Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News...Chris Fergueson spotted at WSOP yesterday!!

Bronze
    Load Metric

Thumbs up

Worst part is......... He Cashed in The Event 5 "$1500 Dealers choice 6 Handed" He has played Event 3... 7 card stud event "10k Buyin" and Event 9 Heads up championship "10k Buyin"....Safe to say Fergi has a full wsop schedule planned for this year

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This article was put up on Pokernews. Clearly the writer isn't aware of everything that went on with FTP but they approached Chris twice at the WSOP trying to get a statement out of him and so far we got nothing.

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2016/0...cube-24992.htm

Chris Ferguson was one of the architects of Full Tilt Poker's software. He sat on the company's board of directors, and perhaps more than anybody outside of Phil Ivey, appeared on the site's many popular TV commercials. For all intents and purposes, Ferguson was the face of Full Tilt Poker.

Then, when the shit hit the fan and the U.S. Department of Justice shut the site down, accusing him and others of running a ponzi scheme, pilfering the players' funds they failed to segregate, that face simply disappeared.

In the five years since, there's been little heard from Ferguson, outside of one of his lawyers spitting out a relatively standard denial. PokerStars bailed the company out and negotiated a plan to pay players that played out over the next few years, with the sting of poker's Black Friday finally starting to wear off for most, as the site was folded into the PokerStars client earlier this year.

Then suddenly, with the only warning being an apology letter from fellow Full Tilt principal Howard Lederer released last month, Ferguson turned up at the 2016 World Series of Poker last week, and he's been there playing, every day since.

I tried talking to him. Gently offering him the opportunity to reply to some questions I'm sure the poker world wants answered, but I was essentially rebuffed by his "I'm just here to play poker," answer, to anything I asked.

When players like Daniel Negreanu and others turned up the heat a little on Twitter, saying Ferguson owes the poker world at least some explanation, I tried again. I approached Ferguson at the Rio a second time, asking if he had thought about making some kind of statement, and if he would at least consider a reply to all that the community is saying about him right now. He said he would think about it.

Here's the thing: I don't know what, if anything, Ferguson was guilty of here. I was not privy to the inner workings of this company. He may not have known a single thing about the books, or been involved in any financial decisions that led to the company's downfall at all. But I do know that if you disappear in the wake of a scandal of this magnitude, when you walk back into the world you left behind five years later, you're going to have some explaining to do.

I'm willing to give Ferguson the benefit of the doubt, listen to what he has to say and present it to the public as is, letting PokerNews readers, and the entire poker community, decide for themselves what to believe. But in order for that to happen, he's got to have to step up and speak up. The longer he waits, the more guilty the community is inclined to think he is, so the time is clearly now.

I'm going to ask again, and hope this time Ferguson comes up with the right answer.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    This article was put up on Pokernews. Clearly the writer isn't aware of everything that went on with FTP but they approached Chris twice at the WSOP trying to get a statement out of him and so far we got nothing.

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2016/0...cube-24992.htm

Chris Ferguson was one of the architects of Full Tilt Poker's software. He sat on the company's board of directors, and perhaps more than anybody outside of Phil Ivey, appeared on the site's many popular TV commercials. For all intents and purposes, Ferguson was the face of Full Tilt Poker.

Then, when the shit hit the fan and the U.S. Department of Justice shut the site down, accusing him and others of running a ponzi scheme, pilfering the players' funds they failed to segregate, that face simply disappeared.

In the five years since, there's been little heard from Ferguson, outside of one of his lawyers spitting out a relatively standard denial. PokerStars bailed the company out and negotiated a plan to pay players that played out over the next few years, with the sting of poker's Black Friday finally starting to wear off for most, as the site was folded into the PokerStars client earlier this year.

Then suddenly, with the only warning being an apology letter from fellow Full Tilt principal Howard Lederer released last month, Ferguson turned up at the 2016 World Series of Poker last week, and he's been there playing, every day since.

I tried talking to him. Gently offering him the opportunity to reply to some questions I'm sure the poker world wants answered, but I was essentially rebuffed by his "I'm just here to play poker," answer, to anything I asked.

When players like Daniel Negreanu and others turned up the heat a little on Twitter, saying Ferguson owes the poker world at least some explanation, I tried again. I approached Ferguson at the Rio a second time, asking if he had thought about making some kind of statement, and if he would at least consider a reply to all that the community is saying about him right now. He said he would think about it.

Here's the thing: I don't know what, if anything, Ferguson was guilty of here. I was not privy to the inner workings of this company. He may not have known a single thing about the books, or been involved in any financial decisions that led to the company's downfall at all. But I do know that if you disappear in the wake of a scandal of this magnitude, when you walk back into the world you left behind five years later, you're going to have some explaining to do.

I'm willing to give Ferguson the benefit of the doubt, listen to what he has to say and present it to the public as is, letting PokerNews readers, and the entire poker community, decide for themselves what to believe. But in order for that to happen, he's got to have to step up and speak up. The longer he waits, the more guilty the community is inclined to think he is, so the time is clearly now.

I'm going to ask again, and hope this time Ferguson comes up with the right answer.

i was a fan of poker news, but now....not so mooch
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Bronze
    Load Metric

Thumbs up

Ferguson is playing Event 12 $565 PLO... He is in 54th Place with 87,000 chips as of yesterday. Stacks may have not been updated for today's Day 2 start.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If I ever play at a table with Chris Ferguson, I'll need to make sure to wear a "I'm Just Here to Play Poker" T-shirt.

That Pokernews article is milquetoast at worst. But I am sure the guy who wrote that dribble is also putting into consideration of at some point trying to score an exclusive with Chris.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Druff is at a table on Day 2 of an event with Micon to his left and Jesus to his right. The table also has David "ODB" Baker and Justin Bonomo. Chris Ferguson busts an hour into the day and in comes Howard Lederer to fill his seat.

The day plays on then five spots before the money Druff loses a big hand with pocket rockets to Howard Lederer's pocket cowboys.

Druff jumps up screaming "RIGGED!!! SITE = JOKE" and commits his last big blind when Micon comes in for a raise that sends Druff donkdown just a few spots away from the money.

In memory of delaware. RIP sweet prince.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Druff is at a table on Day 2 of an event with Micon to his left and Jesus to his right. The table also has David "ODB" Baker and Justin Bonomo. Chris Ferguson busts an hour into the day and in comes Howard Lederer to fill his seat.

The day plays on then five spots before the money Druff loses a big hand with pocket rockets to Howard Lederer's pocket cowboys.

Druff jumps up screaming "RIGGED!!! SITE = JOKE" and commits his last big blind when Micon comes in for a raise that sends Druff donkdown just a few spots away from the money.

In memory of delaware. RIP sweet prince.

That's Pretty good But..........The Poker World maybe stunned when Fergi walks into Event #61 $1000 Tag Team NL with his Tag Partner Howard Lederer............Hmmm this seem's to make sense now,,First Daniels Post on Howard and Now fergi showing up....Door is wide open for the Patsy Howard to play at 2016 WSOP

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Chris is currently 6/14 left in the $565 PLO event #12. If he makes the final table I'm sure they will air that on wsop.com but probably would have aired that anyways because wtf wants to watch the other event which is Razz?

Bronze
    Load Metric

THANK YOU POKER GOD Chris Ferguson out 13th in the Event #12 $565 PLO

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealNoNameYet View Post
    THANK YOU POKER GOD Chris Ferguson out 13th in the Event #12 $565 PLO

Not sure what made me happier... this or Bonomo failing to win the bracelet.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Damn Howard your not welcome gtfo

Name:  lederer.PNG
Views: 630
Size:  555.4 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Fergi was playing Event #17 $1000 NL and Busted out!

Load Metric
    You know, after thinking it over for awhile, I've reached the conclusion that Chris Ferguson is an OK guy who just was a victim of circumstance. And that he is really sorry all those players lost their Full Tilt balances or just were inconvenienced in when they got them back.

And because Ferguson did so much to promote the game before Black Friday -- over a decade or so -- he still is kind of poker royalty.

With that in mind, if I were going to the WSOP, I'd bring along an 8x10 color glossy for him to autograph, so that I could keep it as a memento.

I've included a copy here for you to use if you feel likewise. Or even if you are angry at him up to the point of apoplexy. Approaching him and asking him to sign it would, IMO, be potentially psychically liberating.

In any event, check it out and let me know what you think.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 573
Size:  52.7 KB

My bad. It's a square pic.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 06-14-2016 at 02:44 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Fergi was playing Event # 20 $10,000 seven card razz..He was Busted by BonoDick

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Fergi tryed to dodge me but I found him in Event #23 $2000 NL and he hit the rail..........sweet ride fuckhead im sure he will sneak in to the horse event now

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Fergi is in Event #24 $10,000 HORSE Championship
    Slapnuts made Day 2 with 157,000 chips in 22nd place................Pls Bust

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Fergi Busted 26th for $15,088 In Event #24 $10,000 HORSE Championship....................Atleast the Sob Busted

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Fergi Has cashed 5 times so far in this year's wsop "Player Blood Money"
    Name:  purebs.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  33.7 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric
    watching this jerk on the live stream-- they announced on the stream that Ray Bitar is on Ferguson's rail. After Ten Minutes they retract -- saying it is somebody who looks just like Ray Bitar

If druff or anyone is at the Rio -- this needs to be confirmed. He can't be there -- his heart will not be able to take the excitement
    Last edited by ltrainkoja; 06-25-2016 at 09:13 PM.

Thread Information