Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Pelicans player Bryce DeJean-Jones accidentally breaks into wrong apartment, gets killed

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

New Orleans Pelicans player Bryce DeJean-Jones accidentally breaks into wrong apartment, gets killed

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/28/us/nba...hot/index.html

Weird story.

Bryce DeJean-Jones went to visit his girlfriend's new apartment for her daughter's 1st birthday. When he knocked, nobody answered. When he shouted to open the door, nobody answered.

He finally got angry that he was being "ignored", and kicked down the door.

Turned out it was the wrong apartment, and the terrified resident (who didn't understand what was going on), was waiting on the other side with a gun, and shot him dead when he kicked the door down.

Comments

donkdowndonedied: Cali folks need to realize Texas ain't California.

Load Metric
    skatz although I did like him at unlv

Load Metric
    Sounds plausible though. When I knock on someones door, I always kick it down if they don't answer and were expecting me.

Load Metric
    Why couldn't it be Garrett instead?

Comments

nunbeater: yes

Kuntmissioner: ROFL

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I'm waiting for all the black lives matter people to head to Texas

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/28/us/nba...hot/index.html

Weird story.

Bryce DeJean-Jones went to visit his girlfriend's new apartment for her daughter's 1st birthday. When he knocked, nobody answered. When he shouted to open the door, nobody answered.

He finally got angry that he was being "ignored", and kicked down the door.

Turned out it was the wrong apartment, and the terrified resident (who didn't understand what was going on), was waiting on the other side with a gun, and shot him dead when he kicked the door down.

CNN has a bit of a bad read there. This happened at 3am. Doubt there was a daughters bday party going on.

Most likely dude was drunk after chick had broken up with him, Darwinism hilarity ensues.

Better link:

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2016/05/b...ies-at-23.html

Load Metric
    Nothing weird about it.

He's obviously an abusive POS who deserved to get shot.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    sad story, not only for Jones, but also for the person who shot him...

the story as printed seems to justify the shooting as self-defense, but the police investigation will need to check out all parts of the story

the action recommended to me for such a circumstance (intruder breaking in) is to shout out through the door:

"Go Away, I have a gun, and the police have been called"...

in this instance, something like that may have saved the young man's life and spared the shooter the ordeal of the police investigation plus the weight his conscious will carry for the rest of his life.

Anyone have any other ideas about what the shooter could/should have done in that situation?

bottom line: keeping a gun in the home for self protection requires a lot of planning on how to use it to avoid needless bloodshed and legal liability...i strongly support responsible gun ownership and generally agree with many of the current restrictions that are law in California and Los Angeles--which combined are among the most stringent in the US.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Platinum
    Load Metric

Load Metric

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Aren't Pelican on the Endangered Species List? What kind of asshole shoots a Pelican?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Aren't Pelican on the Endangered Species List? What kind of asshole shoots a Pelican?

If only n-words were an Endangered Species.

Name:  tumblr_mtrouk84141rioxyio1_r1_500.gif
Views: 592
Size:  208.3 KB

Comments

IamGreek: Racist

herbertstemple: The way they breed?

Load Metric
    He had an argument with his girlfriend just prior to this. She went to her apartment one floor up on 4th floor. He was probably drunk and when he went to wrong floor thought she locked him out. He not only broke in the front door but was shot through the bedroom door. The shooter claims he called out, doesn't really matter.

As a Pelican fan, I'm saddened a little but no argument justified him breaking the door down at 3am or any time, even if she had locked him out.

If a 6' 5" black breaks into my apartment at 3am I would shoot also.

He just signed a 3yr contact for $2 mil. After playing on two 10 day contacts.

Of coarse his agent spins it like he was just at the wrong place at wrong time, when he was at exactly the place he wanted to be.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anchordraw View Post
    He had an argument with his girlfriend just prior to this. She went to her apartment one floor up on 4th floor. He was probably drunk and when he went to wrong floor thought she locked him out. He not only broke in the front door but was shot through the bedroom door. The shooter claims he called out, doesn't really matter.

As a Pelican fan, I'm saddened a little but no argument justified him breaking the door down at 3am or any time, even if she had locked him out.

Of coarse his agent spins it like he was just at the wrong place at wrong time, when he was at exactly the place he wanted to be.
    I read that he not only kicked in the front door but the bedroom door as well, hence him being six feet under now. I'm not saying the guy deserved what he got but he probably could have killed the woman if he was so irate to be kicking in two separate doors at 3 am. Nothing good happens at 3 am folks.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    By the way it was an ESTRANGED "girlfriend", not a current one who he had an ongoing relationship with.

6'5 nig kicks my door in and I have a gun there is only going to be one person walking out of that house alive.

Load Metric

Interesting you write 'if a 6'5 black breaks in' as if he were white you'd offer him a coffee and kindly explain he's breaking into the wrong apartment.

Shooting no matter what the color FTW

Comments

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: cogent
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    ""It's shocking this happened," Nichols said. "Wrong place, wrong time, I think."

IMO,This was Def. a case of "Right Place.wrong time" . I wondered what happened to the Homeowner?

Load Metric
    Sounds like a perfect "no charges" incident. In Texas, since almost everyone is armed, you act like a jerk and you get shot. Even though he wasn't armed, how is the shooter able to figure out his intentions? The funeral is the only thing left to arrange. I don't feel sorry for him, just his family.

Just noticed that this was from 2016. What happened, if anything, to the shooter criminally or civilly?

Relating this to the Guyger case, if the victim had shot Guyger, I don't think that I would have been in favor of charges against him. However, in the real world, he would have been prosecuted for murder.
    Last edited by JohnCommode; 10-02-2019 at 09:42 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

I read that he not only kicked in the front door but the bedroom door as well, hence him being six feet under now. I'm not saying the guy deserved what he got but he probably could have killed the woman if he was so irate to be kicking in two separate doors at 3 am. Nothing good happens at 3 am folks.
    LOL Eminem called this shit. Pooh wins the thread and a Slim Shady Hoodie

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    clicked link. went to cnn and found out that violet died from the original willy wonka. she was 62

can it u twit.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Thread Information