Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    I think you’re projecting.

Less drinkers and drug addicts-true.

Classic literature? Lol. Right wingers , particularly kids, read whatever Chan. They’re idiots. No one on the far right reads a fucking thing. That’s true for most of culture, but the only avid readers I know are of the left.

They are interested in cherry picking historical facts. They don’t know history other than something they can mischaracterize as in agreement with their philosophy. Culture is just a another word for gravitating towards Odin nonsense. I mean, Jews have contributed to culture disproportionally. No demographic is anywhere close to adding to American culture per Capita. That extends to medical advancements, winning wars, and the multitude of ways they have been the single most important group.

Listen, i don’t think badly of white people. I socialize almost exclusively with them. They’re my friends. I get the meme is meant to demonstrate the vilification of a garden variety white kid as an extremist is unfair, and it almost always is unfair. That said, they aren’t some evolved Renaissance young people. They’re just a bunch of white kids trolling around in MAGA hats and playing video games same as any other young jackass. I’d rather walk past a pack of them on a lonely street than 5 black kids because I live in the real world. Extremists of any variety are rare. Criminals are not rare, and far less likely to be maga hat wearing kids.

A simple meme saying right wing kids commit crimes at a lesser rate is a far more convincing meme than that nonsense painting extremists as some elevated group. Extremists of any political bent are almost always simpletons. The world is nuanced. Extremists don’t do nuance.

Comments

devidee: Projecting? I literally pray for Hilter 2 the electric joogaloo every single night

Load Metric
    So the joos are dropping bombs on Damascus while the Syrians hold their Christmas celebrations.

Load Metric
    "I never understood wind, I know windmills very much, I've studied it better than anybody. I know it's very expensive - Tremendous fumes, gases are spewing into the atmosphere, you know we have a world, right? So, the world is tiny compared to the universe."

Guess. Guess who said that.

Comments

devidee: Perhaps a God. A King.

nightmarefish: LMFAO
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    CrowdStrike co-founder Dmitri Alperovitch held a Special Government Employee status with the Pentagon in 2013 and 2014.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    CrowdStrike co-founder Dmitri Alperovitch held a Special Government Employee status with the Pentagon in 2013 and 2014.

iirc he was working Chinese APT cases for uncle back then, so story checks out.

Comments

devidee: If his uncle had balls he’d be Hillary Clinton

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    i see no ones bringing up the fact that hours before trump made his call to ukraine, fox news put up a poll saying biden was both a front runner dnc candidate and going to absolutely bury trump in the polls by 10 points minimum.

Load Metric
    also this christian times sitch is not going away and is in fact snowballing through his most essential cult base.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i see no ones bringing up the fact that hours before trump made his call to ukraine, fox news put up a poll saying biden was both a front runner dnc candidate and going to absolutely bury trump in the polls by 10 points minimum.
    beat me to it

Load Metric
    "I never understood wind, I know windmills very much, I've studied it better than anybody. I know it's very expensive - Tremendous fumes, gases are spewing into the atmosphere, you know we have a world, right? So, the world is tiny compared to the universe."

In before Druff comes in about the left just taking Trump out of context.

RIP birds
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    This is a perfect example of how boring Trump is. How many times has he said "no one knows more about (insert word here) than Donald J Trump."
    Tech (LOLOLOLOLOL), Crime, corruption, ISIS (more than the generals even) and now wind? Typical Despot thinking people want to hear him ramble on for hours.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    LOL at Bevins, for having Trump come in on the last night to vote, to 'save the day'.
    Had he not, he might have won and not had to deal w/this.

Figures a republican would pardon a child rapist, then victim blame a 9 year old.
    Says shit like 'evidence was shaky' really? cuz 12 jurors didn't feel that way.

Amid claims of 'political favoritism,' FBI is asking questions about former Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin's pardons

https://www.yahoo.com/news/amid-clai...020750513.html

Former Kentucky Gov. Bevin pardoned a child rapist. One of his reasons: The 9-year-old victim's hymen was intact

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/20/us/fo...rnd/index.html

San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    rudy, like 3 days ago:

"I know how to not commit a crime."

rudy today:
    he set up a facebook page describing himself as a former attorney general for the united states, and a government official. neither of these are true, and representing either of them falsely is a crime.

all.. the.. best... people.

Load Metric
    rudy, like 3 days ago:

rudy today:
    he set up a facebook page describing himself as a former attorney general for the united states, and a government official. neither of these are true, and representing either of them falsely is a crime.

I have no idea, but he could have been a specially appointed assistant attorney general for something and he would be w/n his rights to refer to himself that way - well, it happens all the time on the state level.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    rudy, like 3 days ago:

rudy today:

I have no idea, but he could have been a specially appointed assistant attorney general for something and he would be w/n his rights to refer to himself that way - well, it happens all the time on the state level.

trump literally just said rudy was acting as his personal lawyer when he traveled to ukraine to extort their president.

he's one or the other and trump said he's not a govvy. honestly its pretty straight forward.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    also this christian times sitch is not going away and is in fact snowballing through his most essential cult base.
    What are they going to do, vote for Warren or Sanders instead? They are way too far down that rabbit hole to ever come back. The last thing Trump needs to do is worry about is losing this demographic.

Very similar to what Maher says about the Democratic candidates and the mistake they are making catering to divisive fringe progressives. Fringe progressives have to vote Democrat anyways, so it is a mistake to go too far left to cater to them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    What are they going to do, vote for Warren or Sanders instead? They are way too far down that rabbit hole to ever come back. The last thing Trump needs to do is worry about is losing this demographic.

Very similar to what Maher says about the Democratic candidates and the mistake they are making catering to divisive fringe progressives. Fringe progressives have to vote Democrat anyways, so it is a mistake to go too far left to cater to them.

maher has a huge blind spot when it comes to emerging demographics. hes a great satirist but when it comes to newer voters, he turns into clint eastwood. young people are looking for radical change and the pendulum is swinging in their direction.

in any case, trump cant afford to keep giving people excuses not to party with him, least of all the people who essentially run the gop.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

trump literally just said rudy was acting as his personal lawyer when he traveled to ukraine to extort their president.

he's one or the other and trump said he's not a govvy. honestly its pretty straight forward.
    The small bit you quoted sounded to me like he was referring to having previously served in that capacity.

I mentioned pages back that Rudy fucked up when at one point he said he wasn’t acting as the president’s lawyers over there.

Just more of the same.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

maher has a huge blind spot when it comes to emerging demographics. hes a great satirist but when it comes to newer voters, he turns into clint eastwood. young people are looking for radical change and the pendulum is swinging in their direction.

in any case, trump cant afford to keep giving people excuses not to party with him, least of all the people who essentially run the gop.
    Maybe in 30 years, when these "younger people" are our age, and the new younger people are even further left, your point might be correct. That is, provided today's younger people don't veer right as the boomers did (which they probably will).

In 2020, Maher is 100% correct that the Democrats are making a mistake trying to out-left each other, because these positions really turn off swing voters, and the diehard left isn't voting Republican anyway.

I remember in high school, a teacher told us, "When studying for a test, don't study the stuff you already know. Find the stuff you don't know well and study it." Good advice. Similarly, when campaigning or debating, don't try to pander to those already voting for you. Pander to those who are considering voting for you. Trump understood this in 2016, which is why he won various swing states which had eluded Republicans for over 20 years. Instead of just sticking to Republican talking points, he focused upon the talking points most likely to resonate with swing voters, and figured the Republicans he pissed off would eventually fall in line. And they did. Really smart strategy, actually.

I know a number of swing voters. These are people who don't like Trump and aren't conservative, but also aren't on the left. They agree with some positions from each party. They would actually be more likely to vote for a Democratic candidate in 2020, but all of them have expressed alarm at some of the stuff they're hearing in the Democratic debates. Socialized medicine, UBI, free college, reparations... this all seems insane to them, and makes Trump actually look like the safe alternative!

If Biden wins the primary (which he probably will), he definitely won't be pushing all this far-left shit in the general election, but he's already said enough far-left stuff on the debate stage which Trump can use against him later. I don't even think he meant any of the far-left shit he said... just that he felt he had to demonstrate his left wing credentials so he doesn't lose some of his more progressive voters in the primary. But it will probably come back to bite him later.

If Bernie or Warren wins the primary, they're going to get clobbered in the general election, because the general public ain't going for all the radical shit they're trying to sell.

Biden is really the only one who scares me, strangely enough. Trump will crush any of the other big three in the Democratic field. Klobuchar would have had a decent shot against Trump, but she's not going to win the primary.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, Democrats need to get the following through their thick heads:

Swing voters don't want free shit, even if they will get utilization from some of it. They just don't. It's not in their mindset.

Swing voters tend to be of the mindset that everyone should earn their way to what they have. They hate the idea of "free" things, because all they can think about is the lazy freeloader getting free shit off of their tax dollars. They don't think, "Wow, it would be cool to have free healthcare" or "Wow, I would love free college for my kids." They think, "Motherfucker, I'm gonna be taxed even more, and some lazy assholes who don't even work are going to get the benefit of those extra tax dollars. Fuck that shit!"

Whether you agree or disagree with that mindset, this is how they think.

Democrats are trying to approach them with, "Hey, look, you'll never be crushed by a high medical bill again" and "Hey, look, college won't be out of financial reach for your kids", but they aren't buying it. Democrats then keep trying to hammer them with more of the same message, basically saying, "Don't you understand, stupid?! We're trying to help you out here!"

And the swing voter is all, "We don't want or need your 'help'. Stop raising our taxes and get the fuck outta here!"

Democrats could have a lot of these voters back if they changed their message. But instead they're going further left, and the message to the swing voters is, "Come along with this, it will help you, too!"

Dems still haven't learned a thing.

Comments

Tellafriend:

Load Metric
    wouldnt be christmas eve without druff railing against social equality while tacitly validating science denial and government spending as the adult choices.

Load Metric
    Zoomers are tired of unlimited graphic pornography, watching their relatives die from opioids, drag queen story hour, crushing predatory debt. And they know where (((who))) all of these ills come from. They will usher in an authoritarian government who will in turn usher in the day of the rope.

And it will be glorious.

Thread Information