Thread: Lost phone on Verizon going over to Tmobile

Load Metric

Lost phone on Verizon going over to Tmobile

I have a friend who ordered a replacement Galaxy S7 through Verizons insurance company. The phone was never delivered (or so he thought) so he called Verizon and said the phone never showed up on his doorstep. They told him they'd mark it lost/stolen and send him a new one. This was last week. Fast forward to yesterday afternoon, he gets a knock on his door and it's a mother and teenage son standing at the door with the original replacement device. The little shit stole it off his doorstep, mom found out and made him return it and apologize. So now he has two of the same phone, one marked lost/stolen. What's the play here? Can this phone be taken to another carrier like Tmobile or ATT and work or is there some sort of universal blacklist that wont allow this phone to work again? It's a $800 phone so it's worth thinking about. Anyone know?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Standard View Post
    I have a friend who ordered a replacement Galaxy S7 through Verizons insurance company. The phone was never delivered (or so he thought) so he called Verizon and said the phone never showed up on his doorstep. They told him they'd mark it lost/stolen and send him a new one. This was last week. Fast forward to yesterday afternoon, he gets a knock on his door and it's a mother and teenage son standing at the door with the original replacement device. The little shit stole it off his doorstep, mom found out and made him return it and apologize. So now he has two of the same phone, one marked lost/stolen. What's the play here? Can this phone be taken to another carrier like Tmobile or ATT and work or is there some sort of universal blacklist that wont allow this phone to work again? It's a $800 phone so it's worth thinking about. Anyone know?
    Maybe Verizon would blacklist the phone, but there is no chance that all the other carriers would blacklist and the phone would become useless at that point.

I believe the blacklists are a myth.

Comments

The_Standard: Agree

FPS_Russia: Verizon's the devil

Load Metric
    I didn't think he'd have a problem activating it on another network either, my only question would be how do you sell it? Whoever is going to buy it will undoubtedly call and check on the serial number of the phone and see that it's lost/stolen. I would think he would want to say only for use with carriers other than Verizon, but I don't know.....

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Pretty amazing how some random kid steals the phone and his ma catches him and makes him do the right thing so that your "friend" can immediately turn right the fuck around and rip off someone else.

Comments

varys: He even called him a little shit. Smh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    Pretty amazing how some random kid steals the phone and his ma catches him and makes him do the right thing so that your "friend" can immediately turn right the fuck around and rip off someone else.

pretty much.

Return the fucking phone. Is that so hard to understand?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Standard View Post
    Lol wait until Fedex or UPS come calling. After that the Postal Inspectors. It is a 800 phone though so I say go for it.

Thread Information