Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

I am actually concerned California is on a downward spiral. I am seriously considering getting the fuck out.

I am definitely leaving Los Angeles within the next year. If you are white and are not a multimillionaire there is no place for you in this city.

Its weird, all the libs complain about white flight, saying it is racism. But in reality in this city the only affordable housing if you cannot afford a $2M+ house is in an ethnic ghetto. And if you are not a doctor, lawyer or some other high paying professional good luck finding a job in this city if you are white. All the jobs for non smart people, especially government jobs, are given preferentially to minorities. So if you are white and not very smart you aint getting any government job at any level, and that is a lot of the jobs for people that aren't that smart.

So if you aren't tremendously wealthy and white you have to leave, especially if you want to live in a real house, and the rich libs call you a racist for it.
    I am completely sympathetic about your choice. I am always mystified why people who live in places like LA and Detroit don’t just pick up and leave. Why wouldn’t you want to improve your circumstance?

However, I don’t want the eastern time zone to be viewed as a sanctuary for LA flight.

Not for nothing but Detroit is kind of amazing these days.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

JFC. There's a limited stock of prime location real estate and huge demand. Therefore prices are high. There are a lot of people with high incomes willing to pay. The same problem exists in major metropolitan areas all over the world. It's simple economics, not some "rich libtard conspiracy."

The difference is that in civilized countries they put effort and money into ensuring an adequate supply of affordable housing for people with lower incomes. The USA does not do nearly enough relative to the population and the size of the problem. The "libtards" you speak of want to do so, and are made fun of by Republicans and by fools like you who don't understand what is really happening.
    They want affordable housing in other peoples neighborhoods, not their own. Nobody is talking about working towards any affordable housing in Beverly Hills, Westwood, Brentwood, or Sherman Oaks. Quite the opposite. It is all talk. Their actions speak for themselves. I don't know how it works in other cities, but here the most liberal people are also the richest and live in the most exclusive neighborhoods where they would never allow any affordable housing anywhere near them.
    verminaard is correct.

The California limousine liberal is the nut low, but unfortunately they are getting a stranglehold on the state. When Jerry Brown leaves office, things are really going to go to hell (can you believe I wrote that??)

The California ballot measures in 2016 (propositions) were especially alarming.

The left was pushing various measures which would screw the working class while enriching big corporations, while the right opposed these measures. I felt like I was living in a bizarro world where the right was protecting the little guy and the left was attempting to enrich big business, but that's exactly what was happening.

Take that awful grocery store plastic bag "ban", which in reality wasn't a ban, but simply required grocery stores to charge 10c per plastic bag (and then keep it). Also, this law did NOT apply to fast food places or other non-market outlets. This was simply a regressive tax in the name of phony environmentalism, which would disproportionately hurt the poor. The right opposed this, and stated (correctly) that it would simply enrich supermarket corporations.

However, the left kept crowing about how bad the plastic bags were for the environment, and insisted that something had to be done in order to drastically reduce their number.

The right countered by saying, "Okay, we still oppose this, but just to show you're full of shit, we will introduce a second proposition which will force this 10 cents to go toward California environmental causes, rather than staying in the pockets of multibillion-dollar supermarkets."

The left opposed that second proposition -- one which would only have taken effect if the first one had passed.

You read that correctly. The left not only demanded that markets charge 10c per bag and keep it, but also opposed a second proposition which would move that 10c over to environmental causes. Don't believe me? Google it and look it up!

So the California limousine liberal left literally wanted poor people to pay 10c per bag and that money to go to large corporations, and they also opposed that money going to helping the environment.

Oh, and the law had a sneaky provision to where it would take effect immediately after election day, rather than waiting until 1/1/17 as every other newly passed law/proposition. So this way all shoppers were caught with their pants down and were forced to pay 10c/bag the next time they went grocery shopping. This was by design, and I'm sure you can guess which party was receiving lots of money from the supermarkets.

That's what California is dealing with nowadays, and it's just mind-boggling.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

I am completely sympathetic about your choice. I am always mystified why people who live in places like LA and Detroit don’t just pick up and leave. Why wouldn’t you want to improve your circumstance?

However, I don’t want the eastern time zone to be viewed as a sanctuary for LA flight.

I hold this on par with the what you hear about Cleveland’s waterfront scene.

You have to ask where the bar was set initially. Residents have set aside their plans for suicide. That’s not an endorsement

I just floated the words “Detroit Nightlife” in my head and had a quality laugh.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, the limousine liberal powers-that-be in California also can't wait to start paroling all kinds of dangerous murderers, out of "compassion" for them.

This is already going on, but fortunately Governor Brown -- a principled liberal who doesn't give a shit what his own party thinks of him -- keeps reversing these decisions, basically saying, "Fuck no, this guy is dangerous and hasn't reformed, keep him locked up."

But when Brown is out of office, which will be very soon, you can expect these reversals to stop, and we will have lots of serial rapists and murderers back on the street.

I wish I could say this is hyperbole, but I can't.

I personally know a family whose elderly parents were brutally bludgeoned to death in the late '70s by a disgruntled employee. He tied them up and beat them to death with a lead pipe.

This charming gentleman still won't even admit his role in the whole thing (he laughably still claims that his accomplices "made him do it", even though all evidence suggests that's BS), yet they keep attempting to parole him.

Brown repeatedly reverses it, but soon enough that guy will be out on the streets, and he's only 60 and very able-bodied.

Load Metric

I hold this on par with the what you hear about Cleveland’s waterfront scene.

You have to ask where the bar was set initially. Residents have set aside their plans for suicide. That’s not an endorsement

I just floated the words “Detroit Nightlife” in my head and had a quality laugh.

deleted from net.

ok!

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric

I am actually concerned California is on a downward spiral. I am seriously considering getting the fuck out.

I am definitely leaving Los Angeles within the next year. If you are white and are not a multimillionaire there is no place for you in this city.

Its weird, all the libs complain about white flight, saying it is racism. But in reality in this city the only affordable housing if you cannot afford a $2M+ house is in an ethnic ghetto. And if you are not a doctor, lawyer or some other high paying professional good luck finding a job in this city if you are white. All the jobs for non smart people, especially government jobs, are given preferentially to minorities. So if you are white and not very smart you aint getting any government job at any level, and that is a lot of the jobs for people that aren't that smart.

So if you aren't tremendously wealthy and white you have to leave, especially if you want to live in a real house, and the rich libs call you a racist for it.

As an aside, you may look back and view your timing as brilliant. The sand states always get hit hard by real estate corrections.

I’m sorry. Even though LA wasn’t built on a desert they have taken what was once fertile land and turned it inhospitable to life.
    Well, when you are in your 20s it is kind of cool living in apartments with roommates, and you don't really care about all the homeless people on the sidewalk corners and parks because you don't go to those places anyways. And you have odd hours so the crushing traffic in rush hours doesn't even affect you as much.

Then you get in your 30s and start a family and you don't want to live in shitty apartments/condos anymore, and spend 1 hour commuting 5 miles to work, and you don't want homeless people camped out at the parks your kids are playing at. And even if you had the $$ to buy a $1.5M house, you aren't really thrilled with the idea of having to pay that much for a 70 year old 1500 sq foot 2 bed 1.5 bath with a homeless camp down the street.

But you are stuck in your job and there is a lot of inertia and it is hard to get out.

Pray for me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    verminaard is correct.
    wut

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Senior policy advisor for Trump Stephen Miller
    Name:  miler.png
Views: 362
Size:  146.3 KB
    looks like he gargles with formaldehyde

late night with seth meyers

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Name:  MW-EE684_tump_n_20160203125210_ZH.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  98.4 KB

Comments

Tellafriend: Can you imagine the delirious reaction ?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    It would be hilarious.

The Peace Prize is sort of bullshit. Every few years they shit the bed by giving it to someone completely undeserving. They gave it to Kissinger who stretched the Vietnam War out for an extra 5 years and made it even more brutal for all involved. They gave it to Obama right after he was elected, and I cannot figure out what he did to earn it (he didn't do anything for the rest of his presidency to earn it either). Then after they get the stupidity out of their system they go back to giving it to people who really deserve it like the Red Cross or MSF.

If Trump really got NK to give up its nuclear program, with ongoing UN inspections and a verifiable ban on fissile materials entering the country, he would deserve the Peace Prize. But (1) I don't think it's likely to happen and (2) even if it did, a bunch of Europeans are not giving Trump the Peace Prize, no way never.
    HILLARY WON

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    It would be hilarious.

The Peace Prize is sort of bullshit. Every few years they shit the bed by giving it to someone completely undeserving. They gave it to Kissinger who stretched the Vietnam War out for an extra 5 years and made it even more brutal for all involved. They gave it to Obama right after he was elected, and I cannot figure out what he did to earn it (he didn't do anything for the rest of his presidency to earn it either). Then after they get the stupidity out of their system they go back to giving it to people who really deserve it like the Red Cross or MSF.

If Trump really got NK to give up its nuclear program, with ongoing UN inspections and a verifiable ban on fissile materials entering the country, he would deserve the Peace Prize. But (1) I don't think it's likely to happen and (2) even if it did, a bunch of Europeans are not giving Trump the Peace Prize, no way never.
    You forgot to mention giving it to Arafat, who not only was the leader of a terrorist organization, he siphoned off hundreds of millions of aid $$ for himself.

Load Metric
    None of DPRK's posture has anything to do with Trump, DPRK regularly puts on community theater like this when it suits them to so economically.

They 'gave up their nuclear program' under Clinton and we all see how well that played out.

They are going to 'give up their nuclear program' again under Trump, Trump's going to remove all their sanctions, and in 2 years or so the world is going to be asking why and how NK was able to melt another of their own mountains.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    None of DPRK's posture has anything to do with Trump, DPRK regularly puts on community theater like this when it suits them to so economically.

They 'gave up their nuclear program' under Clinton and we all see how well that played out.

They are going to 'give up their nuclear program' again under Trump, Trump's going to remove all their sanctions, and in 2 years or so the world is going to be asking why and how NK was able to melt another of their own mountains.

somebody didn't watch the announcement, SK ambassador said "thanks to president trumps leadership and maximum pressure." Ambassador Rodman should be getting out of rehab soon and we are in business for THE TRUMP PEACE PRIZE. It will be THE GREATEST PEACE PRIZE OF ALL TIME

Name:  170615175817-dennis-rodman-art-of-the-deal-exlarge-169.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  76.3 KB

Load Metric
    and they said the same shit about Clinton.

again, really, this is community theater to get the sanctions wiped.

and trumps going to swallow the hook.

and guess what; when he starts drafting people to get ashed in the DMZ when NK reveals that they styled on him, it aint gonna be the libtard soygrammers(tm) on the front lines.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    and they said the same shit about Clinton.

again, really, this is community theater to get the sanctions wiped.

and trumps going to swallow the hook.

and guess what; when he starts drafting people to get ashed in the DMZ when NK reveals that they styled on him, it aint gonna be the libtard soygrammers(tm) on the front lines.

there will be no war. this was one of the pros of electing trump, show the rest of the world we are crazy enough to do it so do not try us.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Slam dunk liberals

Trump continues to WIN

Comments

hongkonger: How so

Banned
    Load Metric
    Big props to hongmonger sucking off tines pencil dick

Both desperate and dedicated libwads.....

Sonatine is a smart guy

Hongmonger is a complete fucking retard.

Both of you need to give our president credit now
    Actually fuck off hongmonger nobody cares what you think

Eat a huge n-word dick you dense fucktard

Comments

hongkonger: And you're drunk broke and homeless as usual?

Load Metric

They want affordable housing in other peoples neighborhoods, not their own. Nobody is talking about working towards any affordable housing in Beverly Hills, Westwood, Brentwood, or Sherman Oaks. Quite the opposite. It is all talk. Their actions speak for themselves. I don't know how it works in other cities, but here the most liberal people are also the richest and live in the most exclusive neighborhoods where they would never allow any affordable housing anywhere near them.
    verminaard is correct.

The California limousine liberal is the nut low, but unfortunately they are getting a stranglehold on the state. When Jerry Brown leaves office, things are really going to go to hell (can you believe I wrote that??)

The left was pushing various measures which would screw the working class while enriching big corporations, while the right opposed these measures. I felt like I was living in a bizarro world where the right was protecting the little guy and the left was attempting to enrich big business, but that's exactly what was happening.

Take that awful grocery store plastic bag "ban", which in reality wasn't a ban, but simply required grocery stores to charge 10c per plastic bag (and then keep it). Also, this law did NOT apply to fast food places or other non-market outlets. This was simply a regressive tax in the name of phony environmentalism, which would disproportionately hurt the poor. The right opposed this, and stated (correctly) that it would simply enrich supermarket corporations.

However, the left kept crowing about how bad the plastic bags were for the environment, and insisted that something had to be done in order to drastically reduce their number.

The right countered by saying, "Okay, we still oppose this, but just to show you're full of shit, we will introduce a second proposition which will force this 10 cents to go toward California environmental causes, rather than staying in the pockets of multibillion-dollar supermarkets."

The left opposed that second proposition -- one which would only have taken effect if the first one had passed.

You read that correctly. The left not only demanded that markets charge 10c per bag and keep it, but also opposed a second proposition which would move that 10c over to environmental causes. Don't believe me? Google it and look it up!

So the California limousine liberal left literally wanted poor people to pay 10c per bag and that money to go to large corporations, and they also opposed that money going to helping the environment.

Oh, and the law had a sneaky provision to where it would take effect immediately after election day, rather than waiting until 1/1/17 as every other newly passed law/proposition. So this way all shoppers were caught with their pants down and were forced to pay 10c/bag the next time they went grocery shopping. This was by design, and I'm sure you can guess which party was receiving lots of money from the supermarkets.

once again Druff is misleading everyone here by not telling the whole story about plastic bags in California

yeah, your are charged .10 per bag...but you can re-use that bag when you go back to supermarket and get rewards credits for each bag used to sack you groceries...those rewards credits can be redeemed when you buy gas: Ralph has a deal with Shell; Von's has a deal with Union...so one can recover the $.10 many times over

also, thanks to buying groceries (non-perishables) from amazon prime, people make fewer visits to grocery stores and buy less each visit now (need fewer bags)...plus amazon deliveries come in a recyclable cardboard box ...the plastic bag deposit burden has been abated

Comments

MumblesBadly: Druff suffers from Partisan Selective Memory Syndrome
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    "So the California limousine liberal left literally wanted poor people to pay 10c per bag and that money to go to large corporations, and they also opposed that money going to helping the environment."

Don't believe me? Google it and look it up!

So fucking stupid, he is beyond biased at this point. He just makes shit up, like he works for Hannity, or something.
    # 1 If this was true, you'd have a link
    # 2 I did google it, and found nothing.

Seriously to believe that BS they feed you on Fox "news",
    ]you have to think EVERY other news station (not just CNN, EVERY one of them) is lying.

Except Russia Today and Info wars, of course.

verminaard is correct.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Druff is helping to Make America Ignorant Again
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Banned
    Load Metric
    I don't like tine very much....but at least he makes sense

Hongmonger has like 3000 posts in my awesome thread

And he's a huge LOSER

Comments

hongkonger: You calling me a loser tells me I'm a winner

Thread Information