Page 282 of 2148 FirstFirst ... 1822322722782792802812822832842852862923323827821282 ... LastLast
Results 5,621 to 5,640 of 42942

Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Benghazi was the subject of hearings, there is literally nothing to say about it.

If he mentions the Clinton Foundation, then a) he has to admit literally nothing about it was illegal and b) she could spend the rest of the debate airing out his laundry which btw includes endless lawsuits that he paid out for.

They discussed email tonight. A lot.

But yeah I mean, its totally cool that you dont even pay attention to the debate and then claim its rigged, because voting for Trump will somehow make being a literal simpleton work out for you somehow, right? Because Trump is magic or something?

Which debate were you watching?

They quickly touched upon the e-mail at the beginning (only because Trump brought it up), and then the discussion died after a very unsatisfying and insincere answer by Hillary.

The moderator didn't even ask about it.

It was also pretty unfair to ask Trump about his tax returns, but not a single question to Hillary about her arguably worse lack of transparency.

And what about the transcripts of her speeches to the big banks for $250k each. Wonder what she told them that is different than she's telling us? But hey, don't look there, look over here.

Comments

BiffCo99:

Load Metric
    Take a look at cnn this am.

90% of articles are about Trump.

No such thing as bad press. Sure he got owned in the second half but everyone is talking about him not her.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 532
Size:  55.7 KB

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Name:  FireShot Screen Capture #1041 - 'DRUDGE REPORT 2016®' - www_drudgereport_com.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  199.9 KB

Fixed

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: holy shit Trump won the drudge report poll

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 532
Size:  55.7 KB

Name:  image.png
Views: 534
Size:  355.0 KB

Load Metric
    I would say he needs to work on his basic debate skills. She basically called him a racist, a tax cheat, a poor businessman, a liar etc. and he ended up on the defense and taking it up the poop shoot the entire time. When he did have a chance to talk he rambled and couldn't even fill his allowed time. His statement about his 10 year old son sounded like gramps. His birther defense was LOL. Back to the drawing board. He needs to tell stories and better articulate Hillary's faults. Could he have done any worse on the email issue? He had a few sentences on it and just dropped it. On the birther thing, he let the moderator and Hillary frame the entire issue and then spent all the time on Sydney Blumenthal. On the war and howard stern he failed to point out that Hillary was in power and voted for the war. wtf. talk to shaun hannity is your defense? again basic debate technique, re frame the question and attack. come on man.

Load Metric
    Majority of snap polls show Trump won debate by a landslide despite CNN's overwhelming victory for Hillary in biggest official survey

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...landslide.html

• CNN's snap poll gave Clinton the win with 62 per cent to Trump's 27
    • But most of the others reported Trump was the winner by a landslide
    • The pair engaged in a vigorous back-and-forth at Hofstra University
    • Here, we present the results from snap polls conducted after the debate

CNN awarded Hillary Clinton an overwhelming victory in the first presidential debate - but most snap polls show Trump emerged victorious.

Trump and Clinton tangled over the economy, her use of a private mail server and his unwillingness to release his income tax returns on Monday night.
    They engaged in a vigorous back-and-forth on the debate stage at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York, as polls showed them locked in a tight race.
    However, after the debate's end, polls conducted by a number of media websites showed their readers felt the real estate mogul came out on top.
    Trump acknowledged the result, tweeting: 'Wow, did great in the debate polls (except for @CNN - which I don't watch). Thank you!'
    CNN/ORC's snap poll, gave Clinton the win with 62 per cent to Trump's 27.
    It was the biggest, and fastest, exercise conducted by an opinion polling firm.
    The poll of 521 registered voters who watched the debate was a sample which the network warned leaned more Democratic than the average - starting the night with Clinton ahead 26 per cent among the sample.
    And while it handed the victory overwhelmingly to Clinton, it was more mixed on whether the debate will make a difference, with 47 per cent saying it would not affect their vote, 34 per cent saying it moved them towards Clinton - and 18 per cent towards Trump.

Online polls carried out afterwards gave a different outcome - handing the title to Trump.
    Such polls are self-selecting, and more likely to pick up the views of those who vote, although CNN's study also reflected a similar bias.

The Drudge Report's poll showed Trump fared better with 81.5 per cent of the vote to Clinton's 18.5 while others, including Time, CBS New York and the Washington Times, also saw Trump win the vote.
    Clinton edged out Trump in the Star Tribune's poll and one conducted by NBC News.

Name:  FireShot Screen Capture #1043 - '2016 presidential debate snap polls show Trump beating Hillary .jpg
Views: 600
Size:  863.4 KB

You're on the wrong side of history mumblesSadly.

Load Metric
    aren't these snap polls easy to manipulate? give it a few days and we will see what the real polls say. of course most of those "real" polls are 1000 people.

In college I worked for 2 weeks at one of the pollster companies. Horrible job, as the abuse you take calling people even for a political poll was high. ( I was a kid and easily upset, so if anyone was too rude, I would call them back all night and yell at them). It took a lot of sweet talking (which was frowned upon as you had to go off script) to get anyone to participate.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    /pol/ fuckery on those online polls, also keep in mind news websites/comment sections are basically dominated by white male news junkies, the hardcore kind that listen to talk radio who tend to have conservative views

i really wouldn't put any weight into those polls

like I said a few pages ago, Trump lost the debate

it was actually probably the most clear 'loss' of a presidential debate I've ever seen, and I've watched every one since dukakis

not saying I like Hillary better, I don't, but Trump looked like a fucking idiot for the majority of the debate

Comments

Suicide King: This

jacosta24: yup

hongkonger: This

ToasterOven: wiz

Load Metric
    i think that the liberals are misjudging how trump did at this debate. there is only one small segment of voters that actually matter at this point -- white college educated people. this group is pre-disposed to voting republican and has done so in every election since the 1950s. romney won this group by 14 points last election.

for the first time in ages, the democrat, hillary, is winning this group. if that reverses, trump would win in a landslide.

hillary is a skilled debater and is very smart. donald's not going to "beat" her in a conventional sense, and he definitely didn't do so last night. but i really don't think he has to. he just has to convince the white college edcuated crowd, who would ordinarily vote reupblican anyway, that he is not a danger to the country. he definitely lost his composure in the second half of the debate, but my sense is that it was not so bad that he won't pick up some of this white college educated crowd. it'll be interesting to see next week's polls.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i think that the liberals are misjudging how trump did at this debate. there is only one small segment of voters that actually matter at this point -- white college educated people. this group is pre-disposed to voting republican and has done so in every election since the 1950s. romney won this group by 14 points last election.

for the first time in ages, the democrat, hillary, is winning this group. if that reverses, trump would win in a landslide.

hillary is a skilled debater and is very smart. donald's not going to "beat" her in a conventional sense, and he definitely didn't do so last night. but i really don't think he has to. he just has to convince the white college edcuated crowd, who would ordinarily vote reupblican anyway, that he is not a danger to the country. he definitely lost his composure in the second half of the debate, but my sense is that it was not so bad that he won't pick up some of this white college educated crowd. it'll be interesting to see next week's polls.
    The difference between a Romney candidacy and Trump's is that nobody was excited in the least for Romney and everyone stayed home in droves. I expect this years voter turnout to be bigger than what we've seen in many moons.

Comments

Tellafriend: This ^

Load Metric
    If Trump won that debate I think it must have been in some parallel universe. The tax return stuff really made him look bad. He has no actual answer for this. Hillary is not that great at debating as proof by her losses to Obama and to some degree Bernie. Trump is just that bad.... every time he would interrupt her and say he never said that or that it was a lie, it was a perfect indicator that he totally did say it and that it was completely true. He made himself look like a pissed off teenager. People with great temperament don't need to tell you or convince you of their excellent temperament.
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    It's not a hard evaluation. The Trump campaign doesn't think he won the debate.

Rudy says he shouldn't do any more debates and Trump complained that his mic was defective. Even Laura Ingraham said Trump missed opportunities, and the theme of talk radio is that the moderator was unfair.

I know the Trumpkins buy into the talk radio/breibart/fox narrative with gusto, but even they should be able to easily read between the lines on this one.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

The difference between a Romney candidacy and Trump's is that nobody was excited in the least for Romney and everyone stayed home in droves. I expect this years voter turnout to be bigger than what we've seen in many moons.
    Yeah, that's not true. 2012 was somewhere in the middle.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/turnout.php

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post

Rudy says he shouldn't do any more debates and Trump complained that his mic was defective. Even Laura Ingraham said Trump missed opportunities, and the theme of talk radio is that the moderator was unfair.

I know the Trumpkins buy into the talk radio/breibart/fox narrative with gusto, but even they should be able to easily read between the lines on this one.

The thing is that the bar for Trump to 'win' the debate was pretty low. I think most people just wanted to see if he looked 'Presidential' and for the most part he did. Hillary's tone is always so grating that the feeling that I get watching her is that of a grandmother that just scolded you for not putting your socks in the hamper.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Even I know Trump got owned last night

Load Metric
    Snap online polls are about useless. Trump's reddit page probably organized a mass vote. Even if he did win, and he clearly didn't, their defensiveness the day after would erase it anyway. Hillary may get a slight bump by taking some Johnson/Stein voters back with her decent performance, but I don't think the debates mean all that much. Romney beat Obama by at least as much in their first debate in 2012, and it didn't move the needle significantly.

I'd like to think as least some Trump leaners would say to themselves, "If he can't even care enough to do any debate preparation, how can he be expected to be a prepared president", but I know that nothing matters.

Comments

Charham:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post

The thing is that the bar for Trump to 'win' the debate was pretty low. I think most people just wanted to see if he looked 'Presidential' and for the most part he did. Hillary's tone is always so grating that the feeling that I get watching her is that of a grandmother that just scolded you for not putting your socks in the hamper.
    Do you actually believe he won the debate?

Comments

4Dragons: define 'win'?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post
    aren't these snap polls easy to manipulate? give it a few days and we will see what the real polls say. of course most of those "real" polls are 1000 people.

In college I worked for 2 weeks at one of the pollster companies. Horrible job, as the abuse you take calling people even for a political poll was high. ( I was a kid and easily upset, so if anyone was too rude, I would call them back all night and yell at them). It took a lot of sweet talking (which was frowned upon as you had to go off script) to get anyone to participate.
    Online polls are worthless

Thread Information