Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Soviet Union and the Eastern European dictatorships they propped up, mainland China, some of the African dictatorships, all worse. Not as big of a collection of freaks though because they kept their shit hidden. In America the circus is part of the culture, and a brilliant distraction from real issues.

Maybe it's because I expected no better from the above countries. Some of which are still pretty much centuries behind the West. But for decades I believed America to be less fucked up than what it actually is.

From top to bottom it's the cesspool of modern humanity.
    For a while it was a lot less fucked up but it didn't last.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    I don't like welfare queens either and can't stand our tax dollars getting sucked up by them but I'd rather give it to them than some fortune 500 company.
    I'd prefer neither got any of it if I had my way.

big dick
    The Fortune 500 welfare queens are a lot more expensive than any public assistance program.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by igotnotoe View Post
    Yes I think everyone in the wealthiest country in the world should be able to eat high quality food not just rich people.

A big mac should cost $15
    Wild caught fish should cost what a big mac currently costs

When you go to Canada or Europe and eat breakfast they bring out fresh fruit with your eggs. When is the last time you ate breakfast at BK they brought you out fresh fruit?
    This is typical Leftist utopia thinking that doesn't exist in the world. Europe is expensive as fuck and their poor people do not live anywhere near the quality of life the rich do.

They have BK in Canada and Europe so not sure what you are even talking about and it is basically the same as here.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Yes I think everyone in the wealthiest country in the world should be able to eat high quality food not just rich people.

A big mac should cost $15
    Wild caught fish should cost what a big mac currently costs

When you go to Canada or Europe and eat breakfast they bring out fresh fruit with your eggs. When is the last time you ate breakfast at BK they brought you out fresh fruit?
    This is typical Leftist utopia thinking that doesn't exist in the world. Europe is expensive as fuck and their poor people do not live anywhere near the quality of life the rich do.

They have BK in Canada and Europe so not sure what you are even talking about and it is basically the same as here.
    Dumbass! With the agriculture subsidies that favor large corporate farms and low protein grains, the federal government heavily subsidizes the production of calorie-rich nutritionally-questionable foods.

Comments

hongkonger: this
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Dumbass! With the agriculture subsidies that favor large corporate farms and low protein grains, the federal government heavily subsidizes the production of calorie-rich nutritionally-questionable foods.

What does that have to do with my argument? All you are saying is that both parties waste tax payer money subsidizing the corn industry which is why we have high fructose corn syrup added to everything which plays a big role in obesity.

Even with that, it isnt fucking expensive to eat healthy if you know what you are doing.
    "It just goes to show the kind of person you are , I got no toe"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The "healthy" and "organic" food is marked up because rich hippy types from the big city will pay for it.

The barrier to healthy eating habits is not cost -- its taste and convenience.

Most people (like all animals) gravitate towards what tastes best, and also what's easiest to obtain/make. This makes fast food and other junk appealing.

If it were a money issue, there wouldn't be so many fat poor people in the US, as they wouldn't be able to afford to overeat. Instead, poorer people in the US tend to be more likely to be obese.

The US can only fight the obesity epidemic with a cultural shift -- much like the way there was a cultural shift against cigarettes, and now tobacco smoking is way down compared to a few decades ago.

Load Metric
    The "healthy" and "organic" food is marked up because rich hippy types from the big city will pay for it.

Most people (like all animals) gravitate towards what tastes best, and also what's easiest to obtain/make. This makes fast food and other junk appealing.

If it were a money issue, there wouldn't be so many fat poor people in the US, as they wouldn't be able to afford to overeat. Instead, poorer people in the US tend to be more likely to be obese.

The US can only fight the obesity epidemic with a cultural shift -- much like the way there was a cultural shift against cigarettes, and now tobacco smoking is way down compared to a few decades ago.
    This is true but it's also not true. It is a money issue because processed food is cheap, low in nutritional value but high in calories. It also affects the brain in a manner similar to drugs and is addictive (especially sugary foods). It is also a money issue because preparing healthy food is time-consuming, especially if you want it to taste good, and time is a luxury the working poor don't have, contrary to popular belief. You can get a Big Mac in 2 minutes.

Hippies' willingness to pay isn't the only reason healthier and organic food is marked up. Producing organic and healthier foods actually does cost more, but not as much more as they charge. Like fair trade coffee, that adds only a penny or less to the cost of your Starbucks drink but for which they charge a quarter extra or more, it is because you are identifying yourself as a customer who is willing to pay more for exactly the same thing. But when it comes to food, the government massively subsidizes the raw inputs for processed foods, like sugar, corn and soy. It should be processing whole vegetables, fruits and healthier grains instead.

Comments

big dick: gets it

gimmick:

MumblesBadly: Mostly, but the feds protect the domestic cane sugar industry with restrictions on imports. #CorporateWelfare
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric

Not only a cultural shift. Higher taxes on tobacco products definitely have helped reduce smoking over the decades. We need the federal government to change which agricultural products it subsidizes. For example, the corn subsidies are especially pernicious because they sponsor the production of low quality, high fat beef and artificial sweeteners relative to free range beef and fruits and vegatables.

Most of the year, I drive a truck all over the country, and it is ridiculously expensive to eat healthily versus otherwise over the road unless you have a refrigerator and freezer in your tractor, and can afford to burn the diesel to keep them running when the truck is parked. I have 12 volt cooler in mine, which helps, but it’s still a major planning chore to be able to find a Walmart I can stop at along the way to stock up on fruit and veggies.

Otherwise, a crappy red delicious apple, which have good shelf life but are poor nutritionally, typically costs about $1 at a truck stop store. And a small cup of some cut veggies/fruit costs usually are $3.50 each, and sometimes 2 for $5.00. Meanwhile, 2 hot dogs/brats/sausages, which you can usually slather with chili and some condiments, sometimes sauerkraut, typically costs about the same as that single pitiful little cup of veggies/fruit. But if a McDonalds is nearby, you can get a Big Mac, which has over 1100 calories and a decent amount of protein among all those shitty carbs, typically costs less than $5.00. But if you got the 2 veggie/cups for $5.00, you’d still be seriously short of the amount of protein you can get in a Big Mac. Which means you gotta fund some other convenient source of cheap protein in lieu of the Big Mac burger patties, such as those hot dogs, which also contain more saturated fats.

So, after several days of eating those hot dogs or burgers, with the occasional ovepriced veggie/fruit cup, you opt for the all-you-can-eat soup and salad bar. Or the full buffet if you want hot food other than soup.

Name:  FEA22CB4-3822-4877-A79E-963C1AD766E6.jpeg
Views: 467
Size:  384.4 KB

And fuck the diet! I ain’t leaving until I get my money’s worth!!!

Name:  F7A1ED3C-03AE-4FD6-B789-39ED38E05070.jpeg
Views: 458
Size:  102.6 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Name:  EED101C9-D713-4279-AE4A-3E8068842ED3.jpeg
Views: 446
Size:  179.4 KB

Comments

rum dick: If the middle dude is Pelosi then yeah the meme plays. Dems are idiots unfortunately.

Load Metric
    I’ve always thought the government should open healthy fast food drive thrus with the goal of breaking even. I would guess with the buying power of the government they could sell you a great salad or healthy wrap for $1.50, pay labor, and break even, but I have no idea if this supposition is correct. Has anyone encountered a foreign government try this? It seems the most progressive countries are also the thinnest countries, thus I’ve never seen it in practice.

So much of the problem is price and convienence, but it’s also that you walk into a take out or go through a fast food drive thru and it’s $12 for a salad, or $6 at fast food restaurant, and $7 for a burger or you can buy 3 double cheeseburgers for $5. Unless you have real willpower, it’s just super hard to pay way more to eat healthy and get so much less food.

A government run fast food joint that breaks even has to be busy, and therefore would be lowering health care costs. You’d also only be undercutting very limited items against your competition, thus it wouldn’t be that unfair to competing businesses.

I’ve always thought it would be an interesting experiment, and way better value than the billions dropped on nonsense by the government.

Comments

hongkonger: I love you. What a great idea.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I’ve always thought the government should open healthy fast food drive thrus with the goal of breaking even. I would guess with the buying power of the government they could sell you a great salad or healthy wrap for $1.50, pay labor, and break even, but I have no idea if this supposition is correct. Has anyone encountered a foreign government try this? It seems the most progressive countries are also the thinnest countries, thus I’ve never seen it in practice.

So much of the problem is price and convienence, but it’s also that you walk into a take out or go through a fast food drive thru and it’s $12 for a salad, or $6 at fast food restaurant, and $7 for a burger or you can buy 3 double cheeseburgers for $5. Unless you have real willpower, it’s just super hard to pay way more to eat healthy and get so much less food.

A government run fast food joint that breaks even has to be busy, and therefore would be lowering health care costs. You’d also only be undercutting very limited items against your competition, thus it wouldn’t be that unfair to competing businesses.

I’ve always thought it would be an interesting experiment, and way better value than the billions dropped on nonsense by the government.
    This would be a great idea if the government could do anything efficiently.

But it can't. The only way government is ever efficient is if the department is small and underbudgeted (such as the National Park Service).

Comments

rum dick: The government being literally retarded is the only reason why I'm still an Orange County Republican st this point. Lord knows it's not because of the actual Republicans in office.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So.... we've got this "Trump said immigrants are animals" controversy, which is pretty much a prime example of how the left can't help itself when it comes to attacking Trump unfairly.

Here we have a President who says and does stupid/embarrassing things on a daily basis, and the left is still resorting to unfair, untruthful, and out-of-context attacks on him.

A reporter asked Trump about the dangerous gang MS-13, and he responded by referring to them as "animals".

Immediately leftists on the internet jumped all over it, spreading the lie that Trump called illegal immigrants "animals", when it was VERY clear from the context that he was referring to MS-13.

MS-13 is an extremely violent and murderous gang, and definitely deserves the "animals" description.

Why is this stupidity even in the news?

Trump had to go as far as clarifying it today in a separate press conference.

Comments

rum dick: Pelosi is an idiot. I saw her "attack" re the "animals" and it was pure amateur hour cringe. If the dems want to win they have to get her to step aside. And Bernie can't run for POTUS. Obv they'll stick with them and lose.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

This would be a great idea if the government could do anything efficiently.

But it can't. The only way government is ever efficient is if the department is small and underbudgeted (such as the National Park Service).
    And because of big money in politics, Congress would likely severely restrict the bargaining power of ‘Foodicare’ with its suppliers. And then the government is bleeding even more money, or Foodicare fare prices would make Whole Foods look like a bargain.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 05-18-2018 at 03:57 AM.

Load Metric
    Life, Liberty and the pursuit of fruit salad.

Comments

MumblesBadly: You forget the pursuit of #CorporateWelfare

Mintjewlips: LOL

Load Metric
    Name:  download.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  72.6 KB

Comments

rum dick: And your point is what? People in poverty waste $ on crap Dominos pizza? You've clearly never spent time with an actual poor family. You were funnier when you were posting non-political memes. NWP Devidee..gold. PFA Devidee...bitter and flaccid.

So.... we've got this "Trump said immigrants are animals" controversy, which is pretty much a prime example of how the left can't help itself when it comes to attacking Trump unfairly.

Here we have a President who says and does stupid/embarrassing things on a daily basis, and the left is still resorting to unfair, untruthful, and out-of-context attacks on him.

A reporter asked Trump about the dangerous gang MS-13, and he responded by referring to them as "animals".

Immediately leftists on the internet jumped all over it, spreading the lie that Trump called illegal immigrants "animals", when it was VERY clear from the context that he was referring to MS-13.

MS-13 is an extremely violent and murderous gang, and definitely deserves the "animals" description.

The problem is, not every person deported by ICE is an MS-13 gang member, yet Trump still labeled all the individuals as "animals". On the other hand, Trump made it very clear that the Neo Nazi gathering in Virginia had some "very fine" people in that group. It's pretty clear Trump sees color, and its white he prefers.

Quick question, do you think Trump ever banged a black chick?

Comments

MumblesBadly: I’m guessing he prefers blondes even among white women.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post

The problem is, not every person deported by ICE is an MS-13 gang member, yet Trump still labeled all the individuals as "animals". On the other hand, Trump made it very clear that the Neo Nazi gathering in Virginia had some "very fine" people in that group. It's pretty clear Trump sees color, and its white he prefers.

I’m not a betting man, but I’m guessing a fair opening line would be +1500.

https://www.vox.com/2016/10/13/13269...lt-allegations

Load Metric
    Name:  ms13.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  112.2 KB

Comments

rum dick: Rofl. Fair enough.

Dan Druff: rofl

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Name:  ms13.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  112.2 KB
    Maddow's pecs are too big.
    HILLARY WON

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post

I’m not a betting man, but I’m guessing a fair opening line would be +1500.

https://www.vox.com/2016/10/13/13269...lt-allegations
    LOST CAUSE MUCH??? U guys are both beyond garbage incapable of debate, he's banged every race obv

Comments

rum dick: If every race means fake tit American blonde and poverty stricken sexual tourism brunette Euro then sure

Thread Information