Page 561 of 2147 FirstFirst ... 6146151155155755855956056156256356456557161166110611561 ... LastLast
Results 11,201 to 11,220 of 42927

Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I think someone else asked this earlier somewhere here, but my question is:

How can a president pardon someone who hasn't even been charged or convicted of a crime?

I mean, is that for real? Is there an actual loophole that allows the Prez to do that?

Next question is, what about the Clinton Foundation? I mean, she and the foundation are obviously under investigation at this time. Will anything come of it? who knows...i can't imagine something not coming of it due to some of the evidence already uncovered, but I highly doubt Obama can pardon her for something concerning this, right??

I mean, please tell me the president doesn't have THAT much power?!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

How can a president pardon someone who hasn't even been charged or convicted of a crime?

I mean, is that for real? Is there an actual loophole that allows the Prez to do that?

Next question is, what about the Clinton Foundation? I mean, she and the foundation are obviously under investigation at this time. Will anything come of it? who knows...i can't imagine something not coming of it due to some of the evidence already uncovered, but I highly doubt Obama can pardon her for something concerning this, right??

This thread should be closed. Gordo is acting like knows something

Load Metric

and so begins the 'waking up with a hangover' phase of the current republican voter experience.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

and so begins the 'waking up with a hangover' phase of the current republican voter experience.

Um, excuse me?

Im talking about Obama, not Trump; that's why my question was as such. If you honestly think that Trump would ever pardon Clinton, you are delusional.

There is no "hangover" as you claim. Quit grasping at the last few straws you have

Also, don't kid yourself...given enough time you would be getting quite the hangover yourself had your candidate won

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    If you go by what the markets say, the big winners of election would be private prisons, fossil fuel companies, big pharma and the banks. As with brexit the medium to long term effect to markets highly depend on how little the supporters get. The less they get the better off they are.

With brexit there's no positive outcome for the future. It's just a matter of how much it will cost. With Trump giving Reaganomics another try markets are going to love that in the short term. Who doesn't love tax breaks and money dumped to the markets. In the long term it's a monte carlo system of economics.

How the money is spent in politics now, there might not be enough resistance to remind people that you already tried this the last time you were fawning over making america great again. On the other hand i'd guess it's assumed that all the talk about protectionism (tariffs, hindering workforce) just goes away and at best Trump supporters get some watered down version of it. Mostly because it's just bad for everyone from the perspective of the markets. What the domestic companies get isn't worth the risk of recession.
    If the market tanked today, you would have written that it's indicative that everyone smart in business knows that Trump will be a disaster for the country.

Looks like you massage the existing data to fit your narrative, no matter what.

Even if you dislike Trump, you can't automatically cast him as a friend of big pharma, big oil, etc. We will have to see his actual policy plans before drawing any of these type of conclusions. His election rhetoric did not necessarily favor these industries.

Gold
    Load Metric
    i'm just glad gordo's family made it through the night unscathed. i was certain BCR was en route to harm them. i would have contacted the police for the sake of their well-being if gordo didn't let us know that he already had.

Comments

BCR: I couldn't have made it to the end of my driveway.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipCounter View Post
    Do people actually believe there will be more bloodshed globally under a Trump administration?

"Within 12 hours, Trump got Putin to agree to talks of a strengthened alliance, Netanyahu is excited for a stronger Israel alliance, and the markets are boosted. Not even President yet."

He's trying to rebuild, not build out.

The two principle concerns are that 1) he lacks the sophistication to avoid a boots on the ground confrontation with ISIS and 2) by scrapping our NATO commitments, he is allowing Russia to march uncontested into all the breakaway democracies as well as states like Poland. Russian occupations are rarely bloodless affairs.
    Trump isn't a king. He can't just unilaterally decide things like this.

We will probably see a much more moderate version of Trump in practice than we saw on the campaign trail.

Load Metric
    Is Trump a republican druff? Im not so sure he is. Hopefully he isn't.
    Pharma, banks and the gop are like peas and carrots.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The two principle concerns are that 1) he lacks the sophistication to avoid a boots on the ground confrontation with ISIS and 2) by scrapping our NATO commitments, he is allowing Russia to march uncontested into all the breakaway democracies as well as states like Poland. Russian occupations are rarely bloodless affairs.

We will probably see a much more moderate version of Trump in practice than we saw on the campaign trail.

my initial read was he elected himself into a cage, but i think we are grossly underestimating how badly the republicans want to stretch their wings and reclaim their big masculine war balls.

you know what, i take that back.

there is no one in a position to check the executive branch that is somehow unaware of what our adventurism in iraq got us.

you're probably right.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Bronze
    Load Metric

Yet he will be blamed for the ongoing crisis that is continuing, even though it wasn't started from his administration. Of course I acknowledge that every president inherits these issues before they begin their term, but I think Trump will face far more criticism and blame for the unavoidable conflict ahead that previous government has set on his plate. They won't have to answer for it.
    “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”.

Load Metric

Yet he will be blamed for the ongoing crisis that is continuing, even though it wasn't started from his administration. Of course I acknowledge that every president inherits these issues before they begin their term, but I think Trump will face far more criticism and blame for the unavoidable conflict ahead that previous government has set on his plate. They won't have to answer for it.
    What crisis are you talking about?

Bronze
    Load Metric

my initial read was he elected himself into a cage, but i think we are grossly underestimating how badly the republicans want to stretch their wings and reclaim their big masculine war balls.
    Remember remember,

Any organization, whether it is a 3 Michelin starred restaurant or your local ma and pop joint MUST have heir-achy and strong leadership. For those establishments bereft of it, the trickle down effect will occur and they will soon cease to exist. Trump may face this crisis but I will bet money that from his business acumen he is very aware of these issues and his true skills are not his speech, but his actions. Give him a chance.
    “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

What crisis are you talking about?
    Radical Islamic Terrorism. Or RIT as I like to call it..y'know, the bunch of dorks decapitating, burning, running innocent people over in trucks. It's not a video game. I'd call that a crisis. But in the WEST we have a rape culture apparently, thats what the news tells me, thats the crisis perhaps?

:eyeroll

Load Metric
    If you go by what the markets say, the big winners of election would be private prisons, fossil fuel companies, big pharma and the banks. As with brexit the medium to long term effect to markets highly depend on how little the supporters get. The less they get the better off they are.

With brexit there's no positive outcome for the future. It's just a matter of how much it will cost. With Trump giving Reaganomics another try markets are going to love that in the short term. Who doesn't love tax breaks and money dumped to the markets. In the long term it's a monte carlo system of economics.

How the money is spent in politics now, there might not be enough resistance to remind people that you already tried this the last time you were fawning over making america great again. On the other hand i'd guess it's assumed that all the talk about protectionism (tariffs, hindering workforce) just goes away and at best Trump supporters get some watered down version of it. Mostly because it's just bad for everyone from the perspective of the markets. What the domestic companies get isn't worth the risk of recession.
    If the market tanked today, you would have written that it's indicative that everyone smart in business knows that Trump will be a disaster for the country.

Even if you dislike Trump, you can't automatically cast him as a friend of big pharma, big oil, etc. We will have to see his actual policy plans before drawing any of these type of conclusions. His election rhetoric did not necessarily favor these industries.
    Lol of course he's a disaster and everyone smart in business knows that. That doesn't mean people can't make money off it in the short term. Plenty of people made a killing leading in to the latest crash.

The way the markets see it his actual policy plans will at least somewhat reflect what he has said about his plans for the future instead of being completely reversed. And it's assumed GOP will support him on this. Please tell me how that's a stretch in any world?

So you think he's going to completely flip-flop on everything he has said about energy companies. That he's suddenly in favor of heavier regulation in an industry that he has personally invested in to. Markets are kinda skeptical about that.

Big pharma gains huge from lesser regulation and the end to all talks about silly price caps.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I am hoping the version of Trump we will get will be the one who thinks, "They elected me, now I am going to make history again by putting some real effort into changing a lot of things which Washington has been unable to fix for so long."

What we need from Trump is an attempt for actual cross-party cooperation, while not automatically falling into exactly what the Republican Party wants him to do.

Given that Trump is not a traditional conservative by any means, this is actually possible.

His ego could work in his favor if it drives him to want to be seen as the guy who fixed America.

Load Metric
    Just saw that Trump was the first president-elect not to say 'God bless America' in victory speech since 1984. At least that's one good thing.

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: i'm sold already #train

Corrigan: ship it #train

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Lol of course he's a disaster and everyone smart in business knows that. That doesn't mean people can't make money off it in the short term. Plenty of people made a killing leading in to the latest crash.

The way the markets see it his actual policy plans will at least somewhat reflect what he has said about his plans for the future instead of being completely reversed. And it's assumed GOP will support him on this. Please tell me how that's a stretch in any world?

So you think he's going to completely flip-flop on everything he has said about energy companies. That he's suddenly in favor of heavier regulation in an industry that he has personally invested in to. Markets are kinda skeptical about that.

Big pharma gains huge from lesser regulation and the end to all talks about silly price caps.

One fair criticism of Trump was that he was non-specific with most of his plan details. He's also been known to change certain extreme views when there is a backlash (think the Muslim situation).

I think it is foolish at this point to try to analyze too closely the loose plans he made while running.

For example, you keep mentioning big pharma, but I do not recall any Trump rhetoric backing that industry's interests. I think you are extrapolating too much and automatically assuming he's going to be a friend of the most derided large industries in the nation.

Everyone feels so much uncertainty right now because it's difficult to determine what a Trump Presidency will look like. Somehow you're the only guy in the world who seems to have it all figured out.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Just saw that Trump was the first president-elect not to say 'God bless America' in victory speech since 1984. At least that's one good thing.
    Interesting point.

Trump needed the Christian vote to win, but he is not religious, nor do I think he gives a shit about the religious right.

This is one of the good points about him.

Load Metric
    there were 7 republicans on a stage and the question of transgenders using bathrooms came up.

6 of them basically said transgenders were abominations against god and we needed to protect the children.

trump said 'who the hell cares what bathroom they use?!'

so yeah, there is a solid chance that trump isnt buying into the heartland theocracy culture.

but oh wow does pence ever.

Comments

nunbeater: Pence just can't even right now

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Interesting point.

Trump needed the Christian vote to win, but he is not religious, nor do I think he gives a shit about the religious right.

This is one of the good points about him.
    That and as a kid when you are told not to reach into the cookie jar every day, you naturally do what?

Same idea when you call a great portion of your nation "deplorable, irredeemable, super predators" it only further emboldens them to usurp you. The MSM not reporting on Trump was a double negative too. Fed complacency to the left and motivated the right further. The snake ate itself and has noone to blame but themselves but they will not acknowledge it.

Thread Information