Page 792 of 2147 FirstFirst ... 29269274278278878979079179279379479579680284289212921792 ... LastLast
Results 15,821 to 15,840 of 42927

Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    You gotta love how Trump speaks and the market booms the next day. It's happened a few times now with all the speculation hype his plans bring.
    Market has been "booming" since he got elected. Pretty much every CEO who matters has said he is a Godsend for the business climate, and the economy overall.

Oh but the CRASH IS COMING IT WILL BE ARMAGEDDON AND CHAOS IN THE STREETS!!!! LMAO.
    There will be a correction because there always is. It will have little/nothing to do with Trump or whoever is president. Presidents can cause short term emotional fluctuations but aren't much influence compared to the cyclical movements over time.
    HILLARY WON

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Market has been "booming" since he got elected. Pretty much every CEO who matters has said he is a Godsend for the business climate, and the economy overall.

Oh but the CRASH IS COMING IT WILL BE ARMAGEDDON AND CHAOS IN THE STREETS!!!! LMAO.
    There will be a correction because there always is. It will have little/nothing to do with Trump or whoever is president. Presidents can cause short term emotional fluctuations but aren't much influence compared to the cyclical movements over time.
    Riggghht.

Short term emotional fluctuations = day after a speech bump.

Not short term fluctuations = Market up 17% over a 4 month period since he got elected.

"If we were to go in 70/30 [for Clinton], and we think the market is 10 percent higher under Clinton than Trump, if Clinton wins it should be up about 3 percent and if Trump wins, it should go down 7 percent," said Eric Zitzewitz, economics professor at Dartmouth College. He and Justin Wolfers of the University of Michigan studied the market effect of the first debate in a Brookings paper. Clinton's odds in the prediction markets had been closer to 80 percent, and at that level, a Trump victory would have triggered an 8 to 10 percent sell-off, he said.
    Either way he is +TWENTY FIVE PERCENT compared to what the liberal "experts" claimed LOLOLOL. That is only triliions and trillons of dollars no big deal!

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    You gotta love how Trump speaks and the market booms the next day. It's happened a few times now with all the speculation hype his plans bring.

Market usually reverses the trend when a new president takes over. George Bush took over at the top of the dot com bubble. Crashed 2 months after he won. Obama took over at the end of the bear market, bottomed 2 months after he won. I suspect we will get a deep correction starting this month. When you got a president bragging about the market going up 3 trillion in value since he won the election, it is time to get cautious. I launched a decent chunk of change on puts today near the close that expire March and April. Puts on jpm, gs, aapl, fb, ba, and mcd. I am degenerate gambler so don't follow my lead.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

We've been there before, it didn't turn out good

The 1986 Regan Administration offered amnesty, but because the law had no meaningful penalties for employers of illegals, it failed...politicians cracking down on contribution paying businesses is a myth...the net result of the 1986 law was to encourage more illegal entry.
    During Reagan's admin, the meatpacking biz started moving operations away from big Midwestern cities, which had union workers, to rural parts of the Midwest were they could hire mostly illegals without fear of raids by immigration inspectors. This strategy destroyed the bargaining power of the unions in that biz. No need for the company to wave the NAFTA flag on that one.

Backing this up: In the early 2000s, I had a phone interview for an academic position with a small-town state college in Iowa in which the recruiting prof mentioned how the town had a huge number of Mexicans living there working at the nearby meatpacking plant. Their numbers had blossomed with the opening of that plant about a decade or so earlier, and they made up more than 50% of the permanent residents, and the annual Cinco de Mayo festival/parade was the biggest event of the year. The recruiting prof shared this with me in advance of a campus visit because some candidates they had brought to town were turned off by the large Mexican population, thinking they instead would be in a mostly white Iowa small town.
    El Gallo: Mexicans don't celebrate cinco de mayo

In Mexico, they don't. But in the US, a lot do. What was a marketing gimmick by a beer company got appropriated as an important day to celebrate their heritage by a lot of Mexican-Americans here in the States.

http://vinepair.com/wine-blog/how-co...rican-holiday/
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    HWG ANOTHER ROUND OF PLAYING THE RUSSIA CARD!!!

Name:  Funny-Vomit-people-14-140x140.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  8.9 KB

Platinum
    Load Metric
    What a perfect opportunity for Trump to replace Sessions. That guy is absolutely toxic to any hope for Trump to have a "successful" presidency. So Sessions was chatting with the Russians too huh, hmmm.

Load Metric
    I hope that little hillbilly has to resign

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

Market usually reverses the trend when a new president takes over. George Bush took over at the top of the dot com bubble. Crashed 2 months after he won. Obama took over at the end of the bear market, bottomed 2 months after he won. I suspect we will get a deep correction starting this month. When you got a president bragging about the market going up 3 trillion in value since he won the election, it is time to get cautious. I launched a decent chunk of change on puts today near the close that expire March and April. Puts on jpm, gs, aapl, fb, ba, and mcd. I am degenerate gambler so don't follow my lead.
    Very much agree with your line of thinking on this. I've been exclusively invested in health care for the past 6 months as it mean reverted, but now seems to have become fairly valued for the time being.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Riggghht.

Short term emotional fluctuations = day after a speech bump.

Not short term fluctuations = Market up 17% over a 4 month period since he got elected.

"If we were to go in 70/30 [for Clinton], and we think the market is 10 percent higher under Clinton than Trump, if Clinton wins it should be up about 3 percent and if Trump wins, it should go down 7 percent," said Eric Zitzewitz, economics professor at Dartmouth College. He and Justin Wolfers of the University of Michigan studied the market effect of the first debate in a Brookings paper. Clinton's odds in the prediction markets had been closer to 80 percent, and at that level, a Trump victory would have triggered an 8 to 10 percent sell-off, he said.
    Either way he is +TWENTY FIVE PERCENT compared to what the liberal "experts" claimed LOLOLOL. That is only triliions and trillons of dollars no big deal!
    Ummm well there was a sell off and for dow futures it bottomed out at about 5%. Pretty much all they said was that if Trump wins markets will go down and that is exactly what happened.

At the time there was some confusion about the populist stuff Trump had said. Fairly soon it became apparent that that was just stuff he said to get elected. Swamp would be filled with swamp all stars. Pesky regulations would soon be gone. Massive tax cuts for the rich and redistribution of tax payers money to corporations would be turned up to 11. All that good stuff. How hard he's going for the protectionism aspects will be seen (or does any support for it exist even). Anyway it's obv markets are going to go up as it's obv they are destined to crash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

CARMINATIVE MUCH

Comments

thesidedish: This is about farting??
    “I believe the simplest explanation is, there is no God. No one created the universe and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization that there probably is no heaven and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful.”
    Stephen Hawking

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

no matter what you think about the russian connection, sessions blatantly perjuring himself was not a good idea

question by al franken: “If there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?”

answer by jeff sessions: "Senator Franken, I’m not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.”

for those that don't know, sessions now admits with russian diplomats but in his capacity as a senator, not campaign spokesman, which is a pretty horrendous spin job.

he should have just been open about speaking to russian diplomats and this story would not exist. now, no matter how innocent the conversations were, it basically forces a further investigation

Comments

JimmyG_415: Exacrly, he went out of his way, to lie

MumblesBadly: Bottom line: Putin got his guy elected, and racism Islamaphobic fucksticks like Sessions helped assure the Russkies that Trump was their man.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

You do realize why the equity market is rallying so much while the bond market is getting bitch slapped, right? The thought is that there will be inflation, a corporate tax change that will affect the top tier companies and a rising rate environment. Meaning if you're an equity holder, which in all purposes is a floating rate product, you are loving life as your returns will be inflated. As for the more high yield / distressed companies, while they won't benefit much from the whispers around the tax reform and will actually get hurt by the interest deductibility going away, a higher inflation environment is better for them as their current liabilities all of a sudden become cheaper!!!

So yea, as long as the expectation and actuality is that there is higher future inflation and increased rates than the market will continue to rally... any "correction" you are expecting will be driven by the fed doing a suicide attack or there not being any tax reform (which I'd be willing to be there is).

Alao, your puts are a very bad decision. Fins are rallying so hard because banks make more revenue when rates are higher. The correlation of a raising rate environment to bank stocks is very high and I don't see rates coming down anytime soon. Also, rumors on the new tax plan also is predicting that financials will be excluded from the interest deductibility provision wbich would be very very nice. So yea if you wanna put more money on a shortish play pm me I'll give you a nice price and we can escrow with todd.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Solid analysis. Good job!
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Platinum
    Load Metric
    How can you not prosecute Sessions.

He just couldn't wait to fill up the private prisons w stoners for his corporate owners. Not once did he ever think about the devastation his actions caused for other people and their families. Rattlesnakes have more heart and compassion than him.

Republicans always put party over country, they'll let Sessions stay on as AG.

Even Alex realizes Session's war on pot will devastate Trump's presidency. Trump, Sessions and the entire GOP for that matter put their corporate donors interests above the peoples interest. How can Alex not know this geeez.

im out
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 03-02-2017 at 06:08 AM.

Load Metric
    "Even Alex"? Did you 2 switch sides?

I'm sure all these people explaining that Sessions didn't talk about the campaign, would be totally backing up Hillary, if a 2nd person in her cabinet, lied, then when caught, said the meeting was legit.

Rachel Maddow is circling in
    Trump bought a house in FL for 40 mil in 2006
    Sold it to Putin's Oligarch Buddy, Dmitry Rybolovlev.
    A guy so rich, he has like the biggest divorce settlement of all time.
    for 100m. 150 % increase at a time when the rest of the countries RE was in a free fall. (and when he supposedly owed Deutsche bank, a proven Russian launderer, 40m,)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmitry_Rybolovlev
    Trump has claimed that the sale of Maison de L'Amitié, which he purchased for $40 million and sold to Rybolovlev for $100 million, is the only dealing he has done with a Russian..................In May 2014, the divorce made headlines when a Geneva court awarded Rybolovlev's ex-wife a record settlement of $4.8 billion.

Its time for the WH to drop this "fake news" any time Russia comes up.
    Manifort alone is cause for an investigation, then add Flynn, Sessions & his lawyer Cohen?, ...........................Wilbur Ross is next.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...sian-ties.html

Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    How can you not prosecute Sessions.

He just couldn't wait to fill up the private prisons w stoners for his corporate owners. Not once did he ever think about the devastation his actions caused for other people and their families. Rattlesnakes have more heart and compassion than him.

Republicans always put party over country, they'll let Sessions stay on as AG.

Even Alex realizes Session's war on pot will devastate Trump's presidency. Trump, Sessions and the entire GOP for that matter put their corporate donors interests above the peoples interest. How can Alex not know this geeez.

im out
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    It's very obvious these jokers thought putting Sessions in as Attorney General would ultimately block any investigation into the ties with Russia. They are going to fight tooth and nail to make sure he does not have to resign. What happens next is going to determine whether or not the full scope of what actually went down will be known or covered up.

Sessions has already proven to be a nightmare for this Administration and I really wonder if they knew what they were getting themselves into with him. They most likely did considering he's been a public figure for decades and is a well-known piece of shit, but I question a lot of the knowledge of the people that fed Trump information and also maybe didn't explain to him the full scope of what he was actually getting himself into with some of these cabinet picks.

I honestly don't think Trump is nearly as bad as a lot of people think he is, but the people he has surrounded himself with are worse than what most people think they are.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    It's very obvious these jokers thought putting Sessions in as Attorney General would ultimately block any investigation into the ties with Russia. They are going to fight tooth and nail to make sure he does not have to resign. What happens next is going to determine whether or not the full scope of what actually went down will be known or covered up.

Sessions has already proven to be a nightmare for this Administration and I really wonder if they knew what they were getting themselves into with him. They most likely did considering he's been a public figure for decades and is a well-known piece of shit, but I question a lot of the knowledge of the people that fed Trump information and also maybe didn't explain to him the full scope of what he was actually getting himself into with some of these cabinet picks.

I honestly don't think Trump is nearly as bad as a lot of people think he is, but the people he has surrounded himself with are worse than what most people think they are.
    So you think Eric Holder, a known hack was better than Sessions? I understand you are shitting bricks that Trump might bankrupt your company. But try not to make ridiculous blanket statements that all Republicans are bad and all Democrats are good. You sound more and more like Dirty B lately. I get it, your shit is about to be packed in and you are nervous and pissed.

Comments

MumblesBadly: True that Holder was a corporate hack who implemented Obama's disastrous understated policy of not even investigating the fraud-perpetrating banksters.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    All those who bet $1 million on vegas1369 running with the sessions/russia story today can now collect ur 30 cents, hit me up

Load Metric
    Oh my.... Sessions recuses himself from Russian investigation.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/02/politi...all/index.html
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post
    Oh my.... Sessions recuses himself from Russian investigation.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/02/politi...all/index.html

Does the act of recusing himself from the issue=independent special prosecutor, or does it mean it will be handled by another lackey underling from his own office?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Piss sessions off so he becomes more of a dick as AG, MAKE IT HAPPEN

Comments

FPS_Russia: This is the mind set of the modern GOP. It doesn't matter what's right or wrong, true or false, just be a dick to the people you represent is all that matters. What's wrong you guys?

Thread Information