Thread: WSOP $1500 Re-Entry Event

Load Metric

WSOP $1500 Re-Entry Event

Apparently, at least 11 people were caught busting and buying back in when they weren't suppose to.

I just wanted to set a topic here to identify these players and any actions the Rio may have taken as a result.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    How was this possible? There weren't safeguards against this?

Big fail on Harrah's part.

Are the names of those 11 listed anywhere?

Load Metric
    From Bluff's website:
    The one and only event in the 2012 WSOP that permits re-entries the next day for victims that dropped out of contention on Day 1 got underway today at 1 p.m. The field size at the conclusion of last night was 245 players, with 1,451 players hitting the rail. By mid-day on Sunday the amount registered was 3,392 which means many of the players who fell yesterday returned to seek revenge. A few notables to take a second shot are Vanessa Selbst, Bryan Devonshire, and Steve O’Dwyer, but their luck on Day 1B soon mirrored their disappointing Day 1A as Selbst, Devonshire, and O’Dwyer have each already bowed out a second time. Carlos Mortensen on the other hand has been able to turn the tide and find success on his second attempt thus far.

With tournaments this large that have player pools into the thousands, it is increasingly harder for even the most well-known poker players to slip through the cracks to the next round. Chris Moorman tweets how a frustrated Will Failla handled his demise to an early exit out of Day 2.

So @WILLFAILLA is drawing dead. Utg puts out his hand for handshake and will tells him to kill himself and storms off.
    about 9 hours ago via Twitter for iPhoneReplyRetweetFavorite
    @Moorman1
    Chris Moorman
    There is a growing controversy surrounding this event that also involves Failla. As it currently stands, a number of players were allowed to enter twice on Sunday. While this is a re-entry event, players were only allowed to re-enter if they busted on Day 1A and wished to play again on Day 1B. There was only one re-entry allowed per player, but through some form of miscommunication players were allowed to register again. Failla apologized for doing so and offered this explanation.

I want to apologize to the poker Community. I thought u could rebuy in the first 4 levels in today's event. I was extremely embarrassed!
    about 4 hours ago via Twitter for iPhoneReplyRetweetFavorite
    @WILLFAILLA
    Will Failla
    BLUFF is currently investigating this story and will have a full report up later in the day. Please check back with us to get the latest updates on this situation as it develops.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Is it possible that these players really thought they could re-enter according to the rules, and it was Harrah's fault for not stopping it?

I mean, it was partially Harrah's fault anyway, but perhaps these players weren't actually angling.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Is it possible that these players really thought they could re-enter according to the rules, and it was Harrah's fault for not stopping it?

I mean, it was partially Harrah's fault anyway, but perhaps these players weren't actually angling.
    Chris Moorman, who was the one who noticed Will Failla had re-entered said he overheard him ask Jack Effel how long the re-entry period was today. I think if he knew he was doing something shady he wouldn't have drawn any attention to it. Can't speak for the other players
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Thread Information