Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post

Until they are 65 and they grab all the free shit they can get. Fucking pathetic.
    I’ll bite. What free shit?
    Health Care, clearly.

Load Metric

I’ll bite. What free shit?
    Health Care, clearly.
    I’ll be sure to let my employer know they need to refund my payroll taxes from the last 30 years. Mrs Daly will be thrilled to go shopping with the hundreds of thousands of dollars we be getting back.

Somebody got me to stump for the left side of the aisle tonight. Doesn’t happen too often but to say Social Security and Medicare are “Free” is just false.
    Last edited by Daly; 02-07-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Health Care, clearly.
    I’ll be sure to let my employer know they need to refund my payroll taxes from the last 30 years. Mrs Daly will be thrilled to go shopping with the hundreds of thousands of dollars we be getting back.

Somebody got me to stump for the left side of the aisle tonight. Doesn’t happen too often but to say Social Security and Medicare are “Free” is just false.
    Next thing you will tell me is that public schools aren't free either. So, what are those free things that these people want then?

Load Metric
    "Free" is a made up word to trick you into thinking your getting something for nothing.

Anyone that tells you they're giving you something for "free" is disingenuous at best.....if not down right diabolical.....

Comments

cleatus: hey el retardo, u r disingenuous repeatedly. "IM LEAVING TOO"
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric

Next thing you will tell me is that public schools aren't free either. So, what are those free things that these people want then?
    So what is your point here? My quip that young people want government to provide them more/greater things is generally false and to that end you want me to list them?

My point is seniors pay on average ~$200-$300K over a lifetime (if born in the 70’s, not accounting for time value of money) for “social insurance”. This is a completely segmented line item from Income tax. So the fact that you/me/we get it later in life really isn’t old greedy jerks getting free shit.

Bronze
    Load Metric

So what is your point here? My quip that young people want government to provide them more/greater things is generally false and to that end you want me to list them?

My point is seniors pay on average ~$200-$300K over a lifetime (if born in the 70’s, not accounting for time value of money) for “social insurance”. This is a completely segmented line item from Income tax. So the fact that you/me/we get it later in life really isn’t old greedy jerks getting free shit.
    You got it. Insurance is very interesting, if you don't get paid out on it, you think you got screwed, if you see someone getting paid out early, you think they got it for free. Moral hazard in social insurance, well, someone needs to stop that.

Load Metric
    Name:  51882925_593951737722395_8105757864955478016_n.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  42.6 KB
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Jobs are up, the economy is doing good, and libtards want to focus on the President's tan......typical....

Comments

cleatus: hey lechon del pene, u have concentrated on ocasio-cortez misspelling 1 word. :TomCruiselol
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Socialized health care will be a disaster in this country.

We have a doctor shortage. Big time.

You think it's hard to get an appointment now? Wait until everyone's care is "free" and they have nothing to lose besides time regarding seeing the doctor. Way more doctor's visits, way more tests, way longer waits, much higher overall cost to our system, etc.

I am dreading it.

Our system has plenty of problems now, and badly needs reform, but socialized medicine is not the answer.

I will concede that we are headed that way because neither party really wants to tackle the cost reform necessary, and soon enough people will become frustrated enough to embrace trying socialized medicine.

For those who believe that our socialized medicine will work like Europe's (which has its own issues anyway), you're in for a ruuuuuuuuuuuude surprise.

Comments

Tellafriend: Dr shortage is biggest part of the problem

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

You think it's hard to get an appointment now? Wait until everyone's care is "free" and they have nothing to lose besides time regarding seeing the doctor. Way more doctor's visits, way more tests, way longer waits, much higher overall cost to our system, etc.

I am dreading it.

Our system has plenty of problems now, and badly needs reform, but socialized medicine is not the answer.

I will concede that we are headed that way because neither party really wants to tackle the cost reform necessary, and soon enough people will become frustrated enough to embrace trying socialized medicine.

For those who believe that our socialized medicine will work like Europe's (which has its own issues anyway), you're in for a ruuuuuuuuuuuude surprise.
    Wrong again. One thing that separates Canadians from Americans is our love of doctor visits and endless tests......ahhh those lovely
    tests. I just googled a list of possible medical tests and I'm going to knock them off one by one.

Platinum
    Load Metric

I am dreading it.

Intuitively you would think this is true. But in reality, it is exactly the opposite. In practice it is much harder to get MediCal (Medicare) patients to go to the doctor. In fact their cancellation/non-compliance rates are tremendously high, and if you are a doctor who caters to this population (which my wife is) you have to strategically schedule care with the expectation that if they are private insurance they will probably show up to appointments and be relatively compliant and if they are MediCal it is about 50/50 chance they will even show up and they will be mostly non-compliant.

I am guessing it is the same psychology where if someone buys a car themselves they take care of it, but if you give someone a car they don't.

I am sure some of this behavior is due to demographic of people who would be on MediCal versus private insurance, and if there was socialized medicine this wouldn't necessarily reflect how the whole population would act. But IMO, based on empirical observation your expectation that if healthcare was free, people would go to the doctor more and be more compliant and abuse the system, probably the exact opposite is true.

Of course, this could still result in medical costs increasing overall, because people that ignore their health when they are young generally are more sick later in life, and will probably make up the difference (and more) then.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Yeah, exactly this. This is why the AOC thread doesn’t my head in. My right testicle is more left than she is.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Yeah, exactly this. This is why the AOC thread doesn’t my head in. My right testicle is more left than she is.
    Is this just an empty joke or are you serious? What issue(s) do you find her position too conservative?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

I am dreading it.

Intuitively you would think this is true. But in reality, it is exactly the opposite. In practice it is much harder to get MediCal (Medicare) patients to go to the doctor. In fact their cancellation/non-compliance rates are tremendously high, and if you are a doctor who caters to this population (which my wife is) you have to strategically schedule care with the expectation that if they are private insurance they will probably show up to appointments and be relatively compliant and if they are MediCal it is about 50/50 chance they will even show up and they will be mostly non-compliant.

I am guessing it is the same psychology where if someone buys a car themselves they take care of it, but if you give someone a car they don't.

I am sure some of this behavior is due to demographic of people who would be on MediCal versus private insurance, and if there was socialized medicine this wouldn't necessarily reflect how the whole population would act. But IMO, based on empirical observation your expectation that if healthcare was free, people would go to the doctor more and be more compliant and abuse the system, probably the exact opposite is true.

Of course, this could still result in medical costs increasing overall, because people that ignore their health when they are young generally are more sick later in life, and will probably make up the difference (and more) then.
    Probably worth a try

Name:  healhcare.png
Views: 230
Size:  90.9 KB

Load Metric

I am dreading it.

That’s because the AMA has strategically controlled the supply of new doctors entering the practice in the US in order to protect the profitability of business for its members. It effectively acts like a powerful labor union that uses its influence over Congress to artificially keep the per capita supply of doctors in the US low versus other industrialized nations. That’s why it’s so hypocritical for conservotards in the US to preach the virtue of “free markets” when discussing the healthcare industry.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post

Is this just an empty joke or are you serious? What issue(s) do you find her position too conservative?

guy is in his mid 20s, basically retarded for all intents & purposes. id rather listen to a 10 year olds opinion than someone who's facebook feed is a bunch of ppl trying to get laid/be cool

Diamond
    Load Metric

libtards, what is ur stance on the Venezuela invasion?? while I was in DC last year doing some IRL trolling I had a waiter from there and I asked him what he thought of a military invasion and he gave me a dramatic "IIIIIIII WISH." he talked to me for like 20 minutes how much Venezuela sux ass ignoring his other tables. guy seemed smart AF. uhhhh CIA plant much???

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

libtards, what is ur stance on the Venezuela invasion?? while I was in DC last year doing some IRL trolling I had a waiter from there and I asked him what he thought of a military invasion and he gave me a dramatic "IIIIIIII WISH." he talked to me for like 20 minutes how much Venezuela sux ass ignoring his other tables. guy seemed smart AF. uhhhh CIA plant much???
    I don't think KFC has waiters.
    But seriously you are fucked

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

You're spending way too much time on infowars. Alex Drones is just trying to get you to buy his snake oil vitamins. I promise.

Thread Information