Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Must-see TV:

Comments

ErickAA: Fantasizing about 70 year old johns having sex with 40 year old prostitutes isn't really my thing, but you do you.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

im not sure you understand what the supreme court is or how candidates are vetted, or what vetting is.

im not sure you understand where "he went to yale, so he must have been there" ranks in terms of LOL.

dude if you want to make out with sidedish, just fly to his farm, drop some e, and have a pajama party with him. there is no need to do things like pretend you didnt just read that this happened literally in his frat house while he was a member. thats totally relevant to character and would be an investigated finding even if this was a simple background check for security clearance.

you constantly put me in this awkward position where im like 'i dont know if i chaps actually has a learning disability or if hes still trying to smash dials' and it really wears on me, frankly.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    MumblesBadly: So looking forward to when he no longer has presidential immunity to criminal prosecutions.

im not a constitutional law guy but these are 100% being investigated as state charges, not federal, and im not sure if youre referring to his ability to pardon himself, but thats only for federal crimes.

apologies in advance if there are elements to 'presidential immunity' that extend beyond his ability to pardon himself.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    hey great post atine. really good there. i bet if you shut it the fuck down til tomorrow, you'll come back and out do yourself.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    hey great post atine. really good there. i bet if you shut it the fuck down til tomorrow, you'll come back and out do yourself.

i was rooting for you, we were all rooting for you.

Diamond
    Load Metric

im not sure you understand where "he went to yale, so he must have been there" ranks in terms of LOL.

dude if you want to make out with sidedish, just fly to his farm, drop some e, and have a pajama party with him. there is no need to do things like pretend you didnt just read that this happened literally in his frat house while he was a member. thats totally relevant to character and would be an investigated finding even if this was a simple background check for security clearance.

you constantly put me in this awkward position where im like 'i dont know if i chaps actually has a learning disability or if hes still trying to smash dials' and it really wears on me, frankly.
    Name:  tenor.gif
Views: 408
Size:  1.57 MB

Name:  tenor.gif
Views: 391
Size:  1.34 MB
    Last edited by OSA; 10-03-2018 at 10:11 AM.

Load Metric
    Name:  D23C546B-EE3B-4742-9461-79839F025899.jpeg
Views: 376
Size:  66.7 KB

Comments

ErickAA: No content shit post
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric

there isnt a single allegation against him in there. that was a very vague email. or was that the point of sharing it?

im not sure you understand what the supreme court is or how candidates are vetted, or what vetting is.
    The problem is that if we set the bar at “some morally questionable things may have happened at the frat X was a member of in the ‘80s while he was there that he may or may have not participated in,” probably half the high government officials in Washington (including prominent democrats) would fail that purity test, so I doubt the democrats or the media have any intention of going there.

This is clearly just a political stunt to muddy the waters and has no real implications as far as “vetting” one way or another.

Comments

MumblesBadly: [plain]Wrong! The “purity test” is how Kavanaugh perjurously failed at owning his youthful misdeeds, and instead went hyper-partisanly Trumpian in counterattacking any insinuation that he was anything less than a good Catholic football-playing choir boy![

Load Metric
    MumblesBadly: So looking forward to when he no longer has presidential immunity to criminal prosecutions.

im not a constitutional law guy but these are 100% being investigated as state charges, not federal, and im not sure if youre referring to his ability to pardon himself, but thats only for federal crimes.

apologies in advance if there are elements to 'presidential immunity' that extend beyond his ability to pardon himself.
    I am assuming that the extant legal opinion per the DoJ from decades ago spurred on by Nixons misdeeds would at least provide a daunting legal hurdle, including a possible case brought all the way up to the Supreme Court, for any prosecutor, federal or otherwise, to be able to effectively go after Trump with a criminal indictment while he’s president.

If Mueller finds evidence of wrongdoing, can he indict Trump?
    PATTERNS OF THOUGHT A 45-year-old Justice Department policy states that a sitting president cannot be indicted or prosecuted.But some legal experts argue that puts the president above the law – and undermines the whole reason for having a special counsel.
    https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politi...e-indict-Trump

Comments

ErickAA: Your last comment to me was a non sequitor, to no ones surprise

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I am continually underwhelmed by the persistence of the media focusing on this guys personal life when he was a teenager or young man. I am guessing that by omission of the last 30 years of his life the media are acknowledging whatever may have happened when he was a kid, he grew up and has done nothing scandalous in the last 30 years of his adult life, so I am going to judge him on that.

I would be interested in why he might be a poor choice because he isn’t a very good judge, but the media doesn’t seem to interested in trying him based on his actual record at his job, which is pretty much what matters most. Again, this kinda implies there isn’t much meat on that bone to chew on either.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Beto O’Rourke publicly rebuked his own borish college-age behavior, but Kavanaugh is too much of a hypocritical prig to publicly admit to his youthful bad behavior!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

The problem is that if we set the bar at “some morally questionable things may have happened at the frat X was a member of in the ‘80s while he was there that he may or may have not participated in,” probably half the high government officials in Washington (including prominent democrats) would fail that purity test, so I doubt the democrats or the media have any intention of going there.

This is clearly just a political stunt to muddy the waters and has no real implications as far as “vetting” one way or another.

that the religious right wing and its luridly ignorant cult of dumb continue to fail to comprehend that the supreme court isnt 'high government' is becoming this shithole's theme song.

Load Metric
    and just to spare me the effort of reading a bunch of LOL THEN WHAT IS IT type gump caliber retorts, its literally the highest government.

the supreme court has the power to mold this nations laws as it sees fit.

the president's authority is nothing compared to that.

there is no amount of vetting that can be considered overindulgent for a position of that import, least of all considering the applicant is an emotionally unstable frat boy alcoholic.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    and just to spare me the effort of reading a bunch of LOL THEN WHAT IS IT type gump caliber retorts, its literally the highest government.

there is no amount of vetting that can be considered overindulgent for a position of that import, least of all considering the applicant is an emotionally unstable frat boy alcoholic.
    If he was 22 years old right now given what we know about him age 17-21 I would probably agree. However, he is somewhere in his 50s. Have you read anything about the last 30 years of him being a lawyer or a judge that indicate that he has been unprofessional in his job capacity? I haven't. And I will assume in this case that no news indicates there is nothing there.

I know you are an ideologue, so your opinions are coming from a purely emotional place and reasoning isn't really a part of it (same thing for the conservative ideologues), But for the non ideologue posters I hope you find it as disturbing as I do that the media is doing a full court press on what this guy may have done when he was 17-21 years old, and is completely ignoring the last 30 years, especially his actual performance as a judge.

I actually know nothing about how Kavanaugh has comported himself in the last 30 years of his adult life, in a personal or professional capacity. But when I see partisan hacks like CNN and NYT going hard after him for what happened 30 years ago when he was 17-21, and ignoring the last 30 years, that tells me a lot.

Comments

MumblesBadly: You are blind to his unfitness for this position, as he Trumpishly displayed with his unhinged conspiracy peddling *and* repeated perjurous statements before the Senate last week.

Load Metric

If he was 22 years old right now given what we know about him age 17-21 I would probably agree. However, he is somewhere in his 50s. Have you read anything about the last 30 years of him being a lawyer or a judge that indicate that he has been unprofessional in his job capacity? I haven't. And I will assume in this case that no news indicates there is nothing there.

I know you are an ideologue, so your opinions are coming from a purely emotional place and reasoning isn't really a part of it (same thing for the conservative ideologues), But for the non ideologue posters I hope you find it as disturbing as I do that the media is doing a full court press on what this guy may have done when he was 17-21 years old, and is completely ignoring the last 30 years, especially his actual performance as a judge.

I actually know nothing about how Kavanaugh has comported himself in the last 30 years of his adult life, in a personal or professional capacity. But when I see partisan hacks like CNN and NYT going hard after him for what happened 30 years ago when he was 17-21, and ignoring the last 30 years, that tells me a lot.
    Did you not see the Senate hearing? And you think he,s fit for the job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post

Did you not see the Senate hearing? And you think he,s fit for the job?
    That was pure partisan Kibuki theatre, by all participants involved. I am gonna take nothing from that, good or bad. They were all just playing their parts in the spectacle. This guy has been a judge for 30 years (or whatever, I don't even know how many years exactly). Why aren't we talking about how he has comported himself as a judge during that time?

Load Metric

Just look at them. Back in the day, those two would've been burnt at the stake. Should never have been allowed to breed.

They make Fred & Rose West look like Kylie & Jason.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

that the religious right wing and its luridly ignorant cult of dumb continue to fail to comprehend that the supreme court isnt 'high government' is becoming this shithole's theme song.
    that the religious right is still your boogie man is hilarious. The progressive left is far more insidious, dangerous, and relevant than the RR.

Platinum
    Load Metric

while true, we have to:
    (A) consider the panel who is doing the vetting (incompetent morons, literally all of them)...

(B) consider that any candidate put up for this position (way left, left, left of center, center, right of center, right, way right) has skeletons in their closet...EVERYBODY has some shit in their lives that they wouldn't be happy about being out in public domain...all depends on what your line is on what skeletons are acceptable and what are not...not a commentary on this set of skeletons...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

that the religious right is still your boogie man is hilarious. The progressive left is far more insidious, dangerous, and relevant than the RR.

the only thing the 'progressive left' threatens is your ability to find a safe audience for your anti-science hysteria.

Thread Information