Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ***Official 2016 WSOP Thread***

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Binklage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Who gives a shit about this bitch? Are people just going to call out Howard so they get some recognition?
    She's a MS/HSNL cash pro who had 6-figs tied up for ages after Black Friday. She's not just confronting Howard for the attention, she legitimately resents his presence at her table in the main event (and justifiably so).
    never heard of her before today, and I have been mocked for being a poker nerd. She should just shut her yap. Howard is well within his rights to be there and play.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Binklage View Post

She's a MS/HSNL cash pro who had 6-figs tied up for ages after Black Friday. She's not just confronting Howard for the attention, she legitimately resents his presence at her table in the main event (and justifiably so).
    never heard of her before today, and I have been mocked for being a poker nerd. She should just shut her yap. Howard is well within his rights to be there and play.

sure he has the right to play there. but the players who were affected by this theft (because that's what it was, THEFT) have the right, and the duty, to shame this motherfucker until there's no tomorrow. He's getting off lucky. Because people should be throwing rotten vegetables at him.

and just because "a poker nerd" hasn't heard of her doesn't mean she shouldn't be doing what she's doing.

I bet, if you had 6 figures taken from you, and you saw the guy who was responsible, and that guy got ZERO jailtime, and is still a free man, you'd be shouting from the rooftops about it.

Howard Lederer is a fucking piece of dog shit. And as such, should be treated that way. Doesn't matter where he goes, even if he's in the buffet line, people should be shaming him for everything he's done to the poker world. He left a nice wake of destruction in his path to riches. And for that, he should be publicly shamed at all chances.

the fall out should be so bad from this (i'm surprised it isn't) that he should be living in Siberia.

all in all, Fuck howard Lederer, and fuck you Chappy for defending him just now.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

sure he has the right to play there. but the players who were affected by this theft (because that's what it was, THEFT) have the right, and the duty, to shame this motherfucker until there's no tomorrow. He's getting off lucky. Because people should be throwing rotten vegetables at him.

and just because "a poker nerd" hasn't heard of her doesn't mean she shouldn't be doing what she's doing.

I bet, if you had 6 figures taken from you, and you saw the guy who was responsible, and that guy got ZERO jailtime, and is still a free man, you'd be shouting from the rooftops about it.

Howard Lederer is a fucking piece of dog shit. And as such, should be treated that way. Doesn't matter where he goes, even if he's in the buffet line, people should be shaming him for everything he's done to the poker world. He left a nice wake of destruction in his path to riches. And for that, he should be publicly shamed at all chances.

the fall out should be so bad from this (i'm surprised it isn't) that he should be living in Siberia.

all in all, Fuck howard Lederer, and fuck you Chappy for defending him just now.
    Oh so they have the right to harass him eh? Not just that but you think he should be subjected to assault as well?

Don't call me Chappy.....it exposes the fact that you are a dupe and you had done a decent job hiding that fact until now.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Load Metric
    Lol chaps v Larry WHOS POORER

Diamond
    Load Metric
    HOWARD & CHRIS GET TOO MUCH OF A HARD TIME FROM A BUNCH OF LOSERS WHO HAVE NO OTHER SKILLS IN LIFE OTHER THAN TRYING TO FLEECE DONKEYS OF THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY.

Ppl that have other things to contribute to society moved on.

Anybody that gives these guys a hard time likely has questionable moral character

its not their fault the govt screwed us all, just bad timing for them.

Comments

big dick: more of a retard than I thought

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    HOWARD & CHRIS GET TOO MUCH OF A HARD TIME FROM A BUNCH OF LOSERS WHO HAVE NO OTHER SKILLS IN LIFE OTHER THAN TRYING TO FLEECE DONKEYS OF THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY.

Anybody that gives these guys a hard time likely has questionable moral character

It's not their fault that the timing of their fraud was bad?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Come on, you don't really believe this, right?

The government's intervention on April 15, 2011 did not affect the money that was already stolen by Full Tilt. The government simply put a halt to the scam (though they didn't realize it was a scam at the time of the bust!)

On 4/15/11, Full Tilt was broke, and they had stolen all of our $300 million that they were supposed to be holding for us.

That's why everyone is so pissed, and rightfully so.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is my writeup for my WSOP Main Event Day 1.

Disappointing, but still alive, and an apparently good table draw for Day 2: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...l=1#post562464

Comments

jacosta24: gl

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The government's intervention on April 15, 2011 did not affect the money that was already stolen by Full Tilt. The government simply put a halt to the scam (though they didn't realize it was a scam at the time of the bust!)

On 4/15/11, Full Tilt was broke, and they had stolen all of our $300 million that they were supposed to be holding for us.

Hmmm guess I forgot about that...I'm just tired of hearing "professional" players who should pursue other careers say Howard & Chris ruined their life

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    I am idiot. Who cares.

Lol Wow vs Corky from Life Goes On, who has the more severe case of downs syndrome?

Comments

big dick: lol wow for sure

Load Metric
    Hey chaps great story

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Hmmm guess I forgot about that...I'm just tired of hearing "professional" players who should pursue other careers say Howard & Chris ruined their life
    Some of these pros were indeed stupid in that they had a 250k life roll and 230k of it was on Full Tilt.

I used to repeatedly warn everyone not to do things like that, as even the most "stable" sites were still operating illegally and without regulation, so your money was not as safe as it appeared.

However, I'm still in the camp to where you don't blame a victim of a theft just because they acted stupidly with their money.

For example, if you left $20,000 sitting on the passenger seat of your parked car, and came back to find the window smashed and the $20k gone, I would be the first person to say that you were an idiot. However, the guy who stole it is still a scumbag thief and still deserves to be punished for his crime. And you still have the right to be pissed at him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post

i'll admit that my life roll is being depleted by my ever so awesome jew lawyer.

but i haven't had to sell my A4 yet, so i guess i got that going for me.

Comments

Tellafriend: jew lawyer rep
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Diamond
    Load Metric

Some of these pros were indeed stupid in that they had a 250k life roll and 230k of it was on Full Tilt.

I used to repeatedly warn everyone not to do things like that, as even the most "stable" sites were still operating illegally and without regulation, so your money was not as safe as it appeared.

However, I'm still in the camp to where you don't blame a victim of a theft just because they acted stupidly with their money.

For example, if you left $20,000 sitting on the passenger seat of your parked car, and came back to find the window smashed and the $20k gone, I would be the first person to say that you were an idiot. However, the guy who stole it is still a scumbag thief and still deserves to be punished for his crime. And you still have the right to be pissed at him.

Howard & Chris were just a cpl poker players riding the gravy train right and had no reason to believe the gravy train was bout to stop?? So if the government doesn't shut down the sites, nobody woulda been the wiser? Coulda happened to anybody, I blame the guy whos shady enough to lie about health issues (bitar)

the reason why howard & chris showed up this year is they probly felt like they never really did anything wrong and just got unlucky for the most part

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Howard & Chris were just a cpl poker players riding the gravy train right and had no reason to believe the gravy train was bout to stop?? So if the government doesn't shut down the sites, nobody woulda been the wiser? Coulda happened to anybody, I blame the guy whos shady enough to lie about health issues (bitar)

the reason why howard & chris showed up this year is they probly felt like they never really did anything wrong and just got unlucky for the most part
    They weren't just riding a gravy train.

Howard and Chris were two of four board members who approved of stealing the player money in order to keep the company afloat.

Even more offensive, Full Tilt was still giving out profit distributions to owners (despite there no longer being profit) while they were stealing player money.

If the government didn't bust them in April 2011, the scam would have just continued longer, and would have been for even more money.

They only cared about having enough player funds to process expected cashouts, rather than having all player money on hand.

No matter which way you try to spin it, it's clear that Howard and Chris were stealing player money, which was not theirs to touch.

You're correct that neither believe they did anything wrong. They have talked themselves into believing that they were simply borrowing from player funds after various unexpected things occurred which depleted Full Tilt's operating funds. They figured that their choice was to either "borrow" this money or shut the site down, so they chose to "borrow" it, and then things just didn't go as planned.

But that's bullshit. You can't give yourself loans by stealing from other people (even if you think you intend to repay). If you have depleted company funds, you need to either sell the company or get investments/loans from third parties in order to keep operating. Stealing other people's money is never an option.

The problem is that Howard and Chris saw player money as "theirs" just because they were holding it for us.

Sidedish, let's say you were staying in my room during WSOP. Let's say that I chunked off my life savings during that time, and needed $10k to enter the Main. Rather than seeking a stake to get in, I simply open up the room safe and steal your $10k, figuring that I will give you that $10k back if I end up cashing.

Would you be cool with that?

Diamond
    Load Metric

Howard and Chris were two of four board members who approved of stealing the player money in order to keep the company afloat.

Even more offensive, Full Tilt was still giving out profit distributions to owners (despite there no longer being profit) while they were stealing player money.

If the government didn't bust them in April 2011, the scam would have just continued longer, and would have been for even more money.

They only cared about having enough player funds to process expected cashouts, rather than having all player money on hand.

No matter which way you try to spin it, it's clear that Howard and Chris were stealing player money, which was not theirs to touch.

You're correct that neither believe they did anything wrong. They have talked themselves into believing that they were simply borrowing from player funds after various unexpected things occurred which depleted Full Tilt's operating funds. They figured that their choice was to either "borrow" this money or shut the site down, so they chose to "borrow" it, and then things just didn't go as planned.

But that's bullshit. You can't give yourself loans by stealing from other people (even if you think you intend to repay). If you have depleted company funds, you need to either sell the company or get investments/loans from third parties in order to keep operating. Stealing other people's money is never an option.

The problem is that Howard and Chris saw player money as "theirs" just because they were holding it for us.

Sidedish, let's say you were staying in my room during WSOP. Let's say that I chunked off my life savings during that time, and needed $10k to enter the Main. Rather than seeking a stake to get in, I simply open up the room safe and steal your $10k, figuring that I will give you that $10k back if I end up cashing.

NO I WOULD KILL U, BUT THANKS FOR THE OFFER, ROOMS ARE TERRIBLE DURING THE COLLOSUS WKND

but I'm saying if the govt didn't screw us, it may have worked out for everybody with nobody the wiser

Howard & Chris were negligent in not covering their ass but their plan may have been to make sure all was right until the government screwed them with a bs ban. I mean really, do either of the 2 have a long history of doing scummy things? Sometimes a guy can make an honest mistake and get unlucky. Were talking about guys who have been doing nothing but play poker for a cpl decades and all of a sudden they are in charge of a large company? They probly got talked into it by that shithead bitar who was supposed to be the expert

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

NO I WOULD KILL U, BUT THANKS FOR THE OFFER, ROOMS ARE TERRIBLE DURING THE COLLOSUS WKND

but I'm saying if the govt didn't screw us, it may have worked out for everybody with nobody the wiser

Howard & Chris were negligent in not covering their ass but their plan may have been to make sure all was right until the government screwed them with a bs ban. I mean really, do either of the 2 have a long history of doing scummy things? Sometimes a guy can make an honest mistake and get unlucky. Were talking about guys who have been doing nothing but play poker for a cpl decades and all of a sudden they are in charge of a large company? They probly got talked into it by that shithead bitar who was supposed to be the expert
    They may have been talked into it by Bitar, but both are smart enough to know better.

A mistake of this magnitude simply can't be forgiven. Even if they don't think they were stealing, they stole. And the reality is that we would have never gotten the money back if Pokerstars hadn't bought them -- something they couldn't have predicted (the Stars sale, that is).

Oh, and there are still some who never got paid back because of the government's stupid rules about paying back "affiliates" (even if people were wrongfully tagged as affiliates), and of course Chris and Howard aren't exactly opening up their deep wallets to pay these people back.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh, I tweeted about this, but wanted to elaborate.

Brian Rast won his second Poker Player's Championship bracelet, beating Justin Bonomo heads up.

There were 3 bracelet ceremonies yesterday, all done after the first level of the WSOP Main, which I was playing.

One was for Rast, and one of the others was OSA's crush Tony Dunst. Of the three bracelet recipients, only one made a speech, and that was Rast.

I have no problem with speeches at bracelet ceremonies, provided that they are both appropriate and of reasonable length.

For example, Ryan Laplante, an openly gay poker player, happened to win his bracelet on the night of the Orlando shooting. The next day, at the bracelet ceremony, he made a speech that he's proud to be an openly gay man, and referenced the tragedy in Orlando. Good speech, lasted fewer than 2 minutes, and was appropriate. The reaction to Ryan's speech was wholly positive.

Brian Rast, however, made a long, rambling speech which was essentially split into two parts.

Part 1 of Brian's speech was fine. He thanked his family and friends, praised his father for coming a long way to see all of his final tables, etc. Pretty standard stuff but clearly appropriate given the occasion.

However, then he suddenly transitioned into an odd political/social rant which had no place at a bracelet ceremony. He railed against "nationalism". He mentioned something about global warming, but it was hard to tell what point he was even trying to make. He went on and on about how we're all human beings above all else, need to treat each other like human beings, and a bunch of other New Age psychobabble. This dragged on and on and on.

I did not time it, but I estimate that Rast's speech went on for 5 minutes, while the 1700 people at the WSOP Main Event Day 1B were chomping at the bit to start playing again, stuck there as a captive audience to Rast's droning rambles.

Keep in mind that I have no problem with Rast, and have generally heard good things about him, but boy was that speech cringeworthy.

Everyone at the event kind of just sat there dumbfounded, quietly and impatiently waiting for it to just be over.

At the very least, the WSOP should inform those wanting to make speeches that there needs to be a time limit (2 minutes?), since people are waiting to get their tournaments restarted.

In general, I do not like political speeches as part of awards ceremonies, especially poker ceremonies.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh, and entertaining Bonomo story from yesterday.

He was at the next table over.

Of course he was luckboxing into a lot of chips, where I watched some rec shove all of his chips into Bonomo's nut hand. Must be nice.

Anyway, that's not the point. I noticed midway through the day, Bonomo was standing the entire time. He even stood while playing hands.

Finally, some player cried foul, insisting that he could see their cards when playing while standing.

The floor was called over, and they insisted that he sit during hands he plays (along with when cards are being dealt).

Bonomo kept saying "but my back hurts" and the floorman responded, "We already offered to give you a second chair to elevate you higher, and you refused. You can't do this."

Bonomo kept insisting he needed to stand the entire time, but the floorman refused, saying, "I can't allow this. It just feels weird to have someone at the table always standing."

I am not sure which players objected. I know that Bruno Fitoussi was at his table, and was doing very poorly, so perhaps he was in a bad mood and finally raised the issue. I don't know. All I know is that the floor was called over because at least one person objected.

I don't necessarily think that Bonomo was using this as some kind of angle, but who knows. All I can say is that I agree with the floorman. If your back isn't healthy enough to at least sit while you have cards (or are getting dealt cards), then you always have the option not to play.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What Brian Rast really meant to say is fuck you Howard Lederer and Chris Ferguson in his bracelet ceremony speech.

Thread Information