Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

to be honest, i'm not sure if you agree with me or disagree. maybe we agree.

let's just take this one statement:

"i get that there are instances when there is political correctness on the right as well, but to act like it is equal on both sides is to deny reality"

agree or no?

(and before you say your opinion doesn't matter, i find it interesting or i wouldn't bother engaging with you.)
    For political correctness it's likely true. Political correctness also targets left quite a bit more. So much that if you don't specify right in the context of political correctness it's assumed you're speaking of the left.

If you just look at self-censorship it evens quite a bit. And then when you look at the "culture" from left that teaches they shouldn't fear anything vs right where fearing a lot of things seem to be the norm, you can kinda start seeing that maybe the causes for fear are fairly even.

Conservatives definitely feel they can't express their political views more than liberals.

I don't think anyone is silenced in a major way. Usually when you hear about someone being silenced they are doing it while speaking to millions. Every pleb doesn't need to have "their" personal opinion be heard when already millions share it and it's easily available to public.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

I read the VOX study. I think the one area of disconnect between that study and reality is that the bar for what is considered "racist speech" is a lot lower and more ideologically driven than in years past, to the point where you could make a real argument the term is pretty meaningless now. Most of the speakers who have been run off the stage or heckled the last couple years would overwhelmingly be considered racist by your average college illiberal today, and most of them would not have been considered racist as recently as 2007, and would have been allowed to speak without any problems. It is also worth noting the average college illiberal who would protest a racist speaker probably couldn't identify one racist position that speaker had, they are just mindlessly jumping on the pile.

I doubt Gimmick could even name a single public person with some (but not even all) conservative opinions your average college illiberal wouldn't call "racist" if they were publicly asked to declare whether they felt the person was racist or not. (I am giving a lot of college illiberals the benefit of the doubt that in private they are much more reasonable, but in public there is much peer pressure to decry everyone with even the slightest conservative leanings as racist lest the Lynch mobs turn on them)
    Yea i don't know what average college liberal thinks or how he behaves and neither do you, but only one of us is pretending to know.

It is impossible to know how a hypothetical person would behave in a hypothetical scenario. So no i can't name a single person. So your doubt is not unfounded. The "question" itself is retarded though.

Comments

RS_: You’ve turned into a retarded person

sonatine: anti-random rep

Load Metric
    So Trump wants to meet with Putin completely alone with no aides or other Americans present. Do any of you trumpers see an issue with this or just business as usual?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    So Trump wants to meet with Putin completely alone with no aides or other Americans present. Do any of you trumpers see an issue with this or just business as usual?

met kim alone.

"muh Russia" is not actually a thing, have libs accepted this yet what is the consensus on that. I mean I know there's complete loons out there that think indictments that have nothing to do with Russian collusion mean they were always right about Russian collusion but have we moved on from the obvious political scam??

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

met kim alone.

"muh Russia" is not actually a thing, have libs accepted this yet what is the consensus on that. I mean I know there's complete loons out there that think indictments that have nothing to do with Russian collusion mean they were always right about Russian collusion but have we moved on from the obvious political scam??

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1JT2YB

huh

..also while kim and trump had their brilliant meeting of the very smart minds, kim's crew was literally shoring up and upgrading the same nuclear facilities he was telling King Dotard to his face he was going to retire in exchange for a McDonalds.

true story.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

met kim alone.

So in the midst of an instigation into Russian collision, you don't think this is completely stupid, and raising more questions than needed?

Comments

OSA: think you meant investigation

Diamond
    Load Metric

met kim alone.

So in the midst of an instigation into Russian collision, you don't think this is completely stupid, and raising more questions than needed?

absolutely not. if trump in his mind thinks ppl are being complete morons about "muh Russia" it's not trumps responsibility to think their opinion matters since what they are saying is wrong in the first place and he will do what he thinks is the right play

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

met kim alone.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1JT2YB

huh

..also while kim and trump had their brilliant meeting of the very smart minds, kim's crew was literally shoring up and upgrading the same nuclear facilities he was telling King Dotard to his face he was going to retire in exchange for a McDonalds.

true story.

lol can u not act like a bunch of garbage memes that /r/the_donald made 20x better 20x a day is actually a thing, thanks

Load Metric
    I am not a political animal. I choose to think the system is corrupt and rather hopeless. I am not practiced with explaining actual political ideas largely because mine have atrophied from hopelessness and cynicism.

But I can’t shake this notion this past week.

If Bankers went to jail for their shaninigans that resulted in the financial (housing) crisis would Trump be President today?

There is no fucking way a NY player wasn’t going to be soiled if NY Wall Street guys were wearing orange jump suits. He flew in their orbit and was a frigging real estate guy.

In the late 90’s and early aughts there began to be an accelerating lack of income distribution. What WAS democratized was credit. Principally mortgage credit. Poor people could lever up via mortgage credit and suburban Hummers were a thing. Everybody is happy.

Of course, mortgage brokers and bankers were abusing the poor with 3/27 and 2/28 adjustable mortgages with 3% teasers. They’d take a commission and sell the loans when the waitress came in for a mortgage. They would see her again in 2 or 3 years when her teaser rate expired and she could no longer afford her monthly mortgage payment. More commission and more fees for packaging the shit and reselling it. An endless cycle of $.

But folks were happy and there was domestic peace. However, banks and the populace were levered beyond all reason and we all know how it played out.

In came Dodd Frank and banks have never been healthier. The Fed trustees actually cracked the whip on the enforcement side.

Now in the past I’ve professed my love for the “Big Short” and all things Michael Lewis. I never caught this scene.

“I have a feeling in a few years people are going to do what they always do... blame immigrants and poor people.”

The movie was released in 2015 well before Trump and his charismatic brand of populism. How the fuck did they foresee today with such incredible clarity? I really am astonished. I write a lot of nonsense but I am honestly am puzzled by this leap of logic.

There appears to be a political cycle found in history that repeats itself (populism following crisis) and only a few saw it coming. It seems so obvious now.

So, thanks Obama for letting the bankers skate. Oh, thanks for the useless Quantitative Easing too. Nobody lent that money to anyone. It was all used to buy back their stock.

The day of reckoning came with Trump and the rest will drop as the leverage that simply moved to the Nasdaq will be de-levered too. The next crisis.

Fuck Washington and fuck Wall Street.

Back to your regular programming and Happy fucking July 4th

Comments

hongkonger: I wish I could rep this post a million times

big dick: happy 4th

gimmick:

BCR:

Daly: Thos

MumblesBadly: Respect for the poetic truthsaying

OSA: Oliver Stone and Michael Moore called, they want you to quit stealing their shtick.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The modern day Jim crow laws will end under Trump..

Anyone non white has an 80% chance of getting a job or going to school of there choice over whites who have only a 20% chance..
    SOLEY BASED ON THE COLOR OF THERE SKIN......

SO IF IMMIGRATION IS 90% NON WHITE THEN BASICALLY WHITE PEOPLE NEED NOT APPLY OR ARE BEING HERDED INTO GHETTOS.

TRUMPS NEXT PROJECT IS TOO STOP THAT INSANITY THAT OBAMA THE RACIST PUT ON STEROIDS.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post

Anyone non white has an 80% chance of getting a job or going to school of there choice over whites who have only a 20% chance..

SO IF IMMIGRATION IS 90% NON WHITE THEN BASICALLY WHITE PEOPLE NEED NOT APPLY OR ARE BEING HERDED INTO GHETTOS.

TRUMPS NEXT PROJECT IS TOO STOP THAT INSANITY THAT OBAMA THE RACIST PUT ON STEROIDS.
    Yeah white people have it so tough. Lol that you actually believe this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Absolutely ,

Working class white people do and this modern day Jim crow laws is immoral and insidious..

There are tons of married working poor white people being denied housing , employment,education and upward mobility regardless on there work ethic sacrifice and best intentions..

ONLY TO REWARD THE OPPOSITE OR MIDDLE CLASS MINORITIES AND ANYONE WHO DECIDED TOO CROSS THE BORDER..

just like mumbles u guys always respond with something u percieve too be witty while ignoring the true issue and cruelty of these racist laws.

It's full blown Jim crow against working class white people.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

There is some hyperbole, but there is also some truth in what Sparten is saying. The educated, bourgeoisie white/Asian class (which is ~9% of the total population) will be fine. They may not get their first choice of college or jobs, but they will make it into a college and get a job after.

But working class whites are definitely being squeezed by immigration and a racist society that actively discriminates against them because of their skin pigmentation, in the name of equity (despite the obvious irony there is little chance that the poor whites alive today are the descendants of people that benefited from the overt racism of the past (Because the whites that benefitted are mostly in the bourgeoisie class already).

In Los Angeles where I live pretty much 100% of non skilled govt jobs are taken by minorities. You will not find a white person doing any job that doesn't require a college degree. Some of this is obviously demographics, there are more poor hispanic and black people in LA than whites. But it isn't 100% minorities. There is definitely overt discrimination by the govt to only hire minorities. And this is probably how most cities go, although maybe not as blatantly as Los Angeles.

At one point right after grad school a few years ago I was applying to teach public community college classes part time, but the second I saw the application I knew there was about a 0% chance I would ever get such a job because of my skin color/gender. On the application there was a requirement to write a short essay about how I would contribute to diversity on campus, which is basically shorthand for the application saying "white males need not bother."

Comments

Tellafriend: Lulllz neednt apply

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

There is some hyperbole, but there is also some truth in what Sparten is saying. The educated, bourgeoisie white/Asian class (which is ~9% of the total population) will be fine. They may not get their first choice of college or jobs, but they will make it into a college and get a job after.

But working class whites are definitely being squeezed by immigration and a racist society that actively discriminates against them because of their skin pigmentation, in the name of equity (despite the obvious irony there is little chance that the poor whites alive today are the descendants of people that benefited from the overt racism of the past (Because the whites that benefitted are mostly in the bourgeoisie class already).

In Los Angeles where I live pretty much 100% of non skilled govt jobs are taken by minorities. You will not find a white person doing any job that doesn't require a college degree. Some of this is obviously demographics, there are more poor hispanic and black people in LA than whites. But it isn't 100% minorities. There is definitely overt discrimination by the govt to only hire minorities. And this is probably how most cities go, although maybe not as blatantly as Los Angeles.

At one point right after grad school a few years ago I was applying to teach public community college classes part time, but the second I saw the application I knew there was about a 0% chance I would ever get such a job because of my skin color/gender. On the application there was a requirement to write a short essay about how I would contribute to diversity on campus, which is basically shorthand for the application saying "white males need not bother."
    In the mid 1990,s I took the transit authority test with one of my good friends who is black..

I scored an 87 and he scored a 73..

He was called within 6 months..

His single mother with 3 kids owns a 2 family house and a vacation house in Maryland..

My 2 working poor parents with 2 kids had saved for 28 years too buy the cheapest 1 family house they could find and we're denied dozens of times.. even though the morgage would have been cheaper then there rent..lol

I have a very good friend was a big Democrat and is all Trump now,, his one kid with great scores can't get in too St . John's but his black landlord,s!!! kids go to Manhattan college free of charge..
    The poor kid in order too help his working class family applied to t mobile and dominoes for a part time job can't get one either.. it's all Indians..

And even though u understand verminard.. IT IS ACTUALLY MUCH WORSE AND INSIDIOUS.

Load Metric
    no chance you scored higher than that black guy

Comments

hongkonger: I loled

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: post of 2018

Load Metric

In the mid 1990,s I took the transit authority test with one of my good friends who is black..

I scored an 87 and he scored a 73..

He was called within 6 months..

His single mother with 3 kids owns a 2 family house and a vacation house in Maryland..

My 2 working poor parents with 2 kids had saved for 28 years too buy the cheapest 1 family house they could find and we're denied dozens of times.. even though the morgage would have been cheaper then there rent..lol

I have a very good friend was a big Democrat and is all Trump now,, his one kid with great scores can't get in too St . John's but his black landlord,s!!! kids go to Manhattan college free of charge..
    The poor kid in order too help his working class family applied to t mobile and dominoes for a part time job can't get one either.. it's all Indians..

And even though u understand verminard.. IT IS ACTUALLY MUCH WORSE AND INSIDIOUS.
    Back on the farm we call this "anecdotal evidence."

Comments

limitles: ty

Load Metric
    The working class and poor of ALL races are being squeezed by the class warfare of the wealthy and Wall Street, who are cynically using race to divide people who should be united. And because they have been deliberately left unprepared to compete in a global marketplace, which is what we have now, immigrants or no immigrants and trade war or no trade war.

It's also bass ackward that the same people who are complaining the loudest about the working class being squeezed are the most virulently anti-union. Another success of the master class (which includes Trump), who are laughing their asses off at you.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Truthspeaker rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RS_ View Post
    Part of the problem, or perhaps the main problem, with all this political correctness bullshit is people misinterpret what "equality" means. Equality means that we should show each other similar respect, we have the same worth as a human, we have basic human rights, and all that good stuff. People mix this up to mean people are equal in every possible way.

Men and women are equal -- we should be respected equally, neither be taken advantage of, and all that good stuff. That doesn't mean we are equal in strength, physical fitness, baby nurturing, or whatever else. Same goes with race and sexual orientation. How many Asians do you see in pro sports compared to blacks? It's not that blacks are better than Asians as human beings, but they are better than them at sports. Elementary school teachers and others in child-care tend to be women. That doesn't mean women are better than men as human beings, it means they're better at them at child-care shit.

Now we got boys turning into girls and girls turning into boys, damn - how time has changed.
    The child care and early childhood education thing is rarely discussed, but it would be impossible for a man to get such a job nowadays.

And rightfully so. Not only are women more nurturing, but the incidence of them molesting young children is about zero, whereas with men it's a legit risk. While there are plenty of stories of female teachers having sex with 16-year-old students, women simply don't molest prepubescent kids. That's actually something women should be proud of -- as a gender, they simply don't seem to have the tendency to molest little children like a certain percentage of men do.

How many of you would feel good leaving your 3-year-old alone with a man for the day (one who is a relative stranger), even if you knew 100% that he was capable enough to take care of the kid?

My point is that each gender has its strengths and weaknesses. Men are physically stronger, more aggressive, more sexually deviant, has a higher percentage of it population being good at math, science, and engineering, and have a shorter lifespan. Women are more nurturing, less violent, far less sexually deviant, and more emotional. Some of these things (such as the physical strength factor and the violence factor) are easily accepted by today's society. Others -- such as the ability in math/science/engineering -- are considered taboo to discuss, and in fact can make you unemployable in some industries if discussed publicly.

The problem is that the left seems to be so hung up on so-called "gender equality" that they want to deny that there could be some inherent differences in the genders where men are superior in some things (aside from the super-obvious physical strength factor).

I don't see why it's so horrible to say, "There are a lot of very talented men AND very talented women in math/science/engineering, but a higher percentage of men tend to have such talent as compared to women."

You can't say anything like that nowadays, even if it's true. Political correctness demands that you say men and women have equal talent in math/science/engineering, and the patriarchy has simply kept women out of these jobs.

Interestingly, I do believe women WERE discouraged from such jobs -- especially in the past. So there probably were women who had the talent for such careers who were convinced to go into something else, but I think that's partially BECAUSE it was less common for women to be good at this stuff than men. So when a woman was good at math and wanted to go into engineering, she was met with doubt. I agree that parents and educators should be taught to encourage careers in math/science/engineering for girls who seem legitimately good at that, but it is ridiculous to shut down discussion of whether or not men and women have equal talent in this field, for fear of offending people.

But regardless of where you stand on this issue, it should scare people that many on the left even want to prevent DISCUSSION of this matter -- labeling it "hate speech".

I totally understand blake's point. The left often tries to prevent the right from sharing their point of view, while the right rarely does the same to the left. How often does someone have to worry about their career for openly supporting left-wing politics? How often is a left-wing speaker protested and attempted to be pushed out of being able to make his speech? How often does the right label the left's speech as "evil" or "hate speech" and attempt to censor it?

These things simply don't happen.

Leftists who love civil liberties should be appalled by the behavior of their own-party peers, but for some reason most make excuses for it.

I have always been a right-winger who loved civil liberties, hence my long history of running/participating in free-speech type online communities, and my criticism of fascist policies (such as civil forfeiture), regardless of whether it comes from the left or right.

The left has quickly descended into fascism and censorship in the name of "tolerance" and "equality", and it amazes me how this isn't scaring more people.

BTW, blake is probably the most politically centrist poster in this thread. So his criticism of the left and its political correctness is not coming from a right wing fanatic looking to vilify anything on the other side.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RS_ View Post
    Part of the problem, or perhaps the main problem, with all this political correctness bullshit is people misinterpret what "equality" means. Equality means that we should show each other similar respect, we have the same worth as a human, we have basic human rights, and all that good stuff. People mix this up to mean people are equal in every possible way.

Men and women are equal -- we should be respected equally, neither be taken advantage of, and all that good stuff. That doesn't mean we are equal in strength, physical fitness, baby nurturing, or whatever else. Same goes with race and sexual orientation. How many Asians do you see in pro sports compared to blacks? It's not that blacks are better than Asians as human beings, but they are better than them at sports. Elementary school teachers and others in child-care tend to be women. That doesn't mean women are better than men as human beings, it means they're better at them at child-care shit.

Now we got boys turning into girls and girls turning into boys, damn - how time has changed.
    The child care and early childhood education thing is rarely discussed, but it would be impossible for a man to get such a job nowadays.

And rightfully so. Not only are women more nurturing, but the incidence of them molesting young children is about zero, whereas with men it's a legit risk. While there are plenty of stories of female teachers having sex with 16-year-old students, women simply don't molest prepubescent kids. That's actually something women should be proud of -- as a gender, they simply don't seem to have the tendency to molest little children like a certain percentage of men do.

How many of you would feel good leaving your 3-year-old alone with a man for the day (one who is a relative stranger), even if you knew 100% that he was capable enough to take care of the kid?

My point is that each gender has its strengths and weaknesses. Men are physically stronger, more aggressive, more sexually deviant, has a higher percentage of it population being good at math, science, and engineering, and have a shorter lifespan. Women are more nurturing, less violent, far less sexually deviant, and more emotional. Some of these things (such as the physical strength factor and the violence factor) are easily accepted by today's society. Others -- such as the ability in math/science/engineering -- are considered taboo to discuss, and in fact can make you unemployable in some industries if discussed publicly.

The problem is that the left seems to be so hung up on so-called "gender equality" that they want to deny that there could be some inherent differences in the genders where men are superior in some things (aside from the super-obvious physical strength factor).

I don't see why it's so horrible to say, "There are a lot of very talented men AND very talented women in math/science/engineering, but a higher percentage of men tend to have such talent as compared to women."

You can't say anything like that nowadays, even if it's true. Political correctness demands that you say men and women have equal talent in math/science/engineering, and the patriarchy has simply kept women out of these jobs.

Interestingly, I do believe women WERE discouraged from such jobs -- especially in the past. So there probably were women who had the talent for such careers who were convinced to go into something else, but I think that's partially BECAUSE it was less common for women to be good at this stuff than men. So when a woman was good at math and wanted to go into engineering, she was met with doubt. I agree that parents and educators should be taught to encourage careers in math/science/engineering for girls who seem legitimately good at that, but it is ridiculous to shut down discussion of whether or not men and women have equal talent in this field, for fear of offending people.

But regardless of where you stand on this issue, it should scare people that many on the left even want to prevent DISCUSSION of this matter -- labeling it "hate speech".

I totally understand blake's point. The left often tries to prevent the right from sharing their point of view, while the right rarely does the same to the left. How often does someone have to worry about their career for openly supporting left-wing politics? How often is a left-wing speaker protested and attempted to be pushed out of being able to make his speech? How often does the right label the left's speech as "evil" or "hate speech" and attempt to censor it?

Leftists who love civil liberties should be appalled by the behavior of their own-party peers, but for some reason most make excuses for it.

I have always been a right-winger who loved civil liberties, hence my long history of running/participating in free-speech type online communities, and my criticism of fascist policies (such as civil forfeiture), regardless of whether it comes from the left or right.

The left has quickly descended into fascism and censorship in the name of "tolerance" and "equality", and it amazes me how this isn't scaring more people.

BTW, blake is probably the most politically centrist poster in this thread. So his criticism of the left and its political correctness is not coming from a right wing fanatic looking to vilify anything on the other side.
    Got it, your long history with poker forums is all free sppech related. Crap. You backed into this shit and love to hear yourself talk. The forfeiture thing is a pocket book reaction.
    Bag of hot wind

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

If you actually want to know how often some of the things that in your mind don't happen, you can just follow this link...

https://www.thefire.org/resources/di...&view_2_page=1

...or just occasionally look at one of those left wing news sources. I'm fairly sure you commented that whole national anthem kneeling thingie, Tomi Lahren and say why Milo lost his status as the right's poster boy for tolerance. So it's kinda strange how you pretend none of that happened.

I don't know how popular the whole "homosexuality is a sin" camp still is but i think that falls in the category of evil. Not only are they trying to suppress speech in that regard, but also actively erase homosexuals from existence. But i'm sure you have good excuse for that.

Blake's two examples about left suppressing speech were of speeches that happened and weren't interrupted in any meaningful way.

Still waiting for anyone to come up with any proof that political correctness has caused significant damage to anything. I don't think it's remarkably useful, but i don't see it too harmful either.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Druff is willfully ignorant of when the right villifies the left as “evil”.

Thread Information