Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I'm not being a "snowflake", as Mumbles just accused. I've said many times that Kimmel has the right to produce whichever segments he wants. I am not arguing that Kimmel should be censored in any way.

I'm just stating that this shit is so transparent and unfunny, and it's especially shameful if they're looking to humiliate average men and women on the street just to get back at Ted Cruz. These weren't even Republican activists. Just regular ol' dopes walking down the street, and they were humiliated on national TV so Kimmel could bash Republicans.

Seriously, fuck that guy.
    It seems like you might be taking it personally, since you're a republican and it's republicans being made fun of, and I don't recall you ever stepping up to defend a non-republican being made fun of by a republican. But if you're not, then Mumbles is wrong and you're being a SJW.

Just try to take a step back and look at what you're saying about Kimmel and what you've said about non-republican groups of people, do you really not see any hypocrisy? I'm not trying to be a troll and don't plan on pushing this any more.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Was Druff being a snowflake over being accused of being a snowflake???

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

In general, liberals (+ all vocal anti-Trumpers) are constantly making fun of Trump fans and Trump fans are constantly making fun of liberals.

You're right that there are no late night shows on any of the big networks that are clearly pro-Trump, but...so what? The president and his loyal base pwn the libs all day every day. It's a flame war. A shit show. Once you partake (pretty much anyone reading this has partook), you don't get to cry when someone hurts your feelings.

What's mind blowing to me is that this stupid Kimmel bit is the thing that gets under your skin. You've said so much worse. We all have. (plus you're Mr. 'The politically correct are faggot')

Also, it seems like you are unaware of what motivated Kimmel to do this specific bit:

1) He did normal stupid man on the street. Every person that made the cut looked 'liberal' , and all really stupid. At least I think they did.
    2) Cruz jumps in a fires a tweet, hoping it will go viral:

3) Kimmel responds by making fun of how stupid Republicans are.
    4) PFA CEO gets upset because Republicans aren't actually that stupid and it's not fair.
    What do you mean "looked liberal"? Everyone showed in that Twitter segment didn't state what their political persuasion was, and most just appeared to be normal-looking young people. It's not like they only depicted people in "Fight the Patriarchy" or "Bernie 2020" shirts.

Cruz said, "This is Bernie's base", referring presumably to the fact that most fanatical Bernie supporters are young.

Kimmel then decided to ONLY interview Republicans. He didn't test whether Republicans flubbed this more than Democrats. He had his people only interview Republicans. Also notice they didn't allow Biden Democrats to do this, which wouldn't make sense because Cruz was only bashing "Bernie's base", not all Democrats.

It was a weak premise to bash Republicans on late night TV. That's it. And not Republican politicians, but average Republican citizens who really didn't deserve such ridicule.

I'm not being a "snowflake", as Mumbles just accused. I've said many times that Kimmel has the right to produce whichever segments he wants. I am not arguing that Kimmel should be censored in any way.

I'm just stating that this shit is so transparent and unfunny, and it's especially shameful if they're looking to humiliate average men and women on the street just to get back at Ted Cruz. These weren't even Republican activists. Just regular ol' dopes walking down the street, and they were humiliated on national TV so Kimmel could bash Republicans.

Why are you angrier at the television host than you are at the Harvard-educated sitting Senator that started a mean-spirited exchange by mischaracterizing and politicizing a non-political snippet of a television show?

I hate those segments also. They are ugly. If you put yourself into any arena where you claim to know shit or call other people stupid, then you are fair game. If I jumped into the Elon Musk thread telling people why their investment strategy is idiotic, I would expect to get shredded by people who know more than I do. I’ve opened myself up and have it coming. These are just regular people walking down the street.

If I was part of the second group that got mocked, all my ire would be at the asshole who put a target on my back, and that’s Ted Cruz. He mischaracterized and politicized something that poked fun at young people walking down the street in LA of all places.

Kimmel didn’t go to Texas and mock the stupidity of Ted Cruz’s constituents. It was mean-spirited, but completely apolitical.

Cruz jumps in, mischaracterizes and politicizes the whole thing, adds in some religious pray for the stupid young people nonsense, and gets a second group of people who share his ideology mocked as a result. If those people watched and felt bad about themselves, they have Ted Cruz to thank. It doesn’t exist if he didn’t put a target on their back.

There is probably a million hours of Bernie supporters taking to reporters. I’m sure many said some stupid shit. If he wants to politicize and mock young Bernie supporters, go use people who are on tv advocating for Bernie and put themselves in that arena and are actually Bernie supporters.

This is like me walking down the street with a buddy of mine and we pass up a group of guys wearing pink shirts and my buddy runs his mouth to them and says pray for these faggots. Maybe they’re faggots. Not a lot of straight dudes walking around in pink shirts. Maybe they’re guys supporting wives with breast cancer.

Either way, when I get my ass kicked because my buddy is an asshole, I’m pissed at him, not the guys he ran his mouth to. I’m going to look at him and say I have enough problems motherfucker without you starting shit for no reason. That second group that got mocked are republicans in Los Angeles. They catch enough shit without Ted Cruz starting shit on their behalf.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    i wonder why Jimmy Kimmel didn’t make fun of how stupid these people are.

There’s hypocrisy on both sides FFS.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

everyone on earth is making fun of how stupid these people are, what sort of bubble do you exist in where you dont see it? thats the more salient concern imo.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    *Trigger Warning*

Comments

Sloppy Joe: DRUFF AVOID THIS WILL TRIGGER HARD

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

everyone on earth is making fun of how stupid these people are, what sort of bubble do you exist in where you dont see it? thats the more salient concern imo.
    Please link to where Anderson Cooper or Don Lemon or any other big name lefties are making fun of this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Please link to where Anderson Cooper or Don Lemon or any other big name lefties are making fun of this.
    He made fun of himself after correcting it a few minutes later. She did also. If they would've doubled down on it and insisted they were not wrong, it would be news.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

What do you mean "looked liberal"? Everyone showed in that Twitter segment didn't state what their political persuasion was, and most just appeared to be normal-looking young people. It's not like they only depicted people in "Fight the Patriarchy" or "Bernie 2020" shirts.

Cruz said, "This is Bernie's base", referring presumably to the fact that most fanatical Bernie supporters are young.

Kimmel then decided to ONLY interview Republicans. He didn't test whether Republicans flubbed this more than Democrats. He had his people only interview Republicans. Also notice they didn't allow Biden Democrats to do this, which wouldn't make sense because Cruz was only bashing "Bernie's base", not all Democrats.

It was a weak premise to bash Republicans on late night TV. That's it. And not Republican politicians, but average Republican citizens who really didn't deserve such ridicule.

Why are you angrier at the television host than you are at the Harvard-educated sitting Senator that started a mean-spirited exchange by mischaracterizing and politicizing a non-political snippet of a television show?

I hate those segments also. They are ugly. If you put yourself into any arena where you claim to know shit or call other people stupid, then you are fair game. If I jumped into the Elon Musk thread telling people why their investment strategy is idiotic, I would expect to get shredded by people who know more than I do. I’ve opened myself up and have it coming. These are just regular people walking down the street.

If I was part of the second group that got mocked, all my ire would be at the asshole who put a target on my back, and that’s Ted Cruz. He mischaracterized and politicized something that poked fun at young people walking down the street in LA of all places.

Kimmel didn’t go to Texas and mock the stupidity of Ted Cruz’s constituents. It was mean-spirited, but completely apolitical.

Cruz jumps in, mischaracterizes and politicizes the whole thing, adds in some religious pray for the stupid young people nonsense, and gets a second group of people who share his ideology mocked as a result. If those people watched and felt bad about themselves, they have Ted Cruz to thank. It doesn’t exist if he didn’t put a target on their back.

There is probably a million hours of Bernie supporters taking to reporters. I’m sure many said some stupid shit. If he wants to politicize and mock young Bernie supporters, go use people who are on tv advocating for Bernie and put themselves in that arena and are actually Bernie supporters.

This is like me walking down the street with a buddy of mine and we pass up a group of guys wearing pink shirts and my buddy runs his mouth to them and says pray for these idiotics. Maybe they’re idiotics. Not a lot of straight dudes walking around in pink shirts. Maybe they’re guys supporting wives with breast cancer.

Either way, when I get my ass kicked because my buddy is an asshole, I’m pissed at him, not the guys he ran his mouth to. I’m going to look at him and say I have enough problems motherfucker without you starting shit for no reason. That second group that got mocked are republicans in Los Angeles. They catch enough shit without Ted Cruz starting shit on their behalf.
    Had they just bashed Ted Cruz, it wouldn't have bothered me at all. Cruz definitely makes a point of saying controversial things and tries to agitate the left. Had Kimmel just been bashing him, I wouldn't have commented.

I have to disagree that the humiliated people in the video should be mad at Cruz. He wasn't the one who sent wolves in sheep's clothing to interview them on the street and make them into viral jokes in front of millions of people. That was Kimmel's decision. It would be like if you insulted me and then I went and tracked down a friendly acquaintance of yours and beat him up. If I said, "Blame BCR for this, I wouldn't have done this to you if he didn't insult me", everyone would look at me like I was insane, and they'd be correct.

Cruz also didn't produce that first segment. He just commented on it, equating the fact that the people were young to being Bernie supporters. I don't think that was a fair statement on his part, but I don't believe a retaliatory TV segment to humiliate Republicans on the street was a fitting response.

I do wish comedy was more balanced. It sucks that, for the most part, I have to watch specifically right-wing comedians like Steven Crowder if I want to see jokes made about Democrats (and then, of course, the comedy is all very right-biased). It didn't used to be like this. There was always a left-bias in entertainment, but it was never as transparent as it is today, and they were never as afraid to mock their own as they are now. In the rare case they do mock their own, it's often from an even further left standpoint (or it's done very gently, regarding harmless personal quirks).

However, with that said, I'm much more bothered when they are trying to bash average Republican voters than when they bash Republican politicians. Being publicly mocked is part of the job when you sign up for politics. That's not the case when you're just an average guy on the street.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Big triggered

dwai: trump derangement syndrome offset

Load Metric
    Had they just bashed Ted Cruz, it wouldn't have bothered me at all. Cruz definitely makes a point of saying controversial things and tries to agitate the left. Had Kimmel just been bashing him, I wouldn't have commented.
    What if there were someone with a platform as big or bigger than Kimmels that bashed Democrats. I mean bashed them really hard - made them look evil, deranged, a threat to our country even. Would that bother you?

Comments

Sloppy Joe:

Load Metric
    Why do you even entertain their fake outrage?
    Seriously, If Druff even had a slight problem w/people being biased, he wouldn't watch Fox "news".
    Its him being a hypocrite, biased people are fine, but only if they are biased his way.

What if there were someone with a platform as big or bigger than Kimmels that bashed Democrats. I mean bashed them really hard - made them look evil, deranged, a threat to our country even. Would that bother you?
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric

Silver
    Load Metric
    Posted this on Coronavirus thread but non-zero chance Trump has Coronavirus.

Congressman Doug Collins from GA has self-quarantined for 14 days after coming in contact with someone with Coronavirus. He was just with Trump at CDC on Friday.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/do...EyQJcdjdAHmEL/

Load Metric

He made fun of himself after correcting it a few minutes later. She did also. If they would've doubled down on it and insisted they were not wrong, it would be news.
    John Oliver opened this weeks show with the clip.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    AND WHAT A GREAT TIME TO DROP THE NEWS!!!!

Load Metric
    Just the news dot com? You mean Just the fake news dot com?

I get that the Trump getting pissed on was way out there, but the Steele Dossier was not ‘debunked in Jan 2017’, in fact a lot of it was proven true.

Grading the Steele dossier 2 years later: what’s been corroborated and what's still unclear
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...roborated.html

How much of the infamous document ended up being corroborated elsewhere? A whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

John Solomon, the former opinion writer at The Hill whose columns were seen as a central part of a smear campaign against former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, failed to identify "important details" about his sources — including that they were under investigation or indictment and were even his attorneys, according to a review of his work by his former colleagues.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...details-115976

Load Metric
    feels like the world is ending. I'd feel a whole hell of a lot better knowing the black man was in charge and not this bloated idiot

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    feels like the world is ending. I'd feel a whole hell of a lot better knowing the black man was in charge and not this bloated idiot
    you're an idiot

Comments

Muck Ficon: Don't worry about it

Load Metric
    Idiot? Can you honestly say you feel better with Trump in office than Obama with all this mayhem and chaos happening?
    Be honest

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Idiot? Can you honestly say you feel better with Trump in office than Obama with all this mayhem and chaos happening?
    Be honest
    it wouldn't matter who was in office is my main point

Thread Information