Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This is all much ado about nothing. Trump won't be removed from office. Might be impeached, but it will stop there.

An impeachment may or may not negatively affect the 2020 election for him. For example, Bill Clinton was very popular upon leaving office, despite having been impeached. Many ended up seeing it as a frivolous witch hunt.

Do I believe Trump was guilty of trying to apply backdoor pressure upon Ukraine to investigate the Bidens? Yes. Do I think that's wrong for a President to do? Yes. Was it illegal? Yes.

But you see, this isn't going to hurt Trump that much because very few people who voted for him believed him to be honest and highly ethical. Trump's supporters almost universally believe, "The guy is an arrogant asshole and a little bit shady, but we need someone like that to get things done, so whatever works."

Now, if this happened with someone like Jimmy Carter, that would be a different story. Carter was elected because, after Nixon, America wanted a nice, honest, straightforward gentleman. If Carter had turned out not to be that honest gentleman, that would have really shocked people and killed his political prospects.

Trump has never attempted to portray himself as nice, honest, or good-hearted. The message was, "Elect me, and I will get done what needs to get done."

That's why you're not finding many people whose opinions of Trump were changed by this. They either already hated him, or begrudgingly accepted his obvious faults for practical reasons.

there is a flaw in the bolded segments.

trump's core, youre right about. but those people didnt vote him into office. the two types of people who really put trump in office are 1) swing voters who recognized that radical changes are taking place in society, not to their benefit, and that a radical out-of-the-box choice for president might actually help them, and 2) people who, for whatever reason, couldnt get behind hillary so they stayed home.

so when it comes to putting trump in office in 2020, battle for those hearts and minds is going to be pivotal, and its going to depend largely on whether or not the democrats can simply find someone to run that people wont fucking hate to vote for.

and thanks largely to the very real rift in the democrat party between centerists and people who want to radically alter the fabric of our society (for the benefit of all, in my opinion), its by no means a sure bet they can find a digestible alternative to trump2020. biden, toxic. warren, toxic. bernie, toxic. yang, damned near a libertarian. kamala is a fucking cop. and the rest of the field have totally failed to make their voices heart in any meaningful way.

and underpinning all this is the total lack of any public discourse about what went wrong with hillary's campaign. all the analysis has been outside-looking-in. its difficult to tell if the dnc has purged the sorts of career idiots who were like 'the rust belt is ours, ignore it and definitely dont get down in the dirt with this guy' etc etc.

most of this has been said before but my coffee is strong so fuck it.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    “Privately, the president had often talked about fortifying a border wall with a water-filled trench, stocked with snakes or alligators, prompting aides to seek a cost estimate. He wanted the wall electrified, with spikes on top that could pierce human flesh,” the paper noted. “After publicly suggesting that soldiers shoot migrants if they threw rocks, the president backed off when his staff told him that was illegal. But later in a meeting, aides recalled, he suggested that they shoot migrants in the legs to slow them down. That’s not allowed either, they told him.”
    I actually loled.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    For my friends on the left, all hypothetical, but if it was proven that both the Russia investigation and the Ukraine investigation were an attempted coup. One by the FBI and one by the CIA, would you support those guilty of being charged with treason?

If yes, would you support the death penalty for their actions?
    An American (person or group) trying to overthrow the American government isn't treason. I don't think.

I don't think you can really call anything involving impeachment a coup either.

These are just the most dramatic words Trump can think of sometimes when he's upset about something.
    You really think he’s smart enough to come with this shit? The talking points are feed to him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Do you think he's remotely competent and fit for office?
    He's a lot more competent and fit for office than Democrats give him credit for.

There's been a weird contradictory narrative from the left which jumps between "Trump is an evil genius who knows exactly how to dog-whistle racist whites to support him" and "Trump is an unhinged moron who has no clue what the fuck is going on".

It can't be both. If he were the bumbling fool that the left often portrays him to be, he'd never have gotten elected in the first place.

Trump has an inappropriate temperament for office. That has been clear for a long time. He has a thin skin, gets rattled easily, and can't control himself when it comes to his tweets.

He also isn't intellectually curious. Some Presidents overthink situations and end up either afraid to take necessary actions or end up doing the wrong thing. A good example was the moving of the US Embassy to Jerusalem. Every President in recent times swore they were going to do it, but backed away from it due to both fear and overthinking the situation. Trump just said "Fuck it. I said I'm going to do it, and I'm doing it." And he did. And the fallout that so many "experts" predicted never materialized, aside from a few idiotic protests at the time. Yes, this was overall a minor decision, but it was a good example of where Trump's strength lies. When he feels something is right, he goes forward with his plans, and doesn't allow the usual overthinking and second-guessing to get in his way. That's actually refreshing.

The other side of this coin is that he underthinks and under-researches, leading to poorly informed decisions in some cases.

Then, of course, is his semi-shady, New York influenced "you gotta do what you gotta do" code of ethics, which basically leads him to believe that he's king and can do whatever he wants with no consequence. This leads him into dumb shit like the Ukraine phone call, which then dogs him for a long time as his detractors attack him.

I'm sometimes mistaken for a Trump supporter. I'm really not one. I have begrudgingly accepted his Presidency as an unfortunate fact, and realized that, for all his flaws, at the end of the day the policies out of his Administration resemble much more of what I'd support than would come from any Democrat. So that's why I'm going to vote for him in 2020. The Democrats have gone so far left that I can't even slightly relate to them anymore.

Do I wish a different Republican was in office? Definitely.

I do have to admit that I get some pleasure out of watching internet SJWs tilt over him. That part is really entertaining. When Trump won in 2016, I had mixed feelings about it (though I was moderately rooting for him despite not voting for him). However, the best part of the victory was watching the SJWs freak out, especially after watching how arrogant they were in the months prior to the election.
    I dont think anyone, in either party, is calling him a genius, other than himself. He got elected precisely because he comes off as an obnoxious blowhard, but his mental deficiencies extend far, far beyond 'having a thin skin'.

I'm glad that you enjoy the SJW's tilting.

It's unfortunate how strong this sentiment is. This guy debases what this country stands for on a daily basis and the pious GOP just stands silent or claps along.

What a party.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

He's a lot more competent and fit for office than Democrats give him credit for.

There's been a weird contradictory narrative from the left which jumps between "Trump is an evil genius who knows exactly how to dog-whistle racist whites to support him" and "Trump is an unhinged moron who has no clue what the fuck is going on".

It can't be both. If he were the bumbling fool that the left often portrays him to be, he'd never have gotten elected in the first place.

Trump has an inappropriate temperament for office. That has been clear for a long time. He has a thin skin, gets rattled easily, and can't control himself when it comes to his tweets.

He also isn't intellectually curious. Some Presidents overthink situations and end up either afraid to take necessary actions or end up doing the wrong thing. A good example was the moving of the US Embassy to Jerusalem. Every President in recent times swore they were going to do it, but backed away from it due to both fear and overthinking the situation. Trump just said "Fuck it. I said I'm going to do it, and I'm doing it." And he did. And the fallout that so many "experts" predicted never materialized, aside from a few idiotic protests at the time. Yes, this was overall a minor decision, but it was a good example of where Trump's strength lies. When he feels something is right, he goes forward with his plans, and doesn't allow the usual overthinking and second-guessing to get in his way. That's actually refreshing.

The other side of this coin is that he underthinks and under-researches, leading to poorly informed decisions in some cases.

Then, of course, is his semi-shady, New York influenced "you gotta do what you gotta do" code of ethics, which basically leads him to believe that he's king and can do whatever he wants with no consequence. This leads him into dumb shit like the Ukraine phone call, which then dogs him for a long time as his detractors attack him.

I'm sometimes mistaken for a Trump supporter. I'm really not one. I have begrudgingly accepted his Presidency as an unfortunate fact, and realized that, for all his flaws, at the end of the day the policies out of his Administration resemble much more of what I'd support than would come from any Democrat. So that's why I'm going to vote for him in 2020. The Democrats have gone so far left that I can't even slightly relate to them anymore.

Do I wish a different Republican was in office? Definitely.

I do have to admit that I get some pleasure out of watching internet SJWs tilt over him. That part is really entertaining. When Trump won in 2016, I had mixed feelings about it (though I was moderately rooting for him despite not voting for him). However, the best part of the victory was watching the SJWs freak out, especially after watching how arrogant they were in the months prior to the election.
    I dont think anyone, in either party, is calling him a genius, other than himself. He got elected precisely because he comes off as an obnoxious blowhard, but his mental deficiencies extend far, far beyond 'having a thin skin'.

I'm glad that you enjoy the SJW's tilting.

It's unfortunate how strong this sentiment is. This guy debases what this country stands for on a daily basis and the pious GOP just stands silent or claps along.

What a party.

this is exactly how the GOP constituency feels when democrats have the audacity to declare poverty and suffering unacceptable, regard the environment as a life-sustaining necessity, provide women agency over their own bodies, and refuse to bend the knee to an imaginary sky father who thinks critical thought / intellectual aptitude is for faggots.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

fascinating.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    “Privately, the president had often talked about fortifying a border wall with a water-filled trench, stocked with snakes or alligators, prompting aides to seek a cost estimate. He wanted the wall electrified, with spikes on top that could pierce human flesh,” the paper noted. “After publicly suggesting that soldiers shoot migrants if they threw rocks, the president backed off when his staff told him that was illegal. But later in a meeting, aides recalled, he suggested that they shoot migrants in the legs to slow them down. That’s not allowed either, they told him.”
    I think it’s a great idea, provided we make it into a realty type game show. Anyone who actually makes it across alive gets automatic American citizenship. Other contestants are awarded monetary prizes for capturing the undesirables. Extra cash awarded for capturing a Muslim terrorist.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

Quick question — did you read the transcript where trump asks a foreign government to investigate his chief political rival? or is that a scam

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

Quick question — did you read the transcript where trump asks a foreign government to investigate his chief political rival? or is that a scam

Joe Biden should stop committing scams if he doesn't want ppl asking about it imo. On the other hand, Trump gets investigated for 1.5 years on what the investigators knew was a made up scam. LOOKS LIKE AN ABSOLUTE BLOWOUT LANDSLIDE FOR THE TRUMPSTER

Comments

Tellafriend: Indeed

Load Metric
    rudy just claimed he was the origin of the entire biden/ukraine story, and that it was part of a 'disinformation packet' he provided to State like in march 2019, and that he approached the ukraine gov about an investigation by basically telling them the story he made up.

Load Metric
    also warren may have had an affair with some rando marine. probably not tho.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    rudy just claimed he was the origin of the entire biden/ukraine story, and that it was part of a 'disinformation packet' he provided to State like in march 2019, and that he approached the ukraine gov about an investigation by basically telling them the story he made up.
    Oh sweetie, why lie?

Btw, this just in, Hillary wanted Ukraine to dig up dirt on Trump.

Load Metric
    Trump has never attempted to portray himself as nice, honest, or good-hearted. The message was, "Elect me, and I will get done what needs to get done."
    Actually, I think it was "Elect me and I will fuck up the system" and with that Trump has been a tremendous success.

Every person who wears a "Make America Great Again" hat deserves at least a black eye.

Comments

Tellafriend: beneath you

Load Metric
    who could have imagined that this administration would get totally engulfed in back stabbing chaos, again.

Load Metric

hey guuuuys? rudy wrote the report and photoshopped a white house letterhead on it and sent it to pompeo.

Load Metric
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 1.35.55 AM.png
Views: 327
Size:  830.8 KB

Diamond
    Load Metric
    GIULIANI IS GOD GUY IS ON TILT GOING ALL IN V THE SWAMP

Load Metric

Thread Information