Thread: Chekhov from new Star Trek DD in freak accident

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Chekhov from new Star Trek DD in freak accident

‘Star Trek’ Actor Anton Yelchin Dies at 27

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/star-tr...181121087.html

Anton Yelchin, known for roles in “Star Trek” and “Alpha Dog,” died early Sunday morning in a freak accident, a spokeswoman confirmed to Variety. He was 27.

“Actor Anton Yelchin was killed in a fatal traffic collision early this morning,” said a statement from his representative. “His family requests you respect their privacy at this time.”

The LAPD said he was pinned by his own car at his Studio City home. Friends apparently became concerned when Yelchin did not show up for a band performance. They found him at his home pinned between his car and a brick mailbox pillar.

“It appears he had exited his car and was behind it when the vehicle rolled down a steep driveway,” the LAPD said in a statement.

Police reportedly told TMZ that the engine was still running when he was found, and that his car was in neutral. It’s not clear why he got out of his car with the engine running.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    "freak accident"

I'm guessing he pissed someone off back in the motherland.

Load Metric
    The Holiday Inn Express-lawyer in me wonders whether any part of the following is true:

1) Since he was killed by his car when he was operating it carelessly, his estate can sue to collect damages under his auto insurance policy's liability coverage.

2) Because his death is due to an accident that occurred on his residential property, his estate can sue to collect damages under his homeowner's/renter's insurance policy.

Actual lawyers, please chime in. (TIA)
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    The Holiday Inn Express-lawyer in me wonders whether any part of the following is true:

1) Since he was killed by his car when he was operating it carelessly, his estate can sue to collect damages under his auto insurance policy's liability coverage.

2) Because his death is due to an accident that occurred on his residential property, his estate can sue to collect damages under his homeowner's/renter's insurance policy.

Paging. Alvin Finkelstein.. Paging Alvin Finkelstein..

I'm gonna take a small stab at this.. I doubt #1 is true.. Normally liability insurance with cars covers you for injuries you inflict upon others.. The normal only time you can collect for your own injuries on your own insurance is under the underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage you have (in most cases you should have it unless your insanely rich as state minimums don't cover shit for the most part)

#2 on the other hand may very well be true but again it depends on how the policy is written. Again normally your insurance protects you against liability for injuries against others. My folks had to settle a claim decades ago when stupid ass real estate agent broke his ankle in our backyard when it was for sale.. Id say its more likely if he owned the house homeowners might cover it because I don't know of any case where renters insurance covers anything beyond your own items inside the house if damaged destroyed by fire/act of God/ etc and the added personal liability protection if somebody is injured while they are visiting you and not an actual resident.

Load Metric
    fright night was a secretly good/great movie

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by madmanmike View Post
    ‘Star Trek’ Actor Anton Yelchin Dies at 27

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/star-tr...181121087.html

Anton Yelchin, known for roles in “Star Trek” and “Alpha Dog,” died early Sunday morning in a freak accident, a spokeswoman confirmed to Variety. He was 27.

“Actor Anton Yelchin was killed in a fatal traffic collision early this morning,” said a statement from his representative. “His family requests you respect their privacy at this time.”

The LAPD said he was pinned by his own car at his Studio City home. Friends apparently became concerned when Yelchin did not show up for a band performance. They found him at his home pinned between his car and a brick mailbox pillar.

“It appears he had exited his car and was behind it when the vehicle rolled down a steep driveway,” the LAPD said in a statement.

Police reportedly told TMZ that the engine was still running when he was found, and that his car was in neutral. It’s not clear why he got out of his car with the engine running.
    Have to ask the serious question. Was he wearing a red shirt because we all know the Star Trek guy wearing the red shirt dies somehow..

Comments

4Dragons: totes

Load Metric
    Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  13.2 KB
    SEND HIM BACK TO RUSSIA

Comments

lol wow: rofl wowwwwww

Indyrick: get on your bike russian

Load Metric

Star Trek crew who wear redshirts are always first to die.

R.I.P. Chekhov

Comments

MumblesBadly: I'm an idiot! Took me awhile to figure out the color was photoshopped!

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric

I know your American, but you can't sue anyone if you leave your parking brake off and your own car mows you down.
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

I know your American, but you can't sue anyone if you leave your parking brake off and your own car mows you down.
    But google told him you can!!

Comments

MumblesBadly: I don't red rep this worn out snipe because you're young and don't know better.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    His car might have been part of a recall of cars that looked like you had it in park when it wasn't. Lots have people have been injured or run over by the recalled cars, but he is the first person to die.

Big money to his family if this was the cause of his death.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

But google told him you can!!
    To Belly Buster: Unlike in the UK, it is pretty easy to start a lawsuit that is almost surely bogus. Aaaaand, in front of the tort-plaintiff-friendly judge, it is possible that a sympathetic jury might find the "evil, deep-pocketed insurance company" has to pony up damages. But I am also guessing that one of the higher courts would throw out a jury trial judgement for the plaintiff given the likelihood of precedent set in related court cases in other jurisdiction.

But before that final outcome came about, it is possible that the insurancd company might settle to avoid the publicity of being stingy to the beloved "Chekhov"'s fam.

To handicapme: Didn't google squat about this matter, assmunch. Besides teaching a college-level course in financial risk management, I also taught one in insurance to biz undergrads. And for awhile I dated a law school student who told me of ridic tort lawsuits she learned about in school. And I was reading about crazy lawsuits in the US in various business periodicals, and their impact on American business practices, long before you were a twinkle in your Daddy's eye.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Jeeps are horrible, horrible cars. They were the first car to get hacked and it looks now like they are the first car to run someone over automagically.

GG Dodge

Thread Information