Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I was only in my 20s and wasn't following politics especially closely at that time, but my understanding was Clinton got in trouble for perjury for lying about his affairs under oath while he was being sued for sexual harassment (I actually had to look this up, I didn't remember what he was being sued for that led to him lying about his affairs). My understanding is that if he didn't lie about the affairs he wouldn't have been in any impeachment trouble at all.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post

Clinton was humidoring skanks in the oval office over 20 years ago.
    And the Republicans impeached and nearly removed him from office for it. You demand the same be done to Trump, right?
    No. What the Republicans did was absolutely idiotic.

Comments

hongkonger: Credit for consistency

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I was only in my 20s and wasn't following politics especially closely at that time, but my understanding was Clinton got in trouble for perjury for lying about his affairs under oath while he was being sued for sexual harassment (I actually had to look this up, I didn't remember what he was being sued for that led to him lying about his affairs). My understanding is that if he didn't lie about the affairs he wouldn't have been in any impeachment trouble at all.
    Correct, he seduced a 21 year old intern and lied about it under oath, there were some other lies (and perhaps murders) but you have the gist of it.

Impeachment is only one prong of the equation, that is a simple majority of the House. In the Senate, you have to go through a formal trial chaired by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. You then need 67 Senators to vote yes. In Clinton, despite what HongKonger is making up, it never got to a trial because they were so far away from 67 votes it was not even practical. It just died on arrival.

Impeachment is a total political process. In order for Clinton to have been found guilty in a trial, his entire Democrat base would have had to abandon him, which they did not, so the House vote was a huge waste of time. Nixon was going to trial and would have been convicted because the Republicans walked away from him, so he resigned because he knew the outcome.

With Trump, he will never go to trial because the Republicans will either have a large majority in the Senate in 2018, or maybe only have 49 R Senators. Most likely the Senate will have 53-55 R Senators in 2018 and lose the House. Let's say the Senate goes Democratic by 1 vote, worst case scenario is 49 R Senators. That means you would need 18 to flip and that is not going to happen, Trump is still wildly popular with the Republican base. The only scenario is some personal crisis unfolds for Trump and the economy tanks, then any President is open for removal under that scenario.

Comments

hongkonger: Fake smart

Sloppy Joe: Really dumb

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Correct, he seduced a 21 year old intern and lied about it under oath, there were some other lies (and perhaps murders) but you have the gist of it.

Impeachment is only one prong of the equation, that is a simple majority of the House. In the Senate, you have to go through a formal trial chaired by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. You then need 67 Senators to vote yes. In Clinton, despite what HongKonger is making up, it never got to a trial because they were so far away from 67 votes it was not even practical. It just died on arrival.

Impeachment is a total political process. In order for Clinton to have been found guilty in a trial, his entire Democrat base would have had to abandon him, which they did not, so the House vote was a huge waste of time. Nixon was going to trial and would have been convicted because the Republicans walked away from him, so he resigned because he knew the outcome.

With Trump, he will never go to trial because the Republicans will either have a large majority in the Senate in 2018, or maybe only have 49 R Senators. Most likely the Senate will have 53-55 R Senators in 2018 and lose the House. Let's say the Senate goes Democratic by 1 vote, worst case scenario is 49 R Senators. That means you would need 18 to flip and that is not going to happen, Trump is still wildly popular with the Republican base. The only scenario is some personal crisis unfolds for Trump and the economy tanks, then any President is open for removal under that scenario.
    Hey dumbass, Clinton went to trial. The senate proceeding WAS the trial. The senate is the jury in an impeachment trial.

Comments

Salty_Aus: I did not have sexual relations with that woman
    HILLARY WON

Platinum
    Load Metric

Hey dumbass, Clinton went to trial. The senate proceeding WAS the trial. The senate is the jury in an impeachment trial.
    He never said it wasn't. He just said Clinton had enough support in the Senate (and the American people in general) that he was never going to be impeached and the whole impeachment proceeding was a big waste of time and money from the start. Did you actually read his post? It doesn't appear you did.

Load Metric

He never said it wasn't. He just said Clinton had enough support in the Senate (and the American people in general) that he was never going to be impeached and the whole impeachment proceeding was a big waste of time and money from the start. Did you actually read his post? It doesn't appear you did.
    Honkonger and Muck Ficon have been obsessed with me for years. Every couple days or so I make a post that gets under their skin and they freak out and begin their obsession with neg reps. It's called being in someone's mind. As long as it humors me, I'll continue.

Comments

hongkonger: Great have another one you retarded troll

Load Metric

Yeah, lying is what get's these folks every time. It's their hubris and vanity. Ask Michael Vick, Martha Stewart, Bill Clinton, etc. Hell, the guy that Mueller is going to have flip that worked for Trump wasn't indicted for whatever he did, he was indicted for lying under oath.

Load Metric

I read the part where he wrote "it never got to trial." Did you misunderstand that?

Comments

tgull: I own your head, plain and simple. You belong to me.
    HILLARY WON

Diamond
    Load Metric
    AMBASSADOR RODMAN IN REHAB

hopefully we can do this w/o him. He should be out halfway thru the Olympics to give a glorious speech

Platinum
    Load Metric

I read the part where he wrote "it never got to trial." Did you misunderstand that?
    Ok, fair enough.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

If this news broke with any other president in our history in would have been YUGE News!!! Not that I give shit what skanks Cheeto face fucked, but quit kidding yourself, this is worthy of being reported and discussed. You all act like the president should be held to avg to low standards like any other ordinary Joe, which is fucking stupid. You crack me up dude.
    And it was YUGE news. What's your point?
    Last edited by vegas1369; 01-17-2018 at 05:27 PM.

Load Metric

If this news broke with any other president in our history in would have been YUGE News!!! Not that I give shit what skanks Cheeto face fucked, but quit kidding yourself, this is worthy of being reported and discussed. You all act like the president should be held to avg to low standards like any other ordinary Joe, which is fucking stupid. You crack me up dude.
    What salacious story about Trump's personal life has actually surprised you? Absolutely nothing has surprised me at all, and I am sure there is much worse shit that we just don't know about yet. Did you really think Trump had never had sex with a prostitute in his life or paid hush money to one? If before he was elected you had asked me whether I thought either of these had occurred at some point in his adult life, I would have said absolutely.

How outraged and indignant am I supposed to be over something that doesn't surprise me at all? No-one is surprised in the slightest by any of this shit. That is why the only people who give a flying fuck are the ones that have Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Whether or not we should have elected someone of Trump's character to be President of the United States is a different story altogether. But once we did, I don't think we should be particularly surprised he is exactly what most of us thought he was to begin with.

I think Obama actually being a decent person is more the exception than the norm when it comes to presidents and politicians in general. I would be surprised if he had a sex scandal story on this level, but nothing that has come out about Trump surprises me in the least, so given that excuse me for not thinking it is much of a story.
    In that sense I understand. I'm sure no sane person is surprised by that. My point wasn't that we should be surprised, it was that this is news worthy considering he is the president.

In the grand scheme of things, this is nothing compared to the rest of the bullshit, and that right there is the point of all of this. With any other president in history this is a very big story and earth shattering to a degree. Can you imagine if a story like this came out about Obama? Seriously... GOP jokers would still be harping on that like a a second Benghazi. With Trump this story is just a drop in the bucket.
    Last edited by vegas1369; 01-17-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Load Metric

Honkonger and Muck Ficon have been obsessed with me for years. Every couple days or so I make a post that gets under their skin and they freak out and begin their obsession with neg reps. It's called being in someone's mind. As long as it humors me, I'll continue.
    I guess I'm on your mind then... A lot.

Load Metric

You are actually level-headed. A very liberal far left person, but not a sociopath leftist. If I were to categorize you, I would put you in the Corey Booker / Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer liberal camp. Not Elizabeth Warren or Keith Ellison camp. But you are definitely a Pelosi Liberal, which is fine, you have your belief system and that is ok. You have not apparently crossed the path of becoming a radical.

Comments

hongkonger: I would characterize you as a drunken loser who lies about having money

Load Metric

And it was YUGE news. What's your point?
    Simply that the sequel is rarely as yuge as the original.

Load Metric

You are actually level-headed. A very liberal far left person, but not a sociopath leftist. If I were to categorize you, I would put you in the Corey Booker / Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer liberal camp. Not Elizabeth Warren or Keith Ellison camp. But you are definitely a Pelosi Liberal, which is fine, you have your belief system and that is ok. You have not apparently crossed the path of becoming a radical.
    LOL.. I already debated this with Druff and destroyed his argument so bad he ran away from the conversation. Far left liberal, no, just a centrist who sees this administration and political party for what it is. A morally bankrupt bunch of douchebags that dont give a fuck about anything other than themselves and their donors and rich friends. All that along with what basically amounts to state run prime time television masked as news pushing their lies and agenda.

Comments

The_Lurker: Welcome to the club

Load Metric
    This seriously can't be real life. We have to be living in the Matrix. This is the best they got??? A year in the white house and this the top 10 fake news stories the GOP can come up with? Holy shit!! If someone wanted to do this for Trump it would literally be a top 100 list considering they now have over 2,000 very provable lies on record and they would actually matter, as opposed to a story about Trump over feeding fish.

https://gop.com/the-highly-anticipat...e-news-awards/

Comments

MumblesBadly: It's real. Real fucked up.

Load Metric
    Propaganda...

Name:  DT05tGiWsAAkpER.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  151.4 KB

Load Metric

Load Metric
    These examples that clearly show the Citizens United decision needs to be undone as part of comprehensive campaign funding reform are possibly the most depressing of all news reports. When there is no way to legally fight against the huge money fuckers that fund every politician regardless of party and pay for an army of lobbyists it sure as hell doesn't feel like any kind of democracy. Nothing left but a slide downwards until the vast majority can no longer afford entertainments and mind altering substances. Then its just a matter of time until the big convulsion, whatever shape that takes.

Last use of the guillotine in France.

Name:  last french guillotine.PNG
Views: 2383
Size:  515.6 KB

One of these fuckers has resigned after flying in govt paid for private jets to non-govt events. All the rest are looking for every opportunity to sell influence, no bid contracts etc except Chou and Devos. Kochs wanted Pence to run for prez, he declined but after the election Kochs ordered him to accept VP and they paid to get him there. Pruitt, Zinke, Perry, and Ross please die real soon.

Name:  koch appointes.JPG
Views: 911
Size:  94.2 KB

Name:  koch cartoon 1.JPG
Views: 1008
Size:  103.9 KB

"Mexico will pay for the wall."

Comments

MumblesBadly: Tru dat
    “I believe the simplest explanation is, there is no God. No one created the universe and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization that there probably is no heaven and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful.”
    Stephen Hawking

Thread Information