability for injuries against others. My folks had to settle a claim decades ago when stupid ass real estate agent broke his ankle in our backyard when it was for sale.. Id say its more likely if he owned the house homeowners might cover it because I don't know of any case where renters insurance covers anything beyond your own items inside the house if damaged destroyed by fire/act of God/ etc and the added personal liability protection if somebody is injured while they are visiting you and not an actual resident.

  6. #6
    fright night was a secretly good/great movie

  7. #7
    Platinum ftpjesus's Avatar
    Reputation
    344
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    2,622
    Quote Originally Posted by madmanmike View Post
    ‘Star Trek’ Actor Anton Yelchin Dies at 27

    https://www.yahoo.com/movies/star-tr...181121087.html

    Anton Yelchin, known for roles in “Star Trek” and “Alpha Dog,” died early Sunday morning in a freak accident, a spokeswoman confirmed to Variety. He was 27.

    “Actor Anton Yelchin was killed in a fatal traffic collision early this morning,” said a statement from his representative. “His family requests you respect their privacy at this time.”

    The LAPD said he was pinned by his own car at his Studio City home. Friends apparently became concerned when Yelchin did not show up for a band performance. They found him at his home pinned between his car and a brick mailbox pillar.

    “It appears he had exited his car and was behind it when the vehicle rolled down a steep driveway,” the LAPD said in a statement.

    Police reportedly told TMZ that the engine was still running when he was found, and that his car was in neutral. It’s not clear why he got out of his car with the engine running.
    Have to ask the serious question. Was he wearing a red shirt because we all know the Star Trek guy wearing the red shirt dies somehow..

     
    Comments
      
      4Dragons: totes

  8. #8
    Photoballer 4Dragons's Avatar
    Reputation
    2686
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    10,648
    Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  13.2 KB
    SEND HIM BACK TO RUSSIA

     
    Comments
      
      lol wow: rofl wowwwwww
      
      Indyrick: get on your bike russian

  9. #9







    Star Trek crew who wear redshirts are always first to die.

    R.I.P. Chekhov

     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: I'm an idiot! Took me awhile to figure out the color was photoshopped!

  10. #10
    NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Reputation
    1173
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,344
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    The Holiday Inn Express-lawyer in me wonders whether any part of the following is true:

    1) Since he was killed by his car when he was operating it carelessly, his estate can sue to collect damages under his auto insurance policy's liability coverage.

    2) Because his death is due to an accident that occurred on his residential property, his estate can sue to collect damages under his homeowner's/renter's insurance policy.

    Actual lawyers, please chime in. (TIA)
    I know your American, but you can't sue anyone if you leave your parking brake off and your own car mows you down.
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    "So, yeah. I'm definitely a total fucking retard".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hunt
    NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    The Holiday Inn Express-lawyer in me wonders whether any part of the following is true:

    1) Since he was killed by his car when he was operating it carelessly, his estate can sue to collect damages under his auto insurance policy's liability coverage.

    2) Because his death is due to an accident that occurred on his residential property, his estate can sue to collect damages under his homeowner's/renter's insurance policy.

    Actual lawyers, please chime in. (TIA)
    I know your American, but you can't sue anyone if you leave your parking brake off and your own car mows you down.
    But google told him you can!!

     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: I don't red rep this worn out snipe because you're young and don't know better.

  12. #12
    Walking Image Library
    Reputation
    386
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,627
    His car might have been part of a recall of cars that looked like you had it in park when it wasn't. Lots have people have been injured or run over by the recalled cars, but he is the first person to die.

    Big money to his family if this was the cause of his death.

     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: :this

  13. #13
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -9
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    8,106
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

    I know your American, but you can't sue anyone if you leave your parking brake off and your own car mows you down.
    But google told him you can!!
    To Belly Buster: Unlike in the UK, it is pretty easy to start a lawsuit that is almost surely bogus. Aaaaand, in front of the tort-plaintiff-friendly judge, it is possible that a sympathetic jury might find the "evil, deep-pocketed insurance company" has to pony up damages. But I am also guessing that one of the higher courts would throw out a jury trial judgement for the plaintiff given the likelihood of precedent set in related court cases in other jurisdiction.

    But before that final outcome came about, it is possible that the insurancd company might settle to avoid the publicity of being stingy to the beloved "Chekhov"'s fam.

    To handicapme: Didn't google squat about this matter, assmunch. Besides teaching a college-level course in financial risk management, I also taught one in insurance to biz undergrads. And for awhile I dated a law school student who told me of ridic tort lawsuits she learned about in school. And I was reading about crazy lawsuits in the US in various business periodicals, and their impact on American business practices, long before you were a twinkle in your Daddy's eye.
    _____________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    We have a horrible choice between a super-shady, self-serving, lying criminal (Hillary Clinton) and an emotionally-unbalanced, shoot-from-the-hip authoritarian who lacks the intellectual curiosity to even want to learn the complexities that come with running a major nation like the US (Donald Trump).

  14. #14
    Jeeps are horrible, horrible cars. They were the first car to get hacked and it looks now like they are the first car to run someone over automagically.

    GG Dodge

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-15-2016, 04:52 PM
  2. What do you buy you unbalanced freak of a son for his 21st birthday?
    By Lord of the Fraud in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 07-04-2015, 09:19 AM
  3. Lemme Freak
    By BeerAndPoker in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-23-2014, 12:27 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 04:11 PM
  5. Freak show at Ballys
    By Matt The Rat in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-21-2012, 11:27 AM