Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ***Official 2016 WSOP Thread***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Martin Jacobson was at my table today.

He didn't do well, and chunked off his 110k stack quickly. To be fair, part of it was from a bad beat, where he turned a straight and got rivered by a boat all in.

But the more interesting thing was how he looked. He looked substantially different from 2014, where he basically looked like an average young guy.

He was considerably better looking, so much that an older woman at the table commented on how "cute" he was, and after he was gone from the table, she was shocked when people pointed to his banner on the wall showing him from 2014.

One comment at the table: "When you have $10 million and can spend lots of time at the gym and money on improving your looks, things can change quickly."
    We may need an expert's opinion on this matter. Fortunately, I was working my side job...

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

...when he was at Druff's table. But I forgot my lens bag back in the room, so the best I have is this somewhat grainy blown-up shot.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

(Paging OSA!)

Druff, what's with the sweat stains all over your shirt bud?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SysOp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

We may need an expert's opinion on this matter. Fortunately, I was working my side job...

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

...when he was at Druff's table. But I forgot my lens bag back in the room, so the best I have is this somewhat grainy blown-up shot.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

(Paging OSA!)

Bad lighting and blurry camera.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    At least Lederer busted but Justin Polyomo is the commanding chip leader for tomorrow's 50k final table. The guy is having a a very profitable WSOP.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    At least Lederer busted but Justin Polyomo is the commanding chip leader for tomorrow's 50k final table. The guy is having a a very profitable WSOP.
    That 50k event is pretty amazing because it gets a fair number of players, and a buyin like that can really make or break your series.

You could have like 100k of cashes already, play the 50k, brick it, and actually be down for the WSOP. Crazy.

I feel that way to some degree about two 10k events I play, which is why I sell off 40% of myself. But 50k is on a whole different level.

Some of these guys are probably backed, and others might be trading pieces, but otherwise that's a pretty huge buyin unless you're super-rich or always playing nosebleeds anyway.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That 50k event is pretty amazing because it gets a fair number of players, and a buyin like that can really make or break your series.

You could have like 100k of cashes already, play the 50k, brick it, and actually be down for the WSOP. Crazy.

I feel that way to some degree about two 10k events I play, which is why I sell off 40% of myself. But 50k is on a whole different level.

Some of these guys are probably backed, and others might be trading pieces, but otherwise that's a pretty huge buyin unless you're super-rich or always playing nosebleeds anyway.
    I agree with a majority of what you are saying.

A 50k buyin is definitely a lot of money but in a field where you have to beat out less than 100 people to get over a million dollar payday (91 entrants for 1.3 mil this year) I"m sure these players skilled in most of these games see value in that.

I'm sure most of these players sell some pieces, swap pieces, or get backing for a majority of the event. Many of the players in this do play in high stakes cash games where losing 50k and calling it a day is nothing new to them so when you look at it from that perspective taking a 50k shot once a year mostly on their own dime if they are playing 400/800 or higher mix games, 100/200 NL/PLO,etc. really isn't that extreme.

It definitely plays a big part of someones overall series profit/losses though.

This is the type of event where the very best and wealthiest probably wish they only paid 10% like in the past but in reality it could bring a few extra people in who might take the shot knowing that 50% more places are paying in this.

It would be easy to say this wasn't much of the case because the field size has dropped off over the years for this event but it just goes with the trend of higher stakes games on a down slide, even though we continue to see more 25k to 100k NL high roller events then ever before.

I don't know a lot of the upstart poker players like I once did when we could play on Pokerstars back in 2011 but from looking at this field I see a bunch of new names that entered this event that I don't recognize so maybe a few did get influenced to enter based on 15% of the field being paid.
    Last edited by BeerAndPoker; 07-06-2016 at 02:02 AM.

Load Metric

why is it always something like "bad lighting", "shirt was to puffy", "camera made it look this way" etc...

Comments

RealTalk: Lol
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post

why is it always something like "bad lighting", "shirt was to puffy", "camera made it look this way" etc...
    Because it's the truth?

That pic was from Day 2 of the $1500 Bounty where I lasted all of 2 hours.

I didn't have time to develop "sweat stains" down there in an over-air-conditioned room.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post

Because it's the truth?

That pic was from Day 2 of the $1500 Bounty where I lasted all of 2 hours.

I didn't have time to develop "sweat stains" down there in an over-air-conditioned room.
    Micon playing the tag team event with Kathy Leibert.

:miconlol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    LOL Micon but even bigger LOL at Kathy Liebert picking him for a partner.

If Michael The Grinder Mizrachi wins this 50k Players Championship it would be for the third time.

Load Metric

While the lighting was bad, I cropped the beejesus out of the orig to not explode the screen. Here's the orig scaled to roughly the same size.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 496
Size:  64.8 KB

Now that you mention it... The lens was dirty! Which explains why this pic of Maria Ho taken ay about the same time came out so stalker-creepyish.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 437
Size:  78.4 KB

Comments

handicapme: A mumbles fuck post.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Druff, it's the middle of summer. you're in the desert. HOW CAN YOU BE SPORTING A BEARD RIGHT NOW.

like, ok if it's a good luck thing, power to you. But wow, lumberjack much?
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Since it wasn't mentioned on here earlier Jared Bleznick was "lifetime" banned for ripping cards up at the WSOP which only lasted for a few days. He has a history of doing shit like this in live poker and was always a little whiny bitch online playing under the name of harrington25 on Pokerstars.

https://www.pokertube.com/poker-news...r-with-history

Here is a video of this fool from back in the day where he's clearly out of his element socially:

Bleznick clearly has some behavioral issues; this from the Mike Dentale laydown meltdown on PNIA:

BTW, Rast is GOAT:

http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: fuck and that pig is touching cards and chips? what a slob, no wonder i don't play live anymore

BeerAndPoker: not sure whether to laugh or feel grossed out after seeing that.

big dick: What a dirty pig

ToasterOven: hof

Belly Buster: world series of pocket billiards
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The main event started today. Considering how the WSOP events go on these days with the One Drop being on Day 2 along with three or four other tournaments still playing out this is the best day to play imo since you avoid a lot of top pros. Their is dead money on everyday in this thing but a lot of pros love Day 1C because they've played all summer long so they can take a few days break if they aren't still in a tournament at the start of the main and then just play it out afterwards.

Here is a picture of Anthony Roberto who is the only guy to put up 10k to play in the ladies event this year:

I read somewhere on twitter that he lost a prop bet.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The goat Fedor Holz is HU for the One Drop Bracelet and $5 million bucks vs Dan Smith who was the last person to register for this tournament at the very last minute yesterday because he was playing in the 25k final table.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Disappointing Day 1 for me, finished with about 30k from the starting 50.

Had the misfortune of running into AA against a 17k stack, when I had QQ.

Also got no action with my big hands... AA 4 times, KK 3 times, QQ 4 times... 4 sets (one of which was with KK). Not much action. Had TT a bunch of times and lost them all. Tons of other pocket pairs.

Missed every single draw I had. That was one problem.

Anyway, Danielle Andersen got Howard Lederer moved to her table and confronted him:

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Who gives a shit about this bitch? Are people just going to call out Howard so they get some recognition?

Comments

thesidedish: chick is definately an attention whore
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Who gives a shit about this bitch? Are people just going to call out Howard so they get some recognition?
    She's a MS/HSNL cash pro who had 6-figs tied up for ages after Black Friday. She's not just confronting Howard for the attention, she legitimately resents his presence at her table in the main event (and justifiably so).

Comments

ToasterOven: info
    Last edited by Peter Binklage; 07-11-2016 at 08:12 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Gotta give the Moon girl some props, I'm sure these scammer's got a lot of money and have plenty of degenerate pros kissing there ass these days looking for backing.

Load Metric
    Dmoon was the perfect snapshot of the times. Relatively normal grinder who got fried.

Film captured the story in real time for the time capsule

I am struck how old Lederer looks. He looks like Brunson standing next to his Audi.

The boom seems like such a long time ago

How many people registered for the Main? Any year over year numbers for WSOP?

I am also struck by how we had so little PFA chatter or members playing this year.

Bob Dylan said don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Comments

LarryLaffer: Bob Dylan rep

Thread Information