Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Friend beat up outside his Wynn Casino Suite....

  1. #1

    Friend beat up outside his Wynn Casino Suite....

    Got a friend that in 2009 he had the shit kicked outta him and him spending 5 days in the hospital. He had kept silent bout a lot of this due to legal actions being placed, but since that's no longer a concern of his, he decided not to be silent anymore.

    Can check out what he has to say here: His FB Page!

    There's a lil bit like this didn't happen or that he didn't goto anyone bout this... but he did... He actually was HU with Johnny Chan (and no... D's not from NY.. he's from Chicago... went to HS with him) What was said is in the 10th paragraph here. Johnny and Jimmy

    He just wants everyone to hear that there's a lot of stuff like this going on at the Wynn, and this wasn't the 1st time it's happened. He wants to do interviews and everything like that as well..

    RTK

  2. #2
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    6325
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41,735
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by RTKabuto View Post
    Got a friend that in 2009 he had the shit kicked outta him and him spending 5 days in the hospital. He had kept silent bout a lot of this due to legal actions being placed, but since that's no longer a concern of his, he decided not to be silent anymore.

    Can check out what he has to say here: His FB Page!

    There's a lil bit like this didn't happen or that he didn't goto anyone bout this... but he did... He actually was HU with Johnny Chan (and no... D's not from NY.. he's from Chicago... went to HS with him) What was said is in the 10th paragraph here. Johnny and Jimmy

    He just wants everyone to hear that there's a lot of stuff like this going on at the Wynn, and this wasn't the 1st time it's happened. He wants to do interviews and everything like that as well..

    RTK
    What is the actual story here?

    I doubt that Wynn employees just decided to randomly kick his ass because they didn't like his face.

    Was he drunk? Was he causing a disturbance? Did he perhaps strike first, or make other threatening motions?

    A lot of times the "victims" in these situations aren't actually victims -- much like many people claiming police brutality.

    It's sad, because there ARE legitimate cases of casino security going too far, just as there are legitimate police brutality cases. But I'd need to understand more before I could automatically sympathize with him.

  3. #3
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    6325
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41,735
    Blog Entries
    2
    Some of this also involves using your head when you get in confrontations like this.

    When I got kicked out of a certain casino for card counting, 5 security guards (plus a manager) surrounded me in a circle. One had a Polaroid camera (this was in 2002), and snapped a picture of me.

    They asked for my ID. I refused to give it, but volunteered to leave the premises if they wanted.

    They asked why I wouldn't give it. I said, "Because it's my right not to."

    However, I kept my hands DOWN at my sides the entire time, because I didn't want to give them an excuse to say that I was attacking them and just defending themselves. When they took my picture, I didn't try to throw my hands up and cover my face. I just let them do it.

    Basically if you are clear that you are completely non-threatening, not only will that lower your chances of being attacked, but it will also win you a lawsuit if they do attack you and the security tapes are seen.

    Again, no idea what happened here, but I'd be interested to hear the story.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Some of this also involves using your head when you get in confrontations like this.

    When I got kicked out of a certain casino for card counting, 5 security guards (plus a manager) surrounded me in a circle. One had a Polaroid camera (this was in 2002), and snapped a picture of me.

    They asked for my ID. I refused to give it, but volunteered to leave the premises if they wanted.

    They asked why I wouldn't give it. I said, "Because it's my right not to."

    However, I kept my hands DOWN at my sides the entire time, because I didn't want to give them an excuse to say that I was attacking them and just defending themselves. When they took my picture, I didn't try to throw my hands up and cover my face. I just let them do it.

    Basically if you are clear that you are completely non-threatening, not only will that lower your chances of being attacked, but it will also win you a lawsuit if they do attack you and the security tapes are seen.

    Again, no idea what happened here, but I'd be interested to hear the story.

    I'll get him to relay the story to me, but what he's saying also, there's been more than one occasion that this has happened to someone. Further details to follow when I get them more

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by RTKabuto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Some of this also involves using your head when you get in confrontations like this.

    When I got kicked out of a certain casino for card counting, 5 security guards (plus a manager) surrounded me in a circle. One had a Polaroid camera (this was in 2002), and snapped a picture of me.

    They asked for my ID. I refused to give it, but volunteered to leave the premises if they wanted.

    They asked why I wouldn't give it. I said, "Because it's my right not to."

    However, I kept my hands DOWN at my sides the entire time, because I didn't want to give them an excuse to say that I was attacking them and just defending themselves. When they took my picture, I didn't try to throw my hands up and cover my face. I just let them do it.

    Basically if you are clear that you are completely non-threatening, not only will that lower your chances of being attacked, but it will also win you a lawsuit if they do attack you and the security tapes are seen.

    Again, no idea what happened here, but I'd be interested to hear the story.

    I'll get him to relay the story to me, but what he's saying also, there's been more than one occasion that this has happened to someone. Further details to follow when I get them more
    LOL at creatinng this thread without even knowing what the fuck happened....

  6. #6
    The jist of it was he had the shit beat outta him by wynn employees outside of his suite, and was in the hospital for 5 days. And from what he had said it's not the 1st time something like this has happened to someone there.

    As far as specifics, I'll relay them when I know a lot more.

  7. #7
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    6325
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41,735
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by RTKabuto View Post
    The jist of it was he had the shit beat outta him by wynn employees outside of his suite, and was in the hospital for 5 days. And from what he had said it's not the 1st time something like this has happened to someone there.

    As far as specifics, I'll relay them when I know a lot more.
    Yeah, please give us more detail when you can.

    Beating him up in front of his suite when he is loud, aggressive, and threatening = JUSTIFIED

    Beating him up in front of his suite just because the employees where power-hungry assholes who just didn't like him = TERRIBLE

    Huge difference between these two, so I'd like to know what happened.

  8. #8
    Walking Image Library
    Reputation
    387
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    However, I kept my hands DOWN at my sides the entire time, because I didn't want to give them an excuse to say that I was attacking them and just defending themselves. When they took my picture, I didn't try to throw my hands up and cover my face. I just let them do it.

    Basically if you are clear that you are completely non-threatening, not only will that lower your chances of being attacked, but it will also win you a lawsuit if they do attack you and the security tapes are seen.

    Again, no idea what happened here, but I'd be interested to hear the story.
    Yeah. Stuff like this can still happen:
    http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010...e-claim-65000/

    The IP guy involved in the incident had been fired(and successfully sued) for beating someone up at another casino. So...IP hires him?

    This guy knew the whole story, but I can't find his blog post about it. http://jimmyhoofa-lv.blogspot.com/ He may have outed the guy in the LVS comments but they have expired. His blog is pretty good -- mostly tales of BJ counting, tit pits, abandoned LV constructions sites, and comp rolling. He also has a jukebox at the bottom with the biggest selection of gambling and luck related songs I have seen. He has a really weird obsession with people who smoke.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Is Obama a friend or foe to online poker?
    By ShadyJ in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 12:17 PM
  2. Steve Wynn vs Joe Francis
    By Yebsite in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-11-2012, 05:48 AM
  3. Wynn to Introduce 6 Max Live Games
    By SpewArtist in forum Poker Community Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 12:30 AM
  4. Old friend of mine shot in the head - killed
    By devidee in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 07:37 PM
  5. DRUFF YOU DONT SUE YOUR BEST FRIEND
    By delaware in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 05:47 PM