Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: So what happens to Vegas once Lake Mead dries up?

Load Metric
    Regarding fish, as flow decreases in the river, temperature rises, and the hotter water is, the worse it is at retaining oxygen. So all cold water fish are dead because they cant survive in hot water period, and all large active fish basically suffocate, and all the fish that rely on those for food starve and/or suffocate.

To illustrate how severe the issue is, I moved to Washington to fish the Puget Sound steelhead / salmon runs.

Global warming has basically made the rivers emptying into the sound hostile to life. So the fishing is shut down indefinitely in the hopes that somehow the salmon/steelhead will magically adapt. On top of which, the rising temperatures are taking seasonal algae blooms in the sound and super charging them, meaning even less oxygen for fish/crabs.

Diggity double fucked am I.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    This is where the Photoshop of tines face on a bear fishing in a stream happens

Load Metric
    And.then two black xx's on his eyes in the next pic to really have the global warming crisis hit home

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Regarding fish, as flow decreases in the river, temperature rises, and the hotter water is, the worse it is at retaining oxygen. So all cold water fish are dead because they cant survive in hot water period, and all large active fish basically suffocate, and all the fish that rely on those for food starve and/or suffocate.

To illustrate how severe the issue is, I moved to Washington to fish the Puget Sound steelhead / salmon runs.

Global warming has basically made the rivers emptying into the sound hostile to life. So the fishing is shut down indefinitely in the hopes that somehow the salmon/steelhead will magically adapt. On top of which, the rising temperatures are taking seasonal algae blooms in the sound and super charging them, meaning even less oxygen for fish/crabs.

But the good news about those algea blooms is that if they happen often enough, rich oil deposits will form there, and be a plentiful source of cheap energy in the future.

Oh, wait. That oil won't be ready for about 150 million years.

http://splash.abc.net.au/home#!/media/30933/?id=30933

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Also tines carbon footprint needs to account for the fact he's bought 4 711 pizzas and he's declared then "pretty good" on skatz

Load Metric
    quick reminder lol wow once killed cooked and ate an ornamental carp because jack in the box 86'd him for drunken belligerence.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Never happened

Load Metric
    So what happens to Vegas once Lake Mead dries up?
    the billionaires that own vegas will make the government pay billions of dollars to t boone pickens and ted turner for some of the water they own
    or hillary will reward the bush family for helping her get elected by paying them billions of dollars for some of the water they own in south america

this message is jesse ventura approved

Comments

rum dick: poor chris candido

Load Metric
    First i'd like to address the committee and say my name is Larry Laffer, and I have a brief statement for you.
    this is a key example of NON CLIMATE CHANGE enviornmental disasters. They've simply used up all the water in that lake, and it surely doesn't get enough rain fall to fill it. it's in the middle of the desert ffs. it does get fed by the colorado river, but guess what, VEGAS is booming baby. more people using water (not even wasting it per se, just more people using it) means LAKE DRIES UP faster than it can be replenished. It has nothing to do with climate change. Humans aren't meant to live in the desert like that. that place reminds me of the mars colony from Total Recall.

anyways, a key solution to this problem, would be a trans american pipleine that ships water from flooded areas to places that need it. so instead of the oil pipeline, we have a water pipeline that could say, prevent another Katrina disaster, while at the same time preventing what we see here with lake Mead.

thank you for your time.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    how many community college econ courses did you fail out of

Comments

rum dick: says the guy who buffs rocks for a living

Load Metric
    Because seriously that train is pulling into the station any minute now.
    I guess it's kinda interesting in a passing sort of way.

Cheap water and unlimited growth some kinda human right?

They need to choke their way back to a more reasonable presence in the middle of the fucking desert.

This reminds me of the idiots in Phoenix who used to build in old arroyo's and dry river beds. Ten years later these house get washed away. Tough shit.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Because seriously that train is pulling into the station any minute now.

They need to choke their way back to a more reasonable presence in the middle of the fucking desert.

This reminds me of the idiots in Phoenix who used to build in old arroyo's and dry river beds. Ten years later these house get washed away. Tough shit.

Not really. Just ask the folks who built on the coast in nj but chose not to buy flood insc. We covered them. And not just for new low interest loans. No personal responsibility any longer.

Platinum
    Load Metric

SHIT

Well, i guess im fortunate to be able to get the salmon/steelhead by Lake Michigan when im able to make it out fishing...

Comments

sonatine: salmon river in ny is legendary

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

Not really. Just ask the folks who built on the coast in nj but chose not to buy flood insc. We covered them. And not just for new low interest loans. No personal responsibility any longer.
    It's like the Flint Michigan water crisis. I have not yet understood why this is of any interest to me.

If it's worth saving fucking pay for it. If your kid is being poisoned I don't think you have do get paperwork to cross the border into some other state. I mean not until Hillary is the target of White House shootings.

The free market, natural selection & social Darwinism are dead.

Comments

rum dick: wait wat

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

It's like the Flint Michigan water crisis. I have not yet understood why this is of any interest to me.

If it's worth saving fucking pay for it. If your kid is being poisoned I don't think you have do get paperwork to cross the border into some other state. I mean not until Hillary is the target of White House shootings.

The free market, natural selection & social Darwinism are dead.
    Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, supersized.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    how many community college econ courses did you fail out of

it's simple fucking environmental science. but thats none of my business.

Comments

lol wow: its actually literally not and not something that would be affordable so what jr college did you fail out of
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    lol wow: its actually literally not and not something that would be affordable so what jr college did you fail out of

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Arrow

Apparently it's not all bad news. FOX scientists are predicting fewer drownings and many are optomistic that both Noah's Ark and a cure for cancer are just a few sunny days away.

Load Metric
    @lolwow
    hold on....you're telling me, that a question of "what happens to Vegas after Lake Mead dries up" isn't a question of environmental science.

you're saying the solution to problems like this, which we have, and can do, like build pipe lines that shuttle water from flooded areas to drought areas (if we can move oil, why can't we move water right?) isn't environmental science.

do you think the earth is flat? are you one of those people?

Comments

lol wow: Just no

George Steinbrenner

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just raise taxes on everyone and make it inexcessably.. That works..

Except for the bohemath beuracracy that will do it. Those offices are ice cold. But the rest of us will clammer around fans to save the planet. Lol..

At the environmental POW wow.. They all came in private jets , limousines and yachts lol.

Just tax my 2012 Pontiac g6. Lol
    Last edited by thesparten; 05-21-2016 at 09:59 AM.

Thread Information