Page 778 of 2147 FirstFirst ... 27867872876877477577677777877978078178278882887812781778 ... LastLast
Results 15,541 to 15,560 of 42927

Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Limitles, No. I am a technical trader of my own account. Which is to say I am a gambler. I generally view establishment finance as the dumb money. I struggle mightily not to think on my own however and just trade what I see.

Mumbles, Aside from the arcane lesson do you have a point? Sure, constitutional republic.

I offered a little sizzle.

The founders' misgivings about democracy were spot-on. The republic they gave us has been corrupted and possibly lost forever.

Your move
    Hardly. The republic they gave us was designed to only be partially responsive to the interests of average citizens. Based on who was allowed to vote back in their day (usually only property holders), and the federal form of government with the states keeping a lot of their power, the modern popular conception of how democratic our government should be is a populist delusion fed to us by a sentimental press.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Limitles, No. I am a technical trader of my own account. Which is to say I am a gambler. I generally view establishment finance as the dumb money. I struggle mightily not to think on my own however and just trade what I see.

Mumbles, Aside from the arcane lesson do you have a point? Sure, constitutional republic.

I offered a little sizzle.

The founders' misgivings about democracy were spot-on. The republic they gave us has been corrupted and possibly lost forever.

Your move
    Hardly. The republic they gave us was designed to only be partially responsive to the interests of average citizens. Based on who was allowed to vote back in their day (usually only property holders), and the federal form of government with the states keeping a lot of their power, the modern popular conception of how democratic our government should be is a populist delusion fed to us by a sentimental press.
    WTF with the civics lesson? There isn't a person on this forum who believes we have a direct democracy. Even the Brits get it.

I'll parse out my post - again. It was a little sizzle as a entre to my post. Hyperbole of sorts. A post where I splashed a little attitude and opinion. (Something you rarely do)

I freshened my response with "republic" and apparently we have a double session of Civics class in case anyone missed the first one.

Generally no one is here to learn anything which makes your whole effort a wot. We come here to spout nonsense and let off steam. Most of us are not the idiots you seem to feel we are.

Democracy- 2 wolves and a lamb go to the polls.

Comments

Mintjewlips: You're arguing with a pseudo intellectual that drives an 18 wheeler who literally gets his knowledge from books on tape.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Riots were in Rinkeby. It's been a shithole since the 80s. They might have a Syrian refugee living there by accident but it's still a stretch that mongs are trying to tie anything happening there to immigration from 2015-2016.

It's an area that was built as a part of Million Programme in the 70s when Swedish government built "high rises" (by northern standards) for million families. Houses built in Rinkeby were for the lowest income families.

It's barely news that there's some civil unrest on any given week.

Ps. If you really wanted to sell the horrors of immigration story, you should look for Malmo in Sweden. With minimal research you'd have propaganda that writes itself. They've averaged something silly like one grenade related incident a week for the last 2 years. It shouldn't be too hard to tie that to "wake of muslim immigration problems". It's mostly just an escalation of a bar fight from 2008 between Albanian and Serbian bosniak criminal gangs but that's a minor detail.

"Swedish style? No. Yugoslavian style? Of course not. It has to be Zlatan-style."
    Rosengård is one of the aforementioned 15 high crime areas. That's where Zlatan was born. His parents came to Sweden in 1977 about 15 years before 100k refugees came from the former Yugoslavia. Civil wars tend to get messy with ethnic cleansing goodness while international community helps by dumping small arms to the area and occasional humanitarian missiles. That's also where a lot of the weapons and explosives that have been used in Sweden come from. Criminal gangs that were formed in the mid 90's still have their connections to former Yugoslavia.

Oh and everything i've said about immigration in the last few pages is just about the concentrated effort of the far right to try to tie events that have no connection to the latest huge refugee wave to Sweden. I don't personally think it's a very good idea to accept 200k asylum seekers in a short period of time to a nation of 10 million. If Sweden sucks as much as they traditionally have in integrating them, there are bound to be problems ahead. And i do find it silly that any comparison is drawn between US accepting 65k refugees with a population of 300 million with Sweden's numbers being 90 times that (3x refugees and 30 times smaller population).

Historically Sweden, Germany and France have all benefited from immigration. With Sweden they had sizable labor shortage in the 50s/60s and large scale immigration helped build that country. Today they have issues with unemployment and the loss of many of the low-skill jobs. Basically as nation they no longer have a need for additional workers. If they wanted to help Syrian refugees for humanitarian reasons they could take care of their feeding, housing etc. in areas like Jordan for something like 20-30 times smaller costs. It would likely be best for all parties involved.

Comments

BCR: Good stuff. I find the Sweden stuff amusing given, historically, 90% of refugee violence is probably his wife's distant cousins.

Baron Von Strucker: Swede's are mostly a bunch of drunken loons

Load Metric
    Well Mintjewlips, looks like you were right about the Trump administration and recreational marijuana.

So basically, they are for states rights unless they disagree with what the state is trying to do, even though of course it was voted on just like the presidential election.

This will not go well for them if this is how they ultimately want to proceed, but at the same time it's going to make life very difficult for guys like me.

I truly despise these people and anyone that voted for them.

Comments

FPS_Russia: I was just reading some shit on Jeff Sessions and the private prisons, wtf. Long story short, never ever ever ever vote Republican, EVERRR!

OSA: youre welcome

big dick: hope it all works out for you vegas. Fuck em

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Well Mintjewlips, looks like you were right about the Trump administration and recreational marijuana.

So basically, they are for states rights unless they disagree with what the state is trying to do, even though of course it was voted on just like the presidential election.

This will not go well for them if this is how they ultimately want to proceed, but at the same time it's going to make life very difficult for guys like me.

I truly despise these people and anyone that voted for them.
    expound on this please, i need to know whether or not i have to stock up on jack herer this weekend.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    its worth noting that you can easily get 3 different answers to the same question from trump, spicer, and sessions.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    its worth noting that you can easily get 3 different answers to the same question from trump, spicer, and sessions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Trump
    "In terms of marijuana and legalization, I think that should be a state issue, state-by-state,"
    October 2015.
    Please, tell us more Donald.

Load Metric
    Just so disgusted.

This scumbag actually just compared and tied in recreational marijuana to the opiate epidemic our country is facing.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Trump ran and won as a populist. It is not popular to "go after" weed. The end.

http://observer.com/2017/02/donald-t..._medium=social

The one thing which might give him pause are the political ramifications. With Trump already facing significant backlash for his immigration policy and controversial executive orders, going after marijuana and against the will of the millions of Americans who voted for it this past November would almost be politically suicidal.

Load Metric
    When will tourist information be reported. So many people I talk to are changing vacation plans, selling their properties in Florida and Arizona to gtfo. People all over the world are doing the same, global conferences are already being rescheduled to travel friendly countries. 'Brown' professionals are relocating out of the USA in flocks. Canadian tech firms are overwhelmed with applicants. Doctors fleeing. How long will a capitalist country run by billionaires allow this to happen? This has to hurt Trumps own business doesn't it? How the fuck does a country the size of the USA lose a war to 14 guys with 2 planes. Such crazy shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    When will tourist information be reported. So many people I talk to are changing vacation plans, selling their properties in Florida and Arizona to gtfo. People all over the world are doing the same, global conferences are already being rescheduled to travel friendly countries. 'Brown' professionals are relocating out of the USA in flocks. Canadian tech firms are overwhelmed with applicants. Doctors fleeing. How long will a capitalist country run by billionaires allow this to happen? This has to hurt Trumps own business doesn't it? How the fuck does a country the size of the USA lose a war to 14 guys with 2 planes. Such crazy shit.
    And yet the stock market is going through the roof since Trump was elected, now at 10 positive days in a row, while the big business world is in love with Trump and his policies. Go figure.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Just so disgusted.

This scumbag actually just compared and tied in recreational marijuana to the opiate epidemic our country is facing.
    Most Opiate users start with low grade pot and move up. Marijuana needs to be illegal so our young people don't start getting hooked. I get the fact you are trying to make a buck, but your business is is basically a conduit to opiates. Don't act like a 14 year old who starts smoking weed does not graduate to harder narcotics. Not every 14 year old, but enough to create an opiate endemic.

Comments

hongkonger: Bottomfag

FPS_Russia: Booze and big pharma lobbyists funded this. Legal weed cuts opiate prescriptions big time.

vegas1369: Dumbest post ever

nunbeater: dude forgot his password, which is literally password

Muck Ficon: :noose

Load Metric

i believe a lot of politicians are waiting for trump to essentially hang himself, because to force him out of office right now would be to provoke the dumbest, poorest, most well armed sector of our society to violence.

Load Metric

Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

[bWWTF with the civics lesson? There isn't a person on this forum who believes we have a direct democracy. Even the Brits get it.[/b]

I'll parse out my post - again. It was a little sizzle as a entre to my post. Hyperbole of sorts. A post where I splashed a little attitude and opinion. (Something you rarely do)

I freshened my response with "republic" and apparently we have a double session of Civics class in case anyone missed the first one.

Generally no one is here to learn anything which makes your whole effort a wot. We come here to spout nonsense and let off steam. Most of us are not the idiots you seem to feel we are.

Democracy- 2 wolves and a lamb go to the polls.
    WTF with interpreting what I wrote in what you responded to as saying anything about direct democracy. It was about the how the FF's created a democratic federal republic but with highly limited suffrage, and essentially limited to rich men. And if you "follow the money" in modern politics, we mostly have the same effective suffrage with regard to who Congress is responsive to. Which is what the progressive wing of the Democratic Party is all pissed off about. Because both the GOP and the majority corporatist Democrats mostly vote to protect corporate/moneyed interest. And Trump, who doesn't give two shits about ordinary working stiffs, has stuffed his cabinet with his own cadre of big money-connected plutocrats. So, yeah. We are pretty much back to where the US was before the Jacksonian revolution, and during the era of the Gilded Age. And lo and behold. Our political system survived those periods of excessively concentrated political power.

P.S. It wasn't a civics lesson, but one in political history regarding effective suffrage.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 4.01.07 PM.png
Views: 289
Size:  201.5 KB

todays lesson; dont stiff your botnet managers once you're done using them to get elected.

Load Metric
    would be interested where your getting this information? I was wondering what the best move would be here, we have a small rental property in Scottsdale Arizona (meant to be a retirement vacation home) we have been trying to decide what to do with. Sell and take the 32 points less tax. even though the CAD doesn't seem to be improving and have been told that it will probably get worse, the plan was to rent it for seven or so more years then redo it and decide after, hope to stick with this idea.
    Haven't had any issues crossing the border with Nexus so far so our WA cabin will be a keeper for the long haul, till the Canada/USA wall goes up.

my wife is on and off in panic mode about this lol, she really hates trump and may be knitting a pussy hat although i haven't seen it yet,

Comments

Mintjewlips: Fake news obviously
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 02-23-2017 at 11:10 PM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Stanley View Post
    Just so disgusted.

Most Opiate users start with low grade pot and move up. Marijuana needs to be illegal so our young people don't start getting hooked. I get the fact you are trying to make a buck, but your business is is basically a conduit to opiates. Don't act like a 14 year old who starts smoking weed does not graduate to harder narcotics. Not every 14 year old, but enough to create an opiate endemic.
    Question for you... Do you think it's more difficult for a 14 year old to get marijuana from the black market or from a legalized regulated market? You'd rather put the money in the pockets of drug cartels as opposed to a regulated legalized market that pays an extreme amount of taxes? If you think people are going to smoke less marijuana just because it's still illegal you are as naive as the day is long. History has done nothing but prove you wrong.

And your half-wit argument saying marijuana is a gateway drug has been proven wrong time and time again, yet you folks keep on spinning the same Reefer Madness propaganda. You always know when you're on the right side of an argument when the other side constantly has to lie to prove their point.

Comments

dick: fucking low grade drug dealer, get a real job

BCR:

Load Metric
    Vegas be honest, how paranoid are you at this point?

And do vegas casino's hire bartenders with criminal records? Just wondering, TIA.

Comments

dick: LOL HE'S SPINNING, BACK TO THE BAR BUDDY, GRAB ME A BLUE MOON WOULD YA?

Muck Ficon: :noose

LegallyNonBindingPosts: f u going to 2k
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    Russian diplomats dropping like flies, cui bono??

Comments

LegallyNonBindingPosts: f u going to 2k
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Thread Information