Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    its a particularly mystifying gesture considering he literally went from shithole to shithole talking about how he was going to solve the opioid crisis that was slicing through their communities like the black plague.

cultists gonna cult tho.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    blake seriously why do you expect the dems to be like LOL BUSINESS AS USUAL LETS ALL GET ALONG

like maybe you havent heard but trump is in the middle of a legitimate assault on science and he just took a hacksaw to womens rights / planned parenthood for an encore. like hours ago.

pulling the emergency breaks on this entire theocracy strikes you as pearl clutching material because why exactly?

because they once said that they would never derail a government?

bro we no longer have a government. this (pointing at the white house) is not a government. its the tea party on sterno, controlling all 3 legislative branches. why are you pearl clutching because the dems are finally putting their foot down?
    this would all make sense except the dems are on record saying there will be no budget without a DACA deal. that's why the dems are threatening a shutdown.

it's not to lash back against a theocracy. it's not pulling emergency brakes on an out of control train. it's about DACA.

even more, it's about the dems thinking the public will hold trump accountable for the shutdown (which i don't believe is correct). what happens when it's time to raise the debt ceiling? will the dems choose to default cause trump is nuts? is that what we get out of our politicians?

i think you hold the dems in much MUCH higher esteem than i do. i see pelosi and schumer as some of the most vile and loathsome politicians out there who don't care how hypocritical they are as they know they'll largely get a free pass by the press. i don't think they care actually about anything except getting votes and staying in power

Comments

sonatine: understood, thanks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    All the people claiming the dems are fucked up for using DACA as a bargaining chip need to realize that the republicans are doing the exact same thing with CHIP, yet CHIP could have been renewed ANY TIME since Trump became president, and republicans have blocked that from happening in congress due to their disagreements with the ACA and trying to repeal and replace... Now these douchebags want to use childrens insurance as their bargaining chip. It's disgusting behavior.

Congress has taken steps to reauthorize the program, but, so far, they’ve been caught in partisan crossfire over where the money should come from. Several weeks ago, the House voted along party lines to pass Republican legislation that would refinance the program and extend funding for five years. Democrats criticized the measure for paying for CHIP by cutting funding to programs treating opioid addiction, diabetes and heart disease, youth suicide, and other public health initiatives.

“These programs have traditionally been bipartisan. But, the bill before us extends these programs by taking billions of dollars away from the Affordable Care Act, and undermining Medicare,” said Rep. Frank Pallone, Jr. (D-NJ) on the House floor prior to the vote. “Democrats strongly support reauthorization of these programs — but we reject the way Republicans are paying for them.”
    It makes absolutely no sense to divert all this money to the upper 1% through these "historic" tax cuts while taking money away from programs that matter... ESPECIALLY OPIOID ADDICTION, which is the single greatest health threat facing our country right now and something Trump campaigned on fixing. Just another broken promise that no one on the right seems to care about.
    you do realize that the dems are posturing like they will let CHIP go unfunded just to save the DACA program, right?

this is exactly the sort of scummy politics that should be taken out of the budget/debt ceiling process

Load Metric
    for the record i'm not even against DACA. i've worked pro bono to successfully help kids get DACA status before both the obama and trump administrations

so there.

Load Metric
    i think the dems have decided that DACA is simply where they are drawing the line and taking a stand.

its not like anyones reaching out across the aisle to discuss anything else.

obviously its just impossible for me to take a negative opinion of that seriously considering the tea party controls every.. single... legislative branch and are somehow going to end up fucking up the entire united states government because the democrats gave them a dew drop of the ocean of obstructionism the republicans handed obama every day of his tenure.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Vegas, Matrix is raking it in. Don't you think its time to consider firing a down payment on a new forum personality? The election has completely ruined you.
    It's funny how every time you say something stupid and get called out for it you run away, only to come back a few days later with something else to say.

I will say this however... I kind of agree with you. I hate that I'm so interested in all of this and wish I could just tune out and forget about it all. None of this is good for any of us, but unfortunately from a democratic law and order POV we are witnessing the most important historical event of our lifetime (at least that's my take on it). Two things that I have always been fascinated by is the hypocrisy and alienation tactics of the far right and left, and criminal behavior. Unfortunately we have the best of both worlds going on right now, and we are also witnessing our country being torn apart at the threads, so it's a tough trainwreck to look away from and comment on with great, knowledgeable people like yourself.

I think it will do us all a lot of good when all of this is over, if that day ever comes.

In the meantime...

Name:  owl6.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  48.1 KB

Load Metric
    Two things that I have always been fascinated by is the hypocrisy and alienation tactics of the far right and left, and criminal behavior.

oh cool another statement of equivalence between the right and left.

this is the fucking government you people deserve.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    All the people claiming the dems are fucked up for using DACA as a bargaining chip need to realize that the republicans are doing the exact same thing with CHIP, yet CHIP could have been renewed ANY TIME since Trump became president, and republicans have blocked that from happening in congress due to their disagreements with the ACA and trying to repeal and replace... Now these douchebags want to use childrens insurance as their bargaining chip. It's disgusting behavior.

It makes absolutely no sense to divert all this money to the upper 1% through these "historic" tax cuts while taking money away from programs that matter... ESPECIALLY OPIOID ADDICTION, which is the single greatest health threat facing our country right now and something Trump campaigned on fixing. Just another broken promise that no one on the right seems to care about.
    Hilarious coming from a weed farmer. Like 90% of opiate addicts, especially the young ones got their start with weed. That is simply the truth. Stop moralizing please.
    Keep watching FOX supposed NEWS and stay uninformed...

https://drugabuse.com/legalizing-mar...ate-overdoses/

Over the past two decades, deaths from drug overdoses have become the leading cause of injury death in the United States. In 2011, 55 percent of drug overdose deaths were related to prescription medications; 75 percent of those deaths involved opiate painkillers. However, researchers found that opiate-related deaths decreased by approximately 33 percent in 13 states in the following six years after medical marijuana was legalized.

“The striking implication is that medical marijuana laws, when implemented, may represent a promising approach for stemming runaway rates of nonintentional opioid-analgesic-related deaths,” wrote opiate abuse researchers Dr. Mark S. Brown and Marie J. Hayes in a commentary published alongside the study.

Load Metric
    Two things that I have always been fascinated by is the hypocrisy and alienation tactics of the far right and left, and criminal behavior.

it's times like these where it would be nice if there wasn't video of schumer and pelosi literally saying how they would never threaten to shut down the government to advance a political agenda, only to do exactly that today.

Comments

Tellafriend:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

it's times like these where it would be nice if there wasn't video of schumer and pelosi literally saying how they would never threaten to shut down the government to advance a political agenda, only to do exactly that today.
    so youre just going to ignore the part where i point out that this is less than a fraction of a percent of the shit the right wing shoved down obama's throat every day for 8 years? and that the entirety of the united states government is under republican control and they still cant save it from a shutdown because they cant decide which version of the fucking bible to rule from?

oh and we really dont have a viable government to shut down?

i guess this is your new comfort zone, and its real disappointing.

Load Metric
    for the record i'm not even against DACA. i've worked pro bono to successfully help kids get DACA status before both the obama and trump administrations

so there.

file this under "some of my best friends are black".

Load Metric
    Name:  3vv8ysrhr1b01.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  231.1 KB

Load Metric
    also trump would be a colossal bitch if he caves on DACA just to avoid a shutdown, which the dems are wrong for threatening

also lol at chuck schumer in 2013:

SCHUMER: Speaker [John] Boehner comes in and he says basically… it’s sort of like this: Someone goes into your house, takes your wife and children hostage and then says ‘Let’s negotiate over the price of your house.’

You know we could do the same thing on immigration. We believe strongly in immigration reform. We could say ‘We’re shutting down the government. We’re not going to raise the debt ceiling until you pass immigration reform.’ It would be governmental chaos.

the subtle implication here that there is anyone sane and stable in the white house for the dems to do business with is profoundly shade worthy.

Look at these "liberals" angry that President Trump is going to "cave" on DACA.....wow......
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    Im 100% for legalizing anyone that's here now, they're already here :whynot..
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric

Both sides have diverse factions. To act like the left doesn't is not being honest. We are in the predicament we are in because of BOTH sides to some degree. Sure, one side has politicians that are willing to gerrymander, back white supremacists and pedophiles, lie, divert, and tell half truths that enable the most corrupt individual to ever hold office to wreak havoc on society, but lets not kid ourselves here, the left has to share in some of the blame for creating such a divide. They brought a lot of issues to the forefront that pissed a lot of white, bible belt, mid westerners, and whites spread throughout this country... off. Those people vote. If I were to blame the left for one thing it would be not having a finger on the pulse of the diversion they were creating with all the PC bs, and maybe figure out how to be a bit more tactful when it came to that. I think they were grossly out of touch with what was happening. I do think the Russian troll farms definitely tilted the scales now, but it really should have never even come to that. Obama really was too coy with all the Russian meddling IMO, and they could have done more to stop it and let people know what was happening. They were too afraid to fuck up, and it cost them everything. If you don't think before this election happened that the left felt they had this in the bag and could do no wrong, well I would say C'MON MAN!!!
    Last edited by vegas1369; 01-19-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post

the subtle implication here that there is anyone sane and stable in the white house for the dems to do business with is profoundly shade worthy.

Look at these "liberals" angry that President Trump is going to "cave" on DACA.....wow......
    I won't be angry if Trump does the right thing.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric

so youre just going to ignore the part where i point out that this is less than a fraction of a percent of the shit the right wing shoved down obama's throat every day for 8 years? and that the entirety of the united states government is under republican control and they still cant save it from a shutdown because they cant decide which version of the fucking bible to rule from?

oh and we really dont have a viable government to shut down?

i guess this is your new comfort zone, and its real disappointing.
    my views on trump and his IQ are pretty well established. it's not like i ever have good things to say about him. i'm certainly not intending to praise his government

but imo, being anti-trump or anti-GOP doesn't mean you shouldn't call out the dems for doing the exact same things dems screamed about when the republicans were doing it to obama. the quickest way to make people tune out your opinion is to put blinders on when it's your side, and only point fingers at the other guys.

anyway, setting fire to the government (as pelosi put it once upon a time) is not what grown folks do when they don't get their way politically

Load Metric

so there.

file this under "some of my best friends are black".
    please don't even start questioning my black street cred

:kwame

Comments

sonatine: i knew i should have played the "one of my lawyers is jewish" card

Load Metric

you do realize that the dems are posturing like they will let CHIP go unfunded just to save the DACA program, right?

this is exactly the sort of scummy politics that should be taken out of the budget/debt ceiling process
    I agree, but IMO the GOP knew they could use CHIP as a bargaining chip long before this all went down, and are using it to their advantage. Granted, dems are doing the same with DACA, but they don't have a choice. If they let DACA go till March and pass this bill without a fix DACA will be fucked.

Load Metric

Both sides have diverse factions. To act like the left doesn't is not being honest. We are in the predicament we are in because of BOTH sides to some degree. Sure, one side has politicians that are willing to gerrymander, back white supremacists and pedophiles, lie, divert, and tell half truths that enable the most corrupt individual to ever hold office to wreak havoc on society, but lets not kid ourselves here, the left has to share in some of the blame for creating such a divide. They brought a lot of issues to the forefront that pissed a lot of white, bible belt, mid westerners, and whites in spread throughout this country off. Those people vote. If I were to blame the left for one thing it would be not having a finger on the pulse of the diversion they were creating with all the PC bs, and maybe figure out how to be a bit more tactful when it came to that. I think they were grossly out of touch with what was happening. I do think the Russian troll farms definitely titled the scales now, but it really should have never even come to that. Obama really was too coy with all the Russian meddling IMO, and they could have done more to stop it and let people know what was happening. They were too afraid to fuck up, and it cost them everything. If you don't think before this election happened that the left felt they had this in the bag and could do no wrong, well I would say C'MON MAN!!!

im talking about things that happened today and youre talking about things that happened like two years ago. you cant say "yeah this afternoon trump literally signed a bill saying anyone uncomfortable with abortions has the right to refuse to administer them but on the other hand, man o man the left really dropped the ball with that russian meddling 18 months ago" and expect me to be like wow yeah nice one socrates.

Thread Information