Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Diamond
    Load Metric

Why is this not a story but yet the redhead who told everyone she was Russian was a big Russian spy story just because she didnt have the correct paperwork filed basically.

Lol @ these ppl that dont know the media is on "their" side and not actually reporting real news

"I read the NY times every day, I'm sophisticated" - hongthonger 4 real

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Yup and when it happens the blood will be on Trump's hands.
    There has been a ton of left on right political violence the last couple years, including a high ranking Republican senator being targeted in an assassination attempt while he was playing softball. If you want to play that game, than you can go the other way and say all that blood is on the MSM's hands too.

I suggest we don't play that game at all. The rhetoric is way overblown to the reality, and it isn't even correct where the political violence is coming from. Conservative journalists are much more likely to be attacked at left wing rallies than the other way around. Whatever abuse Acosta got at Trump's recent rally pales in comparison to the shit that went down in Portland the last 6 weeks in front of the ICE office (that was much closer to Nazi style violence and intimidation), which the media pretty much ignored.

If all the state sanctioned political mob violence and disorder that happened in Portland the last couple months had happened the other way around, it would have been about 1000x bigger a story.
    The MSM is reporting facts. Nowhere in the NY Times will you find incitements to violence. There will always be the occasional crazy of any stripe including on the left but to suggest that both sides are equally violent is simply false. It is a FACT that currently the right is more violent by far. In the late 60s/early 70s the left was more violent. Right now it's the right. You are entitled to your own opinion but you aren't entitled to your own facts.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Blowing up the false equivalence bullshit touted by rightwingers rep

Load Metric
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-legal-trouble

the MSM is reporting that Trump Jr may have accidentally committed treason.

oh wait, thats right, its Trump saying it, not the MSM. im going to take a wild guess and predict that makes absolutely no difference at all to team retard tho does it.

Comments

MumblesBadly: When you have a son as dumb as Donald, Jr., who needs enemies???

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: honestly no, USA and Russia need to team up because greys favor Chinese > whites because they look more like aliens than us
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

There has been a ton of left on right political violence the last couple years, including a high ranking Republican senator being targeted in an assassination attempt while he was playing softball. If you want to play that game, than you can go the other way and say all that blood is on the MSM's hands too.

I suggest we don't play that game at all. The rhetoric is way overblown to the reality, and it isn't even correct where the political violence is coming from. Conservative journalists are much more likely to be attacked at left wing rallies than the other way around. Whatever abuse Acosta got at Trump's recent rally pales in comparison to the shit that went down in Portland the last 6 weeks in front of the ICE office (that was much closer to Nazi style violence and intimidation), which the media pretty much ignored.

If all the state sanctioned political mob violence and disorder that happened in Portland the last couple months had happened the other way around, it would have been about 1000x bigger a story.
    The MSM is reporting facts. Nowhere in the NY Times will you find incitements to violence. There will always be the occasional crazy of any stripe including on the left but to suggest that both sides are equally violent is simply false. It is a FACT that currently the right is more violent by far. In the late 60s/early 70s the left was more violent. Right now it's the right. You are entitled to your own opinion but you aren't entitled to your own facts.

"THE NY TIMES IS GOD" - said hongthonger

"FOXNEWS IS GOD" - not said by thesidedish

GIMP!!!

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

"THE NY TIMES IS GOD" - said hongthonger

"FOXNEWS IS GOD" - not said by thesidedish

GIMP!!!
    #1 NYT is not biased in the same manner Fox News is.
    #2 NYT uses actual sources and is factual. They don't try to blatantly mislead. If they're wrong, they'll say so.
    #3 Fox News is a legitimate propaganda machine.

The only way the 2 are comparable is saying they're both biased. Yes NYT is liberal. Yes Fox news is conservative. This doesn't make them 2 sides of the same coin.

Dish, I seirously doubt you've even read the times that much. Bugger off. You're told what to think just as much as any other Trumptard.

Comments

thesidedish: a hoser post

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: BUGGER

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Mandatory voting is a horrible idea.

Everyone should have the right to abstain from voting at any time for any reason.

If we have issues with individual polling places, those should be corrected. Pass laws requiring sufficient time and notice before changing a polling place. Ensure proper staffing and polling places to avoid lines. Improve registration systems to where names are never lost or inexplicably deleted. I support all of this.

I do believe that "voting issues" people faced in recent times were more the result of incompetence than any kind of grand conspiracy to deny people their votes.
    Republicans are on the record as saying the purpose behind voter ID laws is to suppress likely Democratic voters.

In a vacuum showing IDs to vote is a no-brainer. But America isn't a vacuum. It's a place where there is a persistent effort to disenfranchise racial minorities and the poor, and to create obstacles both direct and indirect to their equal participation not only in the vote but in society and in the economy. So far this effort has lasted over 400 years and what progress has been made has been fiercely, often violently opposed, and now some of it has even been reversed. Somehow the onus is always on the people who can least bear it. So fuck voter ID laws until other pernicious forms of disenfranchisement have ended.
    I already conceded that Republicans want voter ID so there will be fewer votes against them.

I also stated that Democrats are opposed to voter ID only because it costs them votes -- which is also true.

There shouldn't be affirmative action in voting. Everyone should have an equal opportunity to vote, but everyone also needs to expend the minimal amount of effort required to do so. Just because voter ID is disproportionately affecting minorities and poor people doesn't mean that it's a bad thing. It just means that minorities and poor people happen to be less likely to expend the effort to get ID, thus costing themselves a vote. Voter ID itself is not racist or disenfranchising, as everyone has an equal opportunity to get such ID if they want it. I had to spend some time and effort to get my ID. I have no right to bitch about the consequences about what I can't do with no ID if I was simply too lazy or too opposed to get ID.

Rather than attacking voter ID, which is 100% necessary for a fair election, we need to go after the actual shenanigans which are disenfranchising people -- and make them illegal on a federal level, with stiff punishments.

Leaving our voting system wide, wide, wide open to easy fraud is not a proper "solution" to poor people without ID being unable to vote.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

better than be associated with this guy AINEC

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Yeah this is what drives me nuts. The left will go crazy over Alex Jones yet they have this guy, one of their own, who is a total lunatic who is white and thinks he’s black with literally a million followers on twitter who spreads fake bullshit non-stop all day everyday. And there are plenty more like him. Why is Alex Jones banned and this guy isn’t? Total hypocrisy.

The reason is because he’s on “their” side. Now I’m not saying either should be banished from the web but if you’re gonna try and make Alex Jones disappear this guy should be given the same treatment. This is what I mean when I say this is a very slippery slope when you try and silence conservatives.
    I know very little about Shawn King. Has he had multiple lawsuits against himself? Is his behavior so bad it is actionable in a court of law? If not, your comparison is weak.

TBH I don't even see Alex Jones mentioned that much by the media. He tries really hard, but I'm not seeing it. Oh wait, you're talking about twitter. What is your argument here? This is an issue with twitter.. but somehow it is some left conspiracy. If I have a private company, it is my right to keep people from spreading damaging lies. Let is be all put in a court of law, and lets test his conspiracy.

But, I'll let you in on a secret. Alex Jones doesn't believe his own bullshit half the time. He won't go into court, because he knows he is lying. Doh!

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post

Yeah this is what drives me nuts. The left will go crazy over Alex Jones yet they have this guy, one of their own, who is a total lunatic who is white and thinks he’s black with literally a million followers on twitter who spreads fake bullshit non-stop all day everyday. And there are plenty more like him. Why is Alex Jones banned and this guy isn’t? Total hypocrisy.

The reason is because he’s on “their” side. Now I’m not saying either should be banished from the web but if you’re gonna try and make Alex Jones disappear this guy should be given the same treatment. This is what I mean when I say this is a very slippery slope when you try and silence conservatives.
    I know very little about Shawn King. Has he had multiple lawsuits against himself? Is his behavior so bad it is actionable in a court of law? If not, your comparison is weak.

TBH I don't even see Alex Jones mentioned that much by the media. He tries really hard, but I'm not seeing it. Oh wait, you're talking about twitter. What is your argument here? This is an issue with twitter.. but somehow it is some left conspiracy. If I have a private company, it is my right to keep people from spreading damaging lies. Let is be all put in a court of law, and lets test his conspiracy.

But, I'll let you in on a secret. Alex Jones doesn't believe his own bullshit half the time. He won't go into court, because he knows he is lying. Doh!
    Muh private company.

Comments

duped_samaritan: meh

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Republicans are on the record as saying the purpose behind voter ID laws is to suppress likely Democratic voters.

In a vacuum showing IDs to vote is a no-brainer. But America isn't a vacuum. It's a place where there is a persistent effort to disenfranchise racial minorities and the poor, and to create obstacles both direct and indirect to their equal participation not only in the vote but in society and in the economy. So far this effort has lasted over 400 years and what progress has been made has been fiercely, often violently opposed, and now some of it has even been reversed. Somehow the onus is always on the people who can least bear it. So fuck voter ID laws until other pernicious forms of disenfranchisement have ended.
    I already conceded that Republicans want voter ID so there will be fewer votes against them.

I also stated that Democrats are opposed to voter ID only because it costs them votes -- which is also true.

There shouldn't be affirmative action in voting. Everyone should have an equal opportunity to vote, but everyone also needs to expend the minimal amount of effort required to do so. Just because voter ID is disproportionately affecting minorities and poor people doesn't mean that it's a bad thing. It just means that minorities and poor people happen to be less likely to expend the effort to get ID, thus costing themselves a vote. Voter ID itself is not racist or disenfranchising, as everyone has an equal opportunity to get such ID if they want it. I had to spend some time and effort to get my ID. I have no right to bitch about the consequences about what I can't do with no ID if I was simply too lazy or too opposed to get ID.

Rather than attacking voter ID, which is 100% necessary for a fair election, we need to go after the actual shenanigans which are disenfranchising people -- and make them illegal on a federal level, with stiff punishments.

Leaving our voting system wide, wide, wide open to easy fraud is not a proper "solution" to poor people without ID being unable to vote.
    The whole problem here is it has never really been shown to be a true problem. (Or has it?)

The costs associated with such things are different amongst different classes of people. Being wealthy and having free time during government hours with access to a car means the "effort" is far less. You are wrong in the assumption it is an equal cost to everyone to acquire ID. Normal blue collar people can have multiple issues. We can argue that they need an ID regardless, but lets not try to play it off with this "if I can do it, ANYONE can" nonsense. It just shows how unaware you are.

It is not true that Democrats are only against voter-id because it hurts them. If put in a vacuum, I don't think they'd be "for" it either.

It'd be nice to see an actual problem demonstrated first where this is the issue. TBH I don't understand voting that well to know how fraud would occur without the id laws.

Gold
    Load Metric

Muh private company.
    Private as opposed to government owned. Sorry if I wasn't clear. It is there for the the betterment of the owners, even if ownership is open to the public. They have no duty to keep liars on their platform to *ANYONE*.

When we start talking about government owned things, then it is completely different. This is America though, and those things don't really exist much.

Gold
    Load Metric

Muh private company.
    Private as opposed to government owned. Sorry if I wasn't clear. It is there for the the betterment of the owners, even if ownership is open to the public. They have no duty to keep liars on their platform to *ANYONE*.

When we start talking about government owned things, then it is completely different. This is America though, and those things don't really exist much.
    So you think it is OK that a company like twitter systematicallly tries to silence conservative voices when they promote themselves as a free speech platform?

Gold
    Load Metric

So you think it is OK that a company like twitter systematicallly tries to silence conservative voices when they promote themselves as a free speech platform?
    I don't think that is what is happening. This Sandy Hook made up bullshit conspiracy theory should be put up in a court of law. Let him defend his claims. Otherwise they're just lies and very damaging and harmful lies at that. Lies that damage people who had children killed etc.

That is the truth. Contrasted to what you're saying.

The fact is he is also a conservative, which speaks to his listeners more than the politics of why he was banned.

If twitter bans conservatives for any sort of conservative views, I'd at least agree that it is wrong. We just need examples of this happening...

Load Metric
    [conservatives] WE NEED SMALLER GOVERNMENT AND LESS OVERSIGHT.
    [big business] ok cool but you should know that because we answer to stake-holders, we will censor content we believe to be at odds with that goal.
    [conservatives] BUT MUH AMENDMENTS.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric

I don't think that is what is happening. This Sandy Hook made up bullshit conspiracy theory should be put up in a court of law. Let him defend his claims. Otherwise they're just lies and very damaging and harmful lies at that. Lies that damage people who had children killed etc.

The fact is he is also a conservative, which speaks to his listeners more than the politics of why he was banned.

If twitter bans conservatives for any sort of conservative views, I'd at least agree that it is wrong. We just need examples of this happening...
    FFS, have you ever used twitter? Have you ever used the search function? If you can’t see that Twitter pushes liberal and SJW ideology you’re either stupid or in denial.

And this:

https://gizmodo.com/twitter-may-be-d...arc-1827788070

They do this every few months or so. They usually have to self correct because of the push back but better believe they are always working on better ways to silence certain voices.

Gold
    Load Metric

Oh yeah, on Shaun King:

https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesma...kG3KFEZtGPUIg/

Gold
    Load Metric

FFS, have you ever used twitter? Have you ever used the search function? If you can’t see that Twitter pushes liberal and SJW ideology you’re either stupid or in denial.

And this:

They do this every few months or so. They usually have to self correct because of the push back but better believe they are always working on better ways to silence certain voices.
    Are they actively turning off the twitter accounts for purely being conservative?

You're talking about search functions. Thats twitter promoting accounts. They can demote whoever the fuck they want, it is a private company and they have a profit to worry about. Thats just how it works. That is *NOT* censoring. They are a not a government entity. They are not forced to promote any sort of far-right wing nutjob bullshit, just like anything else they don't want to deal with. All these fucktard racists are total bitter broke dicks anyways. Twitter probably realizes this. Who gives a fucking shit if they go back crawling into the shadows.

It is funny though, as much as I have used twitter (not much) I don't think I *EVER* went there to use the search function. The concept is lolz. I'm going to search through a ton of fucking 140 character messages from random people..... Give us a break.

Comments

duped_samaritan: Don't waste your time trying to argue with Biff. (unless you're doing it for entertainment)

Gold
    Load Metric

And this:

Are they actively turning off the twitter accounts for purely being conservative?

You're talking about search functions. Thats twitter promoting accounts. They can demote whoever the fuck they want, it is a private company and they have a profit to worry about. Thats just how it works. That is *NOT* censoring. They are a not a government entity. They are not forced to promote any sort of far-right wing nutjob bullshit, just like anything else they don't want to deal with. All these fucktard racists are total bitter broke dicks anyways. Twitter probably realizes this. Who gives a fucking shit if they go back crawling into the shadows.

It is funny though, as much as I have used twitter (not much) I don't think I *EVER* went there to use the search function. The concept is lolz. I'm going to search through a ton of fucking 140 character messages from random people..... Give us a break.
    You lack the basic knowledge of how social media works and it’s role in modern society. Without a fundamental
    understanding of how this can impact our nation as a whole you are useless in this kind of conversation. You sound like an old man. An angry old man at that.

Load Metric
    Without a fundamental
    understanding of how this can impact our nation as a whole you are useless in this kind of conversation.
    But...you're Canadian...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

This could have me banned but with a little digging, thanks internet, I was able to locate BiffCo's Grade 7 elementary class photo.
    See if you can pick out BiffCo

Name:  Eastmangr7.gif
Views: 246
Size:  181.2 KB

Comments

Tellafriend: Just terrible

duped_samaritan: Just terrible!

Load Metric
    Name:  6cbc2568f7f8fbd602d20d0f8876ac03.png
Views: 249
Size:  92.3 KB

Thread Information