Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    i think a lot of people are blaming "evangelicals" for mainstream conservative beliefs, even though the people holding those beliefs are not necessarily religious.

like, i don't think the majority of republicans in opposition to islam or transgenderism, for example, base their opinions on religion

Load Metric
    I'm pretty sure its just AARP members who think Trump supporters are neocons and evangicals.
    Last edited by devidee; 06-30-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i think a lot of people are blaming "evangelicals" for mainstream conservative beliefs, even though the people holding those beliefs are not necessarily religious.

like, i don't think the majority of republicans in opposition to islam or transgenderism, for example, base their opinions on religion
    I’m of the belief that there are more voting libatarians in the GOP than people realize but the party can’t bring in $$ from a group of people who want less government so they pander to the “evangelicals”.

I tend to vote right but if we passed an amendment tomorrow that made abortion legal, guaranteed the right to marriage for all, made most soft drugs legal, gave some amnisty and fixed up immigration and put in some sort of common sense gun control I’d likely be in favor of all of it.

It’s the two party system that is the real evil empire behind this country. I’m reasonably certain if we took the parties out of it and locked Tyde and Hongkonger in a room together for 24 hours with the authority to make changes to how things are they would come out of the room with a lot of changes that would make us all better.

Comments

hongkonger: We'd need you in there too

Load Metric
    The horrrrahhhh...

Name:  IMG_20180630_142215.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  83.4 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    The horrrrahhhh...

I don't think those people are going to be doing the horah.

Load Metric
    The horrrrahhhh...

that little tramp is showing her belly in public. Shameful. The koch brothers would not be happy if they were to see this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    The horrrrahhhh...

that little tramp is showing her belly in public. Shameful. The koch brothers would not be happy if they were to see this.
    The Koch brothers wouldn’t give a fuck about it and would support he selling her ass for $$.

Lot of other shit they are into, but that ain’t one of them

Load Metric
    Don't they claim to be men of "family values"

Load Metric
    Don't they claim to be men of "family values"
    One of them sued the other third brother who isn't really involved in the business. Or vice versa.

Comments

gimmick: 3rd sued the 2 for stealing 250m worth oil from federal lands

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The religious right isn't much of a factor these days. They're still an important GOP voting bloc, but they are far less influential, mostly thanks to the Trump revolution.

What is a problem is the fact that many on the right will oppose something just because the left supports it, and vice-versa.

This, for example, is how Muslims became the darlings of the left. They're racist, violent, backward, sexist, and extremely homophobic, but the left has embraced them because they perceive that the right is victimizing them.

The right isn't "opposed" to Islam, but does see Islamic terrorism as an increasing problem in this country, and the left's lol rhetoric of, "Muslims aren't any more likely to commit an act of terrorism in the US than anyone else" just makes the right even angrier.

Regarding transsexuals, the right's less-than-favorable view of them comes from a few places. With some, it's religious. With some, it's because they're another current darling of the left. With some, it's because the left has pushed trans support to ridiculous extremes, such as the claims that there's 52 genders, the shaming of people for not using "preferred pronouns" to refer to trans people, and the extremely loose definition of what makes someone trans.

Load Metric
    yes druff all of us dems LOVE towel head terrorists

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    the left might not love them, but they give them a pass. go to a leftist cesspool like /r/politics and you'll find anti-Christian sentiment in every thread but any criticism of Islam, Judaism or any other lesser faith is not tolerated

edit: not every leftist. Bill Mahr is one off the top of my head who loathes Christianity and Islam equally
    Last edited by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe; 06-30-2018 at 03:02 PM.

Load Metric
    The horrrrahhhh...

And what pray tell do you believe caused the collapse of that type of family? I know, but do you? And then what was natural consequence of it that has led us to where we find ourselves today?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    the left might not love them, but they give them a pass. go to a leftist cesspool like /r/politics and you'll find anti-Christian sentiment in every thread but any criticism of Islam, Judaism or any other lesser faith is not tolerated

edit: not every leftist. Bill Mahr is one off the top of my head who loathes Christianity and Islam equally

Sorry, couldn't be more wrong

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The religious right isn't much of a factor these days. They're still an important GOP voting bloc, but they are far less influential, mostly thanks to the Trump revolution.

What is a problem is the fact that many on the right will oppose something just because the left supports it, and vice-versa.

This, for example, is how Muslims became the darlings of the left. They're racist, violent, backward, sexist, and extremely homophobic, but the left has embraced them because they perceive that the right is victimizing them.

The right isn't "opposed" to Islam, but does see Islamic terrorism as an increasing problem in this country, and the left's lol rhetoric of, "Muslims aren't any more likely to commit an act of terrorism in the US than anyone else" just makes the right even angrier.

Regarding transsexuals, the right's less-than-favorable view of them comes from a few places. With some, it's religious. With some, it's because they're another current darling of the left. With some, it's because the left has pushed trans support to ridiculous extremes, such as the claims that there's 52 genders, the shaming of people for not using "preferred pronouns" to refer to trans people, and the extremely loose definition of what makes someone trans.
    For a non factor religious right does a have a lot of cabinet positions. Some of those seem kinda important.

Can't think of a single issue where it was true that either party opposes something just because the other party supports it.

When you campaign for a "muslim ban", that doesn't leave much room to say that isn't victimization.

As a random number, from someone that looks at this clown fiesta from the side lines, about 90% of all this political correctness related crap is just right telling us that this is something the left is pushing. Anything from completely misunderstanding proposals to cherry picking loonies with no real power or support.

Load Metric
    In the early seasons of “The West Wing” when they talked about “taking the pledge”. The pledge they were referring to was going into Iowa and saying you were all for ethanol even though everyone knows it’s complete bullshit as a fuel source other than it’s made with Corn Product.

The Dems don’t have to worry about the early primaries quite as much as the GOP because they aren’t winning Iowa and South Carolina anyway but for a GOP candidate a win in these states early on in the process can move someone forward to a nomination or make them viable enough for VP or cabinet spot.

If they would move the early GOP political primaries out of Iowa and SC and to Ohio and Virginia Is be willing to wager the influence of “Family Value” candidates would lessen and you would see more Moderate candidates have a chance. Kasich never had a chance.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    In the early seasons of “The West Wing” when they talked about “taking the pledge”. The pledge they were referring to was going into Iowa and saying you were all for ethanol even though everyone knows it’s complete bullshit as a fuel source other than it’s made with Corn Product.

The Dems don’t have to worry about the early primaries quite as much as the GOP because they aren’t winning Iowa and South Carolina anyway but for a GOP candidate a win in these states early on in the process can move someone forward to a nomination or make them viable enough for VP or cabinet spot.

If they would move the early GOP political primaries out of Iowa and SC and to Ohio and Virginia Is be willing to wager the influence of “Family Value” candidates would lessen and you would see more Moderate candidates have a chance. Kasich never had a chance.
    Yet another flaw in a pretty ridiculous system. Why not have a national primary day. Dragging it out for a year or more is crazy expensive and distracting. There's nothing about primaries in the constitution so if there were the will to do it we could devise a whole new system from scratch.

Also you're spot on, ethanol as fuel is one of the biggest frauds ever.

I could possibly have voted for Kasich, especially over Hillary.
    Last edited by hongkonger; 07-01-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Load Metric

Holy fucking Christ, Druff! This is *THE* stupidest thing I have ever seen you say in his forum! The religious right absolutely controls the national GOP, dominates the GOP’s state parties in the more conservative states, and is the only reason why Mike “The Dunce” Pence, one of the most religiously conservative GOP pols with national standing, became Trump’s running mate in 2016.

Also, the religious right *love* Trump, first seeing him as a modern version of Cyrus the Great, the pagan Persoan emporer who is celebrated by Bible thumpers for freeing the ancient Jews from Babylonian captivity. And now see him as a new convert to Christianity, with a gaggle of conservative ministers publicly praising him for his newfound faith.

Name:  1002224E-C301-494F-A72D-F61C75BF36A5.jpeg
Views: 265
Size:  127.5 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    The Left believing Trump's base is evangicals is precisely why he's going to win another term.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Holy fucking Christ, Druff! This is *THE* stupidest thing I have ever seen you say in his forum! The religious right absolutely controls the national GOP, dominates the GOP’s state parties in the more conservative states, and is the only reason why Mike “The Dunce” Pence, one of the most religiously conservative GOP pols with national standing, became Trump’s running mate in 2016.

Also, the religious right *love* Trump, first seeing him as a modern version of Cyrus the Great, the pagan Persoan emporer who is celebrated by Bible thumpers for freeing the ancient Jews from Babylonian captivity. And now see him as a new convert to Christianity, with a gaggle of conservative ministers publicly praising him for his newfound faith.

Name:  1002224E-C301-494F-A72D-F61C75BF36A5.jpeg
Views: 265
Size:  127.5 KB
    This looks fairly homoerotic to me.

Thread Information