Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    Obviously Assad didn't gas his own people......
    He's literally got the entirety of ISIS trapped in one fucking city and hes like "yeahhhhh I feel good, I had a good day, I think I'll do the one exact thing with virtually no strategic advantage to me that can legitimize a US airstrike on my soul to celebrate".

And people chug it like Fresca.
    Think of it like Russians assassinating their "own" people abroad.

It wouldn't make sense if these were isolated incidents. Why would they do something that gave them heat?

Dunno. They been at it for 75 years.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

He's literally got the entirety of ISIS trapped in one fucking city and hes like "yeahhhhh I feel good, I had a good day, I think I'll do the one exact thing with virtually no strategic advantage to me that can legitimize a US airstrike on my soul to celebrate".

It wouldn't make sense if these were isolated incidents. Why would they do something that gave them heat?

Hatred will make people do a lot of irrational things... So will absolute power or not having to face repercussions for one;s actions. Put those three together and that's how genocide occurs.

Comments

gimmick: yup

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    Obviously Assad didn't gas his own people......

No doubt it is dumbfounding. So, who do you think did it? Russia to test the water or Israel to keep us flexing as their muscle in the middle east?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

Hatred will make people do a lot of irrational things... So will absolute power or not having to face repercussions for one;s actions. Put those three together and that's how genocide occurs.

Sure, but wouldn't he have known there would be repercussions for this? In fact, didn't Obama/Kerry promise the world just a couple of years ago that Syria was free of chemical weapons? No way this goes unchecked. So, ......

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

Sure, but wouldn't he have known there would be repercussions for this? In fact, didn't Obama/Kerry promise the world just a couple of years ago that Syria was free of chemical weapons? No way this goes unchecked. So, ......
    It's not the first incident since the last missile strike. The repercussions last time were damages worth several dollars to an abandoned airfield.

Since February 2014 using barrel bombs has been against international law. After that there's been about 100 incidents per year in Syria. None of local factions that oppose Assad have aircraft's. I don't see how opposition creates 100 false flag attacks without tools needed for it and apparently absolutely nothing to gain from it. Almost no one is mentioning barrel bombs.

So.

Load Metric

As others have said this is far from the first time this has happened. I also am a firm believer in Occam's razor. All alternative explanations are even less likely.

Also your question could apply to literally hundreds of major wars over the history of mankind

Load Metric
    Oh and you know why don't abnormal individuals behave normally in abnormal situations? If only we had some clues to solve this puzzle. I guess will never know.

Load Metric

There are two explicit motivations for Russian assassinations abroad;

1) tying up loose ends.

2) sending messages.

And #2 is a really, really big problem thats been discussed quite openly; the FSB tends to 'take the initiative' in ways that are neither sanctioned by Putin nor to Russia's overall advantage, because the ranks of the FSB are being filled with people who were low-to-mid range crime families a decade ago. Nemtsov was murdered in broad daylight literally within eyesite of Putin's office window.

And the dozen or so Russian 'diplomatic staff' who died on American soil within literal weeks of Trump winning the election are generally hypothesized to be players who provided material support to the Russian trollfarm initiative but fucked it all up and ended up accidentally getting Trump elected instead of simply destabilizing the democracy.

So if your assertion is that the gas attack was an overzealous Syrian military underling who overstepped his orders, you sir may well be right, but that does not explain much less justify our response here.

[ So, who do you think did it?

this is where i take my foot off the pedal.

i have a friend who used to work for the government who had TS+ clearance because he did network security at a gov installation.

without getting into details.. it was made clear to me that normies like us never see more than the tip of the iceberg, and usually what we see of it is not even the truth.

i cant responsibly give attribution for a gas attack on syrian soil. i dont have the data.

but if you show me a bird-shaped animal with a bill that goes quack, i can say with confidence that its a duck.

a gas attack at this time serves exactly no rational purpose but to provoke an american response. and thats exactly everything i need to recognize this duck.

beyond that, im sorry, i refuse to participate because its just this:

its amazing what a pint of fresh coffee will do for my punctuation btw.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Ummm... why would they be hating? Syrians are dancing in the streets.
    8,000 fighters chose to flee with the Syrian Government approving, the rest have run away.
    Entire area has been liberated.

You would have to be an utter moron to seriously think he used CW's as a defiant act of hatred, snub at the west or drunk on power.

Load Metric

1) tying up loose ends.

2) sending messages.

And #2 is a really, really big problem thats been discussed quite openly; the FSB tends to 'take the initiative' in ways that are neither sanctioned by Putin nor to Russia's overall advantage, because the ranks of the FSB are being filled with people who were low-to-mid range crime families a decade ago. Nemtsov was murdered in broad daylight literally within eyesite of Putin's office window.

And the dozen or so Russian 'diplomatic staff' who died on American soil within literal weeks of Trump winning the election are generally hypothesized to be players who provided material support to the Russian trollfarm initiative but fucked it all up and ended up accidentally getting Trump elected instead of simply destabilizing the democracy.

So if your assertion is that the gas attack was an overzealous Syrian military underling who overstepped his orders, you sir may well be right, but that does not explain much less justify our response here.

i have a friend who used to work for the government who had TS+ clearance because he did network security at a gov installation.

without getting into details.. it was made clear to me that normies like us never see more than the tip of the iceberg, and usually what we see of it is not even the truth.

i cant responsibly give attribution for a gas attack on syrian soil. i dont have the data.

but if you show me a bird-shaped animal with a bill that goes quack, i can say with confidence that its a duck.

a gas attack at this time serves exactly no rational purpose but to provoke an american response. and thats exactly everything i need to recognize this duck.

All fair points- but if it wasn't Asad's decision, why wouldn't he be screaming that to the world?

Load Metric

1) tying up loose ends.

2) sending messages.

All fair points- but if it wasn't Asad's decision, why wouldn't he be screaming that to the world?
    Government forces are not issued with CW's. Underlings could not be put in that position.

Not possible in my opinion. Less it was totally covert, and this I doubt even more.

Load Metric

Nah, but that is the other issue lately that has been questioned in a similar manner. The "why would they" routine. Where people that have looked in to the issue have very little confusion on who is behind it and can give a reasonable explanation to the rationale. And where people that seem confused are thinking about it by asserting themselves in that situation. What they would do in that situation or what a normal person would do.

After last years response there have been say 70-100 incidents involving CWs and/or barrel bombs. If you want to justify burning hardware and appear having leadership qualities by shooting 100 missiles then you can just pick one of those. There is no need to fabricate atrocities.

Comments

sonatine: interesting

Load Metric

It's not the first incident since the last missile strike. The repercussions last time were damages worth several dollars to an abandoned airfield.

Since February 2014 using barrel bombs has been against international law. After that there's been about 100 incidents per year in Syria. None of local factions that oppose Assad have aircraft's. I don't see how opposition creates 100 false flag attacks without tools needed for it and apparently absolutely nothing to gain from it. Almost no one is mentioning barrel bombs.

So.
    Barrel bombs are usually fired like a mortar, and filled with conventional explosives.

"It is a fascinating example of a propaganda meme. Barrel bombs are being used by Syrian government forces, though on a pretty small scale. They are an improvised weapon made by packing conventional explosive into a beer barrel. They are simply an amateur version of a conventional weapon, and they are far less “effective” – meaning devastating – than the professionally made munitions the UK and US are dropping on Syria, or supplying to the Saudis to kill tens of thousands of civilians in Yemen, or to Israel to drop on children in Gaza.

If a bomb were to drop near me, I would much prefer it to be a barrel bomb as it would be less likely to kill me than the UK and US manufactured professional variety. If however my guts were to be eviscerated by flying hunks of white hot metal, I would not particularly care what kind of bomb it was. The blanket media use of “barrel bomb” as though it represents something uniquely inhumane is a fascinating example of propaganda, especially set beside the repeated ludicrous claims that British bombs do not kill civilians."
    https://counterinformation.wordpress...omb-conundrum/

Load Metric

Nah, but that is the other issue lately that has been questioned in a similar manner. The "why would they" routine. Where people that have looked in to the issue have very little confusion on who is behind it and can give a reasonable explanation to the rationale. And where people that seem confused are thinking about it by asserting themselves in that situation. What they would do in that situation or what a normal person would do.

After last years response there have been say 70-100 incidents involving CWs and/or barrel bombs. If you want to justify burning hardware and appear having leadership qualities by shooting 100 missiles then you can just pick one of those. There is no need to fabricate atrocities.
    If nice to see someone else gets this. The "why would argument" is a classic misused syllogism that is used far too often to try and explain decision making. It assumes falsely that humans will always make optimal rational choices. It also makes the mistake of overestimating others motives when we don;t have the full picture.

For instance did anyone here actually see the lurker post a photo of Druffs mother? And why would the lurker do that knowing full well that Druff will likely spend the next year trying to ruin him? Oh you did see the photo? Well obviously druff took control of his account and posted it to find a legitimate way to ban the lurker. makes way more sense right?

Now real evidence that someone else did this I'm willing to listen to of course.

Load Metric

I don't think you know what a barrel bomb is, and the type they've been using.
    No aircraft needed!

Name:  barrel-bombs-400x712.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  16.6 KB

Name:  7E5ndXU.png
Views: 326
Size:  816.2 KB
    Last edited by Salty_Aus; 04-15-2018 at 07:08 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

No aircraft needed!
    Yea you're correct you don't need an aircraft for improvised explosives. I don't really understand why someone would see a need in explaining barrels bombs as very small improvised explosives that are commonly shot from mortars since this isn't true regarding Syria. They are quite big, usually dropped from an aircraft, fairly inaccurate and not remarkably selective. Incidentally these are also the reasons why UN Security Council banned them. It appears that Russia and China were not confused about them in the distant past of 2014.

Oh and for the purpose of 100s of false flag incidents of Syrian army dropping barrel bombs from aircraft you kinda do need an aircraft.

Load Metric

No aircraft needed!
    Yea you're correct you don't need an aircraft for improvised explosives. I don't really understand why someone would see a need in explaining barrels bombs as very small improvised explosives that are commonly shot from mortars since this isn't true regarding Syria. They are quite big, usually dropped from an aircraft, fairly inaccurate and not remarkably selective. Incidentally these are also the reasons why UN Security Council banned them. It appears that Russia and China were not confused about them in the distant past of 2014.

Oh and for the purpose of 100s of false flag incidents of Syrian army dropping barrel bombs from aircraft you kinda do need an aircraft.
    You have this image of great big chemically filled barrel bombs falling from aircraft. Hundreds of times.

The very first chemical attack was done by the little blue mortar type barrel bombs. Stolen by the rebels was just as likely as government forces. *shrugs*

Zero evidence the Syrian Government are using CW's... let alone hundreds of times.

Let's see what the weapons inspectors say. I'll bet money they find no anthrax or sarin, chlorine maybe.
    Ohhh yeah they arrived on the 14th.

Load Metric
    Name:  30712392_1002645466554286_167933792499248961_n.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  28.9 KB

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

You have this image of great big chemically filled barrel bombs falling from aircraft. Hundreds of times.

The very first chemical attack was done by the little blue mortar type barrel bombs. Stolen by the rebels was just as likely as government forces. *shrugs*

Zero evidence the Syrian Government are using CW's... let alone hundreds of times.

Let's see what the weapons inspectors say. I'll bet money they find no anthrax or sarin, chlorine maybe.
    Ohhh yeah they arrived on the 14th.
    I didn't know i had that image. Who knew. Apparently you did. All this time i thought it was shrapnel, chemicals, explosives and/or oil. Also not all of those mix together, but listing those separately doesn't seem that relevant.

Zero evidence Syrian government is using CWs hundreds of times, hence i never said that. Plenty of evidence that they are using CWs.

Tricky those rebels. Always stealing Assad CWs. Obv Assad had never any intention of using that stockpile that he kept replenishing. All the while Syrian pound was plummeting (it's still worth 10% what it was before the war), under sanctions and trade embargoes, having their foreign assets seized while on their 7th year of a civil war where half of their people have left the country. That's some winning. But what's important Assad had his shiny stockpile of CWs. You know just for show and peace of mind. Who in their right mind would ever use that, especially when they were winning so hard.

Load Metric
    Name:  30710286_1653140441441907_631420755845840896_o.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  113.3 KB

Thread Information