Thread: My Dog was put down today

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

My Dog was put down today

I'm not much for sorrow threads so if reading this sort of thing is upetting to you then read no further.

I'm walking my dog for maybe the last time and a man passes without a word or eye contact. Happens all the time but when he is past us he blurts out the following.
    "Voitre chien est court" There's an immediate affect on my dog but not knowing French I have no idea what is going on. Then I remembered. Google Translate! I type in the phrase and am astounded that this fellow member of the human race has just declared that my dog is short! Now, to be fair, Scottish Terriers are by no means lanky but they don't know this. With my dog in full fetal position and obv shaken I leave him and chase down this monster. Not knowing if I would be understood I simply say Why?..........Canadian?.....Quebecois?......Oui?
    And he looks me right in the eye and says " Sorry man, I thought you were a Yank".

Comments

nunbeater: you're like a rich man's bottomset

Load Metric
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Marty is going to be angry when he reads this thread.

Load Metric
    well, if you were able to make out the words, then one can assume the speaker was not native French....real French seem to spew out words fast and pronounce only the first half of any word such that none natives can't understand what was said

alors, votre chein domage
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    well, if you were able to make out the words, then one can assume the speaker was not native French....real French seem to spew out words fast and pronounce only the first half of any word such that none natives can't understand what was said

Real French? Don't know how true this is but I heard once the French Canadian clan or whatever, dates further back than dem guys in Paris.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Real French? Don't know how true this is but I heard once the French Canadian clan or whatever, dates further back than dem guys in Paris.
    i've heard similar...it seems the French spoken in Quebec is closer to the language spoken by Louis XIV than is the French currently spoken in Paris...the French in Quebec were relatively isolated geographically so their language had fewer outside influences to change it
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

i've heard similar...it seems the French spoken in Quebec is closer to the language spoken by Louis XIV than is the French currently spoken in Paris...the French in Quebec were relatively isolated geographically so their language had fewer outside influences to change it
    I know this will get shot down but why no big name rockers from Frank?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    Have a good cry

Oh, you were serious with the Malkmus /SP preference .

Probably shouldn't compare all aspects of their music but I can't put Corrigan on top of any head to head matchups with SM. I was impressesd when Corrigan played with Bowie at the latter's birtday party, so he can play well with others but he's a bit of a poser IMO and has a voice like a screaming Cambodian women after overhearing a man insult a dog.
    Last edited by limitles; 05-31-2016 at 06:05 AM.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Have a good cry

Probably shouldn't compare all aspects of their music but I can't put Corrigan on top of any head to head matchups with SM. I was impressesd when Corrigan played with Bowie at the latter's birtday party, so he can play well with others but he's a bit of a poser IMO and has a voice like a screaming Cambodian women after overhearing a man insult a dog.
    not to derail, but Malkmus can't sing either. I love pavement but there is an ongoing feud with SP and I have to side with SP since they are the greatest band of the 90's. They aren't indie or punk rock and that pisses off lots of people

Load Metric
    I'm not much for sorrow threads so if reading this sort of thing is upetting to you then read no further.

I'm walking my dog for maybe the last time and a man passes without a word or eye contact. Happens all the time but when he is past us he blurts out the following.
    "Voitre chien est court" There's an immediate affect on my dog but not knowing French I have no idea what is going on. Then I remembered. Google Translate! I type in the phrase and am astounded that this fellow member of the human race has just declared that my dog is short! Now, to be fair, Scottish Terriers are by no means lanky but they don't know this. With my dog in full fetal position and obv shaken I leave him and chase down this monster. Not knowing if I would be understood I simply say Why?..........Canadian?.....Quebecois?......Oui?
    And he looks me right in the eye and says " Sorry man, I thought you were a Yank".
    Shit sucks when a pet dies.. My cat had been sick for months despite several AntiBiotics and shit.. Even though hed gone blind he was still happy and purring till I went downstairs after getting up and he was just a lump on the floor of the hallway.. It was obvious he'd given up outta the blue.. So did the only thing I could.. Held him till he died 2 hrs later.. Yeah today is a shitty sucky day. He was between 16 1/2 and 17 and Id had him since Jan 2002. Basically I got him after my PTSD started showing up after 9/11. (Spent 3 days at the Pentagon back then. Lost a good friend in NY.. I quit Fire/EMS within 18 months because the shit was affecting me too much). I think back to all the shit he and I made it through including some crappy relationships and such but we still had each other. He knew when I was feeling like crap and would crawl up and purr in my ear trying to cheer me up.. I think that's what I'm going to miss most.. He may have been a cat but he was as loyal as a dog could ever be.. RIP little buddy,..

Name:  IMG_0143(2).JPG
Views: 210
Size:  1.24 MB

Comments

MumblesBadly:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

not to derail, but Malkmus can't sing either. I love pavement but there is an ongoing feud with SP and I have to side with SP since they are the greatest band of the 90's. They aren't indie or punk rock and that pisses off lots of people
    Two things. Sorry to anyone who has lost a friend in their pet. I wasnt thinking far ahead enough.

I didnt know about this band war but I know Pavement rips SP and others in a song which I now forget the name of.

Thread Information