Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Attention: DorkStar

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    It really chaps my ass when I see people defending Municipal police officers that have no other purpose than to bust people who happen to forget to change lanes without their turn signal and then ruin their lives.

The financial implications for even a suspended license affect low-income families More Than People realize

I managed to beat my case after hiring an attorney and waiting over a year in a shitbag little Podunk town

The police are not your friends they are here to victimize you and to extract money from your checking and savings account to pay for their over inflated salaries.

They sit in their cars cruising around pulling up license plate numbers and picking off chicken shit busts

Dorkstar tell your brother to SMD

I would respect the police a lot more if they were actually doing police work
    You're directing your anger at the wrong place.

The frivolous tickets cops write are due to intense pressure from their superiors, who in turn are under intense pressure from city/county government. If they don't meet quotas (which should be illegal), they get disciplined or fired.

That's the reality.

Corrupt city and county governments are to blame for the traffic infraction system being turned into a cash machine.

Regarding overaggressive or bullying police officers, yes, I agree that there are some out there. Unfortunately, it is tough to do that job without becoming an asshole who is distrusting of everyone. You constantly deal with the lowest of the low, and it's always in the back of your mind that the next guy you pull over might be a wanted criminal who will whip out a gun and blow you away.

Marty, I guarantee that if you had to work as a cop, it would change you. You would take a lower view of humanity than you already have.

I respect the police and the tough job they have to do.

I am not a bad cop apologist. There does need to be some change in police culture to where the bad apples are ostracized and weeded out. Right now, bad behavior is too accepted, and it's seen as a sort of brotherhood where they cover for one another. That has to stop.

However, ever since the vilification of the police began about 2-3 years ago, violent crime has risen in nearly all major US cities, after 23 consecutive years of decline. That's not a coincidence.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    It really chaps my ass when I see people defending Municipal police officers that have no other purpose than to bust people who happen to forget to change lanes without their turn signal and then ruin their lives.

The financial implications for even a suspended license affect low-income families More Than People realize

I managed to beat my case after hiring an attorney and waiting over a year in a shitbag little Podunk town

The police are not your friends they are here to victimize you and to extract money from your checking and savings account to pay for their over inflated salaries.

They sit in their cars cruising around pulling up license plate numbers and picking off chicken shit busts

The frivolous tickets cops write are due to intense pressure from their superiors, who in turn are under intense pressure from city/county government. If they don't meet quotas (which should be illegal), they get disciplined or fired.

That's the reality.

Corrupt city and county governments are to blame for the traffic infraction system being turned into a cash machine.

Regarding overaggressive or bullying police officers, yes, I agree that there are some out there. Unfortunately, it is tough to do that job without becoming an asshole who is distrusting of everyone. You constantly deal with the lowest of the low, and it's always in the back of your mind that the next guy you pull over might be a wanted criminal who will whip out a gun and blow you away.

Marty, I guarantee that if you had to work as a cop, it would change you. You would take a lower view of humanity than you already have.

I am not a bad cop apologist. There does need to be some change in police culture to where the bad apples are ostracized and weeded out. Right now, bad behavior is too accepted, and it's seen as a sort of brotherhood where they cover for one another. That has to stop.

However, ever since the vilification of the police began about 2-3 years ago, violent crime has risen in nearly all major US cities, after 23 consecutive years of decline. That's not a coincidence.

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 310
Size:  670.3 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

I'm out of rep points right now, but I would have neg repped your post! One of my nephews is a cop and he didn't have an abusive father or upbringing.
    he does have mumblesbadly as an uncle though

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post

That's the reality.

Quotas *are* illegal. The DoJ just isn't able to properly police the police departments that informally use them.

Also, how can you *unconditionally* say that you respect the police when you *know* that they arrest and ticket peole to meet quotas *and* close ranks to protect the bad ones? Seems like some cognitive dissonance is at work in your psyche.

Comments

DRK Star: The higher ranks demand more stops. The lower ranks tell them to fuck off and give fake stop reports. It's totally wrong. Doesn't mean ALL cops are bad because of political bullshit at the top.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Banned
    Load Metric

That's the reality.

Police are supposed to be civil servants and guardians of civility and safety.

Not bullies who focus on jamming up lower/middle class Americans who happened to let their insurance lapse, or failed to come to a complete stop at a stop sign

Most cops are hardly 'crime fighters'...they are nothing more than glorified security guards executing pedestrian tasks for cash strapped municipalities

In major metropolitan cities like NY, Chicago and L A......I have no doubt they have their hands full, and I fully support their right to enforce the law

I am referring more to these clowns who get off on flexing their police muscle in smaller towns where real crime is virtually nonexistent. Towns where cops are bored and the only means they have to make their ticket and arrest quotas is to fuck with people for minor infractions

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    DUI and resisting arrest aren't "minor infractions".

Comments

Goodpoop:

Load Metric

That's the reality.

I like a few of the points you made Druff. However, on the part that I bolded, it's a common fallacy that correlation equals causation. Also, I am curious where you got your data at because the majority of the resources I checked showed no increase and even a decrease in violent (as well as other) crimes.

Comments

DRK Star: Chicago is a perfect example of this. Punish/vilify cops, so they are afraid to do anything, so crime increases as the criminals are emboldened.

Load Metric

That's the reality.

Not bullies who focus on jamming up lower/middle class Americans who happened to let their insurance lapse, or failed to come to a complete stop at a stop sign

Most cops are hardly 'crime fighters'...they are nothing more than glorified security guards executing pedestrian tasks for cash strapped municipalities

In major metropolitan cities like NY, Chicago and L A......I have no doubt they have their hands full, and I fully support their right to enforce the law

I am referring more to these clowns who get off on flexing their police muscle in smaller towns where real crime is virtually nonexistent. Towns where cops are bored and the only means they have to make their ticket and arrest quotas is to fuck with people for minor infractions

It seems anecdotal to say that small town cops are like this but from my experience Tyde is exactly right. Living in the Midwest I have done my fair share of driving in the 'bible belt' states (Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri) as well as the southern states (Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida) and I have learned how to talk with the cops in these small towns as well as trying my best to never speed because as Tyde says, they really are in it for the money. The bigger cities are completely different and way more lenient.

Bronze
    Load Metric

That's the reality.

Driving without valid plates means you've got no insurance either and quite possible an invalid license and if you cause an accident and kill someone who going to pay for the costs. Also people driving around without valid plates are more likely to have committed other offense that they may or may not have warrants out for, they are more likely to be driving drunk/have drugs on them.

Comments

ftpjesus:

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post
    DUI and resisting arrest aren't "minor infractions".

Both bullshit charges dismissed

Keep basking in the glow of your brother

Im guessing you failed the qualifying process to be a cop

And no need to PM asking to have a drink with me .....not interested

Tell your cop brother to kiss my ass. ..or fulfill his pledge he took upon graduation from the academy.

I just hope he doesn't turn out to be another gun toting peacock looking for an opportunity to prove to his subject what a tough guy he is

I'm guessing he is a much bigger pussy than you are drk

Load Metric

REAL.

Comments

tyde: HOF

Goodpoop:
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Quotas *are* illegal. The DoJ just isn't able to properly police the police departments that informally use them.

Also, how can you *unconditionally* say that you respect the police when you *know* that they arrest and ticket peole to meet quotas *and* close ranks to protect the bad ones? Seems like some cognitive dissonance is at work in your psyche.
    the term police supervisors use is "Minimum Performance Standard" but it's a quota system for tickets just the same

Comments

tyde: Yup
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

the term police supervisors use is "Minimum Performance Standard" but it's a quota system for tickets just the same

Police are trained to maximize revenue....not to protect citizens or prevent crime

Load Metric
    Isnt it nutty that most of the people who hate the cops are people that have BROKEN LAWS?....
    This coming from a guy who has posted his extensive history of drug usage on the forums....

Comments

tyde: Geunine LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    TELL YOUR SCUMBAG BROTHER TO HONOR HIS OATH.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

sublime humor here folks

watch and learn

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What about rent a cops tho?

Comments

ftpjesus: Paul Blart rep

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

sublime humor here folks

watch and learn

real recognize real

Banned
    Load Metric
    Free jsearles

Banned
    Load Metric
    Cops are not cops to be servants of the people

They are bullies and assholes who are more than happy to put you into a chokehold before you say a word

Stop pulling struggling Americans over for expired registration and using DUI as your primary source of revenue you fucking assholes

Get out of your cruisers and talk to your communities and stop victimizing lower and middle class Americans for minor offenses.

Go solve some actual crimes FFS

Thread Information