Thread: Bovada +EV glitch

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Bovada +EV glitch

Playing Bovada yesterday and found an interesting mistake the site had created in a sit n go payout structure.
    They had a six max 15 dollar table listed as a triple up. However, they were paying 45 dollars to 3 spots! Needless to say I regged as many as I could and was able to profit 270 dollars before the site realized their mistake and shut them down. First time I have ever encountered such a thing. Anyone else take advantage? And am I ethically wrong for capitalizing on the glitch? First post for me. Long time radio listener.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I sort of mentioned this in the bovada bitcoin thread the other day about this special sng payout out but I didn't want to tip them off too quickly by saying what it was. They let everyone keep the money in those games for an error that ran for about 10 hours long which was essentially a 50% overlay in a sng.

They meant for that triple up sng to be a 9 man and not 6 man but haven't added it back in as a 9 man yet.

These were filling up about every 30 seconds whenever I registered one and this is one spot where Bovada is lucky to only allow people to play 4 tables because people would have fired 20+.

Even running bad if you went 2-2 in four games you make $34 and getting about 6 to 7 an hour is what you could expect would be my guess.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachZJT View Post
    Playing Bovada yesterday and found an interesting mistake the site had created in a sit n go payout structure.
    They had a six max 15 dollar table listed as a triple up. However, they were paying 45 dollars to 3 spots! Needless to say I regged as many as I could and was able to profit 270 dollars before the site realized their mistake and shut them down. First time I have ever encountered such a thing. Anyone else take advantage? And am I ethically wrong for capitalizing on the glitch? First post for me. Long time radio listener.
    Not unethical.

In 2014 and 2015, Bovada's payment processors were skimming small amounts ($15-$120) from some of my wire payouts. While this was small compared to the amount I was cashing out, I was still pissed.

This was NOT Bovada's doing, but rather their shady payment processors.

However, Bovada would NOT take responsibility for it. They kept trying to make BS excuses like "it's your bank charging fees" and "it's the international exchange rate difference", and when I proved these excuses to be false, they basically told me to eat shit and that they weren't going to do anything. After HOURS of fighting I got just ONE of these refunded, but they told me they wouldn't fix the others, and I should stop getting wires if I didn't like it.

I consulted other high limit players who found the same happened to them. They were all afraid to say anything (or felt it wasn't worth their time to complain).

So basically their processors were stealing small amounts from me, and Bovada didn't make it right. The only reason I still kept playing there was because they were the only reasonable option for limit holdem players like me in the US.

This seems to have stopped in 2016 (thankfully), but let's just say I don't have sympathy for Bovada when a player like you finds a small edge like this.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Cannot wait for regulated online poker to come to California. It's also tilting that when you make a deposit they charge a fee and then a few dollars gets added on plus the international transaction fee!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The way these games were taking off I wouldn't be surprised if at least 1k of them ran giving away 45 bucks each so Bovada definitely took a hit.

It's their responsibility to make sure the goons in charge of creating games do it properly but I'm surprised they let it go on for nearly a half a day.

Thread Information