Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    the volume of left leaning people i know who are absolutely 100% swallowing the bait and voting green is frankly terrifying.

like if you want to draw a line in the sand for 'the left wing cult' i cant find a better place to put it than 'im voting green in 2020'.
    Are they Bernie people? This was my concern. I assumed a large attrition. This virus has us drawing very live, maybe even a very slight favorite in the three states we need, but you need to convert a lot of suburban honky women to make up lost Bernie voters. You don’t get to be a Bernie voter unless you’re young and idealistic, bitter, or both. You have to have been fucked over and passed over or screwed up your own life. Those people aren’t exactly rational en masse.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    the volume of left leaning people i know who are absolutely 100% swallowing the bait and voting green is frankly terrifying.

like if you want to draw a line in the sand for 'the left wing cult' i cant find a better place to put it than 'im voting green in 2020'.
    Are they Bernie people? This was my concern. I assumed a large attrition. This virus has us drawing very live, maybe even a very slight favorite in the three states we need, but you need to convert a lot of suburban honky women to make up lost Bernie voters. You don’t get to be a Bernie voter unless you’re young and idealistic, bitter, or both. You have to have been fucked over and passed over or screwed up your own life. Those people aren’t exactly rational en masse.
    lol mumbles

Comments

sonatine: flawless.

Tellafriend:

gut:

Load Metric

the one that popped up in my feed this morning is an artist in iowa (uh oh) who is having a real one because he is having trouble getting his stimulus check and has decided that he does not trust 'either side' so hes 'voting with his conscious' 'to change the country' in the ways he wants etc, that sort of shit.

i literally took time out of my life to explain to him how thats really not the way american politics works (this is not his native country) and like, how can i put this, it just wasnt landing. these people really consider voting to be some sort of moral declaration about the world they want to live in. its a totally emotional equation for them, its almost like whole object rationalization where they cannot view american politics through a flaws-and-all lens.

so yeah, no, not a bernie bro at all, not really. but certainly not discomforted by those politics. and that 2nd metric is the one that alarms me most, thats a fucking lot of potential hawkins votes.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

lol mumbles
    The Far left is either a super elite, but more likely a bitter bunch of losers. I know two lesbians through a friend. They make combined maybe $80K. They live paycheck to paycheck and hate white men with every ounce of their being. They hate all Republicans and think Trump is the devil. They also have massive credit card debt and can never take a vacation.

Neither of them are registered to vote, that is the thing with the far left. They complain all the time about their own lot, never do anything about it. Thankfully, most are too lazy to ever register to vote. I am willing to bet less than 20% of the hard core "Resistance" is registered to vote. Bodes well for Trump which is precisely why Trump is still the favorite with the betting markets.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Neither of them are registered to vote, that is the thing with the far left. They complain all the time about their own lot, never do anything about it.
    suppose that's how China and USSR got ruled by communist parties, then? cos nobody could be bothered doing anything?

idiot

Load Metric

people should start keeping an eye on this narrative because real soon youre going to start seeing mailbombs and dead cops attached to this.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: like that's a bad thing

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

lol mumbles
    I probably painted with too broad a brush there. I like Bernie personally. He’s authentic. I’m drawn to that. I like a guy who doesn’t have to formulate an answer because he believes what he believes and always has even if I think it’s a bit out there on some of most issues.

I’m very much a proponent of single-payer if it could be theoretically implemented correctly. Without wholesale corruption. I weigh how corrupt the current system is and how expensive with an acceptable amount of corruption a single payer system would be and fall on the side of single payer. I dislike the health care system immensely and agree with Bernie on that and pretty much only that.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Bernie is an authentic cartoon character, a total huckster and bold faced liar politician that makes outlandish promises to get support from naive kids and stupid adults

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    Bernie is an authentic cartoon character, a total huckster and bold faced liar politician that makes outlandish promises to get support from naive kids and stupid adults

its nice that that under his lies, he really gives a shit about working class people. i always liked that about bernie.

Load Metric

lol mumbles
    I probably painted with too broad a brush there. I like Bernie personally. He’s authentic. I’m drawn to that. I like a guy who doesn’t have to formulate an answer because he believes what he believes and always has even if I think it’s a bit out there on some of most issues.

I’m very much a proponent of single-payer if it could be theoretically implemented correctly. Without wholesale corruption. I weigh how corrupt the current system is and how expensive with an acceptable amount of corruption a single payer system would be and fall on the side of single payer. I dislike the health care system immensely and agree with Bernie on that and pretty much only that.
    I despise for-profit insurance companies, and also not a fan of federal single payer. I've turned to the idea that it should be single payer, but localized by city/county. I don't seem to see this idea being presented very often. Not sure why.

Load Metric

lol mumbles

Remember pre-crisis when some people worried how much single-payer or nationalized insurance would cost? Seems foolish now, eh?

That was multiple trillions ago.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Remember pre-crisis when some people worried how much single-payer or nationalized insurance would cost? Seems foolish now, eh?

you know what i was thinking about last night?

about those rate cutes. ' we have no more bullets to shoot the bear '.

well those trillions, those were our last bullets for unemployment, bailouts, food, grids, transportation, health care, all of it.

and they bought us about 6000 points on the dow jones, and its already starting to slow down and retrace.

spy 160p.

Load Metric

well those trillions, those were our last bullets for unemployment, bailouts, food, grids, transportation, health care, all of it.

and they bought us about 6000 points on the dow jones, and its already starting to slow down and retrace.

spy 160p.
    There is more coming. The SBA PPP needs a reload. That’s just the start. We will run Fiscal til election.

Check the Fed balance sheet tomorrow morning.

Just never forget that stimulus is repeated in all countries too. It’s impossible to comprehend.

It’s an incredible game of chicken if you partake in the gamble. Where else will all that cash end up? Ever so.

Load Metric

spy 160p.
    Fed can monetize, take out 50 year bonds. Not a big deal.

Load Metric
    spy 160p.

you heard me.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Draymond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    All the people saying TRUMP has no chance in the general election are the same people who said he had no shot to secure the GOP nomination

Keep underestimating him

The man is going all the way
    Why would anyone ever listen to you? As a long time lurker I think you are a fucking joke. I am not sure who I will vote for, but I am not taking the advice of a aging chirotic drunk like yourself. You offer nothing but hate and substance abuse.

Draymond
    rude

Load Metric

The politicians have just gotten warmed up:

20. Illinois needs more than $40 billion in relief from the federal government because of the coronavirus pandemic — including $10 billion to help bail out its beleaguered pension system, according to a letter the Illinois Senate president sent to members of Congress. The letter, sent this week by State Senator Don Harmon, also seeks a $15 billion grant to “stabilize the state’s budget,” $9.6 billion in direct aid to Illinois’s cities, $6 billion for the state’s unemployment insurance fund, and hardship money for hospitals and nursing homes, among other things. “I realize I’ve asked for a lot, but this is an unprecedented situation,” Mr. Harmon, a Democrat, wrote in the letter to the state’s congressional delegation, a copy of which was viewed by The New York Times. A spokesman confirmed that Mr. Harmon had written the letter.​ (via The New York Times)​

Wait till the Dems take back both branches. We won't be able tax or grow our way out of this.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Illinois has been a goddamn fiscal mess for over a decade.

Load Metric

spy 160p.
    There is more coming. The SBA PPP needs a reload. That’s just the start. We will run Fiscal til election.

Check the Fed balance sheet tomorrow morning.

Just never forget that stimulus is repeated in all countries too. It’s impossible to comprehend.

It’s an incredible game of chicken if you partake in the gamble. Where else will all that cash end up? Ever so.

For a great read with examples of who got the $ and who got fucked and why:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coro...6ci-story.html

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Yeah good thing we didn't spend those trillions on single-payer insurance, or we'd have even less to spend right now to help everyone.

Unless you're one of those delusional people who still thinks socialized medicine would have helped the US response to coronavirus (Italy would disagree).

Thread Information