Page 978 of 2148 FirstFirst ... 4788789289689749759769779789799809819829881028107814781978 ... LastLast
Results 19,541 to 19,560 of 42960

Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.50c1acfa057e

Yeah, I don't know. My guess is that Comey researched all this stuff before he put the ball in the motion. We'll see.

Either way though, can't we agree that this doesn't pass the smell test, and that someone just minutes out of his last position, and having held the other federal posts where he prosecuted others, should hold himself to a much higher standard? They can all go to federal prison as far as I'm concerned.
    Comey has done a lot of garbage things. No question. I'm never going to sing his praises. However, Trump made his bed. He went on TV and said he fired Comey over Russia, so we were going to be right where we are at with or without Comey's grandstanding.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Tl;dr2: Nominate a cunt nobody likes and get a bad result

I mean SFO but did you read the article? The general perception is that Democrats are the party that fucks over the working class, and Republicans are the ones guarding the middle class from ... whatever. And the unstated implication is that in a very real way Obama failed to educate his base on why the economy was shifting and how they can protect themselves, so they just assume "Oh Democrats were in power when I got fucked sideways so clearly Democrats fucked me".

Which is incredibly dangerous and almost impossible to course correct at this point.

The course correct started the minute they repealed Obamacare in the house, and there's not one single direction they can go with it to satisfy the differing parties. The economic changes that killed the middle class Reagan Democrats who Trump won back happened 25 and 30 years ago. He didn't win Ohio, Pa, Michigan over recent economic changes

He goes with RyanCare plan and they get slaughtered.

He does nothing but rebrand Obamacare, they were already getting squeezed and unhappy with it before, now you put the GOP name on it. Go too far and you lose every last one of those people who voted for you in the rustbelt. Don't go far enough and you lose all those garden variety conservatives who came along for the ride despite not being real Trump fans.

It's a poison pill they had to swallow to get all their tax breaks through.

All that MAGA rust belt white resentment and hatred of PC culture and BLM negroes goes out the window the day the first Trumpcare premium rolls in. Or the day they purge the rolls of Trump supporters off Medicaid and half their nephews drop dead of heroin overdoses and their premiums remain the same or tick slightly upward.
    Last edited by BCR; 06-08-2017 at 05:16 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Hordell View Post

"Separate sources with links to the intelligence and justice communities have stated that a sealed indictment has been granted against Donald Trump," wrote Mensch and Taylor at the Patribotics blog.

Mensch is easily dismissed as a conspiracy weirdo but a) she has a weird habit of hitting nails on the head and b) they are saying they have sources, and they generally dont say that when they are just spewing FPS_Russia caliber gibberish..
    Anything on this Sonatine after the Comey totally dismissed this?

Traditionally, a sealed indictment wouldnt be subject to public scrutiny, no matter how many plumbers object. Note that Comey also went through great lengths to indicate that Trump is under investigation for obstruction of justice.

Any discussion into that investigation or any sealed indictment would only occur in closed door sessions.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Not even close. The president is different. Congress determines if he broke the law. Comey is a private citizen. If what he did was a crime, he's going to be indicted.
    I doubt Comey will be charged. Technically he leaked classified information, but its his memo. Now, the memo is property of the government once he wrote it. I just think both parties, Democrat and Republican, just want this guy to go away. He really has been terrible. He really should be a politician, not an FBI Director. Like I said, I believe he is angling for a Judge Judy type TV role or a talk show. He is going to want to make money and a lot of it, that is for sure. I don' think the book route will be an option, nobody would buy it. But I think a Judge Jim role on daytime TV would have some legs.
    Comey is beset from all sides. But it is of his own doing. Regardless, he will go off and join a high power law or lobbying firm and make his millions.
    Last edited by Tellafriend; 06-08-2017 at 05:14 PM.

Load Metric

For starters, this liberal law professor:

https://jonathanturley.org/2017/06/0...-leaking-memo/

Did Comey Violate Laws In Leaking The Trump Memo?

1, June 8, 2017 jonathanturley Congress, Criminal law
    440px-Comey-FBI-PortraitOne of the most interesting new disclosures today in the Comey hearing was the admission by former FBI Director James Comey that he intentionally used a “friend” on the Columbia law faculty to leak his memos to the media. Comey says that he did so to force the appointment of a Special Counsel. However, those memos could be viewed as a government record and potential evidence in a criminal investigation.

richmanNotably, Columbia Law School Professor Daniel Richman on a faculty webpage reads that he is “currently an adviser to FBI Director James B. Comey.” Richman specializes in criminal law and criminal procedure.

The problem is that Comey’s description of his use of an FBI computer to create memoranda to file suggests that these are arguably government documents. Comey admitted that he thought he raised the issue with his staff and recognized that they might be needed by the Department or Congress. They read like a type of field 302 form, which are core investigatory documents.

The admission of leaking the memos is problematic given the overall controversy involving leakers undermining the Administration. Indeed, it creates a curious scene of a former director leaking material against the President after the President repeatedly asked him to crack down on leakers.

Besides being subject to Nondisclosure Agreements, Comey falls under federal laws governing the disclosure of classified and nonclassified information. Assuming that the memos were not classified (though it seems odd that it would not be classified even on the confidential level), there is 18 U.S.C. § 641 which makes it a crime to steal, sell, or convey “any record, voucher, money, or thing of value of the United States or of any department or agency thereof.”

There are also ethical and departmental rules against the use of material to damage a former represented person or individual or firm related to prior representation. The FBI website states:

Dissemination of FBI information is made strictly in accordance with provisions of the Privacy Act; Title 5, United States Code, Section 552a; FBI policy and procedures regarding discretionary release of information in accordance with the Privacy Act; and other applicable federal orders and directives.”

(click the link above for more)

The real news to me is that an FBI director was willing to go those lengths to send up a red flag about this nations executive state of affairs.

Maybe Sonatine, but wouldn't you also agree it could be his conscious eating at him for what he did to Hillary ?

Load Metric

Anything on this Sonatine after the Comey totally dismissed this?

Traditionally, a sealed indictment wouldnt be subject to public scrutiny, no matter how many plumbers object. Note that Comey also went through great lengths to indicate that Trump is under investigation for obstruction of justice.

Any discussion into that investigation or any sealed indictment would only occur in closed door sessions.
    So basically you spent a lot of time researching conspiracy blogs (between your trips to Thailand "on business"), and bought them hook line and sinker. Got it. Enjoy picking up seashells and collecting sea glass.

Comments

hongkonger: Biggest faggot ever

Load Metric

Either way though, can't we agree that this doesn't pass the smell test, and that someone just minutes out of his last position, and having held the other federal posts where he prosecuted others, should hold himself to a much higher standard? They can all go to federal prison as far as I'm concerned.
    Comey has done a lot of garbage things. No question. I'm never going to sing his praises. However, Trump made his bed. He went on TV and said he fired Comey over Russia, so we were going to be right where we are at with or without Comey's grandstanding.

Sure, and I'm not taking a position here with regard to Trump. I just aspire to more than the nut-low, but am usually let down; hence my dysphoria.

Load Metric

I doubt Comey will be charged. Technically he leaked classified information, but its his memo. Now, the memo is property of the government once he wrote it. I just think both parties, Democrat and Republican, just want this guy to go away. He really has been terrible. He really should be a politician, not an FBI Director. Like I said, I believe he is angling for a Judge Judy type TV role or a talk show. He is going to want to make money and a lot of it, that is for sure. I don' think the book route will be an option, nobody would buy it. But I think a Judge Jim role on daytime TV would have some legs.
    Comey is beset from all sides. But it is of his own making. Regardless, he will go off and join and high power law or lobbying firm and make his millions.
    Most law firms are ideological. Not sure who would throw a life preserver to him. You have a guy like him to attract clients, and his universally pissed off everyone. Plus he is a leaker by his own admission. I simply don't know what value he would have. He is just toxic right now. But to Hollywood, he would have some value. Don't discount a Judge Jim type role on daytime TV.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Why is nobody talking about tyde's first 4 figure score of the summer?

should have won it, but oh well

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    You did win it. First and second place were fraudulent players with fake cards.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Wow, what a fucking total nothing burger today. LOL. Hey Sonatine, how about those sealed indictments by a grand jury against Trump you boasted about a month ago? Remember that? The fucking FBI Director said he was never under investigation. Hello, Sonatine you home?

No people, I told you this was a sham, you wasted all this time for nothing. Where was all this Russian Collusion by Trump?

Comey came across as an enormous pussy today. Basically he said Trump had his way with him. Fuck him, this "investigation" was a witch hunt. Trump needs to get back to work, and continue to repeal Obama regulations and cut taxes for people like me.

Time and again I tell you people to listen to me, and you don't and lose a lot of money or waste a lot of time. One day you will learn.

#TeamHordell
    His tax cut won't benefit plumbers who drink wine from a box.

Comments

ToasterOven: fake tax cut for fake income, though
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric

Comey is beset from all sides. But it is of his own making. Regardless, he will go off and join and high power law or lobbying firm and make his millions.
    Most law firms are ideological.
    Hardly. Most law firms are profitable. The bottom line is what matters.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So the former head of the FBI said he was a weak, cowardly person who leaked privileged info to the press. The "smoking gun" is that trump "hoped" the Flynn investigation would end....oooh lock him up!

Not sure how anyone can float that as a win.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post

Wall will be built within 3 and a half years, should be completed by early 2019 securing trumps re election.

#MAGA
    how is this going by the way?
    It will probably be built right around the same time as Gitmo closing.

Load Metric

Most law firms are ideological.
    Jim Comey would not be going to a divorce firm. Or a patent firm. Or a tort firm. We can argue this all night, the bottom line is Jim Comey is not going to get some corner office in some firm. He craves the spotlight. He will go the Hollywood route, or do the Professor role and give endless speeches on his whole 4 months working for Trump. But he is not going to sit in an office.

I always will admire Jim Comey because he interjected himself into the Presidential Election and help ruin Hillary Clinton's campaign. So he is a true Patriot in my book even if he is misguided here. This will be soon forgotten, but his influence in the election will remain, and for that he is a hero.

Load Metric

The real news to me is that an FBI director was willing to go those lengths to send up a red flag about this nations executive state of affairs.

Maybe Sonatine, but wouldn't you also agree it could be his conscious eating at him for what he did to Hillary ?

Oh god yes, I think he's said point blank that hes more or less destroyed by the thought that he influenced an election, regardless of the direction.

But I dont think he would try to undermine a standing president unless circumstances were dire; this is literally hanging the flag upside down.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Jennifer Rubin (conservative) has announced that Comey's testimony is basically the President Pence theme song but honestly I just dont know if its not another attempt at wish fulfillment.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Jennifer Rubin (conservative) has announced that Comey's testimony is basically the President Pence theme song but honestly I just dont know if its not another attempt at wish fulfillment.

ya I wonder what the answer is after its been 0 for 40 so far

Load Metric

Jim Comey would not be going to a divorce firm. Or a patent firm. Or a tort firm. We can argue this all night, the bottom line is Jim Comey is not going to get some corner office in some firm. He craves the spotlight. He will go the Hollywood route, or do the Professor role and give endless speeches on his whole 4 months working for Trump. But he is not going to sit in an office.

I always will admire Jim Comey because he interjected himself into the Presidential Election and help ruin Hillary Clinton's campaign. So he is a true Patriot in my book even if he is misguided here. This will be soon forgotten, but his influence in the election will remain, and for that he is a hero.
    please believe me when i tell you that the way you use the terms "divorce firm, patent firm or tort firm" sound completely idiotic to anyone in the legal community. you are clearly a plumber and not educated.

you are also fucking retarded if you don't think comey will be heading up a white collar/corporate investigation practice group making 7 digits from literally any big firm he wants, whenever he wants. every big firm would kill to hire this guy. you just have no idea how big law works

Comments

Tellafriend: Yup

sonatine: an uneducated plumber

ToasterOven: plumbing the depths

hongkonger: This

gimmick:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I thought I heard a hint from Comey suggesting there was a reason, still classified, why it was decided he should drop the H bomb at such a crucial time in the election.

The closed door session is going to have the good stuff anyway

Guy's an eagle scout.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

ya I wonder what the answer is after its been 0 for 40 so far
    LOL. 0-40. One month ago half the posters in this thread were talking about Trump colluding with Putin. You don't hear that anymore now do you? Jim Comey is going to be Mr Irrelevant in a few days, and let me tell you, all the focus will go to Jared Kushner now. That will be the huge drama bomb the next month and then when that goes away, it will be Pete Sessions, and so on.

As long as Trump keeps reversing Obama policies and lowers my tax rate, I don't give a shit.

I will say this as a certain fact, if the economy is good in 2020 and there is no systemic ISIS blow ups on American soil, Trump will win in a landslide. Now, if the economy is in the tank or terrorism is on the streets, Trump will be on his way out. It does not get any simpler than that. It is fun though watching the Democrats hang on everything Trump does. To be fair, many on the left are making a boatload of money on Trump. Look at Rachel Maddow, she went from almost getting cancelled four years ago to the hottest show in her time slot, she will be getting paid.

Comments

hongkonger: You must be smoking that Cayman Islands stuff

Thread Information