Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: So what happens to Vegas once Lake Mead dries up?

Gold
    Load Metric
    We should have started cloud seeding yesterday, covertly to keep the chem trail whackos from knowing.

We are married to the petrodollar.

We need to divert our nuclear weapons stockpile to be used in the nuclear power plants.

We bioengineer our way out or go extinct, it's really that simple.

I'm antiwar and shit but if there's ever a regime change war I'd support it's Saudi Arabia. Why are we not stealing their oil.

We can use Sept 11th as justification, there's all kinds of recently released documents about Sept 11th. Prince bandar needs to be hunted down like Bin Laden.

Gold
    Load Metric
    The situation is worse than I expected. Check out the waterline in 2018 and even 2021, holy shit.

Here's a few interesting comments.
    I spent a decade auditing government agencies in cali - there's a law in cali - a water agency can't issue a 'will-serve' letter unless it has a secured 20-year supply of water for the house - socal water districts have issued tens of thousands of 'will-serve' letters knowing they had no secured water supply and the state water board has allowed the illegal activity - AND a few years ago the state water board revoked the Chromium 6 guidelines because so many water agencies were over the limit of C6 in their water that was considered safe - the laws were never reenacted and the C6 levels have gotten worse because the water basins have been depleted ..

The Colorado River Compact was based on inflated water predictions. The river is now more relied on by populations are 10x bigger than when the compact was signed. In a region with a climatic history of droughts lasting up to a hundred years

I've been hearing this as well from someone "in the know". Not only are the VERY seriously considering taking the turbines offline to stop letting water out, but because they are letting water out. One key to the dams strength is the water itself. The pressure of the water pushing the dam into the bedrock. With more than 1/4 of the dam above the waterline, the dam is facing stress it hasn't faced since it was built. They need to shut down the turbines and hold all the water in lake mead and allow it to refill

Load Metric
    probably nothing, no way we drop below support there.

definitely not all connected and absolutely nothing to see here.

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 12.37.44 PM.png
Views: 400
Size:  252.5 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 12.39.53 PM.png
Views: 393
Size:  214.2 KB
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    No one appreciates random more than me but even I can’t make a connection to Lake Mead with the above post.

More importantly, commodity futures pulling back? Que Pasa, ‘tine?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    No one appreciates random more than me but even I can’t make a connection to Lake Mead with the above post.

i was confused; i thought the whole central california farmland corridor was drawing from the same source as lake mead.

that the same weather patterns are destroying both is relevant but was not my point.

dairy and soy futures play heavily into californias water availability / weather exposure (as well as everyone elses).

Comments

Sanlmar: Suze Orman

lol wow: more like suze boreman IS THIS THING ON

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Oh, the Los Angeles / Cali shithole game?

Mind blown?

Name:  F0E555BA-05D5-4E1D-B618-8C0C756D9F28.jpeg
Views: 379
Size:  683.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Futures. Your mentality is fucking up the future.

Load Metric
    vegas is about 48 hours away from losing 36% of its electicity.

Load Metric
    can we now normalize peeing in sinks ive been doing it for years to save water like a hero

Comments

some user: making sacrifices.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    If this means the shutdown of the increasingly crime-ridden Fremont Street Experience, I support it.

Load Metric

Are you booking bets on that? And what are the terms and amounts you are suggesting?

I’m sure Dan will hold our monies.

Load Metric
    also hear me out first thing we should do is ban all soda fountain ice in western states the amount of water wasted at like circle ks and shit has to be mind boggling

Load Metric
    also its not doable but should be done you take longer than 6 minutes in the shower you get a warning to your phone 8 minutes is a fine 10 minutes they shut your water off for a day a 10 minute shower is fucking outrageous and should be punished

Load Metric
    these are all great ideas people

Platinum
    Load Metric
    It should be illegal to throw away water bottles that still have water in them....there has to be millions and millions of half full bottles in landfills and that water will never get back in the water cycle.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    If this means the shutdown of the increasingly crime-ridden Fremont Street Experience, I support it.
    Todd somehow always spots the silver lining. This time it's in the casket that's coming soon to a town near him.

Load Metric
    bro is les just out here death threatening you tbone

Load Metric
    Lake Mead is nearing dead pool status. The engineer for whom it was named would be 'horrified.'

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/envi...fied-rcna35030

The water level at Lake Mead was measured at 1,044.03 feet on Wednesday — the lowest elevation since it was filled in the 1930s.

If the reservoir drops below 895 feet — a possibility still years away — the lake would reach dead pool status, with potentially catastrophic consequences for millions of people across Arizona, California, Nevada and parts of Mexico
    The problem is the so-called "third straw" was made at 875 feet. Lake Mead is currently at 1,044 feet. They should have made it deeper.

Time to start the evacuation of Las Vegas and the surrounding areas, Henderson, North Las Vegas and all of Southern Nevada.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    It should be illegal to throw away water bottles that still have water in them....there has to be millions and millions of half full bottles in landfills and that water will never get back in the water cycle.
    Tbh, bottled water should probably be illegal. I’ve seen it takes over a gallon of water to produce a small bottled water or soft drink. I mean I’ve ran out of water late at night and sat there wondering if I should run out and have literally forgot it’s coming out of my faucet, when it’s all I did for the first 16 years of my life. Maybe longer? Can’t recall when bottled water became a real thing.

I’ve also read it’s horrible for the planet. Every two years we throw away enough bottles to reach to the sun if placed one on top of the other. It’s also absurd we spend more on water now than soda and pay soft drink companies to bottle shit from the tap and sell it to us. Yet won’t drink our own tap water. We are idiots.

Load Metric
    you cant recall when bottled water became a thing uh yea the 90s aka the greatest decade i assume youve seen my bush videos

Comments

BCR: Gavin was one handsome man.Excuse me, is.

Thread Information