Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    please be advised that lev parnas is literally younger than jared leto.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    What are your guys' lines on these people appearing as witnesses during the Trump Trial.

Bolton
    Mulvaney
    Joe
    Hunter
    Lev
    Rudy
    Whistle Blower
    Any witness from House Hearings

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Making it rain in the Ukraine is clearly stressful work. I’ve been watching that guy in the news and my default was early 60s without thinking about it much.

Mid-late 40s it all goes south for all of us, although not as bad as that guy. I was out with a buddy of mine last night having a beer and grabbing something to eat. I come back from the bathroom to find him talking to this dude who said my name excitedly as I approached the bar where we were sitting. I legit had no fucking clue who I was talking to for a half hour.

My buddy was doing most of the talking and from the context I could tell this was someone that went to school with us. My buddy had his phone face down on the bar so at 821pm I texted him who is this? If it was face up the other dude might have saw it, but face down I figured my buddy would see it and text me back. He finally said something to me that made a light bulb go off before my buddy ever got to the text. He started talking about growing up in our neighborhood and talking about all the idiots who are now dead or in jail and it dawned on me who I was talking to and not only did I know him, I knew him from probably age 5 and he lived like three houses down from me. Age is brutal. I can’t recall that ever happening when I’d come to town at 40. You might think wow this dude went bald, but you knew who it was. After say 45, it’s happened to me a whole bunch of times. Usually the light bulb goes off quicker. I know you’re roughly my age. This is why you skip class reunions at this point. It will be a night of that and discomfort.

Load Metric
    He said he doesn't drink. Biggest red flag of the Maddow interview imo - I guess he could mean "i've been sober for 8 months" though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

poker games have exactly nothing to do with international stability and an even cursory understanding of nash's game theory would explain why.

trump is bringing social instability to the global stage, he's capitulating to evangelicals who literally want the apocolypse to hurry up and come so people will stop making fun of them, and he believes data science is a chinese hoax.

thats why people hate him. he's a destabilizing element in a world 55 years older than when nuclear bombs were invented. we cant afford him.

That may be why YOU hate him. It’s a major reason why foreign leaders don’t like him. It’s also a major reason why he got elected. He Literally ran on ripping up these deals where the USA gets fucked, and he’s delivering on them.
    Don’t know what universe you live in, but in the one the rest of us live in Trump’s trade policies and posturing have been a huge net negative for the economy, especially for farmers in the midwest red states, and that’s ven figuring in the huge new federal farm aid package Trump got passed after realizing how much his trade war was fucking up many in his base.

Comments

dwai: get fucked n-word lover
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

That may be why YOU hate him. It’s a major reason why foreign leaders don’t like him. It’s also a major reason why he got elected. He Literally ran on ripping up these deals where the USA gets fucked, and he’s delivering on them.
    Don’t know what universe you live in, but in the one the rest of us live in Trump’s trade policies and posturing have been a huge net negative for the economy, especially for farmers in the midwest red states, and that’s ven figuring in the huge new federal farm aid package Trump got passed after realizing how much his trade war was fucking up many in his base.
    I live in the universe where China’s main import from the USA is food, mostly soybeans. Are you trying to tell the rest of the class that China has been a good trade partner over the last 30 or so years? What about thier apauling human rights and environmental record?

Good thing someone is trying to bargon a better deal with them maybe or are you so blinded by the “Orange man bad” agenda that maybe, at least in this case, he’s doing some good?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    What are your guys' lines on these people appearing as witnesses during the Trump Trial.

Bolton
    Mulvaney
    Joe
    Hunter
    Lev
    Rudy
    Whistle Blower
    Any witness from House Hearings
    saDLY,.... i don't think peeps are going to get the justice and see heads roll like they want to see here.

i get the feeling there won't be any public witnesses called. they will make up some shit about it not being warranted, and vote him innocent or not guilty. but the real reason is that their afraid something bad might come of it for trump
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    TRUMP(and also not god)IS GOD I WILL FIGHT PPL IN IOWA IF I NEED TO

don't make me do it, I have spare time

Comments

Muck Ficon: No one cares

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

drunk

BTW BLIZZARD OTW FIGHT ME

Load Metric
    and just like that, dersh's relentless media circus weirdness makes sense.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lev and I are almost the exact same age. Like, within weeks.

Makes me feel good to first look at his pic and then look in the mirror. Thanks for pointing this out.

The age difference between him and his hot wife looks even more magnified because he looks ancient.

Load Metric

I live in the universe where China’s main import from the USA is food, mostly soybeans. Are you trying to tell the rest of the class that China has been a good trade partner over the last 30 or so years? What about thier apauling human rights and environmental record?

Good thing someone is trying to bargon a better deal with them maybe or are you so blinded by the “Orange man bad” agenda that maybe, at least in this case, he’s doing some good?
    These things are definitely bad, but Trump is doing nothing about them.

In fact, Trump’s anti-Muslim rhetoric has most likely emboldened China into stepping up its political oppression of its Uyghurs Muslims, which has resulted in over a million of them being put into “re-education camps” (i.e. political prisoner concentration camps with forced propaganda conditioning, and possibly worse). But if I’m wrong about Team Trump essentially ignoring this gross human rights abuse by China, please point me to the Fox News segments that Trump has tweeted about as a must-stop condition for Trump to pull back on trade tariffs for Chinese goods...

Uh, Never mind. Turns out that last month the House of Representatives almost unanimously passed a bill to force Team Trump to get tough with China on the matter. Which pretty much signals that any of Trump’s public protestations over the matter to date were just hot air.
    US House approves bill that calls for sanctioning Chinese officials over Muslim detainment camps
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/04/us-h...ent-camps.html

Instead, please point me to Fox News coverage of Trump demanding that China stop poisoning its own people on mass due to pathetically lax environmental protections, and making China reforming their environmental protections as a condition for reducing/eliminating tariffs on Chinese goods...

Hold off on that request, too. Just found an news article from last month which discusses the ‘Phase one’
    terms of the trade deal Trump signed with China in December, as well as other key issues to be addressed in negotiations for the ‘Phase two’ terms and beyond. No mention of Trump demanding China strengthen its protections of the environment.

Trump signs off on deal to ease China trade war
    ‘Phase one’ agreement would scale back import tariffs and win concessions from Beijing
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...riff-deadline/

Seriously, dude. You’re batting 0 for 2 on the only two main issues you brought up a reasons for why the US should be tough on China re trade. Not a good way to get started debating this issue with someone who is a political junkie who also knows how to use the Google machine.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

In fact, Trump’s anti-Muslim rhetoric has most likely emboldened China into stepping up its political oppression of its Uyghurs Muslims, which has resulted in over a million of them being put into “re-education camps” (i.e. political prisoner concentration camps with forced propaganda conditioning, and possibly worse). But if I’m wrong about Team Trump essentially ignoring this gross human rights abuse by China, please point me to the Fox News segments that Trump has tweeted about as a must-stop condition for Trump to pull back on trade tariffs for Chinese goods...

Uh, Never mind. Turns out that last month the House of Representatives almost unanimously passed a bill to force Team Trump to get tough with China on the matter. Which pretty much signals that any of Trump’s public protestations over the matter to date were just hot air.
    US House approves bill that calls for sanctioning Chinese officials over Muslim detainment camps

Instead, please point me to Fox News coverage of Trump demanding that China stop poisoning its own people on mass due to pathetically lax environmental protections, and making China reforming their environmental protections as a condition for reducing/eliminating tariffs on Chinese goods...

Hold off on that request, too. Just found an news article from last month which discusses the ‘Phase one’
    terms of the trade deal Trump signed with China in December, as well as other key issues to be addressed in negotiations for the ‘Phase two’ terms and beyond. No mention of Trump demanding China strengthen its protections of the environment.

‘Phase one’ agreement would scale back import tariffs and win concessions from Beijing

Seriously, dude. You’re batting 0 for 2 on the only two main issues you brought up a reasons for why the US should be tough on China re trade. Not a good way to get started debating this issue with someone who is a political junkie who also knows how to use the Google machine.
    You missed the point. Not entirely and what you say above is absolutely valid. It was also valid for Obama, Bush, Clinton and Bush the 1st too. None of the previous did a fucking thing to stand our ground vs China especially economically and more specifically on a maceoeconomic/currency basis. Trump has at least attempted to take a stand and try and bargain a better deal. Before you say well why isn’t he taking a harder line it’s for reasons that should be obvious. This is a very difficult situation and if a trade war were to escalate it would be a bad thing for both of us and the rest of the world. It’s the reason why none of the previous presidents wanted to take on the issue. It’s a political third rail.

I’ll tell you right now if you think Russia “interfered” (or whatever we are calling it) in the last election China will try and “interfere” with this coming election to not have 45 re-elected.

Diamond
    Load Metric

drunk

BLIZZARDS ARE SO GOD. I feel bad for the ppl that will never know the satisfaction of having to do absolutely nothing because the entire state cant go anywhere

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

drunk

BLIZZARDS ARE SO GOD. I feel bad for the ppl that will never know the satisfaction of having to do absolutely nothing because the entire state cant go anywhere
    I dealt with one in Lake Tahoe for a full week in 2017.

Wouldn't do again.

So tilting to not be able to drive anywhere and to be stuck at the same few crappy restaurants for a week.

Load Metric
    Name:  F1E9E942-D308-4AE6-9022-BF4673390BAA.png
Views: 466
Size:  121.2 KB

Load Metric

You missed the point. Not entirely and what you say above is absolutely valid. It was also valid for Obama, Bush, Clinton and Bush the 1st too. None of the previous did a fucking thing to stand our ground vs China especially economically and more specifically on a maceoeconomic/currency basis. Trump has at least attempted to take a stand and try and bargain a better deal. Before you say well why isn’t he taking a harder line it’s for reasons that should be obvious. This is a very difficult situation and if a trade war were to escalate it would be a bad thing for both of us and the rest of the world. It’s the reason why none of the previous presidents wanted to take on the issue. It’s a political third rail.

I’ll tell you right now if you think Russia “interfered” (or whatever we are calling it) in the last election China will try and “interfere” with this coming election to not have 45 re-elected.
    Re the first paragraph of your response: Well, if you completely ignore Obama’s attempt to get the TPP passed and accepted as a trade treaty by the Senate, I’d agree with you about him doing nothing to stand our ground versus China. Because the main objective of the TTP was to create a huge trading block of nations that included as many of China’s neighbors in order to have more real bargaining power against China regarding managing our trade relationship with China.

So to say that he was doing nothing is a complete misread of both his actions and intent regarding trade with China. One could disagree with whether that strategy would have been more effective than Trump’s unilateral go-it-alone tariff war-plus-excessive-blustering that has only resulted in hurting the economy and at best minimal gains on actual trade terms with China.

Re your second paragraph: Why would China want to see someone other than Trump in the White House? His tariff war hasn’t made an appreciable chain in the longterm trajectory of China’s increasing economic might. And Xi knows that Trump will eventually settle for nominal changes in trade terms in a new trade deal in order to publicly declare that he is “winning” versus China. Because with Trump, actual substance doesn’t matter, only the public perception of his supposed accomplishments on that front.

And while his go-it-alone blustering looks good to his base, it does nothing to strategically improve the US’ economy bargaining power over China, which because is not a democratically elected government, can play the long game to tolerate any short term economic pain Trump’s trade war imposes before that “winning” new trade deal on the books.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Just watched Alan Dershowitz give his constitutional case on CNN against impeachment, made Jeff Tobin look stupid. I hope my mind is that sharp when I’m 81, pretty impressive guy.

Load Metric
    At least 263 school shootings since Trump took office.

Just another record that Trump is proud of.

Bought to you by Mike Bloomberg - A real Billionaire who will never become President

Load Metric

Thread Information