Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    The Left believing Trump's base is evangicals is precisely why he's going to win another term.
    Not THE base but a meaningful component. There are also the top 10% who want tax cuts (who are the only ones who actually benefit from them), white working class people who don't realize he is fucking them over royally, frustrated incels who are jealous that he gets away with open mysogyny and pussy-grabbing, and opioid addicts.

Load Metric
    The Left believing Trump's base is evangicals is precisely why he's going to win another term.
    I doubt anyone has said that. He wasn't their candidate at the primaries and it's not given they'll support him in the next elections. After he won the primaries they started backing him and Trump started courting that side more.

Evangelicals got Pence, Sessions and DeVos for their votes and money. I still don't know what positions the swamp clearing bunch got out of their votes, but i guess token gestures is almost as good.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    yeah if the white working class had any brains they'd want smaller paychecks to help upper middle class college boys pay off their student loans and to help stop global warming

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    no joke though it's hot as fuck right now

Load Metric
    that one off-hand post i made about how the republican party is a sock puppet for evangelicals has conveniently morphed into a 'the left thinks trump's base is evangelical' is exactly why democracy didnt work out.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: "one" lol
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The religious right isn't much of a factor these days. They're still an important GOP voting bloc, but they are far less influential, mostly thanks to the Trump revolution.

What is a problem is the fact that many on the right will oppose something just because the left supports it, and vice-versa.

This, for example, is how Muslims became the darlings of the left. They're racist, violent, backward, sexist, and extremely homophobic, but the left has embraced them because they perceive that the right is victimizing them.

The right isn't "opposed" to Islam, but does see Islamic terrorism as an increasing problem in this country, and the left's lol rhetoric of, "Muslims aren't any more likely to commit an act of terrorism in the US than anyone else" just makes the right even angrier.

Regarding transsexuals, the right's less-than-favorable view of them comes from a few places. With some, it's religious. With some, it's because they're another current darling of the left. With some, it's because the left has pushed trans support to ridiculous extremes, such as the claims that there's 52 genders, the shaming of people for not using "preferred pronouns" to refer to trans people, and the extremely loose definition of what makes someone trans.
    For a non factor religious right does a have a lot of cabinet positions. Some of those seem kinda important.

Can't think of a single issue where it was true that either party opposes something just because the other party supports it.

When you campaign for a "muslim ban", that doesn't leave much room to say that isn't victimization.

As a random number, from someone that looks at this clown fiesta from the side lines, about 90% of all this political correctness related crap is just right telling us that this is something the left is pushing. Anything from completely misunderstanding proposals to cherry picking loonies with no real power or support.
    If the "left loves political correctness" claims from the right were manufactured, you'd think that those in the left's political establishment would correct this "misperception" and speak out against such political correctness.

Yet you almost never see a Democrat speaking out against this stuff. Why do you think that is?

It's because a lot of these "loonies" you refer to have hijacked the Democratic Party, and even lefties who don't believe in all the PC crap are afraid to say anything about it, for fear of alienating a good sized portion of the base. Or even worse, such opinions could be used to frame them as racist/homophobic/transphobic/etc.

You say that you are "someone that looks at this clown fiesta from the side lines", which may be true, but you're also very left-biased, so that statement is misleading. I'm not using left-biased as an insult, btw. I admit to being right-biased, but it seems from your post that you're implying that you can look at all of this clearly without bias clouding your perception, and that's definitely not true.

Comments

thesidedish: lol did he really say that

Load Metric

For a non factor religious right does a have a lot of cabinet positions. Some of those seem kinda important.

Can't think of a single issue where it was true that either party opposes something just because the other party supports it.

When you campaign for a "muslim ban", that doesn't leave much room to say that isn't victimization.

As a random number, from someone that looks at this clown fiesta from the side lines, about 90% of all this political correctness related crap is just right telling us that this is something the left is pushing. Anything from completely misunderstanding proposals to cherry picking loonies with no real power or support.
    If the "left loves political correctness" claims from the right were manufactured, you'd think that those in the left's political establishment would correct this "misperception" and speak out against such political correctness.

Yet you almost never see a Democrat speaking out against this stuff. Why do you think that is?

It's because a lot of these "loonies" you refer to have hijacked the Democratic Party, and even lefties who don't believe in all the PC crap are afraid to say anything about it, for fear of alienating a good sized portion of the base. Or even worse, such opinions could be used to frame them as racist/homophobic/transphobic/etc.

You say that you are "someone that looks at this clown fiesta from the side lines", which may be true, but you're also very left-biased, so that statement is misleading. I'm not using left-biased as an insult, btw. I admit to being right-biased, but it seems from your post that you're implying that you can look at all of this clearly without bias clouding your perception, and that's definitely not true.
    I'm very left-biased obv. With the side lines part i mean that i'm not American, not a member of either party and all around personally detached from all of this. I consider that a slightly negative attribute when assessing this. I might not see or properly understand some things because of how far i am.

As an example of fabricating a problem we can use Jordan Peterson's claim to fame. His whole premise for opposing bill c-16 was that he could be prosecuted for using a wrong pronoun. That just wasn't ever true. Nothing in that law proposal (that is now part of Canadian law) could be interpreted by courts in a way Peterson claimed. In 1 year no one has been found guilty of using a wrong pronoun.

That's obv not an American example, but the American right has a tendency of using global events as critique of domestic issues. Let's assume that's not to make the issues feel more common and constantly present.

I can't remember a single left wing politician in the primaries campaigning strongly for political correctness. If some existed they sure didn't have votes to get anywhere. And that's kinda weird if the whole party is taken over by loonies.

Being for equal human rights isn't same as being for political correctness. Though it is much more convenient to be fighting against. It's kinda rude to say a group of people are trash. It's not rude to be fighting for freedom of speech to say a group of people are trash. Or even further just claim that there is an oppressive environment that isn't allowing people to say a group of people are trash. And maybe somewhere there is disconnect that obscures that this is likely just to treat a group of people like trash.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: SONATINE NO LONGER SMARTEST LIBERAL ON PFA

Load Metric

Social unraveling, gerrymandering and the American political system all encourage extremism on both sides.

Load Metric

It's funny cause it's true

The Democrats need a purge of all the social Marxist fail ideologues that mainly run the DNC..........it's almost as if there's some sort of "conspiracy " to allow the same people that contributed to President Trumps victory to still run the DNC.....Js........
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric

Comments

hongkonger: Ben Stein rep

Load Metric
    I doubt anyone has said that. He wasn't their candidate at the primaries and it's not given they'll support him in the next elections. After he won the primaries they started backing him and Trump started courting that side more.

Evangelicals got Pence, Sessions and DeVos for their votes and money. I still don't know what positions the swamp clearing bunch got out of their votes, but i guess token gestures is almost as good.
    Actually, about a third of conservative religious voters starting backing Trump by the South Carolina primary, which was only the third one on the calendar. This was evident by the huge amount of support Trump received from callers into a religious right radio hosted by a popular Baptist preacher, who himself called Trump out as antithetical to the faith and for his listeners to vote for another candidate in that primary. It’s also discussed in this post-primary article discussing related polling.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...n-their-faith/
    Trump’s win among evangelicals was a bit of a surprise to the media — the cable networks hammered away at the issue, and on Sunday’s “Meet the Press,” Chuck Todd peppered Cruz with questions about why he lost the group that had supported him in Iowa. But the South Carolina results show evangelicals are a diverse group with sometimes differing priorities. Trump did well among less-conservative evangelicals but not among those who want a candidate who shares their values. And after all, two-thirds of South Carolina evangelicals voted for one of the other candidates instead.

Evangelical Christians are a quarter of the U.S. electorate. In South Carolina’s exit polls, people who described themselves as born-again Christians (who may not always be or call themselves evangelicals) made up 72 percent of Republican primary voters, a record turnout for this group. Evangelical support for Trump has risen from 21 percent in Iowa to 28 percent in New Hampshire and now 34 percent in South Carolina.

Comments

gimmick: mostly meant moneywise
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 07-01-2018 at 03:59 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    U see , all these globalist consider it a trade war just for calling them out on the trade war they have against us.
    They want the status quo.

I go for reciprical trade. U charge us nothing and we charge u nothing.

U charge us a couple of points and we charge u a couple of points. SEEMS FAIR TO ME.

U CHARGE US 10% AND WE HAV CHARGED U NOTHING AND THATS SUPPOSED TO BE FINE AND IF WE CHARGE U THE SAME THING, ITS A TRADE WAR?!?!
    LOLLOLLOLHAHAHAHALOLOLOLOLHAHALIBTARDS.

there shiting in there pants couse they can't win and this is the time too do it.

If any of those other countries ever get an economic leg on us they will not be so diversified and tolerant and generous..

There just drug addicts who don't want all the freebees we have been giving them since nafta and we SHOULD PULL OUT OF THE W.T.O...

Load Metric
    double

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    U see , all these globalist consider it a trade war just for calling them out on the trade war they have against us.

U charge us a couple of points and we charge u a couple of points. SEEMS FAIR TO ME.

U CHARGE US 10% AND WE HAV CHARGED U NOTHING AND THATS SUPPOSED TO BE FINE AND IF WE CHARGE U THE SAME THING, ITS A TRADE WAR?!?!

there shiting in there pants couse they can't win and this is the time too do it.

If any of those other countries ever get an economic leg on us they will not be so diversified and tolerant and generous..

There just drug addicts who don't want all the freebees we have been giving them since nafta and we SHOULD PULL OUT OF THE W.T.O...
    Ya if only there was something like that. Oh wait NAFTA which Trump totally fucked up.

But seriously USA will always be a leg down because you can outsource work for much cheaper to poor countries.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post

Ya if only there was something like that. Oh wait NAFTA which Trump totally fucked up.

But seriously USA will always be a leg down because you can outsource work for much cheaper to poor countries.
    So I guess Trump is right?

The life of liesure enjoyed by Europe and Canada as well as all the money they spend on "refugees". Is from our outsourcing, nafta, wto and forieghn aid. WHICH IS WHY TRUMP IS TAKING HIS DICK OUT THERE MOUTH AND PUTTING IT UP THERE ASS.

WE ALL KNOW TRUMP IS RIGHT!!

Muslim hoard=invasion force same goes with Mexico)

Load Metric

I'm very left-biased obv. With the side lines part i mean that i'm not American, not a member of either party and all around personally detached from all of this. I consider that a slightly negative attribute when assessing this. I might not see or properly understand some things because of how far i am.

As an example of fabricating a problem we can use Jordan Peterson's claim to fame. His whole premise for opposing bill c-16 was that he could be prosecuted for using a wrong pronoun. That just wasn't ever true. Nothing in that law proposal (that is now part of Canadian law) could be interpreted by courts in a way Peterson claimed. In 1 year no one has been found guilty of using a wrong pronoun.

That's obv not an American example, but the American right has a tendency of using global events as critique of domestic issues. Let's assume that's not to make the issues feel more common and constantly present.

I can't remember a single left wing politician in the primaries campaigning strongly for political correctness. If some existed they sure didn't have votes to get anywhere. And that's kinda weird if the whole party is taken over by loonies.

Being for equal human rights isn't same as being for political correctness. Though it is much more convenient to be fighting against. It's kinda rude to say a group of people are trash. It's not rude to be fighting for freedom of speech to say a group of people are trash. Or even further just claim that there is an oppressive environment that isn't allowing people to say a group of people are trash. And maybe somewhere there is disconnect that obscures that this is likely just to treat a group of people like trash.
    the political correctness on the left has obv gotten out of control. take a look at what happens when normal conservatives or even liberals who would dare criticize radical islam (like bill maher) try to speak on college campuses.

belief in small government now equals racism to many on the left.

Bill maher is far far left and he was disinvited from Berkeley cause of his views on islam. ben shapiro needed 600 officers to protect him

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The left likes calling the right Nazis but in all objective measures they are acting like Nazis trying to yellow star everyone who is ideological impure into ghettos..

If that doesn't work they have no problem being violent..

There nuts..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

the political correctness on the left has obv gotten out of control. take a look at what happens when normal conservatives or even liberals who would dare criticize radical islam (like bill maher) try to speak on college campuses.

Bill maher is far far left and he was disinvited from Berkeley cause of his views on islam. ben shapiro needed 600 officers to protect him
    I'll look into it a bit more. I'm a doubtful since this isn't first time i've heard that phrase. Far as i know political correctness has gotten out of control every year since 90s. Maybe this time it's for real.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

Bill Maher was disinvited from making a commencement speech in 2014...

...and then he was reinvited. So wtf is the problem exactly? Should the students that disagreed with the invite just been silent about their views? They might have been morons, but i'm fairly sure that being offended that they chose to speak and organize in a democratic manner is kinda weird in the context of free speech and political correctness.

Load Metric
    The Shapiro incident was 1 month after Charlottesville. Few weeks before that there was a far right protest and counter protests from left that got violent. Berkeley overreacted and shot off 600k for Shapiro's security. Pretty much nothing worth mentioning happened. I have no idea why i should be outraged about this? Or even how this ties into political correctness?

Thread Information