Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Justin Bonomo calls out "three sexist microaggressions" in his first 45 minutes at WSOP

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Justin Bonomo calls out "three sexist microaggressions" in his first 45 minutes at WSOP

Just when you think SJW Bonomo can't get any more insufferable, he tops his previous effort.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sooufn

2016 WSoP stats: minutes played: 45. Sexist microaggressions witnessed: 3.
    When I wrote my semi-recent blog about misogyny in poker, I felt like I had copped out a bit by only focusing on the hot button topics like rape coming from famous pros. I wanted to talk about the little stuff a bit, and now that I've spent 45 minutes playing at the World Series of Poker this year, I have 3 new stories of microaggressions to share. Yes, 3 in 45 minutes.

A microaggression is exactly what it sounds like. Per top google result, it is a "subtle but offensive comment or action directed at a minority or other nondominant group that is often unintentional or unconsciously reinforces a stereotype".

I buy into the $1,500 NL 45 minutes before dinner break (I am currently writing this on dinner break). A few minutes later an attractive blond girl in her 20's sits down. A dealer in his 60's with a charming southern drawl joins us a few minutes after that. He's clearly trying to be polite. He goes out of his way to make a couple comments about the young lady, calling her beautiful with no context. She gives a fake smile and puts her headphones back on. My read on the situation was that she was annoyed, but the dealer read the signs differently. Whatever, maybe it's no big deal. He starts saying a 3rd thing to her. She lets a slightly bigger but still somewhat subtle sign of aggravation out on her face as she takes her headphones off this time. He proceeds to tell the following joke:

** #1 **

"Why did god make women beautiful? So that men can love them. Why did god make them stupid? So that they can love me."

Dude, are you fucking serious? You work in the service industry, and this is how you talk to customers? Even if this joke wasn't incredibly degrading, it still would not be funny. Why do you think the young lady with headphones on would want to hear this? And just to be clear, I'm not only upset about the "women are stupid" half. Implying that beauty is the only reason to love a woman is probably not what they want to hear.

The girl is clearly unhappy but just puts her head phones back on. The dealer makes some other worthless comment on the back of this joke, and I say, "You know, some people might not like hearing that."

"Hey, I'm a dealer, it comes with the territory!"

"I don't think calling your customers stupid comes with any territory."

** #2 **

A middle-aged eastern European man sitting next to the left of the lady jumps in on the jokes. I couldn't quite hear everything he said, but it was something along the lines of, "God made women out of only a rib, so they can't have brains." Great joke buddy. I'm sure I missed the subtlety and comedic timing that would have made it truly an elite joke.

The dealer defends himself a bit and eventually gives an apology as he leaves the table 20 minutes later which included, "I'm sorry if I offended anyone". The woman was extremely polite and said, "I appreciate that".

Incident #3 was far less appalling than the first two, but to me it was just the perfect icing on the cake. Dealer #2 appears to be in his early 30's and is a relatively sharp looking clean cut guy. He sits down as I'm saying to the girl, "I'm sorry but I have to ask. On a scale of charming to annoying as fuck, how would you rate that dealer?" She smiles, shakes her head, and gives the very polite answer of, "Well, he certainly had some old school jokes". I tell her, "That's a very political answer", and she expands a bit saying the joke was rude and she didn't appreciate any of his chit chat, but not too much beyond that.

** #3 **

The poker action folds to a guy on the lady's right. He's on his iPad watching sports and doesn't realize it's his turn. I wave my hands above his screen to get his attention. As he folds, the girl says, "He was watching fùtbol." She enunciated the word very carefully and was clearly trying hard to mimic a European accent. The dealer doesn't pick up on this I guess, and corrects her. "No, that's soccer." I instantly face palm hard, and the girl raises her eyebrows as if to say, "Is this real life right now? Are you fucking kidding me?" Still, she remained extremely polite and said nothing.

To the dealer's credit, I think he fairly quickly realized his mistake and felt bad about it. It was an innocent mistake I'm sure, but not one that was the result of anything resembling overestimation of her intelligence.

So why am I sharing this? A ton of people think that women are seen as equals at the poker table and there are no problems. My blog got a lot of criticism saying that this kind of thing is extremely rare. Some people said they had never once seen anything resembling sexism or misogyny at the table.

I'm sorry, but it's just not that uncommon. I have played a grand total of 45 minutes at the WSoP, and I already have the above 3 stories to share. Let's just stop for a minute and realize that it must be exhausting for women to put up with this bullshit every day. I promise you, it's really not that rare.

Comments

rum dick: eh...he kinda had a point with the first 2

Load Metric
    I wish Justin would stop shifting in his seat, I can smell his vag from here.

Comments

LarryLaffer: zing!

OSA: yes thats a good one

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I like the way he doesn't like broad sweeping comments against women but is quite happy to state someone might be Eastern European.

Comments

gut: "broad" is a microtransgression brah....
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    I wish Patrice was still alive and played poker and was at an event at the same table as Justin "multi-accounting" Bonomo

Comments

lewfather: Rip Patrice

Silver
    Load Metric
    He's prob just trying to get laid by running some sanctimonious "call out the micro-aggression on social media" game on her or any other female paying attention. Ironic if true, as it makes him the worst kind of hypocrite.

Women live on average 10 years longer than men; men are idiots to be sure when it comes to women but this micro-aggression bullshit is just some ploy to get his dick sucked or at the very least justify his feelings of superiority.

Comments

MumblesBadly: First paragraph.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    He's prob just trying to get laid by running some sanctimonious "call out the micro-aggression on social media" game on her or any other female paying attention. Ironic if true, as it makes him the worst kind of hypocrite.

Women live on average 10 years longer than men; men are idiots to be sure when it comes to women but this micro-aggression bullshit is just some ploy to get his dick sucked or at the very least justify his feelings of superiority.
    The thing is that he has no idea who the fuck he's sitting across from at these tables. He calls out the wrong guy on twitter and dude sees that shit and all of a sudden 4 guys jump his ass in the Rio parking lot. Is that not a thing anymore?

Comments

John Stamos: wild west justice is gone

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

The thing is that he has no idea who the fuck he's sitting across from at these tables. He calls out the wrong guy on twitter and dude sees that shit and all of a sudden 4 guys jump his ass in the Rio parking lot. Is that not a thing anymore?
    Ferguson is at WSOP so I suspect not.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

yes it is

Load Metric
    I'm mostly liberal but I could write all night on why I fucking hate a lot of other liberals because of shit like this. I find it really weird that he was staring this girl down hard enough to know her every movement after every joke is really fucking creepy. Then to blog about it without the girls permission (why not try talking to someone JB instead of twitter stories) but she would have probably said no because the girls responses on twitter seemed like she really didn't want or expect him to do this.

To be fair I thought the first joke was kind of funny, the second joke was terrible and cringe-worthy, and the number 3 was....nothing offensive at all. I support free speech and that means sometimes you are going to get offended but JB is focusing on the wrong points and I think he is too dumb to realize it. If he thinks for one second that someone at the table was going to be influenced by the joke in #1 then he is dumber than he comes across. Clearly it was an attempt at a joke and not only a joke but a self-deprecating joke saying a woman has to be dumb to like him. The girl didn't think it was funny...move on. Jesus fucking Christ do we need to write a god damn blog every time a guy bends down to tie his shoe next to a somewhat attractive girl and JB will scream you were trying to sniff her anus.

Guy is a complete moron in every sense of the word and is only halfway through his 'enlightenment' reading, once he gets to the end he will realize that his path to Nirvana doesn't include being a passive aggressive pussy.

Comments

tyde: I really wish you could learn what the definition of what a paragraph means.

gut: YUP...AND ALSO TO OFFSET THE TARD.

ToasterOven: post is correct

Load Metric
    Can we take up donations on PFA to hire some goons to kneecap Bonomo and the shave that pink hair of his off his head?? He looked like a fucking human flamingo on the SHR last week.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Can we take up donations on PFA to hire some goons to kneecap Bonomo and the shave that pink hair of his off his head?? He looked like a fucking human flamingo on the SHR last week.

Luke Schwartz is easily more offensive that Justin

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Name:  CTcsK1SVEAAvaS2.jpg
Views: 1839
Size:  77.4 KB

Comments

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: you're a lebowski, I'm a lebowski...that's great!

limitles: lol

ToasterOven:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    red herring

noun

Simple Definition of red herring

: something unimportant that is used to stop people from noticing or thinking about something important

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    We need to nip this "micro-aggression" term in the bud ASAP. It is complete BS. I am not going to
    Play this PC game. And I am sick as hell of this war on men. We see it in sitcoms and commercials. The man is always the brundt of the joke. Men and women are wired differently. It's a fact. We should treat women well, yes. And what the dealer said at the table was pretty stupid. But it's not a one way street. Women need to treat men better at the table as well. Remember, we do no have a right to not be offended.

Comments

OSA: BRUNDT REP

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

OSA: I WOULD STICK MY PRICK IN THAT PRICK

Load Metric
    If Moe's Liquors had "VIP Points", Justin and Marty would be driving matching Lambos

Comments

Sanlmar: Thx man.

Henry: Nice

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Pretty hilarious that this guy has chosen to anoint himself the defender of all female poker players. Not sure what he hopes to accomplish other than needlessly causing himself to tilt at an absurd rate (3 times in 45 minutes) which pretty much guarantees he's flushing all of his WSOP buyins down the drain. Seriously, how he can possibly do well, or even cash, in any of the WSOP events if he's going to constantly fly into a rage every time some douchebag makes an idiotic comment to a female poker player. If he really wanted to help women, he shoulda just donated his WSOP buyins to a local battered women's shelter instead of donking the buyins off via self-inflicted tilt.

Load Metric
    Sounds like bonomo wanted to fuck the girl and was trying to get into her pants by feigning compassion thru empathizing with womens rights. I really think Bonomo is on his way to becoming more of a tool then doug lee these days. What is bonomos highest level of education anyway? Sounds like A Sylvester Stallone wanabe.

Comments

ToasterOven: shut it down

Load Metric
    #THEBIGTOPIC
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Sounds like bonomo wanted to fuck the girl and was trying to get into her pants by feigning compassion thru empathizing with womens rights. I really think Bonomo is on his way to becoming more of a tool then doug lee these days. What is bonomos highest level of education anyway? Sounds like A Sylvester Stallone wanabe.
    Bonomo is certainly a tool, but Sly ain't no dummy.

In 1977, Stallone was nominated for two Academy Awards for Rocky, Best Original Screenplay and Best Actor. He became the third man in history to receive these two nominations for the same film, after Charles Chaplin and Orson Welles.[6]
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvester_Stallone
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information