Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

Yeah, it is a swipe at you.

Politicians make fun of Democrats => no problem. Late night comedian makes fun of Republicans and you throw a tantrum.

You complain all the time about people that are too 'politically correct' but when a comedian makes Republicans look like a bunch of idiots you get upset.

If Kimmel did a 'idiot on the street' bit with Liberal Lesbians you would've posted it with an 'LOL', not criticize him for cherry picking the dumbest ones inaccurately representing Liberal Lesbians. It's not his method or the fact that he's making a generalization about a group of people that pissed you off, it's the fact that you're part of the group he's making fun of. No different than Vanessa Selbst really.
    I don't care if they make fun of Republicans. They do it on late night TV every night, and I rarely post about it.

This particular segment was especially obnoxious because it was done from the point of coastal leftist arrogance. The "we're smart and enlightened, you're dumb and ignorant" variety, where it's couched as comedy.

The fact that they specifically excluded non-Republicans from the segment was especially lame.

You talk about what my supposed reaction would have been if the victims of this bit were "liberal lesbians", but that's exactly my point. Liberal lesbians would never be the target of such a bit -- or any derogatory bit -- nor would anyone on the left.

It's Kimmel's show, and he can do what he wants, but I can also comment that the segment is lame, unfunny, and politically arrogant/misleading.

In general, coastal liberals are always trying to posture about how much smarter and more sophisticated they think they are. Then they wonder why the rest of the country can't relate to them.
    Maybe watch the first 30s of the clip again and all your questions will be answered.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

I wonder what Todd thinks of this?
    Maybe they are more intelligent.

https://phys.org/news/2010-02-intell...lues-human.amp
    "Data from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health (Add Health) support Kanazawa's hypothesis. Young adults who subjectively identify themselves as "very liberal" have an average IQ of 106 during adolescence while those who identify themselves as "very conservative" have an average IQ of 95 during adolescence."
    I think I'd have to see where they are drawing these "very liberal" and "very conservative" subjects from, and whether the group doing this study has any kind of bias.

There's also a problem with the study, in that politics can change based upon various societal and life influences. So if there's a heavy liberal influence at college, and if kids in college have a higher average IQ than those not in college, then young liberals would indeed have a higher IQ than young conservatives, on average. But that would be corrupted data, because the liberal politics might have actually developed at college, rather than being preexisting.

It would be like a cult recruiting only people with IQs over 130, and then bragging that this high average IQ is proof that only smart people are intelligent enough to realize that their cult is the way to go.

Also the "very" tag bothers me here, because it's like it's being cherrypicked. Might mean that those who are just "conservative" and not "very conservative" could have scored a lot higher, but they don't want that seen.
    Obviously the Kimmel thing was a beat up.

For many years I've been of the opinion that liberals and conservatives are wired differently.
    Of course I'm biased so I'll not share my opinions on this.

Another interesting article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bus...s-2018-2%3famp

Comments

MumblesBadly: Stop confusing Druff with science. It causes him too much cognitive dissonance.

Load Metric
    The Dow has lost 4000 points or all the gains made in the last two years.

When is Donald Trump going to take credit for that?

How much more "winning" can America take?

Load Metric

Comments

Sloppy Joe: TDS obv
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

in all seriousness, i have zero respect for anyone that chose this as president

Load Metric
    “As of the time I left the plane with you, we had 240 cases, that’s at least what was on a very fine network known as Fox News. I know you love it. But that’s what I happened to be watching, and how was the show last night? Did it get good ratings, by the way?” Trump asked, pointing to reporters.

“I don’t know,” Trump floated.

"I heard it broke ratings, but maybe that’s wrong. That’s what they told me. I can’t imagine that, but what happened is if you look at the number, the time we left, there were 240 cases and 11 deaths. That’s what it has been.”

Moments later, Trump then dove into another riff where he likened the “perfect” Coronousvirus testing kits to the “perfect” Ukraine “transcription” and “letter.”

Trump continued, “They have them out there. In addition to that, they are making millions more as we speak. But as of right now and yesterday, anybody that needs a test, that’s the important thing, and the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect.”

“The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that, but pretty good,” Trump stated.

making biden look like albert einstein

Diamond
    Load Metric
    LOL @jimmyg, its gonna be seth rich and then u have to kill himself, deal??

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

in all seriousness, i have zero respect for anyone that chose this as president
    “As of the time I left the plane with you, we had 240 cases, that’s at least what was on a very fine network known as Fox News. I know you love it. But that’s what I happened to be watching, and how was the show last night? Did it get good ratings, by the way?” Trump asked, pointing to reporters.

“I don’t know,” Trump floated.

"I heard it broke ratings, but maybe that’s wrong. That’s what they told me. I can’t imagine that, but what happened is if you look at the number, the time we left, there were 240 cases and 11 deaths. That’s what it has been.”

Moments later, Trump then dove into another riff where he likened the “perfect” Coronousvirus testing kits to the “perfect” Ukraine “transcription” and “letter.”

Trump continued, “They have them out there. In addition to that, they are making millions more as we speak. But as of right now and yesterday, anybody that needs a test, that’s the important thing, and the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect.”

“The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that, but pretty good,” Trump stated.

making biden look like albert einstein

I didn’t think there was a prayer this guy could lose with as well as he’s ran since like early 2016. I kept saying no one can beat him unless something fucked up happens where anyone can beat him.

Trump says crazy shit every day, but imo, his commentary on this virus is hands down the craziest shit by a country mile.

I can’t imagine the conversations going on behind the scenes. You have medical professionals having to work around a mentally incapacitated president during a pandemic.

I don’t even care about the election. This isn’t even political at this point. This guy in charge during a pandemic is a legitimate national security crisis. You can give the White House to Ted Cruz at this point ffs and I don’t care. This dude can’t be in charge.

Comments

blake:

Load Metric
    quite a few people predicted this would be his waterloo. he doesnt have the faculties to understand how scary this is for people, because he literally doesnt understand what people are.

im not being cute, malignant narcissists are on the sociopath branch of the borderline spectrum.

oh you dont believe me?

thats the president saying he wants to keep people with bat beer flu on a boat instead of treating them in hospitals, because if they get off the ship, the number of infected on our soil goes up.

we are so used to this 'trump being trump' narrative, and so overwhelmed by it, that it took an actual plague to put it into focus.

10:00am trump claims he 'stopped' the spread of coronavirus.

4:25 p.m: Minnesota reports first coronavirus case

5:20 p.m: First coronavirus case in Oklahoma

6:35 p.m: Connecticut reveals first coronavirus case

7:18 p.m: First coronavirus case in Kentucky reported

8:05 p.m: Nebraska reports first coronavirus case

ask trump's base about bidens dementia when they are living out of cars and cant afford to bury their dead.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    quite a few people predicted this would be his waterloo. he doesnt have the faculties to understand how scary this is for people, because he literally doesnt understand what people are.

im not being cute, malignant narcissists are on the sociopath branch of the borderline spectrum.

oh you dont believe me?

thats the president saying he wants to keep people with bat beer flu on a boat instead of treating them in hospitals, because if they get off the ship, the number of infected on our soil goes up.

we are so used to this 'trump being trump' narrative, and so overwhelmed by it, that it took an actual plague to put it into focus.

10:00am trump claims he 'stopped' the spread of coronavirus.

4:25 p.m: Minnesota reports first coronavirus case

5:20 p.m: First coronavirus case in Oklahoma

6:35 p.m: Connecticut reveals first coronavirus case

7:18 p.m: First coronavirus case in Kentucky reported

8:05 p.m: Nebraska reports first coronavirus case

ask trump's base about bidens dementia when they are living out of cars and cant afford to bury their dead.
    OBVIOUSLY YOUR TDS IS OUT OF CONTROL
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Erik Prince, the security contractor with close ties to the Trump administration, has in recent years helped recruit former American and British spies for secretive intelligence-gathering operations that included infiltrating Democratic congressional campaigns, labor organizations and other groups considered hostile to the Trump agenda, according to interviews and documents.

One of the former spies, an ex-MI6 officer named Richard Seddon, helped run a 2017 operation to copy files and record conversations in a Michigan office of the American Federation of Teachers, one of the largest teachers’ unions in the nation. Mr. Seddon directed an undercover operative to secretly tape the union’s local leaders and try to gather information that could be made public to damage the organization, documents show.

Using a different alias the next year, the same undercover operative infiltrated the congressional campaign of Abigail Spanberger, then a former C.I.A. officer who went on to win an important House seat in Virginia as a Democrat. The campaign discovered the operative and fired her.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/07/u...t-veritas.html

They should all be in prison.

Comments

big dick: every last one of them

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Erik Prince, the security contractor with close ties to the Trump administration, has in recent years helped recruit former American and British spies for secretive intelligence-gathering operations that included infiltrating Democratic congressional campaigns, labor organizations and other groups considered hostile to the Trump agenda, according to interviews and documents.

One of the former spies, an ex-MI6 officer named Richard Seddon, helped run a 2017 operation to copy files and record conversations in a Michigan office of the American Federation of Teachers, one of the largest teachers’ unions in the nation. Mr. Seddon directed an undercover operative to secretly tape the union’s local leaders and try to gather information that could be made public to damage the organization, documents show.

Using a different alias the next year, the same undercover operative infiltrated the congressional campaign of Abigail Spanberger, then a former C.I.A. officer who went on to win an important House seat in Virginia as a Democrat. The campaign discovered the operative and fired her.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/07/u...t-veritas.html

They should all be in prison.
    Blackwater is a fun rabbit hole to go down.

This shit will get buried amid Coronavirus but man this story is wild.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    "We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the–go–you know–the thing."

-Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

Load Metric
    for all of us who don't really want bernie or biden, we need an emergency strategy session to come up with how we're going to hide this sort of defects from the public. i don't like that politico and mediaite have now done stories on it.

Load Metric
    for all of us who don't really want bernie or biden, we need an emergency strategy session to come up with how we're going to hide this sort of defects from the public. i don't like that politico and mediaite have now done stories on it.

no one cares.

seriously.

Load Metric
    the biden movement is driven largely by educated suburban dems who absolutely 100% recognize that he's going to likely have to abdicate the throne shortly after his election.

this isnt an election, its an emergency. you can wheel a comatose biden out on his hospital gurney for the debates and he'd still win the popular vote at least.

Comments

blake: god willing

Load Metric
    that said... the longer obama sits out endorsing biden, the more people are going to notice.

Load Metric

Yeah, it is a swipe at you.

Politicians make fun of Democrats => no problem. Late night comedian makes fun of Republicans and you throw a tantrum.

You complain all the time about people that are too 'politically correct' but when a comedian makes Republicans look like a bunch of idiots you get upset.

If Kimmel did a 'idiot on the street' bit with Liberal Lesbians you would've posted it with an 'LOL', not criticize him for cherry picking the dumbest ones inaccurately representing Liberal Lesbians. It's not his method or the fact that he's making a generalization about a group of people that pissed you off, it's the fact that you're part of the group he's making fun of. No different than Vanessa Selbst really.
    I don't care if they make fun of Republicans. They do it on late night TV every night, and I rarely post about it.

This particular segment was especially obnoxious because it was done from the point of coastal leftist arrogance. The "we're smart and enlightened, you're dumb and ignorant" variety, where it's couched as comedy.

The fact that they specifically excluded non-Republicans from the segment was especially lame.

You talk about what my supposed reaction would have been if the victims of this bit were "liberal lesbians", but that's exactly my point. Liberal lesbians would never be the target of such a bit -- or any derogatory bit -- nor would anyone on the left.

It's Kimmel's show, and he can do what he wants, but I can also comment that the segment is lame, unfunny, and politically arrogant/misleading.

In general, coastal liberals are always trying to posture about how much smarter and more sophisticated they think they are. Then they wonder why the rest of the country can't relate to them.
    In general, liberals (+ all vocal anti-Trumpers) are constantly making fun of Trump fans and Trump fans are constantly making fun of liberals.

You're right that there are no late night shows on any of the big networks that are clearly pro-Trump, but...so what? The president and his loyal base pwn the libs all day every day. It's a flame war. A shit show. Once you partake (pretty much anyone reading this has partook), you don't get to cry when someone hurts your feelings.

What's mind blowing to me is that this stupid Kimmel bit is the thing that gets under your skin. You've said so much worse. We all have. (plus you're Mr. 'The politically correct are faggot')

Also, it seems like you are unaware of what motivated Kimmel to do this specific bit:

1) He did normal stupid man on the street. Every person that made the cut looked 'liberal' , and all really stupid. At least I think they did.
    2) Cruz jumps in a fires a tweet, hoping it will go viral:

3) Kimmel responds by making fun of how stupid Republicans are.
    4) PFA CEO gets upset because Republicans aren't actually that stupid and it's not fair.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Druff is a conservative snowflake.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    the biden movement is driven largely by educated suburban dems who absolutely 100% recognize that he's going to likely have to abdicate the throne shortly after his election.

this isnt an election, its an emergency. you can wheel a comatose biden out on his hospital gurney for the debates and he'd still win the popular vote at least.
    The best thing that could happen for Biden’s campaign is that he struck with a rare neurological disorder that robs of the ability to speak. He could then appear in debates and public using a pre-programmed set of audio responses clipped together from before he started showing signs of dementia.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

In general, liberals (+ all vocal anti-Trumpers) are constantly making fun of Trump fans and Trump fans are constantly making fun of liberals.

You're right that there are no late night shows on any of the big networks that are clearly pro-Trump, but...so what? The president and his loyal base pwn the libs all day every day. It's a flame war. A shit show. Once you partake (pretty much anyone reading this has partook), you don't get to cry when someone hurts your feelings.

What's mind blowing to me is that this stupid Kimmel bit is the thing that gets under your skin. You've said so much worse. We all have. (plus you're Mr. 'The politically correct are idiotic')

Also, it seems like you are unaware of what motivated Kimmel to do this specific bit:

1) He did normal stupid man on the street. Every person that made the cut looked 'liberal' , and all really stupid. At least I think they did.
    2) Cruz jumps in a fires a tweet, hoping it will go viral:

3) Kimmel responds by making fun of how stupid Republicans are.
    4) PFA CEO gets upset because Republicans aren't actually that stupid and it's not fair.
    What do you mean "looked liberal"? Everyone showed in that Twitter segment didn't state what their political persuasion was, and most just appeared to be normal-looking young people. It's not like they only depicted people in "Fight the Patriarchy" or "Bernie 2020" shirts.

Cruz said, "This is Bernie's base", referring presumably to the fact that most fanatical Bernie supporters are young.

Kimmel then decided to ONLY interview Republicans. He didn't test whether Republicans flubbed this more than Democrats. He had his people only interview Republicans. Also notice they didn't allow Biden Democrats to do this, which wouldn't make sense because Cruz was only bashing "Bernie's base", not all Democrats.

It was a weak premise to bash Republicans on late night TV. That's it. And not Republican politicians, but average Republican citizens who really didn't deserve such ridicule.

I'm not being a "snowflake", as Mumbles just accused. I've said many times that Kimmel has the right to produce whichever segments he wants. I am not arguing that Kimmel should be censored in any way.

I'm just stating that this shit is so transparent and unfunny, and it's especially shameful if they're looking to humiliate average men and women on the street just to get back at Ted Cruz. These weren't even Republican activists. Just regular ol' dopes walking down the street, and they were humiliated on national TV so Kimmel could bash Republicans.

Seriously, fuck that guy.

Thread Information