Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post

Not a Jew!

In the video nurse specifically tells young guy to get a family doctor but the wait to get said doctor would be 2-3 Years?

Just saying

Who to believe? The right-wing American comedian or the countless real life Canadians who actually live there and would hate their system if that were the case. And tbh, that ER wait time is what I find totally standard, and what’s always been standard, wherever I lived in the US. Basically four hours. Pre-Obamacare, post Obamacare. I’ve seen no difference. Sometimes you get lucky, but if you averaged it out, around 4 hours, and that’s with far more serious ailments than “I might have hurt my wrist.”

Ok. So none of video is accurate?

I get the triage wait times . How about clinic closed on weekends . Nurse specifically said don't get sick on Sunday?

Mind you I'm not for universal health care obviously and only have what my buddy says and video and print to go by. But in all seriousness I have it myself through the Veterans Health Network . It's a huge failure

Load Metric
    What’s different than a walk in clinic in the US? I just googled one locally.

Hours:

Thursday 9AM–6PM
    Friday 8AM–5PM
    Saturday Closed
    Sunday Closed
    Monday 8AM–5PM
    Tuesday 8AM–5PM
    Suggest an edit

Seems pretty standard for any walk in clinic. There are urgent cares here for small shit, but some of them close on Sundays, many aren’t covered by insurance, and for anything serious they just send you to ER anyway.

The only thing, if true, in that video that matters or is different than here is if you really can’t get a family doctor for 2-3 years. I find that incredibly unlikely. We have plenty of Canadians here who can answer that. And what good does a family doctor do you on a weekend anyway? You’re still going to ER or urgent care.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Who to believe? The right-wing American comedian or the countless real life Canadians who actually live there and would hate their system if that were the case. And tbh, that ER wait time is what I find totally standard, and what’s always been standard, wherever I lived in the US. Basically four hours. Pre-Obamacare, post Obamacare. I’ve seen no difference. Sometimes you get lucky, but if you averaged it out, around 4 hours, and that’s with far more serious ailments than “I might have hurt my wrist.”

Ok. So none of video is accurate?

I get the triage wait times . How about clinic closed on weekends . Nurse specifically said don't get sick on Sunday?

Mind you I'm not for universal health care obviously and only have what my buddy says and video and print to go by. But in all seriousness I have it myself through the Veterans Health Network . It's a huge failure
    We are talking about Quebec here so god only knows but clinics here are available 7 days a week if you don't have a family Dr. and emergency is your friend if you're hurt whatever the case.
    Prior to my HA I had anarrhythmia episode where it felt like my heart was going to bust through my chest. Arrived at the hospital and it subsided as I was being checked. Then I had to wait four hours for a second set of blood tests to come in.
    In that time, I watched as a number of parents wanted to have their child checked out (cold and flu season).
    One parent became very upset that they were not being attended to. Again, triage. This kid was not sick at all from what I could tell, but Mommy was so concerned. Same thing with a sore wrist. Suck it up bitch.

Load Metric

Hours:

Thursday 9AM–6PM
    Friday 8AM–5PM
    Saturday Closed
    Sunday Closed
    Monday 8AM–5PM
    Tuesday 8AM–5PM
    Suggest an edit

Seems pretty standard for any walk in clinic. There are urgent cares here for small shit, but some of them close on Sundays, many aren’t covered by insurance, and for anything serious they just send you to ER anyway.

The only thing, if true, in that video that matters or is different than here is if you really can’t get a family doctor for 2-3 years. I find that incredibly unlikely. We have plenty of Canadians here who can answer that. And what good does a family doctor do you on a weekend anyway? You’re still going to ER or urgent care.

I get that . My VA is 24/7 as far as emergency goes and even if it's a minor problem ER will take you and diagnose . The sort of thing that has always truly concerned me with the USA going through way of health care for all is the population for one IMO would never be able to sustain it. The lines and wait times would be horrific. It's already a well known fact that if you have zero medical insurance you can still be seen at county and city hospitals and in a true emergency no hospital can turn you away .

So in reality what's the difference from what we have in place now? I get that medical bills won't be burying people but those people could never pay anyways .

Load Metric

Exclamation

Hours:

Thursday 9AM–6PM
    Friday 8AM–5PM
    Saturday Closed
    Sunday Closed
    Monday 8AM–5PM
    Tuesday 8AM–5PM
    Suggest an edit

I get that . My VA is 24/7 as far as emergency goes and even if it's a minor problem ER will take you and diagnose . The sort of thing that has always truly concerned me with the USA going through way of health care for all is the population for one IMO would never be able to sustain it. The lines and wait times would be horrific. It's already a well known fact that if you have zero medical insurance you can still be seen at county and city hospitals and in a true emergency no hospital can turn you away .

So in reality what's the difference from what we have in place now? I get that medical bills won't be burying people but those people could never pay anyways .

You just made an argument for universal health care as far as I can tell. Like you said, poor people go to the ER anyway. Actually, all the really poor people go for free right now. It’s the working poor who get fucked.

I mean, I’ve never seen an argument that we’ll have better care with universal health care. Just that, theoretically, it would be much cheaper. That would depend on how corrupt the system was.

Druff likes to argue that obesity isn’t the main problem, but what’s not in dispute, is that these people outlive us and they spend less on healthcare. So if isn’t that we’re too fat, and our system is so great, how are they outliving us in every first world country with universal healthcare? Hell, they outlive is in Cuba. We’re like in the 40s in life expectancy, yet spend way way more than everyone else. Clearly what we’re presently doing is failing really hard. If you spent 3x the next guy with worse results in anything else you wouldn’t be arguing how great your system is.

Load Metric

You just made an argument for universal health care as far as I can tell. Like you said, poor people go to the ER anyway. Actually, all the really poor people go for free right now. It’s the working poor who get fucked.

I mean, I’ve never seen an argument that we’ll have better care with universal health care. Just that, theoretically, it would be much cheaper. That would depend on how corrupt the system was.

Druff likes to argue that obesity isn’t the main problem, but what’s not in dispute, is that these people outlive us and they spend less on healthcare. So if isn’t that we’re too fat, and our system is so great, how are they outliving us in every first world country with universal healthcare? Hell, they outlive is in Cuba. We’re like in the 40s in life expectancy, yet spend way way more than everyone else. Clearly what we’re presently doing is failing really hard. If you spent 3x the next guy with worse results in anything else you wouldn’t be arguing how great your system is.

I see your point . As I said the VA is as close to universal health care as I've ever been and while some are excellent others are very poor. Wait times for an apt are six months out . Things get misdiagnosed way above a rational percentage .

Most of the doctors are from foreign countries. Another thing that is a huge problem is the workers are lazy. All in all if universal health Care is anything like the current VA health care system it will be a complete failure

Load Metric

I see your point . As I said the VA is as close to universal health care as I've ever been and while some are excellent others are very poor. Wait times for an apt are six months out . Things get misdiagnosed way above a rational percentage .

Most of the doctors are from foreign countries. Another thing that is a huge problem is the workers are lazy. All in all if universal health Care is anything like the current VA health care system it will be a complete failure

Yeah, I’ve learned more about the VA health care system in the last year than I ever knew because I have a good friend who is selling a product exclusively to the VA. From everything he’s said, the doctors who are affiliated with the VA, but don’t work at the VA are pretty decent. The ones that work at the VA are worse than average.

The thing about the VA is, and I never knew this, is that it’s actually not at all like universal health care. They all act autonomous, even within a state. So he sells a new medical device still going through trials. His problem is he gets a few doctors in one area who really find it beneficial, and will start prescribing it to every one, and all of a sudden the person who oversees the budget will put a cap on it. Which is fine, because they are likely overprescribing the device. He doesn’t even have a problem with them doing that, because when his product really takes off, it brings scrutiny from the administrators, and he risks losing all the business. He’d rather sell some all over the state at every VA. But nothing with the VA is uniform. There aren’t approved items and unapproved items. It’s just totally random depending on which VA. So even when he’s killing it, he can’t be comfortable, because maybe 80% of his business is coming from a few doctors who may get cut off at any time. One VA will love his product, yet they don’t even commmunicate with each other within the system, and it’s all dependent on just who the local bean counter is at any particular location.

So yeah it certainly sounds fucked up, and I sympathize with you having to deal with it because it’s horribky organized from the sounds of it, but what it doesn’t sound like is something universal. It’s actually the opposite, and because of that, really hit or miss as far as care. Businesses really have no idea how to approach the VA. My buddy has told me some really fucked up stories. Maybe six months ago there was an amputee who had been in chronic pain for years. Nothing had worked. This doctor prescribed my buddies device, and it was like a godsend to this guy. Well the bean counter got worried at the success this patient was having, and how enthusiastic the doctor was, and cancelled the whole thing because she got worried that it would take off and she’d end up having to approve a slew of new patients she’d have to approve. So my buddies company said fuck it, we understand your concern, we’ll just give him the device. We have extras and we’ll do it out of goodwill. So my buddy drives this device about three hours away, stops into the VA because the guys address wasn’t on file because he got it at the VA, and the woman here tells him that if he gives it to guy—for free—she’ll put his company ona list of unapproved vendors for her VA. My buddy was literally heartbroken. He had talked to this old man and the guy was so excited. He couldn’t even tell the guy the reason he wasn’t giving him the device and that his company was simply giving it to him for free. The VA wouldn’t allow him to tell the guy. So he drove home, this dude is like late 70s, dying in agony, and can’t get a free device that wouldn’t have cost the VA a $. Other VAs buy too many and he gets worried it will draw attention. No rhyme or reason to the whole system.

Comments

Sanlmar: Great story

Load Metric

Yeah, I’ve learned more about the VA health care system in the last year than I ever knew because I have a good friend who is selling a product exclusively to the VA. From everything he’s said, the doctors who are affiliated with the VA, but don’t work at the VA are pretty decent. The ones that work at the VA are worse than average.

The thing about the VA is, and I never knew this, is that it’s actually not at all like universal health care. They all act autonomous, even within a state. So he sells a new medical device still going through trials. His problem is he gets a few doctors in one area who really find it beneficial, and will start prescribing it to every one, and all of a sudden the person who oversees the budget will put a cap on it. Which is fine, because they are likely overprescribing the device. He doesn’t even have a problem with them doing that, because when his product really takes off, it brings scrutiny from the administrators, and he risks losing all the business. He’d rather sell some all over the state at every VA. But nothing with the VA is uniform. There aren’t approved items and unapproved items. It’s just totally random depending on which VA. So even when he’s killing it, he can’t be comfortable, because maybe 80% of his business is coming from a few doctors who may get cut off at any time. One VA will love his product, yet they don’t even commmunicate with each other within the system, and it’s all dependent on just who the local bean counter is at any particular location.

So yeah it certainly sounds fucked up, and I sympathize with you having to deal with it because it’s horribky organized from the sounds of it, but what it doesn’t sound like is something universal. It’s actually the opposite, and because of that, really hit or miss as far as care. Businesses really have no idea how to approach the VA. My buddy has told me some really fucked up stories. Maybe six months ago there was an amputee who had been in chronic pain for years. Nothing had worked. This doctor prescribed my buddies device, and it was like a godsend to this guy. Well the bean counter got worried at the success this patient was having, and how enthusiastic the doctor was, and cancelled the whole thing because she got worried that it would take off and she’d end up having to approve a slew of new patients she’d have to approve. So my buddies company said fuck it, we understand your concern, we’ll just give him the device. We have extras and we’ll do it out of goodwill. So my buddy drives this device about three hours away, stops into the VA because the guys address wasn’t on file because he got it at the VA, and the woman here tells him that if he gives it to guy—for free—she’ll put his company ona list of unapproved vendors for her VA. My buddy was literally heartbroken. He had talked to this old man and the guy was so excited. He couldn’t even tell the guy the reason he wasn’t giving him the device and that his company was simply giving it to him for free. The VA wouldn’t allow him to tell the guy. So he drove home, this dude is like late 70s, dying in agony, and can’t get a free device that wouldn’t have cost the VA a $. Other VAs buy too many and he gets worried it will draw attention. No rhyme or reason to the whole system.

Agreed

Diamond
    Load Metric
    So how did i get into the white house on 9/11??

Coincidence? Master troll??? Inside job??

Load Metric
    Congress is about to pass a bill which will give 38 billion dollars to Israel.

Name:  1536858781667.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  78.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I moved the discussion of the Google/Trump video here: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...ection-results

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Many people forget the VA scandal of 2014, where over 1000 veterans (!!) died due to being placed on "fake waiting lists" for care.

This incredibly criminal act occurred because the VA couldn't meet its mandated appointment wait time deadlines, and nobody wanted to take the fall for it. Furthermore, everyone wanted to keep drawing their bonuses, which they wouldn't have if they weren't meeting the required maximum wait times.

So they would fake-schedule appointments for veterans badly in need of care, and over 1000 of them died while waiting.

Two whistleblowers attempted to report this, but the entire matter was covered up. We would never know about it if the two whistleblowers hadn't gone to CNN with their evidence. Neither of the whistleblowers did this for political reasons, and perhaps might have been Democrats themselves. Note that CNN was the one who drove this entire story in the media, so you know it wasn't some right wing conspiracy nonsense.

Amazingly, not one person was charged criminally for this mess, and VA Director Eric Shinseki was NOT asked by Obama to resign.

It is thought that Eric Holder, a highly partisan Democrat, did not want to prosecute anyone for this, as most of the charges would be against fellow Democrats.

Huge tragedy AND miscarriage of justice.

The PFA thread about it is here: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...y-general-ever

Load Metric
    There is nothing about the US Military that makes me proud.

When the public goes through the nonsense of stand up and we thank you for your service my emotion is one of pity for the veteran. The pride & the pity.

The VA is an absolute disgrace. I have been to the VA’s in Mass and I wouldn’t take my car there to be serviced. Decrepit and dirty.

There should be unlimited funds and cutting edge treatment. Doctors there should be the highest paid. Go ahead and waste the money in true government fashion. If you’re going to spew money there is no more deserving place.

Overwhelm the bureaucracy and stupidity with a fire hose of cash. Increase my taxes.

That a politician doesn’t latch onto such a no lose issue is testimony to how stupid they are.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Not a lot of old and disabled vets can readily pony up oodles of cash for campaign contributions. Especially when, unlike corporations, individuals cannot write off such expenditures on their income tax returns.

big dick: sickening
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-13-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Load Metric
    Looks like info about potential criminal sexual misconduct by Kavanaugh has been referred to the FBI.

:gtfo

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Many people forget the VA scandal of 2014, where over 1000 veterans (!!) died due to being placed on "fake waiting lists" for care.

This incredibly criminal act occurred because the VA couldn't meet its mandated appointment wait time deadlines, and nobody wanted to take the fall for it. Furthermore, everyone wanted to keep drawing their bonuses, which they wouldn't have if they weren't meeting the required maximum wait times.

So they would fake-schedule appointments for veterans badly in need of care, and over 1000 of them died while waiting.

Two whistleblowers attempted to report this, but the entire matter was covered up. We would never know about it if the two whistleblowers hadn't gone to CNN with their evidence. Neither of the whistleblowers did this for political reasons, and perhaps might have been Democrats themselves. Note that CNN was the one who drove this entire story in the media, so you know it wasn't some right wing conspiracy nonsense.

Amazingly, not one person was charged criminally for this mess, and VA Director Eric Shinseki was NOT asked by Obama to resign.

It is thought that Eric Holder, a highly partisan Democrat, did not want to prosecute anyone for this, as most of the charges would be against fellow Democrats.

Huge tragedy AND miscarriage of justice.

The PFA thread about it is here: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...y-general-ever
    Guess which then-rookie congress member made it his number one priority to get the federal government and the VA to address and correct the horrible service the VA was providing to vets and to increase funding to and oversight of the VA?

In fact, his office conducted a survey of vets regarding the quality and timeliness of care they received from the VA as part of his efforts to show that its administrators had allowed reporting by VA staff to hide how poorly vets were being services by them, and published the findings of that survey, embarassing his own party’s leaders and Obama’s administration on the matter.

Don’t know? He’s campaigning for Ted Cruz’s Senate seat this fall.

Name:  1DE3EE12-0982-4329-A072-54D7D2C96333.jpeg
Views: 454
Size:  98.8 KB

And there’s even a thread dedicated to that topic.
    https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...te-2018!!!-***

In contrast, how much has Ted Cruz done for veterans? Well, I don’t want to muck up this *Trump* thread with those details, but here’s a metaphorical summary of Cruz’s actions on the matter to-date.

Name:  ED7E1F53-71D3-489A-BF6E-9551FF3C70AD.gif
Views: 472
Size:  3.65 MB

Name:  30105E9E-3036-477D-A8D3-503372F86595.gif
Views: 473
Size:  1.09 MB
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 09-14-2018 at 12:07 AM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    This is a more than reasonable take.

Also, Fox is pure garbage.

http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric

Load Metric
    "Europe belongs to the Europeans” and that refugees and asylum seekers should return to their home countries to rebuild them.

-The Dalai Lama

Fucking Nazi.

Load Metric
    Name:  41680250_323856311514660_5877757019108147200_n.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  84.9 KB
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sick
    Sick
    Sick
    Name:  trumflo.png
Views: 286
Size:  243.9 KB
    Name:  puertoricotweets.png
Views: 293
Size:  110.9 KB
    Name:  Rico 2.png