Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Breaking News...Chris Fergueson spotted at WSOP yesterday!!

Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_1516.JPG
Views: 516
Size:  296.4 KB

Chris busting the 10k. This tilts the shit outta me.

http://www.pokerlistings.com/chris-f...-threats-99462

Load Metric
    After playing cash on and off for the last 24 hours at the Rio and WSOP games with minimal sleep (~ 30 mins), I decided to wander over to the Brazilia room to see if I recognize anyone from the old haunts in AC playing in the $1500 NL Bounty event. Nada.

But guess who just passed me walking the other way?

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 455
Size:  50.9 KB

No! Not him! This guy:

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 508
Size:  52.7 KB

Comments

nunbeater: fuck your multiple spoilers bullshit
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Who has more money right now? Chris Ferguson or Daniel Tzvetkoff?

I think Haley Hinze called Tzvetkoff the anti-Blizerian. Great line. She wrote a good piece evidencing Tzvetkoff's fortune.

I have given up on hearing Chad Elie on PFA again.

can you sense my hostility Druff?

Oh, yeah. Forgot

With Liberty, Light Regulation and Justice for all.

It's funny and an absolute mystery how you draw your lesson from this history.

I have never been tempted to wager on an issue with you, Druff. However, I would kill to hear Elie's opinion regarding the effectiveness of regulation and the US judicial system.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 06-27-2016 at 07:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Negreanu continuing to go hard on HEYSUS Ferguson.

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2016/0...-ire-25207.htm

Former Full Tilt Poker board member Chris Ferguson has decided to remain mute, raising the ire of at least one of poker's most outspoken ambassadors.

"I am a very forgiving person, but usually you have to ask for forgiveness before you can get it," Daniel Negreanu told PokerNews. "Clearly he doesn't give a shit, responding with 'What are you talking about?' when people said he owed the poker world an apology.

"Let me explain it to you Chris: You were part of a company, a very prominent part, asking people to trust you and the company. You made millions and millions of dollars off of this company, then you hid for five years when things got out of shape. Then you said nothing at all. Whether you're guilty or not, you've said nothing, which makes you guilty. If you don't feel like you're guilty, say so. Say something. You asked for the players to trust in you, don't you believe they're owed some kind of apology? Any man with a shred of integrity or human decency would understand an apology is owed."

Until this year, Ferguson had not been seen at a live poker event since the infamous "Black Friday," on April 15, 2011, when the U.S. Department of Justice shut down Full Tilt and other offshore online poker operators, ultimately amending it's civil complaint against Full Tilt specifically, saying Ferguson and three other members of the company's board of directors were running a Ponzi scheme that paid out $444 million of players' money to themselves and other Full Tilt owners.

Ferguson denied the allegations through a lawyer, and the case was eventually dismissed after one-time competitor PokerStars bought Full Tilt and negotiated a plan with the U.S. Department of Justice to pay back players.

Without a word, Ferguson turned up early on in the 2016 WSOP, and has continued to play in a number of events, even making fourth in the $10,000 Six-Max No-Limit Hold'em Championship event last weekend, refusing to make any kind of public statement despite being offered several opportunities to do so.

"I don't care if he plays or not," Negreanu continued. "I just look at what a guy like [Full Tilt founder and board member] Howard Lederer did. Obviously he's no fan of mine, and we're not buddies, but at the very least, he took some time to write something out an issue an apology. You don't have to accept it, and people ask if it matters if Chris issues an apology or not, does it make a difference? It doesn't matter if it makes a difference. It's the right thing to do. As a man you should know that.

"The fact is that [Lederer] humbled himself, and knew that it would be inappropriate for him to just come back without some sort of statement, and he did that. He went through the right channels. This guy Chris, he just shows up and it's like 'Fuck you guys, I don't even need to do nothing.' Be a man and take responsibility. Even if it's not all your fault, take responsibility for your part in it. You signed autographs, you took pictures, you were in ads promoting a company that ended up fucking a lot of people. Take ownership of that, at the very least."

When told PokerNews spoke to Negreanu, with Negreanu calling for him to issue an apology, Ferguson said, "What do you want me to do about it?" When asked if he would respond to Negreanu's comments and make some kind of statement to the poker community, Ferguson said, "No comment for now."

With the 2016 WSOP Main Event a week away, the 2016 WSOP is in the home stretch, and Negreanu said Ferguson needs to address the community now, and understand this issue is not going to go away without that.

"It's going to ring a little more hollow if he were to [apologize] now, but whether or not people accept the apology takes a backseat to the fact it's the right thing to do," Negreanu said. "Even if people don't believe him, it's the right thing to do. He's going to continue to have this problem every time he plays poker. Anyone who was affected by it, for them, it's like he's spitting in their face. He's sitting there laughing and giggling, winning more money."

Negreanu has yet to run into Ferguson on the WSOP felt this year, but said if that does happen in any event going forward, he's not going to be quiet about it.

"If I'm ever at his table I'm going to continue to explain to him why I think he owes the poker world an apology," Negreanu said. "I'm not going to be buddy-buddy with him. He had an opportunity to spin this in a better way. He clearly just doesn't give a fuck. He doesn't give a fuck about the poker community. He took all that money and now doesn't say a word? It's ridiculous.

"I can't wait to get him at my table. Put us together at the Main Event feature table and we'll see what happens there."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Does Chris not understand that all he needs to do is take 5-10 minutes of his time, with a site like pokernews or something, and just make an apology and acknowledgement of what his company did was wrong, and that he'll do everything in his power to be cooperative in the future in any future FTP inquiries and that he'll never be a part of something like this again? He'd still deal with needling, but it will only get worse with each continued "I don't give a fuck" answer.

By continually being defensive, he makes this shit worse and worse for him, as well as for the players who play with him because they have to deal with all the jeering and heckling at his table due to his flippant behavior of his criminal, scammer activity.

I hope DN or Druff does play with him on TV at the WSOP, but I am sure ESPN and the WSOP brass will do everything in their power to make sure that does not happen....unless they make the final, where then then they'll have no choice.

Mike Sexton had some interesting comments on Ferguson.

“But all the other guys wanted to get kickbacks and get dividends and I understand that because they needed bankrolls a lot of them.
    “Chris was the one guy who fought against it but he got outvoted by the rest of them.
    “I also know that he took his own money and put it back in the company, even after Black Friday. I know that he tried to do a lot of things that a lot of people don't even know about.
    If this is the case, then Chris should tell it. If not, then it's all bullshit from his camp and no one else will give a fuck.
    Last edited by Shizzmoney; 07-03-2016 at 10:27 AM.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Platinum
    Load Metric
    wonder if he's scared if he says anything that that might be used to put him in a federal pound him in the ass prison?

I hope he chokes on a million black cocks...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Andrew Brokos had words with Chris Ferguson yesterday

What did I really know about Ferguson’s side of the story? I was rushing to a judgment that, though I had a high degree of confidence in it, was not 100%. Maybe he really was some hero operating behind the scenes. It wasn’t likely, but it was possible.

The nice way to put it would be that I decided to take the high road. Maybe I just chickened out. But I decided not to say anything to him and just focus on playing cards.

That peace lasted for a few minutes, until another player at our table was eliminated. After gathering his things, the young man reached out to shake Ferguson’s hand. “It’s an honor”, he said. “Glad to have you back.”

That was the final straw, but it was also the icebreaker I needed. “I don’t agree with that, for what it’s worth,” I declared to the table at large. “Anyone else here have money on Full Tilt Poker?”

No one responded. I didn’t know whether the answer was no, or whether I was just speaking so agitatedly that they couldn’t understand me. I locked eyes with the guy who looked most like a former online player. “Did you have money on Full Tilt?”

He removed his headphones. I asked him again. “No,” he told me. I could feel my face reddening. Ferguson still hadn’t said anything, but I certainly had his attention.

“I had $60,000 locked up for over two years,” I said.

“And did you get it back?” Ferguson asked me, as though that would make everything OK.

“That was $60,000 I couldn’t access for two years. No interest.”

“Sorry about that. But you got it back?”

Finally, someone else chimed in. “I had over $9000 in bonuses that I never received,” he said.

“But you got the balance back?” Chris asked.

“No,” I interrupted. “You asked whether we got paid back. The answer is, we got some of what we were owed.”

We just stared at each other for a few seconds after that. There was nothing more to say. I sat back down. My hands were still shaking, and my face was burning, but it was a relief to say something to him.

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ferguson's response is so tilting.

I hate the "Did you get the money back?" line.

First off, some people still haven't gotten their money back. This includes people erroneously marked as "affiliates".

Second, people were without their bankrolls for two or more years. You can't just dismiss this as nothing. That can do damage in so many ways. Nobody has a right to steal your money for a day, let alone two years. Just because it's ultimately returned doesn't make it correct.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, Full Tilt did not give anything back. They stole it. Then they blew it. The money was gone. The money only came back because Pokerstars decided it was worth purchasing Full Tilt for $750 million, and some of that money (as agreed with the US government) went to paying back players. So we can thank Pokerstars (and to some degree the US government) for getting our money back -- NOT Full Tilt or any of its shady, thieving board members.

In fact, it should be noted that the only interested purchaser of Full Tilt prior to Pokerstars was Groupe Tapie, who was only going to give a partial refund to players if the purchase went through.

Chris Ferguson and the other board members did not lift a finger to get us paid back, aside from allowing the US government to take ownership of Full Tilt in exchange for not prosecuting them. Their decision to do that was selfish (to stay out of jail and retain most of their assets), not to help us get paid.

Fuck Chris Ferguson.

I will tell him all of this if he somehow gets on my table at the Main.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Ferguson's response is so tilting.

I hate the "Did you get the money back?" line.

First off, some people still haven't gotten their money back. This includes people erroneously marked as "affiliates".

Second, people were without their bankrolls for two or more years. You can't just dismiss this as nothing. That can do damage in so many ways. Nobody has a right to steal your money for a day, let alone two years. Just because it's ultimately returned doesn't make it correct.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, Full Tilt did not give anything back. They stole it. Then they blew it. The money was gone. The money only came back because Pokerstars decided it was worth purchasing Full Tilt for $750 million, and some of that money (as agreed with the US government) went to paying back players. So we can thank Pokerstars (and to some degree the US government) for getting our money back -- NOT Full Tilt or any of its shady, thieving board members.

In fact, it should be noted that the only interested purchaser of Full Tilt prior to Pokerstars was Groupe Tapie, who was only going to give a partial refund to players if the purchase went through.

Chris Ferguson and the other board members did not lift a finger to get us paid back, aside from allowing the US government to take ownership of Full Tilt in exchange for not prosecuting them. Their decision to do that was selfish (to stay out of jail and retain most of their assets), not to help us get paid.

Fuck Chris Ferguson.

I will tell him all of this if he somehow gets on my table at the Main.
    This would be like Bernie Madoff telling investors "you got your money back" after the trustee recovered most of the funds for the investors.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    bumper cars!! FILM AT 11! or now

was on the 4 just now, and spotted this:

Jesus' last hand at the WSOP. the comments from the crowd are the best

"Good bye you scamming piece of shit!!"
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Thread Information