Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Breaking: Jeffrey Epstein committed suicide overnight at MCC Manhattan, the federal lockup where he had been held pending trial on federal sex trafficking charges, three law enforcement officials told @ABC News.

(((suicide)))

LULZ
    Only question is how many more mass murders will be put in motion this week so this story goes as quietly as possible. Might be a good weekend to stay home.

Comments

devidee: Just a jooincidence I’m sure

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by David USF View Post

All the lefties are going apeshit about this photo. Heaven forbid the President celebrate the survival of a baby. Obviously they're not happy about the baby being an orphan. If this were Obama, they would fawn all over him.
    It isn't just lefties, and say what you will about Obama I don't think he's dumb enough to put himself in a position like that.

And if he did, you, me and every other R or conservative in America would be howling with indignant outrage.

Could there be nuance or extenuating circumstances that explain the photo? Sure, anything is possible. But it's a horrible fucking look and to say otherwise frankly is preposterous.

Comments

duped_samaritan:

Walter Sobchak: Consistent standards rep

sonatine: preposterous, frankly

Load Metric

All the lefties are going apeshit about this photo. Heaven forbid the President celebrate the survival of a baby. Obviously they're not happy about the baby being an orphan. If this were Obama, they would fawn all over him.
    Do you really think he was celebrating the survival of a baby?

This was either just before or just after he bragged to the hospital staff about how big the crowds were at his El Paso rally (and how small crazy Betos were).

More likely he was just in 'campaign photo op' mode, posing with a baby like he's done thousands of times before. Which is obviously inappropriate for the situation.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    CNN's Jim Acosta reports that the 2-month old baby orphaned in the #ElPaso shooting was discharged from the hospital and then brought back yesterday only for President Donald Trump's photo op. The tiny infant has a broken hand.

totally normal human behavior.
    "The man pictured to the left of the president is the baby’s uncle, who told the El Paso Times that his brother was “a big Trump supporter,” and that the uncle wanted Trump “to know our family stands with the president.” For that reason, the baby, who had been discharged earlier according to hospital officials, was returned for the president’s visit and captured in the photo."

Comments

MumblesBadly: So, there *is* some measure of justice in the world, albeit rather cruelly and stochastically dispensed.

Load Metric
    hes.. giving.. a.... thumbs...... up.... and grinning.... like a jack-o-lantern...... next to... an orphan.... whose parents..... were murdered...... like 2 days before..... by a right... wing... .. terrorist.... who cribbed trumps tweets......... for his.... manifesto.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    hes.. giving.. a.... thumbs...... up.... and grinning.... like a jack-o-lantern...... next to... an orphan.... whose parents..... were murdered...... like 2 days before..... by a right... wing... .. terrorist.... who cribbed trumps tweets......... for his.... manifesto.
    Said the boomer lib...

Load Metric
    lets not forget also fat

Comments

RS_: Very fat*

Load Metric
    also tine wwwwwwwwwere gonna need you in the preseason draftkings for god and country

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    also tine wwwwwwwwwere gonna need you in the preseason draftkings for god and country

excuse me i submitted my picks like an hour ago.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    APOLOGIES FOR NOT CHECKING ON THE STATE OF OUR ONGOING BURGS I FEEL BAD ABOUT THAT POST NOW

Load Metric
    Trump didn't lose just Tony, Mooch flew the coop, too.

Lets make it a triple,
    If Druff left, I see the perfect landing spot for him,
    Its time he leaves #JewsForFacism and joins #JewsAgainstICE

They are shutting down ice centers and amazon book stores as they profit off ICE????

Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

It isn't just lefties, and say what you will about Obama I don't think he's dumb enough to put himself in a position like that.

And if he did, you, me and every other R or conservative in America would be howling with indignant outrage.

Could there be nuance or extenuating circumstances that explain the photo? Sure, anything is possible. But it's a horrible fucking look and to say otherwise frankly is preposterous.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Amazon supports ICE? Heh, I guess Amazon isn't so bad after all.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Name:  1565580196740.png
Views: 383
Size:  165.4 KB

Load Metric
    President George W. Bush's chief speechwriter, Michael Gerson, has a message for people who are excusing President Trump's racism:

"I had fully intended to ignore President Trump’s latest round of racially charged taunts against an African American elected official, and an African American activist, and an African American journalist and a whole city with a lot of African Americans in it. I had every intention of walking past Trump’s latest outrages and writing about the self-destructive squabbling of the Democratic presidential field, which has chosen to shame former vice president Joe Biden for the sin of being an electable, moderate liberal.

But I made the mistake of pulling James Cone’s 'The Cross and the Lynching Tree' off my shelf — a book designed to shatter convenient complacency. Cone recounts the case of a white mob in Valdosta, Ga., in 1918 that lynched an innocent man named Haynes Turner. Turner’s enraged wife, Mary, promised justice for the killers. The sheriff responded by arresting her and then turning her over to the mob, which included women and children. According to one source, Mary was 'stripped, hung upside down by the ankles, soaked with gasoline, and roasted to death. In the midst of this torment, a white man opened her swollen belly with a hunting knife and her infant fell to the ground and was stomped to death.'

God help us. It is hard to write the words. This evil — the evil of white supremacy, resulting in dehumanization, inhumanity and murder — is the worst stain, the greatest crime, of U.S. history. It is the thing that nearly broke the nation. It is the thing that proved generations of Christians to be vicious hypocrites. It is the thing that turned normal people into moral monsters, capable of burning a grieving widow to death and killing her child.

When the president of the United States plays with that fire or takes that beast out for a walk, it is not just another political event, not just a normal day in campaign 2020. It is a cause for shame. It is the violation of martyrs’ graves. It is obscene graffiti on the Lincoln Memorial. It is, in the eyes of history, the betrayal — the re-betrayal — of Haynes and Mary Turner and their child. And all of this is being done by an ignorant and arrogant narcissist reviving racist tropes for political gain, indifferent to the wreckage he is leaving, the wounds he is ripping open.

Like, I suspect, many others, I am finding it hard to look at resurgent racism as just one in a series of presidential offenses or another in a series of Republican errors. Racism is not just another wrong. The Antietam battlefield is not just another plot of ground. The Edmund Pettus Bridge is not just another bridge. The balcony outside Room 306 at the Lorraine Motel is not just another balcony. As U.S. history hallows some causes, it magnifies some crimes.

What does all this mean politically? It means that Trump’s divisiveness is getting worse, not better. He makes racist comments, appeals to racist sentiments and inflames racist passions. The rationalization that he is not, deep down in his heart, really a racist is meaningless. Trump’s continued offenses mean that a large portion of his political base is energized by racist tropes and the language of white grievance. And it means — whatever their intent — that those who play down, or excuse, or try to walk past these offenses are enablers.

Some political choices are not just stupid or crude. They represent the return of our country’s cruelest, most dangerous passion. Such racism indicts Trump. Treating racism as a typical or minor matter indicts us."

— Michael Gerson

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: LOL
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    President George W. Bush's chief speechwriter, Michael Gerson, has a message for people who are excusing President Trump's racism:

"I had fully intended to ignore President Trump’s latest round of racially charged taunts against an African American elected official, and an African American activist, and an African American journalist and a whole city with a lot of African Americans in it. I had every intention of walking past Trump’s latest outrages and writing about the self-destructive squabbling of the Democratic presidential field, which has chosen to shame former vice president Joe Biden for the sin of being an electable, moderate liberal.

But I made the mistake of pulling James Cone’s 'The Cross and the Lynching Tree' off my shelf — a book designed to shatter convenient complacency. Cone recounts the case of a white mob in Valdosta, Ga., in 1918 that lynched an innocent man named Haynes Turner. Turner’s enraged wife, Mary, promised justice for the killers. The sheriff responded by arresting her and then turning her over to the mob, which included women and children. According to one source, Mary was 'stripped, hung upside down by the ankles, soaked with gasoline, and roasted to death. In the midst of this torment, a white man opened her swollen belly with a hunting knife and her infant fell to the ground and was stomped to death.'

God help us. It is hard to write the words. This evil — the evil of white supremacy, resulting in dehumanization, inhumanity and murder — is the worst stain, the greatest crime, of U.S. history. It is the thing that nearly broke the nation. It is the thing that proved generations of Christians to be vicious hypocrites. It is the thing that turned normal people into moral monsters, capable of burning a grieving widow to death and killing her child.

When the president of the United States plays with that fire or takes that beast out for a walk, it is not just another political event, not just a normal day in campaign 2020. It is a cause for shame. It is the violation of martyrs’ graves. It is obscene graffiti on the Lincoln Memorial. It is, in the eyes of history, the betrayal — the re-betrayal — of Haynes and Mary Turner and their child. And all of this is being done by an ignorant and arrogant narcissist reviving racist tropes for political gain, indifferent to the wreckage he is leaving, the wounds he is ripping open.

Like, I suspect, many others, I am finding it hard to look at resurgent racism as just one in a series of presidential offenses or another in a series of Republican errors. Racism is not just another wrong. The Antietam battlefield is not just another plot of ground. The Edmund Pettus Bridge is not just another bridge. The balcony outside Room 306 at the Lorraine Motel is not just another balcony. As U.S. history hallows some causes, it magnifies some crimes.

What does all this mean politically? It means that Trump’s divisiveness is getting worse, not better. He makes racist comments, appeals to racist sentiments and inflames racist passions. The rationalization that he is not, deep down in his heart, really a racist is meaningless. Trump’s continued offenses mean that a large portion of his political base is energized by racist tropes and the language of white grievance. And it means — whatever their intent — that those who play down, or excuse, or try to walk past these offenses are enablers.

Some political choices are not just stupid or crude. They represent the return of our country’s cruelest, most dangerous passion. Such racism indicts Trump. Treating racism as a typical or minor matter indicts us."

— Michael Gerson
    Unfortunately anyone who thinks Trump isn't racist won't make it past the first paragraph.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    you're completely right, you're completely rational... Trump calling Baltimore a shithole is the same as slicing open a pregnant black woman's stomach, spilling her unborn child to the pavement and stomping it. That makes sense. Trump is a racist, and Trump is responsible for racism

Load Metric
    facebook is muting posts quoting trump for hate speech.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    you're completely right, you're completely rational... Trump calling Baltimore a shithole is the same as slicing open a pregnant black woman's stomach, spilling her unborn child to the pavement and stomping it. That makes sense. Trump is a racist, and Trump is responsible for racism
    Of course the most racist act in American history continues to be propagated by the American left.

The fact that 30 million of the 40 or so million abortions that have been performed in this country are on Black women has led to an affective genocide of the Black community in America. Literally there about about 40 million Black people in the US, so there would be at least 70+ million and Republicans are considered the racists.

The American left has come up with a solution to exterminate a population on the levels of Stalin, Mao and Khan. Literally they make Hitler look like an amateur. The best part is they have gotten the American population to buy in and call it “freedom”.

Comments

MumblesBadly: If only your logic were only as faulty as your attempt to spell 'effective'.

RS_: if they want to kill themselves, i say go ahead. they already are in the streets ffs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    Of course the most racist act in American history continues to be propagated by the American left.

The fact that 30 million of the 40 or so million abortions that have been performed in this country are on Black women has led to an affective genocide of the Black community in America. Literally there about about 40 million Black people in the US, so there would be at least 70+ million and Republicans are considered the racists.

The American left has come up with a solution to exterminate a population on the levels of Stalin, Mao and Khan. Literally they make Hitler look like an amateur. The best part is they have gotten the American population to buy in and call it “freedom”.

Load Metric
    Jace I just got a call from veranda magazine they said you're not renewing?

Thread Information